All Comments on 'The Donut Man'

by rawallace

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oops

everyone would wonder what I was doing sitting with a man other than Tim. Shit! I should have thought of that.

Tim bid me farewell and walked out onto the sidewalk

Cracker270Cracker270over 3 years ago

Really nice story. Liked all the characters, even Tim. You do characters good. You do need to get your editor to tighten up a bit. Small stuff but you are too good a writer to put out inconsistencies.

gordo12gordo12over 3 years ago

Good story. The plot takes me back to my own first years getting engaged, then married. 5*

stewartbstewartbover 3 years ago
Who doesn't love donuts?

I was sorry to see the story end. As the little beggar said, "May I have more ?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The unanswered question . . . .

You never explained or answered the one question: WHO was the third donut for (his love)?

Otherwise,a GREAT story, well written, and it made the reader wanting more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story! Accidental one-star rating

Great story! My first time rating a story and I blew it! I meant to give 4 stars but I didn’t understand how to rate it. Pls disregard the 1-star rating. I imagine it will be the only rating that low and can be thrown out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Continuing from the other anonymous.

Thee were a few typos like places with weird grammar or missing words. Not enough to be memorable. If I can tell what you mean it doesn’t bother me. If you have an editor, they are only human.

By the way, that would be “bade me goodbye”.

Great job overall, I really enjoyed it. Give us more stories. You could continue this, but it’s not necessary.

rawallacerawallaceover 3 years agoAuthor
Question not answered

Thanks for all the comments. I have incorporated those items into my final draft and in the future will repost this story with the corrections made--your comments are being used. Again, my thanks to those careful readers who catch what my editor and I do not (though to be fair, my work has benefitted greatly from mentoring and hard work).

Regarding the unanswered question by Anon. Actually, it was answered when Robyn met Val and Wade on the trail. Robyn asked Val if she knew who Wade gave the third donut too and she replied she had seen him put one into the box in the break room with the others, and on one else specifically. There was no other 'love', only a wish for love-which was satisfied by Robyn, making the third donut unnecessary. Was I too subtle?

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 3 years ago
Great and getting better

Thanks, one of your best! Good story, fun, believable, and happy ending, all belong in spades!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best story I have ever read on this web site.

Could be made into a really nice novel. Good ending too.

charlie48charlie48over 3 years ago

Brilliant, but who gets the third donut.

Need chapter 2 ASAP, to complete this tale.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved It

Thank you for a couple of very enjoyable hours reading this heart-warming story. Loved the characters and hope to read more about them.

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleover 3 years ago
Fun!

Very nice, slow-burn romance. There wasn't a ton of dramatic tension but there doesn't always need to be. This was like slipping into a familiar sweater and curling up by a fireplace--warm, comfortable, and pleasant.

5/5. Thank you for sharing!

SunloverSunloverover 3 years ago
Great story

This was a well written and interesting story. Very well done.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Poor Tim, hey guy you snooze you lose! Great story totally believable and enjoyable. Poor Wade looks like he just created a monster! Gonna need lots of donuts to keep up with his little Robin!

I could get hooked on your stories!

Cheers

SAGE

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 3 years ago

What I admire most...is your ability to "gear down" the social level, milieu, and characters. Noble attempt!

Your literacy level leaped back up when they entered the Simmons family acres.

Your understanding of the loggers and Forest Service culture(s) and environment

issues is spot-on...even though understated.

The right ingredients.

Gold Stars for that!

One "fixie"....Wrong guy "left the room." :+))

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story, great writing! A good romance around a real story. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I never did figure out who the third doughnut/pastry was for? One for me. one for you and one for my love.

rawallacerawallacealmost 3 years agoAuthor

Regarding the unanswered question by Anon. Actually, it was answered when Robyn met Val and Wade on the trail. Robyn asked Val if she knew who Wade gave the third donut too and she replied she had seen him put one into the box in the break-room with the others, and no one else specifically. There was no other 'love', only a wish for love. This was satisfied by Robyn,- making the third donut unnecessary. WAS I TOO SUBTLE?

AnAncientAnAncientover 2 years ago

You were way too subtle!

I've learnt a massive amount by looking at your dialogue sequences!

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019over 2 years ago

A thoroughly enjoyable story. Thank you.

Richie4110Richie4110over 2 years ago

Outstanding!

Thanks

Maisy_PMaisy_Pover 1 year ago

This was a beautiful story to read, I felt so engaged with your characters and interested in what would unfold between them. So pleased to have found your wonderful writing!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Dumb bitch Robyn dwsperate for trailer park trash Tim

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The small town gossiping was fucking sickening!!

These small minded bastards would support Tim too when he beat on her because he was one of them!!

Skank Betsey and her aunt telling her mother everything.....bitches know nothing about privacy!!

10 pages later and a shit ending

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The bitch is talking to Valerie ab9ut his previous gfs and his family YET a few pages back they both spoke of their families, she even saw their pics in his home and he mentioned his past gf!!

Does the cunt writer not read!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I don't like those uncertainties in time, trivia and location that are in most literotica stories. You did a lot to prevent most. They have jobs, she knows what education she wants to get and why, its clear where they live. And then you miss out: a chick flick, the newest star wars etc. Do some research and name the films, name books, name the place where his parents live and the reader can dive into the story. Thats the difference between a tale of events that happened, or could have happened and pure fiction.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrawallace@rawallace
UPDATE: It has been a while since I last published a story here. I've returned to the sci-fi genre this time with a short story I hope you will enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments both favorable and not so favorable. I appreciate them all. I enjoy reading a wide variet...

SIMILAR Stories