The Emerald Needle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SBstories
SBstories
259 Followers

Without hesitation or remorse, she threw the fruit of her labor inside the fire. Standing behind her, both Jonathan and Brenda took turns trying to guess what would come out of it. Aware of their pending questions, the matriarch said:

"If everything turns out the way I expect it to, that fake Domme is about to get a message she'll never be able to forget!"

* * *

The smoldering sensation was immediate. Roxanne's hands were becoming red hot now, burning from inside out. She saw the blisters forming, the cracks in her skin opening and the blood boiling underneath. The torment was great yet she didn't shriek for long. Her levels of tolerance to pain weren't that high and her body went into shock. Passing out was the best thing that could have happened to her.

* * *

Three minutes later, Gloria used a poker to remove a mass of molten plastic from the fireplace. It was all that was left of the phone, everything else reduced to ash. Triumphantly, she announced:

"My work is done!"

"I don't get what you did at all, Mother! What was on that piece of paper you wrote?"

"Nothing but the truth, my dear," was her enigmatic response. "I believe that hag will never try to control anyone's mind ever again after what just happened."

"You're really not to going to tell us, Mrs. Higgins?"

"I think I better not. I was cruel after all so I'd rather keep that to myself. Will you let an old woman have her secrets, please?"

"Sure, but I hope one day you feel comfortable enough to share it with us..." Brenda said.

"One never knows. I guess it's time for this to return to its box," Gloria declared as she held the needle one last time.

* * *

Roxanne wasn't sure how long she was unconscious but, upon waking up, she realized she could move her hands once more and that the sizzling burns had disappeared. Only some strange markings remained on both palms, some branding covered in cinder she couldn't quite ascertain. Were those... letters?

Although her mind was hazy, she got up with little effort and washed her hands in the kitchen sink, the cold water cleaning the dirt while calming her at the same time.

This state of tranquility was ephemeral, rapidly fading into nothingness. When she looked down at her hands again, she saw that those signs embedded in her skin were alphabet letters. There was nothing random about their disposition for they formed a sentence comprising six distinct words whose true meaning she never came to understand.

All that can be said is that, as the years went by, the sentence itself would resist any attempt of removal, a permanent warning and threat by an unknown foe. At that moment, she read them out loud for the first of many times and shuddered:

"Nobody fucks with my daughter's heart!"

* * *

Back at the Higgins' house, Brenda and Jonathan were touching one another in the most affectionate of ways, their connection reinforced by one of the strangest reasons imaginable: the hidden magic of an emerald needle.

"I think it's best if I leave you two lovebirds alone, now..." Gloria said, smiling.

"Thank you, mother... for everything!"

"Yes, thank you, Mrs. Higgins. You saved my life!" Jonathan concluded.

"You're both welcome. I'm off to bed, now. Good night!"

As soon as they were left on their own, Jonathan held Brenda in his arms and, for a few moments, they stood there enjoying each other's body warmth in utmost silence.

"What a strange night, huh?" Brenda said.

"Tell me about it! Brenda, I... I wanted to..."

"Shh... I know what you want to say, but please don't. You don't have to apologize. The nightmare's over and that's all that matters. I think it's best if we forget what happened and start things anew, don't you agree?"

"Yes, I do. But there's always one thing I'll keep in mind from now on."

"And what thing is that?" she asked, her lips getting closer and closer to his.

"As long as we're dating, remind me to never upset your mother, okay?"

"I think that's wise under the circumstances..." Brenda concurred and they both shared a laugh.

All love stories usually end up with a kiss. This one was no exception.

SBstories
SBstories
259 Followers
12