All Comments on 'The Emperor and the Temple Ch. 09'

by Christine_Wheelwright

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
Cindy1001Cindy1001over 2 years ago

This one was a bit more difficult to grasp, but I can see you weave the fabric for things to come.

Christine_WheelwrightChristine_Wheelwrightover 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your comment Cindy. I always love to get feedback. It helps me understand what works well and what doesn't. Which parts did you find difficult to grasp? The first part was written in the second person, which is unusual but something I wanted to experiment with. I doubt I will use it again in this story.

MimiRayMimiRayover 2 years ago

I also found the second person difficult to follow at first, but I soon caught on. It's not really a problem, it's an ambitious tale with many characters and plot twists to keep track of. Your chapters are short, but there is much that either happens or is referenced in each one. I like the reveal about Jarvi and Artur ... I will certainly stay tuned!

Christine_WheelwrightChristine_Wheelwrightover 2 years agoAuthor

MimiRay, thanks for your comment. In Chapter 19 of The Priestess and her Boy, Hanja tells Ashala that her brothers "renounced the faith" and left to seek adventure in lands "far to the east". Artur confirms that he is Hanja's brother (and son of Lady Cillah) when he speaks to the Emperor after the Battle of Teshka (The Emperor and the Temple, Chapter 4). Artur also mentions that his brother has gone missing and refers to him having possibly been abducted from the streets of Ephirum. Bashara, at Ahirik in Chapter 6, refers to the slaver Musa, concerned that he is using exactly this tactic to provide raw material for her male pleasure-slave training stable. She also comments on a resemblance between Javi and Artur, whom she has seen in the Emperor's tent. Meanwhile, Kailyn has noted that Javi appears to be familiar with the book of the Goddess. Do you think the Emperor (with the Serif's help) worked out at least some of this before he removed Javi from Kailyn? I like the idea that Javi, having fled an arranged marriage within the cult of the Goddess (which is little more than a contract of slavery) then found hiself trained at Ahirik and enslaved as a sexual plaything by the Emperor's daughter. Some irony there. Also we now know that Kamhet is in fact the Emperor's son. He is spending some quality time with Artur and Javi's mother, the Lady Cillah (Priestess, Chapter 24) - but more of that later.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous