All Comments on 'The Empty Chair Pt. 03'

by Erringfoil

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
RAAC Alert!

Wimp Out! Wimp Out! AVOID READING if you have a pair, you won't like it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Everything for love huh?

Forgiveness for her sins? And moving forward. But how does he forgive and forget the lies? And the deceit? What stops him from wondering where she is and what she's doing when she's out of his sight? How does he forget the beating? He can enjoy his kids growing up without being married to a woman of her questionable moral character. Lousy ending.

2 stars

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Liked it

I really liked your story, and that was the best of the three chapters. The man loved his wife and I believe she loved him too. Reconciliation was good and held up strong. Bad guy went to prison, so happy ending. Reading so many stories and comments, I know what's coming. Ignore the idiots, listen to constructive criticism and keep writing.

spud25spud25over 4 years ago
Some punctuation would have helped!!!!

The lack of punctuation severely spoiled this story. Please get in right in your next offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
yikes

Just yikes.

xtremeddxtremeddover 4 years ago
Brief but well played, erratic story. Irony is difficult to pull off.

Keep it up if you plan more. Thanks for sharing on Lit. Ignore the anonymous...

x

RTR10RTR10over 4 years ago

Excellent ending....entire story very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WHY DID HIS FRIENDS LEAVE HIM??....

Just a little thing but I couldn't figure out why bot of his guys left him alone and if they went back inside, why didn't they see Alex and his buddies coming out?.maybe I missed it but was Beth fucking Alex during the early days of her marriage?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
He’s a moronic glutton for punishment

The marriage is based on a lie. And it’s never what he thinks. Fuck her, take care of your kids and move. Just hope being raised by a her doesn’t effectively ruin what a honest woman looks like.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Aside from being horrible to read because the dialogue wasn't punctuated, the content of this chapter sucked ass. Could you have made the cuck husband any more of a wimp?

He finds out his marriage is a sham and his wife has been cheating on him for years... yet he forgives her with barely a whimper. I doubt he'd ever trust the whore again.

"What's wrong with you! He was practically screaming at me."

He found out his wife was a deceitful slut? That she only married him to take care of her kids, while fucking the man she really loves on the side! Somehow, the cuck ends up constantly apologizing to the whore, when he quite naturally suspects her of cheating... as she has done for years.

Then you didn't even let the husband get any satisfying revenge against Alex. He throws one punch, which crippled his own hand, then gets beaten unconscious and hospitalised!

A deeply unsatisfying cuckold story.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 4 years ago
Was he retarded?

This guy was painted as being so stupid that he was almost retarded. Almost everything he did he did without engaging his brain. He damn near deserved everything he got. Punching a wall with his hand, attacking a group of 3 males with military experience. What did he expect would happen? As for his cheating, manipulative slut of a wife... even at the end she still couldn't be honest and truthful with him and kept VERY important goings on, from him. Even that she had agreed to meet her old lover. Frankly I would have booted her to touch. (not physically) Even knowing how he felt, how suspicious he was of her, she yet again deceived him. Trying to tell him, after the fact, that he would have overreacted, so she kept the latest attempts to contact her hidden. WTF.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Okay, I thought I saw where someone said this was your first story so I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Then I checked and saw this was actually your second story and you didn't use quotation marks in your first one either, so I gave you 1 star. First, this was almost identical to another story. Plagiarism is never a good thing. Second, your unwillingness to learn from your mistakes in the case of using quotation marks just makes you stupid, and third, breaking the story up into 3, single page chapters was again just stupid.

Like I said, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt when I thought it was your first rodeo. If you want to write, learn to do it properly or don't use up the bandwidth.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Is This Acct Hacked?

First, I don’t think this was even close to RAAC. Yes the wife at 19 years old got into the marriage immaturely, but soon she rectified the situation, with the assistance of her father, and she loved and was true to her husband since. If I ran into an old love I will likely have a dinner or two to reminisce as well. And maybe I’d tell my wife, and maybe I wouldn’t. Doesn’t mean I’m interested in getting things going with the ex, just why get the wife’s danders up for no reason.

Now, as far as this Acct being hacked. I read, “The Diary Of A CH” a while back and I remember that to be well written. I take back my comment to chapter 2 about the quotation marks. They were definitely needed. The grammar was atrocious overall. Whatever editor you used for that last series use them again in the future. The story wasn’t bad, but the writing was.

And I agree with 26thNC. Ignore the anon about the couple staying together. These are ‘men’ whose only life experience is with their hands. Every now and again they have a dramatic breakup with their right hand and start using their left, until they find a reason to breakup with the left and RAAC with their right. They hate themselves for not being able to stay away from the right hand that ‘betrayed’ them. They take out that self-hatred for not being stronger on authors on this site. Just do the same as all the women who come into contact with them. Completely ignore them!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 4 years ago
He badly cut his hand when he smashed a glass. . .

. . . six weeks earlier. We were never told it was broken or anything like that, so how was it still so injured that one punch hurt him that badly? That put the damage into the range of an orthopedic injury, but such was never part of the story.

OK, his wife fell out of love with Alex by the time this story takes place, so reconciliation is possible. You’ve done a decent job writing emotions, but not quite so much on the answers. I get it: his love for his wife was so great that he had to stay with her, and their children, rather than walk away, but that’s something the reader had to infer; it wasn’t really presented explicitly enough.

At this point, a better story would have been the wife’s, not his, going through all of the emotions in finally dumping Alex, with her husband never finding out about it. The readers would score it low, but with your writing style, that’s the one you should have told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Waht was the point, I wonder?

You crafted the character of a very stupid man who was in competition with a very evil one. Not a particularly attractive plot device, but it's yours, so OK, what can I extract from this tale? Hmmmm. That God in some mysterious way protects the stupid from themselves! I got it! There's hope for me, yet!! What an uplifting story! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Let down

I felt let down. Guy goes from feeling so betrayed to instantly feeling the opposite to where he is almost not worthy of her? I am not always a btb vengeful type of guy but she came out way on top after being down right evil. She took advantage of this guy right from the start and used him to be her idea of a husband while giving her love to someone else. She eventually does love the guy but continues to lie.

What about the box in the closet with alex photos, love letter, and ring? I’d have her burn it all while i watched and then i would take the ring and not tell her where i sold it or what i did with the money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"Quote unQuote"

You really should learn how to use quote marks to indicate conversation, otherwise a decent story.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderover 4 years ago
confused

I'm so confused as to what happened after he followed the guy to the bar then punched him. This story just fizzled to an end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Didn't

Even finish it. Writing was horrid. What was it? A challenge to make each "chapter" worse than the last?

breville1breville1over 4 years ago
Difficult to read

At the end of part 2 he confronts her. At the start of part 3, we are told that the what followed was a blur and he runs out. We are never told if she was actually having an affair with Alex or for how long. We can only surmise that something was going on since her return from the spa where she had gone with her friend Susan. Was Susan actually there with her or was she simply a cover for meeting Alex. We are not told whether there might have been other previous incidents that might be questionable in light of her behavior since returning from the spa.

We do know that 6 months after the confrontation, she met Alex with their friends to stop Alex blackmailing her. We are not told when the incriminating pictures were taken, could have been before her marriage or during. But I’m inclined to believe they were during the marriage since she was trying to stop the blackmail. Nevertheless, it is not clear whether she was she having an affair with Alex anytime during their marriage.

Poorly written......

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not bad, at least he stood up for himself

Powersworder, you’re an idiot, did you even read the story? CAN you read?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not bad

Just don’t stop writing you will get better as you go just keep on writing like this and you then understand that respect will not be to far away from your stories ( just keep writing but try not to do this chapter thing) what I do notice is that you are still a “nervous “ writer just stay calm keep writing these sorts of stories and they will as i said respect you ( at the moment they are keeping a close eye on you in case you stray from your path lol )

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
While not a fan of this writing method but this is the presentation chosen by author

To me the events are to pen as coming from his mind. Again the wife is not a good person and she was found out. I have read research 85% of married women are never caught up.. I accept the author's method while hoping this method will not be used again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wished it was longer and had more depth

I enjoyed the premise of the story but felt was rushed.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 4 years ago
So much for her honesty.

She does not get to hide things from him to protect him. Her job is to be 1000% honest. When he called her in the bar "You won't believe what just happened, honey!" should have been the first thing out of her mouth. Followed by a complete explanation of what happened. In fact she should have trusted him enough to have not gone without him. She still lies to him on important issues. So the reconciliation does not hold water.

Also, please learn English. "Then" and "than" are not the same, learn the difference. And that is just a start. Grammar, tense, subject verb agreement and well just about every writing error is in your short piece. Get a native English speaker to edit your work.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
That was interesting.

For once, it was the other guy's military training that played a roll.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Interesting

Looking forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Overall, the story was very good

Having her technically lying to him about the restaurant encounter really pointed out that she still could not be totally honest with him which ended up causing him much pain again that could have been avoided. After healing, that thought would eat him alive (given the character make-up you gave him) and probably destroyed any life they could have had. The last lie of omission damaged a very good story. He still could have carried out the same actions knowing the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
4 stars.

Good story, and I hope to God it is totally fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wonderful

A lovely, heartfelt story. More please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
GET AN EDITOR!!!

Absolutely terrible writing. No communicated ownership of dialog, fragmented thoughts and sentences. Good idea just below average writing. KEEP AT IT!!

Tiger27Tiger27over 4 years ago

There is the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly in the military. I spent 22 years in service and have met my share of each of the above. The military's everywhere are just a microcosm of their society's.

Good story and 4 stars!

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago
Usually...

when I comment I try to look for things like time or date differentials but as this story jumped around that escaped. Where you finally lost me was, he was standing out side the pub with his friend asking him to take him to the hospital, then he is getting the shit beat out of him by three big tough ex Army guys, so badly it put him in the hospital where he wanted to go anyway.

I went to an aquarium once and they had a section where you could walk over a glass walkway over a shark tank. About half way I started jumping from side to side. Someone next to me said, 'What the Hell are you doing?' I looked at him and said, 'Jumping the shark.'

Erringfoil, in this story you tried to jump the shark and got bit.

HikingThruHikingThruover 4 years ago
Details are there, actually...

Wife says she hadn't been with Alex since twins were born. Twins were born four months into marriage. Assuming "been with" meant sex, wife may have cheated while pregnant, so maybe very early in marriage, but not since then. No contact attempted by either one of them, until meeting at spa. Since spa, she said two coffees and one dinner. No kissing, nothing. So yeah, she had a crazy idea when very young, but which man was the true cuckold? Alex loved her so much he agreed to let her have another man, and that man got to marry her and gave her kids. Who's the true cuck? The accident turned things around even more, and Alex ended up losing his girlfriend to the hubby, and getting chased out of town. Alex later ends up in jail too. The Army-trained bullies lose, for once. A normal guy takes on the Army, breaks his hand while honorably defending his family, and actually wins in the end, for once. This story is actually a different twist on the "first love" trope, and yet the standard "extramarital sex = cuck" responses from biased skimmers prevail. Sure the flow could have better, and yes, the lack of punctuation is quite bad, and definitely detracts. The knee-jerk comments detract too. If all stories had to be the same every time, what's the point?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
To just words:

The word is “role”, not “roll”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
There is talent here

Lots of mechanical problems, and this part felt rushed and lacked the depth of the first two. NEVERTHELESS, there is an overall depth of feeling and element of creativity that is lacking in the vast majority of LW stories. I hope this author ignores the overly negative comments and continues to write. He should, however, work on improving the technical aspects of his writing.

jasonnhjasonnhover 4 years ago

He is awfully wimpy. He punches a mirror and messes up his hand. Really? He is constantly running away and getting drunk. He manages to get one good shot against the other guy but wrecks his hand again. Then he gets beat up and the cops and courts need to get even for him. All that was missing was for him to get a bloody nose while tying his shoe strings.

As to the reconciliation, maybe. That feels pretty wimpy too. It seems all after the fact. She has already changed her attitude and has been loyal to him for a while. The kids are his. He can be angry at her old attitude and frankly it was disturbingly mercenary to so completely use him. I'm not sure someone who starts out with such a lousy morals can really be fixed. In that sense, her "reformed" self seems dubious. Can Lex Luthor become a good guy? Would you believe it? But that's what the story asserts. If you accept that, as he does, reconciliation is possible.

If I was him, one thing I would want to get out of counseling is WHY did she change how she feels? That would give an idea of how real and how permanent it is.

As it is, the story leaves me with a wimpy unsettled feeling, like the character in it.

KingBandorKingBandorover 4 years ago
Still confused

First of all, as people have stated, the lack of quotations is not only irritating, it gives the entire story a juvenile feel. Please stop trying to be cute and change the way writing is done. It doesn't work. It works for you, the author, because they are your words. The reader is left to struggle.

Second, many things are unclear. I think I understood the story. From what I read, the wife stopped fucking Alex before they got married. You said that she developed feelings for the hubby and ended the relationship with Alex when she got pregnant. She got pregnant before they married. So, if that is right, she only was with Alex until then and she never cheated. I am not sure if this is right.

Third, the story is called The Empty Chair. It starts with light falling on an empty chair in the hospital. The MC is injured and in the hospital for unknown reasons. He is afraid he lost his wife and daughters due to some action on his part. Yet, in this final part, you never revisit the empty chair. Instead, he wakes up with his wife cuddling him. This was the perfect time to return to the theme of the empty chair.

Overall, this last part was a big let down. The story felt rushed and incomplete.

KB

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
!Best Regard

Loved the story. Conflict, male stupidity, male reconciliation, female stupidity, and reconciliation. Great read which ran a gamut of emotions. Keep it up!

Best Regards, C

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
That worked very well

And it does show very well the psychological trauma that can develop with infidelity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Missed opportunity

I gave it 5: I’m a sucker for a happy ending when it’s appropriate. But I think you should have given a buildup to finding her in his hospital bed. We go through three chapters with suspense about the empty chair only to learn in passing why the chair is empty. I like your spare style of quickly advancing the plot, but sometimes you need to slow the pace to keep us wondering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good - look forward to better

It's always good to read a new author with a little bit of a new prospective. It's fun to speculate about an author's age. I suspect you are relatively young because of the occasional lapses in grammar (although nowhere near as bad as some have written in comments). More serious is the (to me) failure to accurately picture how people interact. At one point she says, "We chatted and the next thing we were on the dancefloor". She was meeting a guy she had sex with many times, plotted to continue the sex after she was married, and had tried to blackmail her. Now your telling me she just casually chats with him and then dances with him. Following that she plans a number of dates with him. That just would not happen. Keep writing - you do have talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Tough story to accept his decession to stay in the marriage

Damed if you do ,Damed if you don't. Can you really forgive her for her deception . But the kids and his love played a role here. Plus the courts would rape him for at least 18 yrs and he would have to leave his life broke . So if you can forgive and forget and make it work all the more power to you. There really is no happy conclusion here. That's life and the world today.

KingBandorKingBandorover 4 years ago
What about the stuff in the closet?

If she was not interested in Alex, why hold onto this stuff. Clearly it had to be from SINCE the spa encounter. Why? alex never proposed before, but here is an engagement ring.

Why would she have accepted the ring in the first place? Unless he mailed all that stuff, he had to give her the box in one of the post SPA meetings. Why accept it? Why keep it?

Seems like a plot hole.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Sweet Jesus, what the fuck was this abortion?

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 4 years ago
Good story

But, I'm a little confused as to the confrontation with Rob in O'Neal's bar did he hit Rob once and then get pulled out there or did he get his clock cleaned and end up in the hospital?

likeboblikebobover 4 years ago

I actually feel bad for the husband.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
fuck an editor

get some fucking balls

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sorry cucks always get one star

she didnt love him, she loved the life he provided, had her lover been willing to provide that life she would have dumped her husband

cucks deserve their pain

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Talk about rambling .....

on and on! This 3 part (which should have been one) story was all over the place. This 3rd part especially was disconnected and didn't make sense half of the time! All the characters had no appeal and I never cared what happened to any of them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fucked up....

...this woman deserves nothing. How could he continue to love a woman who has caused him so much agonizing suffering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really, Alex was bothering her, so she told every BUT her husband?

Sorry, but "Knowing that you would over-react, she reached out to us and asked us for our help." is bullshit. By keeping it quiet and not letting him know was a guarantee that he would over-react.

<P>

Oh, and one more thing: QUOTATION MARKS!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 4 years ago
4

After all they’d been thru she erred in hiding the blackmail... didn’t help their already tenuous situation.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
We have a page and a half story split into three chapters.

That was a mistake. We have dialogue without punctuation. No good. We have a man dragged outside from a bar who somehow winds up on the floor outside after having his ass kicked. We have a repentant wife who promises to be faithful and truthful, immediately lying about an ex lover stalking her. We have a guy who just had his hand treated at the hospital smacking another guy with that sore hand. It never occurred to him to use his other hand or maybe carry a pickaxe handle? When a man and woman manipulate another person that long and to that extent, they should just thank their lucky stars he didn't use that damn pickaxe handle on them, rather than reconciling with the wife who betrayed him his entire married life.

To recap, you screwed the pooch by posting it in three mini-chapters. You screwed every teacher you ever had, as well as the readers, when you ignored punctuation protocol. You gave us a woman who was evil for years and then redeemed her by having her offer an insincere apology. You did manage to acquire quite a few comments, so there's that.

Jamborama2Jamborama2over 4 years ago
Nice Story

I was a bit confused at the end of part two but after re-reading I can understand the reconciliation.

She did cheat at the very beginning of their marriage and was planning to continue until his accident. After that she didn't have a relationship with Alex and didn't see him until the SPA. The SPA interactions brought up her emotions and she chose David over Alex.

She made some stupid decisions to meet with Alex without talking about it with David but the MC states she was trying to get rid of Alex not have a relationship with him.

The bar scene was a bit confusing. It looks like he went in and hit Alex, Rob dragged him out then Rob left him to get his car. That's when Alex and crew jumped him.

When he woke up in the hospital the chair he saw in the corner was empty. It was revealed at the end that the chair was empty because she was in the bed with him.

I enjoyed the story. Please work on getting an editor though.

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
What more could an LW author want, HDK ?

As you say: "You did manage to acquire quite a few comments, so there's that."

55 comments so far. On a ratio of story words expended to comments elicited, ErringFoil's story is a top performer.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
ONE PAGE IN THREE PIECES

Find something else to do!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A decent practice session, . . .

like a music student playing scales or etudes. You have to get all the pieces correct before you can put them together into an intelligent story.

This was a good plot, a really good plot. Take credit for that.

This was sloppy writing, really sloppy writing. Learn from that.

The characters were interesting people, but poorly directed and personified. The main character was weak, dithering, and insubstantial. OK, he was mainly a dumb shit. The only person less intelligent is his semi-wife. Its OK to populate a story with stupid people but the result, obviously, is a fairly stupid story. Stupid people live fucked up lives. Reading about it is like reading about a toddler who is not toilet trained shitting in her pants. We read this story and say to ourselves, yeah, what do you expect?

He could not discern that the woman he married did not really love and respect him. He apparently was clueless as her love and respect evolved, him not noticing any difference in his wife from the selfish shallow slut to the loving caring wife. Sounds like the perfect husband, its all good to him; what's changed?

Then there is the small detail of three chapters for a 1 chapter story. I guess you can lump that into the sloppy writing. I don't have a clue why you thought that was a good idea.

So thanks for the effort, and good luck with future work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another story about wimpy husband....

I was hoping that the end was going to make this silly story worth my time but it did not happen...I think that it could had been a lot better if the writer spent more time refining it to make it more realistic and all in one chapter...

3

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I'll be avoiding the director's cut where you reinsert the scene where hubby just blows Alex and his friends because what's the difference at this point?

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 4 years ago
Contradictions

The main problem with this story is that there are just too many contradictions in the personality and behaviour of the wife. Perhaps she's one of those split personalities.

Zeb_CarterZeb_Carterover 4 years ago
Liked it but...

I really liked this story but, you really need to learn about dialog. Would have given you a 5* but could only bring myself to give you a 3*. Sorry. There is a how to on dialog.

njlaurennjlaurenover 4 years ago
The story idea isn't bad

It is not unique,the marriage of convenience to the nice guy with the bad boy lover who is useless,etc, but still not bad. I think there are the bones for a good story,but the mechanics hurt it.

You need to read other stories and how they show conversation. Conversation goes in quotes if the person is talking (rather than the third person ,like Harry had told her one strike and she is out). Another technique is to seperate the dialog

'how could you betray me? Is that all I was,a convenient stooge?' Harry had to choke this out,he was so angry.

'No, you don't understand! I loved you from the beginning,I foolishly thought I could love and have two men, I was that stupid,but never think I didn't love you deeply. I realized early on I was being foolish,and I committed everything to you.'. She quietly sobbed after saying that,seeing the pain on his face.

The key to a good story is flow, when reading it the reader should feel like they are flowing up down river,not fighting the tide. When a reader has to fill in the blanks because the story is poorly constructed,if they have to figure out who is talking,if they have to take the story apart and put it together to understand it,if they have to go backwards in the story to figure out who someone is,it detracts from the story.

Read guys like QHM1, DQS, and the other top writers (just look at the stories in some of the theme stories blackrandi puts together,the writers in there),will really help. I agree with others,if your whole story is like 6 pages,make it 2 chapters,not three, small chapters make it harder to read,especially if they are unbalanced, where 1 chapter is a page and another 3.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago
Read at Your Own Risk!

A WordSmith Erringfoil is NOT! Punctuation is atrocious, and especially failure to use quotation marks. Grammar are crappie. Logic is absent. Confusion abounds. Real human behavior is rarely observed, bizarre crap rules. Characters are flat.

Stars are 2 because1s don’t count.

Enjoy (if you are a literary masochistic.)

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Nice story... but poorly told.

I don’t mind the RAAC here, as her physical cheating (actual sex, or even “making out”) didn’t happen after marriage. How/why they got together is all fucked up, but there have been far-far-FAR worse unions throughout history. Take arranged marriages for political or economic reasons, for instance. Or shotgun marriages for pregnancies between people who don’t even like each other.

He loved her, and she grew to love him. That’s okay by me.

Should have anniversary dinners at the “Hanging Man Pub” from here on out. They both owe the bartender.

But, boy does the dialogue need work; I mean REALLY work on it. A 4-star story, with a 3-star telling. I guess I’ll round it to a weak 4-stars.

carvohicarvohiover 4 years ago
Hi! I skipped making a comment on part two, but I'm here now.

First again, listen to HDK.

Second, never choose a counselor named Harry.

Three, see number one.

Overall a story worth reading, a five from me.

And last, you got a lot of comments, still, listen to HDK.

Jedd Clampett (carvohi)

KingBandorKingBandorover 4 years ago
Why do so many commenters seem to think

That the author is the main character in stories. These are works of fiction, not letters of confession. Even when the author tries to claim a story is true, I don't believe it. But in stories that are clearly fictional why do people attack the Author for being like the character?

Did Mark Twain actually travel time back to King Arthur's Court? Did Dan Brown actually find the Holy Grail? Was Walt Disney actually a whistling mouse that drives a steamboat? Was Stephen King actually a gutter dwelling clown?

KB

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
NICE.

I QUITE ENJOYED THE OVERALL STORY, COULD PROBABLY HAVE BENEFITED WITH SOME CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, YES MISTAKES WERE APPARENT BUT IVE SEEN FAR WORSE ON THIS SITE, I DEFINITELY THINK YOU HAVE POTENTIAL TO BECOME A VERY GOOD STORYTELLER, 4⭐️ STORY BUT TO COVER FOR THE WANKERS THAT UNJUSTLY UNDERSCORE IVE BUMPED IT UP TO A 5⭐️, please keep writing, Thanks P.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This type of shit happens often . The first love staying in the pic part. I as a man would have s hard time being away from my children if they were young but I could never stay married to this one . They never said how long they were married or how old the kids were. I’d have hit her with the secret pics, the ring at least for an answer and the letter. They would all have been tossed and anything else she was hiding. So that last time she lied again , she can’t be trusted . She lies so easy he could never believe her. On top of them setting him up with the marriage only to cheat behind his back for a long time would be enough for me but the sneaking around with him , the lies to keep it a secret are as bad as the fucking. On top of all that he gets pummeled and hospitalized by him and his friends. I guess some would stick around for the kids but I don’t think I could , I would never trust her ever again and that’s a real terrible way to live

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
*

unreadable

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wrong

Wrong end,should have dumped the slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
plots are very good

for all of your stories on here. The problem is that the lack depth. After the climax, there is not enough left of the story to provide a good resolution. Consider having the wife share things from her pov and try to add more substance after the climax

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Deja vu all over again is right.

This story has an unusual plot line that is eerily similar to a story submitted several years ago. In that story, the young teen couple, 'soul mates', again differ in their desire for a family. She wants kids and he doesn't. Their solution is a surrogate husband for her, to provide the children, while they will continue on with their relationship unbeknownst to the husband. In that story, as I recall, the couple actually consider several different males for the 'husband' before deciding on the suitable one. In this story, the selection of the husband apparently is at random. Both stories had the couple continue with their relationship while she is married, but the wife eventually realizes that she has grown to love her surrogate husband and family over her 'soul mate'. Husband finds out about wife's affair, trouble ensues, confrontations abound, old boyfriend turns out to be a total jerk, wife professes her undying love for husband and family, eventual reconciliation, happily ever after.

Total coincidence?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Unless I missed it...

...all of this began with little to no evidence and a whole lot of suspicion. Sadly, he guessed right. That's a poor, poor excuse for a wife to start with, but an interesting growth if it is to be believed. It's tough to accept that she could evolve that much, but this is fiction after all and the story was fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What would your life be.......

Well, the only way to be out of the kids lives would be if you didn’t see them. As for the cunt, well life would be better. But, since you seem to enjoy hanging on to shit.....don’t complain about the smell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
AhhhHAH! The "Stupid Man" plot device trick!

This story got me wondering: How about a LW contest to see who could write a story in which the male figure is as stupid as a box of rocks for as much of the story as possible. I mean so stupid that in the last paragraph the cheating wife, now repentant, would kiss her Pet Rock and ask of he'd mind sleeping on the shelf in the bedroom with a tiny spot light shining on him so she could show her Pet to her friends. A new hobby perhaps? Oh, yes!! He has to get knee-walking drunk whenever anything happens that would usually require cogent or careful thought! And don't forget to add the phenomena of him being unable to speak at all whenever it was most required!

eh9198eh9198about 4 years ago
Great story, but one question remains...

...was Chloe complicit in all of this? Why was Rob so quick to defend Beth and not his friend? How long had they known he was living a lie?

skruff101skruff101almost 4 years ago

Nearly every author on this site in at least one story has a character trying to convince the MC to stay by posing the same question ‘would you be happier with or without your partner’ I would think the appropriate question should be would you be more miserable with or without the partner.

Still if they posed my question we wouldn’t have all these wonderful marriages made in heaven.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

He said a number of times that the issue was trust. If she was prepared to do anything to fix their marriage, why didn’t she confide in him, about Alex’ call? It didn’t need to be Rob & Chloe with her. Her husband could have gone with her, keeping everything clear and demonstrating her intentions.

COYSCOYSalmost 4 years ago
Good story

Putting aside the problems with grammar and quotation marks, this story is very good. The writing is good, emotional, and feels real. She had issues, but she didn’t really cheat during their marriage, so I could see the reconciliation. Thank you

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Cuck story.

Scores 1/5

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Oh glory be! How fucking gay!😉

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great story full of emotion and deep love.

Ignore the miserable BTB brigade who always make shit comments and don't recognise what real love is because they don't have any in their sad lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Is this about a man with no self esteem or respect

You do a good job of portraying a pathetic and insecure man. He is such a wimp and loser that he lets his wife be a slut and he is too weak to do anything. Just another writer emasculating the husband. Ridiculous

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

I do think it was well written, and you wrote a very human husband. Mind you most of those calling him a weak cuck would cry like little girls if their wives had done this and yes, stayed with them. Everyone is a tough pseudo-alpha male on here. Few are anything like that IRL.

Well done story.

AbctoyAbctoyabout 3 years ago
Good read

Technic needs slight buffing and a little deeper dive into creativity but a good story.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Your a cumsucking used condom chewing bitch imeasel. Enjoy being pathetic.😉

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Got to love the shit stained ass lickers who make comments about other comments because they love chuck apologist stories and can't just come out with positive comments about a story they like.

It's okay you second hand gay fuckers. We know you are too scared to suck dick straight up and need a whore's rotten cuny to lick sperm out of.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Technically the MC is the Bull, not the cuck.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Okay, just. Scores 3/5

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 star - violence of any kind is just not acceptable and it always gets a zero.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Good finish. Who knew nixrox was a Quaker?

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Enjoyable story. A bit hard to read without quotation marks though.

It could have been a bit more filled out but all in all pretty decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Violence will always be first up. Look at history from the vary beginning. you made him a little to wimpy. Love and War, what we do best. We are probably the most fucked up race of humans in the universe. White, black, red, yellow, and green, no difference, we just keep killing each other, we did in the beginning, and we'll be doing it in the end, when the powers get tired of us. I thought you made him a little to wimpy, and like most of the commenters, I wouldn't have taken her back. There is no trust there; she'll wait until things calm down, get back to normal, the daughters are distracting him constantly, and she'll be back in bed or against the wall fucking Alex again. No, she is his slut forever, she has told him so, and there is no reason to believe otherwise. Well done. Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I understand that you wrote your stories three years ago, and might not read this, but maybe.

I found your stories and like them a lot. However, it always bothers me when someone posts a story without proper editing. It appears that you either slept through English class or English is your second language. Your word usage is not often correct and many sentences need punctuation to make sense. You were not consistent and some of the later stories seemed to improve, grammatically. I do appreciat your effort. Have a good life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"She was trying to be understanding but I could see just how much she was hurting."

Yes, of course since she cheated she was just a victim. Typical entitled cheater!

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 2 years ago

A guy jumps to wrong conclusions, instigates getting beat up, ends up in the hospital for the second time by his own fault. Not a character one would like to admire or root for.

lover1953lover1953about 2 years ago

That last conclusion is why most cases of infidelity don’t result in divorce.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

I liked the story; throughout this convoluted storyline I was hoping that they would make it after hearing her side of the story. And they did get their happily ever after. 5/5

GoattimeGoattimealmost 2 years ago

Well she didn't have to do much to get out of her entire marriage length cheating. It came across the guy was at fault for his wife's cheating and she was the victim.

Good grief.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous