All Comments on 'The Ending They Needed'

by Griscom

Sort by:
  • 231 Comments (Page 3)
SunnyU2SunnyU2about 1 year ago

I chuckled. Good stuff

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It made me smile. 5*. There is a lot of commenters on this site with no sense of humor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No other author ever needs to write another LW story after this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow. Any cliches missed?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hilarious satire. All angles covered.

mariverzmariverz12 months ago

PERO PORQUE SIGUE VIVA??????

hahahaha

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzy9 months ago

One word…. Hilarious !

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Pretty damn funny.

Just_GymJust_Gym9 months ago

Wait. The ex-Husband agrees to go on a date with his cheating ex-Wife?

What a beta cuck.

(somebody had to say it.)

usaretusaret9 months ago

Nah, too droll.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Brilliant. Ten stars

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft6 months ago

Trite but true. Hilarious — 5*

slowhand21slowhand216 months ago

I think you ticked all the boxes. 🤣🤣🤣

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

.Every clichéd word, phrase,idea, story line,character type and story line used in 90% of these stories.

WELL DONE!

EVERY WRITER IN LW should put this over their desk and work hard to use none of them!!

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594196 months ago

Wow you had me at The Ending

🧠🤯🧟‍♂️

5✨s

CindyTVCindyTV6 months ago

OMG, I couldn't stop laughing! 5 Stars - CindyTV

inka2222inka22225 months ago

WOW. You know what's really amazing (other than the enjoyment that reading this work brings?). The fact that - despite all those things being cliché, they STILL provide for a satisfying story. Everyone (writers or editors or especially commenters) who whine about clichés, seems to forget that most works (including close to 99% of modern movies) are almost literal re-treads of existing works. Lion King, widely beloved by most, was a rip-off of a Japanese cartoon, which was itself a rip-off of Hamlet, which - like MANY of Shakespeare's works!!! - was ripped off from earlier material. Star Wars LITERALLY set out on purpose to implement the archetypical story, while also liberally stealing from Flash Gordon, Kurosawa etc... and yet, they all managed to bring enjoyment to billions of people. So, the question isn't "cliché vs. originality" - it's about quality of writing and morality of the story.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

haha... breathe... cliched stories are ok too.

Bluehorse64Bluehorse645 months ago

Satire, thy name is Griscom.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Read it again. Hilarious stuff. I don’t think you missed a single over used LW trope.

60022Mallard60022Mallard5 months ago

Delete as applicable to write our own LW story!

Brilliant

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

That is perhaps the nicest "fuck you," to an infinite amount of readers that I have ever seen. I would say you missed the reconciliation cliché, but I'll chalk it up to you beginning with coffee and using the ol draw your own conclusion cliché. Well done.

tangledweedtangledweed4 months ago

Griscom is missing an opportunity here; if he made a commercial document template for LW stories, using AI and the options in this story, he could retire to a sailboat in the Caribbean with his harem of barefoot swimsuit models left destitute by the collapse of Sports Illustrated.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A veritable pyramid of clichés. Love it! A double dose of five stars brightly shining.

RodzzzRodzzz4 months ago

Just like a painting, the hardest part is knowing when to end it. Anything beyond that point will only destroy it. - Rodzzz

RodzzzRodzzz4 months ago

A masterstroke, but for the rotting teeth ending.

1_Inquiring_mind1_Inquiring_mind3 months ago

Ah, hyperbole at its best! Too funny.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA2 months ago

it scores well on the humorous scale but not anywhere near your best work, I have probably read 10 or so of your stories and haven't felt they were not finished.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Absolutely hilarious. While your actual stories are much better, this was brilliantly done.

Jalibar62Jalibar62about 1 month ago

I am baffled by the score. Loved it. And of course she has rotted teeth; she's obviously a meth addict too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGriscom@Griscom
Just speaking my truth fictionally while I march to my own kazoo band. For those unhappy with the contents of any story I have submitted, full refunds are available in the lobby after the show. And please note that some of my most enjoyable writing, and some of the stuff tha...