All Comments on 'The Ending They Needed'

by Griscom

Sort by:
  • 231 Comments
lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

This story could be a five, or a one

I could tell you but given your good/middling/poor tesseract of a story I will leave you to guess

appaloosa1453appaloosa1453over 3 years ago

and now for another smug author to mock their readers while jacking off to their own ego

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hilarious

Bravo!

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

Looks like we need some new clichés. All the usual suspects are dead, assumed killed by this story.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Okay, every scenario ever written on this site. So now we should just shut the book and never come back as there is nothing new.

Like others who leave stories hanging in the air you judge people who simply want a quick read that has a beginning, middle and an end. These stories aren't written as great novels or for academics. I see many comments from people who have obviously been treated badly in relationships or divorces who know the stories are fantasies but get satisfaction from cheaters getting what they see as being deserved. I never have a go at any author even when I hate a story. It takes balls to put yourself out there but by the same token I don't think authors should put readers down for asking for a finished story. The only exception is where commentators get personal as I think that is not acceptable. I hope you keep writing, you are obviously very skilled.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Not certain

Not completely certain that I understood all that, but at least it wasn’t a cuckold story. For LW 2020, that’s almost enough to get high scores. Were you dissing BTB stories, or just those who love them? LW seems to be drawing more essays, satirical pieces, and humor recently, but at least they aren’t cuck stories. This one requires some deep cogitation before I can score it. I’ll get back to you after you finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Time Saver

Wow! That saved a lot of time, and pretty much says it all.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Very amusing..

...there are a lot of complaints about endings that seem abrupt to some readers, personally I always think it's the writers stories and should finish where they do. Having said that FTDS did a fantastic job of telling almost different tales by adding high quality endings to many already good stories...so I get it, sort of. I think the above short did just about cover them all and was very funny, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
ridiculous

but what's the matter 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Your Opinion of Your Critics

My, my, my; aren't we contemptuous of our critics now.

vazkor13vazkor13over 3 years ago

short (as ikntendes) but really good and funny :)

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 3 years ago

Ha! Been reading LW stories a while, have you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice!

I like your take on most of the LW scenarios.

It was funny... Good Funny! 5

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

“I know” she said, “I know”. Well stated. I can’t seem to lose this silly little grin. Thanks

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

What can I say?

We love to criticize

but don't love to be criticized.

This short/long story had everything needed.

Though I did miss the Marsian slut ray.

MollydaKatMollydaKatover 3 years ago
Do you feel better now ?

Did that little tantrum hit the spot ?

You showed all those LW readers how smart and obviously superior you are !

Now go rest up and ice that arm down from patting yourself on the shoulder , pour yourself a nice Red wine from the box , and savor that feeling of smugness that you just whipped out on your audience .

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
Weird but good.

Not my style but well written and definitely finished! 2 ** but original and well thought out!

Thank You.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 3 years ago
You are a shorty writer who shouldn’t be allowed to write a grocery list

Never mind a stroke story. Writing sex should be easy; but somehow you managed to ruin it. It’s like you showed up to a party and brought a plate full of dog shit and expected everyone to praise you for your offering.

If this is the best you can do....don’t. Just don’t.

FamilyGuy1963FamilyGuy1963over 3 years ago

Well done.

Witty and concise.

What do I write about in this category now? You've covered all the scenarios that could exist. Damn.

Pay no attention to the "anonymous" comments - the poor souls can't string more than two sentences together and even then misspell the words.

5*****

recass1recass1over 3 years ago
what the heck was that

This makes no sense at all

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Salesman of the Year??

Bet you're one hell of a salesman. Customer asks for something and you tell them to go fuck their self. You seem to have some writing talent but you're posting on a porn site. Get over yourself.

robinhodrobinhodover 3 years ago
Hilarious!

Pretty well the entire Oeuvre of Loving Wives encapsulated.

Thinks: 'I bet this writer knows the word oeuvre. I bet Anon doesn't, and is happy in his (obvious) ignorance.'

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Funny!

I have no idea why but I really liked this. If it were in humor I would have kissed it. I really liked how you had her remind him he missed a line!

cpl8140cpl8140over 3 years ago
Got It All

I think you nailed about 90% of the stories in LW. Thanks for the laughs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hilarious!

I laughed aloud several times while reading this story. I gets a well-deserved 5 from me. The other commenters whining about it are the BTB-loving misogynistic knuckle-draggers you parodied. Take joy in the fact that you made them cry as they hide out in mommy's basement, instead of being able to jerk off their diseased little limp dicks to the disgustingly sexist BTB power-fantasy shit posted in this category.

To the other annony who's trying to use juvenile tactics to manipulate you into not deleting their poorly-educated keyboard spit-up, I think you should leave their comment up -- so future readers can laugh at the half-brained fool who'd type out a vaudeville-style evil laugh. SMH.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Self-impressed

And smarmy., 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

That was funny, but you forgot to mention the Martian slut Ray.

doejohnny64doejohnny64over 3 years ago

Just hilarious. Loved it. 5 stars from me. Would give you more if I could. The only flaw was that you forgot...um...you forgot...oh crap you have it all covered!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not bad

Kinda makes me wanna ask, "You mad, bro?" Frankly, the stuff you make fun of here does get a bit old. But I suspect they aren't that far off from what people in real life say. And that probably gets really old to, say, a judge or marriage counselor after a few years.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

First, don't use a cuckold tag on a revenge story. Every husband who's wife cheats is a cuckold, that doesn't make the story a cuckold story.

/

Kinda funny spinning through all the LW cliche settings, but got old fast when that became the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just what I needed

I liked it, enough said.

lovetopleasewomenlovetopleasewomenover 3 years ago
Yep, that about sums it up....

But it looks like they were so busy with everything else they forgot to DNA the kids.

Great work!

ltpw

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Obviously written as a parody of the genre, also obviously not very well received.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

I like the way you write. This story will piss alot of readers off, but continue to see what you can do and give us something to talk about at the barber shoppe

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

Ah, excellent satire. A thorough roasting of those who do not admire "unfinished" stories. Completely skewered all those nasty folk who write or read stories in which cheaters do not prosper. Sadly, the majority of LW stories remain ungored by your sharp wit. Shall you next turn the poison pen upon them? Oh, I hope so. How entertaining it would be to read the verbal destruction of those authors and readers who create and luxuriate in the foot long dongs, giant tiddies, humiliated husbands with pathetic little weenies, relegated to dining on cream pies and watching the male cattle satisfy the lovely, but neglected wives. Pray continue! Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

No. I did not like this story. There was nothing in it but only anger and hate.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago

Pretentious crap. You are not as clever as you may think. However, I gave you a second star for effort.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 3 years ago

BRILLIANT!

Every single loving wife trope tossed together and blended like a frothy gangbang creampie!

Bloody damn genious. 5 stars and a fave.

HikingThruHikingThruover 3 years ago
Excellent

Your incisive use of satire to get the very people you're lampooning to trigger themselves and self-reveal is mastery on several levels. You even got a few that obviously didn't read it to offer the de rigueur Anony "cuck shit" comment, while leaving 26thNC in abject uncertainty as to what he'd read. Most enjoyable, however, is the luscious irony that many commenters criticized you for being intolerant of criticism. Please continue writing, posting, and poking the hornet's nest.

Rw43Rw43over 3 years ago
Sexy on so many levels! (See, I did it, too)

For an author who can write intellectual dialogue, it is absolutely profane to spend so much time and detail on the vulgar details as you did. Nevertheless, that's what LW is, isn't it?

"How could you not understand that I crave vulgarity sometimes?" Sigh. So we give them what they want, even though it's not what's in our mind or heart. But the implication is that they will get their vulgarity somewhere else, if not from you, because they have "needs".

FWIW, I don't consider your writing to be pretentious. Those babies are real. Not sure how 'firm' they are, though. I've never felt a 'firm' one in my life, once the bra is removed.

RedHectorRedHectorover 3 years ago

What great fun! If only she could be suffering the long term effects of numerous STI's, then this story could really be considered complete.

Thank you.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

A bit over the top?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
👍👍

EXCELLENT story. It encapsulates it all. Covers all reasons, even the ‘grew apart and disinterest accrued’.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Brillant

Yes, just brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Prosaic form of a Chinese menu for a LW revenge/consequences story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That was the most fun I’ve had here in a long time!

A spoof, what LW cliché didn’t you spoof!

OK, maybe a leeeeeettle bit sarcastic, but I found myself chuckling at recognition of every annoying, silly, unlikely dialog carried out in these pages, ad nauseam, I might add for nigh on ten years.

Bravo Grissom! Too bad you don’t submit something more often, but then, one can’t be at all sure that such oversight would be acceptable to the ravening LW crowd.

Best wishes for a prosperous and happy 2020.

shopratshopratover 3 years ago

Nice job! It belongs in LW instead of Humor & Satire by a nose, since since you're poking fun at both us LW readers and the LW authors (yourself included). The outraged reactions are really helping illustrate the strength of your effort! You could do a sequel and incorporate some of the more humorless and less introspective reactions right into the storyline. These people are so clueless they're really funny - they have no sense of humor whatsoever. Thanks and please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Brilliantly hilarious.

The low IQ portion of the commentariat seems not to see the parody.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago

This was a rather clever and interesting effort by the writer to express his frustration at so many comments about finishing the damn story. Many readers may have seen comments on my stories which express the same sentiment. I understand the desire by some readers to learn what happened to the boyfriend, the cheating wife after the divorce, how well the kids loved their father and so many other factoids.

When we accept comments, we expect, or we certainly should expect, some readers will not be happy with the ending. Many reader like the epilogue which wraps up the future of the characters, including kids and grandkids. I have stated before that a short story is a glimpse into time, like a photograph. It does not reveal what happens after it was taken, although the photo could give the viewer an excellent idea A photo of a man accidently stepping on a sleeping lion's balls lets us guess what came next.

Writers stop telling a story when they feel it is finished. In content, it’s always better to leave audiences wanting more than have them wanting less. When people leave an experience wanting more, they remember that experience more powerfully and positively, they talk about it more often with others. I, as well as many others, have discovered unplanned sequels seldom live up to expectation. I enjoyed this little humorous piece and understand, I think, what the writer was trying to convey. I am now leaving you wishing I had written less. Happy New Year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Not sure if it was meant to be amusing, if so you failed. As someone else commented pretentious drivel.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

Your story saddens me. In your prelude your ranted about people saying your stories aren't complete, let me say that some stories can't be completed, that gives the rest of us hackers a chance to write our own ending. The problem with your rant is that you took a few negative comments and took them to heart. What you should have done is used them as a learning tool for your next and your next and so on stories. Good comments boost your ego, bad comments make you either a better writer or a lost cause.

Your attempt at humor turned a positive into a negative for you. You now have four stories and from the looks of this one, you have learned nothing. I will not score this story, sometimes no score is better than a one bomb. When you write number five, please try and first write from the soul, take into consideration what your Beta readers and Editor have to say and write a master piece (short but a master piece). Till your next, good luck.

LVGirlLVGirlover 3 years ago
I’ve Gotta Say

This was hysterical - I was laughing all the way through it. It certainly got a mixed reaction in the comments, though. I guess that says more about LW readers than the story. 5 stars.

tvlg71343tvlg71343over 3 years ago

Definitely better suited for humor category then LW.

"What if you could trust me to cheat on you again? You know you could. Would that count?"

That line actually got me laughing.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

Even though this was only a one-pager, I could not finish this story after the author started writing about a harem.

MormonJackMormonJackover 3 years ago
Brilliant satire of LWs stories

Loved it.

And sometimes the stories are better when less is said. Reminds me of Al Hirschfeld's drawings - only the minimum is drawn.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Air slap?

I assume this was your way of saying, Take your comments and shove them!??

hectarehectareover 3 years ago
Yes!!!

Absolutely perfect!!! You hit every single checkbox item ! 5*. But can I really leave LW behind me? No more btb or agonizing raac? Dunno. Am I addicted?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

That was awesome - BTW you forgot Engineer. According to LW stories, an Engineering degree is a requirement for cuckolding.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

A pretty good sarcastic rant done as a satire. You've read LW enough to know how to satirize; you should have an understanding of what the writers face. Now grow up and move on.

Hooked

Rocket081960Rocket081960over 3 years ago

A waste. I realize what you were trying for, but mostly insulting on many levels.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
Right

I loved t he put down of low IG’s by one responder. ( obviously a superior nitwit) . My IQ is 175 and I still thought it was a total waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What??

Are you making fun of the abyss of pain that the BtB crowd are trapped in? Living a life of anger, unable to escape something in their past, condemned to living and re-living the pain, with only the temporary salve of fantasy retribution to get them through their dark days?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks.

I appreciate your response to all of the self righteous dimwits that lurk on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wow, your egotistical rant at the start just shows you hold readers in contempt. Are you just lazy? Don't actually want to come up with a beginning, middle and end? Lazy writing at its finest. Will never open anything by this wannabe again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stay true to yourself

I enjoy your stories don’t let the libs change you. They all want everyone to get a second chance no matter how bad the reason is. All they have to do say they want a divorce and move on.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago

Believe it or not, HDK has an IQ just north of 220. He thought this story was funny. His brain absorbed the words and translated them into the feeling of mirth. HDK chuckles at those with an IQ of 175, which is well above genius, but well below the number HDK came up with for himself. HDK would shit you not.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

He nailed every single overdone, and then some, literary trope that most writers use.

Everything that lazy writers use because they just cant put in the effort to move beyond them to try something new.

I say "Well fucking done" ole chap!!

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago

I don't get the negative comments.

I'll be laughing into 2022.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Witty stuff of course the author is within the story they write and is omniscient in that context. The reader is outside of that context - and, as you say kinda, can only see what the author lens shows - through the lens of their own POV.. appreciated t

Yep

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Finish the dam story

Maybe we as readers need or want the story to end like we want it too. But we are not the writer.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

I'm grinning ear to ear. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I found it kind of humorous and witty, if corny and canned.

Of course its in the Wrong Category!!, since neither one of them is married, which is perfect.

I realize you would have greatly reduced the dialogue if you had had her commit suicide shortly after the divorce, but its not too late, for that, or AIDS? Just asking.

Hope that helped you get something out of your system. Was it Covid? See, even I could use an editor; do you capitalize c(C)ovid?

Anyway, I thought it was funny. I still gave it a 1 'cause Harry told me to. But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@ohyesssss

Bitch, please. You really think anyone believes you? If your IQ is anywhere near 175, I'll eat my umbrella. You claim you have an IQ of 175 and you think we all don't know you pulled that number straight out of your unwashed asshole? LMAO!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hilarious

And LW deserves every word

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
good,

but so sad.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago
That was hilarious

a tour de force (or farce?) of every cliché to ever drop inot a LW story.

Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well

There can be a fine line between sarcasm and bitterness. Not sure where this is on which is probably why the score is in low 3s. To some this effort was great, to others it's a head scratcher.

I like this author's work, but don't know what to make of this. Maybe take HDK's approach and accept a story is a success by the number of comments? He does know how toss red meat to the commentariat.

nestorb30nestorb30over 3 years ago

Pure genius!!!! Best Loving Wives story on LW! Ignore the haters for they do not comprehend the genius of your brutal yet oh so humorous satire

The ones who will hate it the most are the ones who worship the tropes of the truly mislabeled Loving Wives category

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

You seemed to cover all the bases!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I guess were just to stupid to have an opinion on what a REAL author writes....DUH

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Fucking hilarious! You nailed all of it.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 3 years ago
This is what I get for reading a story while polishing off a 26 of vodka.

I owe the author an apology because I misread the story and in my drunken stupor went off half...well cocked.

Having re-read this story, it is evident the author was parodying the entire genre and the hackneyed writers who literally follow a pattern.

I apologize to the author for my rudeness and thank him for writing a well crafter story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bravo!!

You made your point with style, grace, and humor. I look forward to your furture submissions. Thank you.

looking4itlooking4itover 3 years ago

You seem to have an overly developed sense of your ability to write aa well as how clever you believe yourself to be. You sarcasm seems be fine yet unendearing.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 3 years ago

Love it. So cliché.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The more I read this...

the funnier it gets. Just brilliant. Of course, you left out the "engineer" and the "counselor", and it should have been "secretary, real estate agent,'high powered' lawyer/business woman, or heiress", but trivia aside, this is the best flash I've read in a long time. The score is an indictment of the readers here, not the story. BTW, Whackdoodle shows a lot of character with his apology. Everyone of us has said something sometime that we wish we hadn't. Few have the grace to apologize.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Damn...right there and then she had 40GG boobs that were still firm with no sag on her petite 5'2" body if you know what i mean

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

QUOTE:

ohyessssssabout 21 hours ago

Right

I loved t he put down of low IG’s by one responder. ( obviously a superior nitwit) . My IQ is 175 and I still thought it was a total waste of time.

ENDQUOTE

Abbreviation of IG: immunoglobulin (component of the immune response system)

High IG is a sign of elevated immune response, signifying an elevated antibody level on account of a perceived threat to the body.

Conclusion: Commenter is dying and doesn't have time for this.

tangoperutangoperuover 3 years ago
To mock your readers...

is never ok.

At least show some respect for those who bothered in reading your stories.

GriscomGriscomover 3 years agoAuthor
Clarifications & Responses to the Readership

1) Shout out to @Harddaysknight. Thanks for the multiple comments. I like your stuff. And as to the substance of your point, ditto.

2) To @Just_Words re whether it was a bit over the top: God, I hope so.

3) For the record, I'm not mad or bitter at commenters, although I will admit to having rolled my eyes a few times at some of the feedback. Personally, I giggled quite a bit as I was writing this. If you did not as you were reading it, full refunds are available in the lobby after the show.

4) To Anonymous on 12/31/20, who said, "If you want to be taken seriously don't go after the readers," who said I wanted to be taken seriously? Do you read my stuff?

5) To Anonymous on 12/31/20, who said, "BTW you forgot Engineer. According to LW stories, an Engineering degree is a requirement for cuckolding," thank you. I did miss that one. I regret the oversight.

6) @Whackdoodle, glad you liked it the second time around and while (more) sober, which always makes humor harder.

7) FYI, this story has only been online for just over 40 hours, and there are already more comments on it than are on the first thing I posted nearly two months ago. #winning

8) As for future stories, it is now obvious that anything I write after this point will be measured against the Cliché Scale this story created, so I am sort of hoist with my own petard. I'll take that as a challenge.

Happy New Year.

AEDarrisAEDarrisover 3 years ago
Not sure I could recommend this story

I think the writer is serious about their writing, but I have difficulty relating to the characters. The note at the beginning of the story is confusing for those of us that are new here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Total trash

Total trash

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
smiles - for real (or reel if you gradiated frum public skool)

Love the humor draped in sincerity!

This will show who can take a joke and who believes this shit (like me hahaha)

Harpy New Yeer

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Don’t bother

It’s really not worth your while reading this story. I got bored with it about half way through. You might as well go and have a wank. I think that’s what the writer was doing when it was written. How very clever.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
No, an engineering degree is not required for being cuckolded

Being an IT professional or just-below corporate Vice President or oft-deployed Army Ranger can also be cuckolded.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 3 years ago
I laughed. I cried. Oh, the humanity!

Twenty years of Loving Wives stories in a thousand words. "'Nuff said," as our more expressive commenters like to say. Yes, a towering achievement. A tour de force. A triumph. A masterpiece. Now, can you do it again?

saxman1947saxman1947over 3 years ago
Hemingway used three sentences, but only six words.

For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yep.

Somewhere in there it was nailed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGriscom@Griscom
Just speaking my truth fictionally while I march to my own kazoo band. For those unhappy with the contents of any story I have submitted, full refunds are available in the lobby after the show. And please note that some of my most enjoyable writing, and some of the stuff tha...