The Enigma of Mavis

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I also felt like a great weight had been lifted. The stress had been accumulating ever since I realized I was ostracized, and a new level had been added ever since yesterday, when Mavis first mentioned the word punishment. The actual punishment had acted as a sort of cleansing, wiping away everything that had been bothering me. That's how I felt emotionally. But I was trying to balance that with...

...How I felt down below. Paul's hand and that strap had really done a number on my ass. Sitting right afterwards was just barely possible. I squirmed the whole way, but Mavis chose not to notice.

Twenty minutes later, we were pulling up in front of my place. I thought some words should be spoken, but didn't know what they should be. I was also wondering if this was really it. Was all now forgiven? I'd done well under Paul's punishment, I thought. I sure couldn't think of any reason why Mavis would be unsatisfied with me.

Mavis stopped the car, and turned in her seat to face me. All she did was look at me. She looked me up and down, as if searching for something. I needed her to speak. I needed some sort of context for this whole thing. Finally, she opened her mouth to speak.

"You did so well today" she said. Then Mavis pulled me into a hug, and gave me a real long affectionate hug. It had feeling to it. I breathed in her perfume, hair conditioner and body wash, which made for a pleasant combination. She held me in so close, and then finally pulled back, ending the hug. It seemed reluctant, as if she could have kept hugging me into tomorrow. She looked me up and down one more time and smiled to indicate her pride in me. Then she turned her car back on. I got the hint, and let myself out. I stood there on the sidewalk watching as Mavis drove down and turned the corner. She was gone now.

The rest of the afternoon passed in a blur. I poured myself a stiff drink, which never happened before sunset, changed into something more comfortable, and lounged for the rest of the day. I favored my sides on the couch, as my poor butt couldn't take being sat on for long. I had the TV on, but didn't really watch it. I just stared off into space. That's how I was when my husband came home from work. He asked me how my day was as he went about getting his own drink and relaxing on the couch, but didn't press it when I didn't say much. But then, a few minutes later, my phone beeped with a notification. I looked at it, and saw I had a text. A text from Beverly, next door. She was asking me if I could handle the potato salad for the potluck in two nights.

The potato salad! Potluck! I was in!

Mavis was true to her word. I'd taken my punishment, and was back in the circle. It was like nothing had ever happened. Except, something had happened. I'd wronged Mavis by talking about her behind her back. That was never going to happen. I'd learned my lesson.

I would never need another punishment again for as long as I lived.