All Comments on 'The fall and rise of a marriage'

by wieliczka

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
greenday0418greenday0418over 2 years ago

I'm Brian only I haven't left and if she pushes too much I cut her off at the knees. Unfortunately, her attention span is too short. 5*

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

What a surprise! Welcome back! Please tell me this isn’t a one-off! I love your stories. Real people with real warts and pimples, but still essentially good at heart, searching for a little bit of grace - like Brian and Deb. The Laura and Ken tragedy was predictable, but I guess inevitable in real world terms. A nod to the Darwin Awards, I guess. Thanks for sharing a new story - very good to see you flying your red and white again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Childish

Bh76Bh76over 2 years ago

Well done. One thing to nitpic was the dialogue. It reads oddly when you have them say “our son, so and so.” They know who so and so is.

Get ready to use your delete finger on the forthcoming tidal wave of people who do their own research. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought I would give the story a try because I like a happy ending, but I couldn't get past the pretentious half-page lecture at the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love how you were able to use the pandemic and a persons response to it as "the last straw". It was not just covid or politics at play here. It was for some reason over 30 years of build up that his feeling she directed him and her putting his health and life at risk was just too much. I mean had it been driving while intoxicated again with him in the car it would have been the same result.

This was very telling and very real. My only immediate thought was that hearing all of this come out during their sessions I really wondered how he lasted so long or how she lasted so long I didn't catch that they spoke of this huge issue nor did they try and resolve things many years earlier.

She is written as being the evil one and I will not argue the point. But in her mind if he was so inadequate and at time intolerable why didn't she move out? She was just as angry as he was.

Great read, great story.

I hope others take this for what it is as written and don't go all politics (pro Dem or Pro Republican) and see themselves in this story and reflect on how two people living together at times coexist rather than really live and enjoy each other. Healing is not always easy but it is possible.

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

Nice story but man that wife seems like a major pain. You must have the patience of Job to survive that marriage experience for so many years and not use a bullet, ON HER.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hate being preached too, foolishly I read on . Worst thing you've ever put out.

donner60donner60over 2 years ago

Loved it……thanks…..loved the preface and…… “Karma” is a bitch. Unvaccinated overwhelming a stressed health care system …. Unacceptable

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a cluster of vaccines propaganda when it’s the unvaccinated contamination of the vaccinated 😂😂😂! That is a quote from der fuhrer herr joe demented!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

If Fauci and the Dems are following the science, why are they and tech Dems afraid of debate? Why did the CEO of Pfizer say in public two jabs don't do much but the third jab will make it less likely you are hospitalized and die? Why did Pfizer claim copyright and demand the video be pulled? Why are so many vaccinated getting the Covid? Why are the vaccinated transmitting the Covid? Why did they have to change the definition of vaccine for the sake of the gene therapy jabs? And on and on.

Stop being a sheep.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great preface, lovely story. schwa you’re an idiot

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brian is a jerk. The author really has issues.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 2 years ago

I don't want to start a COVID-discussion here but we have a lot of unvaccinated here in Austria too. Unfortunately politicans are too stupid to say why vaccination is useful.

Vaccination doesn't prevent someone to get COVID, but it reduces the risk of being hospitalized. I have cousins who work in hospital as nurses and tell me 9 out of 10 COVID patients are not vaccinated. If vaccination doesn't help, why aren't there more vaccinated in hospital at a vaccination rate of ~70%?

Oh, I know hundred of thousands of people die because of vaccination (sarcasm). Fortunately non of my vaccinated friends is one of them. However I knew two people dying from covid - both unvaccinated. Stupid statistics.

wieliczkawieliczkaabout 2 years agoAuthor

Well, I did warn the readers that I would remove any comments that were contrary to public health, false,...

Just did it to that Greek guy, Anonymous.

Other than that, I have been really please with the quality of the comments and the maturity of the audience.

Wieliczka

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

Story did a fine job of juxtaposing the state of their relationship with the pandemic. Have to say sometimes it was difficult to understand who was speaking. Had to reread several passages to be sure.

Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

boring confusing messy dnf

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwieliczka@wieliczka
I am married to my first (and only ) wife of 38 years. Only in my extended family, (two continents) has there ever been unfaithfulness. There has been divorces, remarriage, trials and tribulations. Life is messy, I look toward building bridges, not tearing them down. In th...