All Comments on 'The Farm Ch. 07'

by SumacandIvy

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Slowly, so slowly.....

We are made to suffer with Prize and Gordy. You smother us with a hot wet towel of all we do not know yet. You dribble memories and dreams and reality into our parched mouths like bitter tonic. The convoluted telling of the story is excellent as the story itself is just so. If you told it in a typical linear fashion it would not be nearly as powerful.

LaVieErotiqueLaVieErotiqueabout 11 years ago
Wow....again!

I hadn't thought I might be able to feel pity for Gordy, although in your last chapter I did see his vulnerability and yearning; however, you've done it again in your usual sublime style. Are you trying to wrench my heart out?!! The scene where he tried to remove the brace from his dead brother.....my goodness, that got me, it really did and it was so exquisitely observed with your deceptively 'simple' prose. Beautifully written, beautifully paced; essentially, most beautiful. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

nanobotnanobotabout 11 years ago
Well done.

Masterful. Excellent pacing and detail. The depth in each character adds texture and interest to a driving story. Sex? Who cares about sex? This makes one forget such things in pure desire of revelation and closure. What will happen? Will there be redemption?

canndcanndabout 11 years ago

I thought this was an amazing chapter. You seemlessly intertwined these two stories, Prize's being sad, but Gordy's was horrid. The story about his brother was so sad. God, that part where he is trying to remove the braces from his brother in his casket was so damn sad. You really did an amazing job bringing his past to life and letting us see the reason he is the way he is, along with the dichotemy that his life has been. I can see how he took that horrible life and decided he'd never be a victim again, probably torturing those boys who hurt him each time he hurt one the men like Prize. I can't tell if it is too late for him. I think he wants more and Prize has gotten to him in a way no one probably has since his brother died. The one thing I can't see is how he could let that damn doctor in the house after he put him in that place.. I hope his father died painfully. I am hoping that seeing Prize in that shape and caring for himp, as he did for Anthony, might begin to heal his soul. I want to see the man the sweet, loving, brave, loyal and protective boy could have become. There isn't a future for Prize with Rahim. He'd be a dirty little secret. It still has to be seen if Prize can forgive and learn to trust, which I am not sure you could do after what was done to him. And is it too late for Gordy to change?. If he could find that goodness inside of him, then maybe he could heal Prize's broken life too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSumacandIvy@SumacandIvy
Always writing since childhood and looking for a hero to emerge from the dust. A hero in search of saving.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Farm Ch. 06 Previous Part
The Farm Series Info