All Comments on 'The Fearless Husband'

by FreddieTheCamel

Sort by:
  • 92 Comments
servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Outstanding portrait of psychopathic almost schizophrenic dislocation…

5 stars.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 2 years ago

This is the spectacularly world times story by one of the best authors currently in the loving wives genre. Freddie the camel has once again shown us what it is to be Is a good storyteller. The wife in this story is deeply disturbed on many levels and incapable of Amy real human connection

kelchakelchaabout 2 years ago

Superb story. 5*

Surprised by the ending. Was sure, while reading the story, that the hooker would be outed as a Male.

Sociopaths lack empathy, so should the mentally ill be hated? Scary for the next husband, an alpha man who will end up in prison for kiddie porn when he asserts himself just a little too strongly for her tastes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Surely there are, unlike cuckholds who grab on to your pant legs for dear life similar to the way a cockleburr does , real men don’t give a damn about pant legs as long as they’re getting took off of you ! Real men sport real wood too not some weak ass wood like balsa or cork wood no real men sport hardwoods like mahogany ,cherry and oak , and the erection you’d get from these studs will make you appreciate they’re knotty-pine woods as they build you up from the floor up ! Don’t worry they’re also fine finishers too and can strip you , sand you , refinish you and hand wax you to a spit shine with a hand rub that’s smooth and give you a lusty deep shine , slick to the feel . And to keep that luster they’ll come strip you to buff you so you can truly enjoy the hardwood ! Now can anyone but a real man do that ? No they’d probably hang out at the lumberyard manhandling their jackstuds and giving each other headers and cripple studs until you return for them and their loads . Don’t forget to get nailed and screwed while your there !

VickiT375VickiT375about 2 years ago

Self deception is a cheaters hallmark I have encountered so often. The fact that she cannot attribute any failing to herself even when confronted with insurmountable evidence. Thank you this was well written and resonated.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 years ago

Jayzus! What a compellingly rendered portrait. Very ugly indeed. Well done.

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Interesting story. Margot was quite the bitch. Anyone that falsely accuses someone of child abuse needs to burn in hell.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 2 years ago

Thank you for a wonderful, thought provoking story. Well written and well constructed: but that's obvious to all who read it. Thanks again. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

THAT turned into a real powerful little essay about a delusional bitch. Well done!

.

5 *****

jesterhjesterhabout 2 years ago

Wow! Great short story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent story, from beginning to end, and the execution is perfect. Thank you.

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

Just a great insightful story, very well written!

Tiger27Tiger27about 2 years ago

This woman is a sociopath for sure. She'll spend the rest of her life trying to find someone who doesn't exist. She lives in a universe of her own creation, where the truth is not an absolute. Most likely she'll become a cum dump for any lounge lizard who she takes a fancy. But, be totally unaware that she is being used.

Great story!

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 years ago

Excellent characterization of a delusional woman 5 stars

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 2 years ago

Powerful story, make you stop and look inward.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 2 years ago

Feels like chapter one of a longer story.

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

Some people can go on living peacefully even when a mirror is held up to them and the abysses of their empty lives are reflected back to them. You told that in your story exceptionally well! 5*!!!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Pretty obvious to me we were going to find out there was “another woman” somewhere. However, I did NOT see that angle com. Very well done, sir! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, wow, wow. Powerful writing! I can actually see this taking place. So sad but so very original. Not sure I agree it is a LW story but I am very glad I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sociopathic behavior in this story by the wife is truly reflective of so many in our current society.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You are talented. Enough said.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Hmmm. Not sure WHAT I think about the premise, but it’s well written. Powerful

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 2 years ago

5***** Very original with an interesting perspective. Write on!

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 years ago

This was different, creative and entertaining.

You made me interested in the vile creature you created in Margot.

I believe she will alienate her other children as well and probably a lot of her friends soon.

Great story.

BrentJWBrentJWabout 2 years ago

Excellent! Finally, a story in LW that’s not a rework of various cliche’s. Too bad Bruce didn’t have enough balls to stand up to her. This was credible.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 2 years ago

Interesting. She will never be satisfied. Her son will never reconcile. She is an evil creature.

Joeyiluv69Joeyiluv69about 2 years ago

Interesting tale. Great twist. It kind of hit close to home.

lukeshortlukeshortabout 2 years ago

I gave it 5*. I don't "love" the story. The story is about a tragedy and is a little dark. It also is very unique and very well written. It takes talent and imagination to write a story like this. GREAT JOB!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. But it went downhill at the end.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 2 years ago

Ohhh what a bitch!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really outstanding. It also seems true that men are often attracted to women like Margot. Be careful what you wish for . ..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I liked the construction of the story; however, the writer didn't give us much in the way of reasons Margot was like she was? She seemed to want a fearless and successful husband but again all that is portrayed about her is her looks. She certainly didn't have real strength but instead lived that trait through her husband. It is not much of a stretch to brand her weak and a loser.

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

Definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Margot seems to fit the bill.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story, excellent portrayal of a pure cunt. The sad news is I have met many women with similar expectations as this one to lesser degree's so a very believable yarn of fiction here. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! Moving, thought-provoking. Thank you.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

Good one.

I am just disappointed though that the cheater Margot got a good life.

While wrecking other people's lives.

Goes to show that evil does profit in this world.

Now she's looking for another life to destroy.

Thanks FreddietheCamel for sharing this.

Sunshineman2019Sunshineman2019about 2 years ago

Great story. I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Was she a real wife?

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyabout 2 years ago

I don't recall ever reading a story like this. Excellently done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Liked the writing and technique. Hated the content. Too close to reality to be fun entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. There is no such thing as a fearless man. Everyone has fears of some sort. His life partner should be his teammate to face the fears and insecurities together. Margot appears to not be a good teammate. Well written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow.

You can’t judge a book by its cover, as her second husband discovered. Too many guys dig their own grave, marrying a beautiful woman of no character, if we are to go by all the similar stories here.

No wonder he died, with all he had to suppress. That’s a high price to pay, to have a trophy on your arm and good sex when you get home.

Women like this should come with a warning label, lol.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Good story of an unbalanced woman.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

Not bad…

Scores 3/5

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 2 years ago

Once a Narcissist, forever a Narcissist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

And she thought sh was the"salt of the earth" LP

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

reminds me of Bree from desperate housewives

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

mac lapu

she wasnt hiding it though he walked into their marriage knowing her so he did this to himself

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstandingly creative. 5+

BehindbluisBehindbluisabout 2 years ago

And now, every man she finds will always produce that niggling thought in the back of her mind...is he a real man? Is he hiding his real feelings? She won't realize they are all "real men" until she is way too old...

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Great story, and not what I was expecting at all. Margo was without a doubt a real bitch. Faya was the real deal.

robinhodrobinhodabout 2 years ago

Wow! That was DIFFERENT. Loved it. 5 stars all the way.

katibkatibabout 2 years ago

Truly excellent; imaginative; well-edited. One of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
So Was The Second Husband The Asshole She Cheated On The First Husband With?

But the larger question is, how did ANY man find this selfish arrogant condescending bitch worth loving and living with? Either man might as well claim they woke up one morning and discovered they were sleeping with an aardvark; how were they supposed to know?

It seems odd the author is so taken with the concept of how a Real Man is supposed to look, act, appear, as if a real man gives a fuck what people think. Real men care only what people Do, how they Act. That's why a real man would never marry this blatant soulless bitch. They are easier to identify than an aardvark, if you've got the balls and brains to discern. Real men don't fake or fawn over real women, they don't have to, they're not wanted to.

Of course the succubus wife will do just fine. She's rich, attractive, likes to fuck, and has absolutely no morals or inhibitions about pursuing what she wants. And she will now suspect whoever she seduces next will just be faking his masculinity; she's ruined. Perhaps that is the ultimate payback from the dead husband.

Another thoughtful and engaging drama. Thanks for the effort.

jflindersjflindersabout 2 years ago

This is the sort of story that makes a mockery of the Literotica rating system, which under the stars ranges from "hate it" to "love it."

Well, this thought-provoking and well-written story was well enough written to deserve a 5, but it didn'lt particularly fit my mood so I didn't love it. If the rating system is followed, the story should get, at most, a 4. Should this story, far better written than most of what is on this site, be limited to 4 stars because I was looking for something else?

I didn't love it. 5 stars anyway.

RougeHunterRougeHunterabout 2 years ago

Agree with the others;

Good story, unique but sad that Margot got a good life out of her sociopathy.

demanderdemanderabout 2 years ago

Top rung here. Well done. D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Liked it, didn't love it, so a 4 it is. Some of the other commentators felt this way, respecting the story more than loving it. Probably because the main character, Margot, is so unsympathetic. Many characterized her as a sociopath in their comments. Anyway, from my vantage point, I'd like to suggest that her future looks dim. She's good looking, has inherited a profitable business interest (which she might well end up selling for cash), and so will be a good catch. But her unrealistic expectations will make her an easy mark for a male sociopath who can read her. There has to be ONE out there, surely?

QM

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 years ago

Ooooo, this chick is a psycho evil witch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

***** because it was different. Good story for a change. Hope you keep writing. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So many interesting questions left unaddressed; avenues left unexplored. Too bad. 3* for an interesting start.

Flar1958Flar1958about 2 years ago
At sometime

You can't look inside a head! And now THE question

WHAT IS A REAL MAN?

Anwser for everybody it is different!

But in your story something is missing, like the fall out with her oldest son and maybe her other children. Perhaps a new line?

jmmj5jmmj5about 2 years ago

5* all the way.

Since this is in LW, I kept waiting for the twist that Jim had hired the 'hooker' to plant that seed of doubt in Margot's head. Where in actuality Bruce was exactly what she thought, but Faya (paid by Jim) destroyed her view of her late husband. Having expected that twist, but not receiving it, I had to back up and read the section with Faya again.

Very well done. Write another.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeabout 2 years ago

Originally. I gave it 2⭐, because Margot was such a bitch. It was no wonder her ex-husband and eldest son did not want to stay and 'chat' with her. But, after reading some of the thoughtful comments, I had to agree that the story was nicely written. In fact, it is a very original, not a tale one normally finds in the LW category. So I changed my vote to 4⭐.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Did not like it...Loved it top shelf, lovely plot and enjoyed the verbal interaction well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You gave us the inside story and now Margot's unending search begins anew.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I married a Margot (mistake since corrected). She had very definite ideas about what a man was supposed to do, and showing any vulnerability was not a part of it.

patilliepatillieabout 2 years ago

Nice job Freddie, interesting story, very different, and a tad unfulfilling in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written story but wow - dark, IMO

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 2 years ago

Look! A unicorn! An original LW story. It doesn't just turn the tropes upside down, it turns them inside out, then takes a hidden path to a secret gate and shows us something we never expected. Topnotch writing deserves top marks.

jocko_smithjocko_smithalmost 2 years ago

Awesome work. There are some women just like that out there. Five stars since, even though Margot is a self-serving, self-entitled cheater, you did the villain exceptionally well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful writing . Tremendous. TC Ireland.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Sad...

But great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I like how she doesn't learn anything. Like, anything at all, and she repeated the exact same mistake again. Couldn't even clean the headstone! What a bitch.

I normally don't wish for sequels, but I'd like to see her find a REAL man and see how much she likes being married to an abrasive, cheating, selfish alpha dick...

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 2 years ago

Great and sad story. Maybe NAWALT but far too many are. Enough for many to be once bitten twice (or forever) shy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Unfortunately for her, a real man would have the intuition and savvy to see through her deceit and desperation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, horrible woman. But for better or for worse, women look for male strength and emotional endurance in a man. They don't really want to hear a man's fears and insecurities; they want him to soak up theirs and make her feel that everything is going to be OK. If not, I guarantee you, 9 women out of 10 will at least think "Wimp, weakling" and some sizeable percentage will actually say something like, "Don't be such a wimp."

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"Besides, she owed herself the chance to be with a real man for a change.

There had to be one out there, surely?" - God, she just doesn't get it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Boom. Nailed it. Great story. Still a bit scary that the bitch does no self-reflection at all.

Last comment is right, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You wrote well and creatively with good details. A sad story of how one can misjudge someone that they love deeply and taint their memories forever.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

As usual, very well written. But 1 star for the bitchy psychopath suffering almost no retribution (yeah her son is estranged and she got a stern talking to by a prostitute - she doesn't care too much about either one). It may be realistic, but is a depressing ending.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 1 year ago

What an emotional path this took. 5 stars for the writing. She never learned her lesson.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

OMG She sure is going to deserve the life she gets isn't she?

RuttweilerRuttweiler9 months ago
Funny and ironic

She simply cannot see past the delusions required to support the “reality bubble” she needs, and has made. She is still a princess, and needs a handsome prince to demonstrate his worthiness by slaying every dragon in sight. Seamlessly fit into her fairy tale vision and win the fair maiden’s body.

You can’t win her heart, because she can never know the real man next to her. The human man, with dreams and fears. The moment she sees inside the manly man act, your days are numbered.

She never grew up. She’s never needed to. Like a bus, there’ll be a new handsome manly man prince candidate along in a bit.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Never share your weakness to a woman, never cry in front of a woman, never try to change yourself for a woman.

deependerdeepender5 months ago

Laffing out loud. Yet another point of view with entitlement as the object.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

Another selfish Bitch, as in "What can you do for me" good writing.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Holy crap, someone please put the psycho down.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFreddieTheCamel@FreddieTheCamel
I write both professionally and for fun. The stories and essays I post on this site are for fun. I've also taken the first steps to self-publishing under the name Freddie T Camel, although more as an experiment than an ambition. I want to write stories that have emotional res...

SIMILAR Stories