The Final Insult Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ethan..."

"Stating facts, love. What about Evan?"

She closed her eyes and he took her hand. "Until we... I, figure out where my head is, it might be best for him to stay there with the others."

"I'd rather have our son here."

"My thought is that we should spend some time alone together, so to speak, before we add family to it."

"OK. I'll go along with that, but not too long." He ran his hand over her belly and was rewarded with movement. "I don't think I'll ever get tired of feeling that. How long until she comes? You really think it's a girl?"

"I've gotten pretty good at figuring out what's in there. She should make her debut in about a month."

Ethan counted back. "Seems a bit long."

"Made, remember. Not born." Ethan nodded. "And I am commanded to go back when she decides she wants out."

"I know I'd feel better that way."

"And Callum has pledged help to get this place prepared for winter." Ethan's eyes were glinting; he was hiding something. "What?"

"Not yet. I accept your terms." He rose, leaned over, and kissed her.

She smiled. He took her hand as she started to rise. But she then groaned and he caught her as she collapsed. "Anne!" He picked her up and took her into the cabin. Laying her on the bed he listened to her breathing, the beating of her heart. She wasn't warm, so he checked her eyes. Really he had no idea what he was looking for and was now afraid.

Should he go to the McKenna compound; get help? But then she'd be here alone. Carry her? The cart! As he turned from the bed she heaved a big sigh and her eyes fluttered open.

"Anne?"

Another groan. "What happened?"

"God, don't scare me like that." He crushed her to his chest. "Can't breathe." He loosened his grip and took her by her shoulders. "Let me get you some water. Stay there."

She shoved up in the bed, panting a little. He came back with a cup of water. She took it and he pushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Are you alright?"

"Um. Yeah. I think so." She looked around. "Passed out, huh?"

"Looks like. How do you feel?"

"A little tired."

"Alright then. Why don't you get some sleep?"

"Stay with me?"

He slid onto the bed with her and he cradled her to him. She closed her eyes.

Now he started to worry. Was she sick? Was it the virus, after all this time? Was it the baby? Was it the result of her trouble with Erich? Would he lose her, now that it seemed like he might finally have her?

He stayed on high alert, listening to her breathing, her heartbeat, for anything unusual. She was curled up on her side with him behind her, arm around her, face in her hair.

She woke again after an hour. She found her clothing as he went out again to work on that outbuilding. She looked through the food and started setting up the kitchen before starting a meal.

The day was passed pleasantly and they curled up together at night, although neither of them got much sleep. She was uncomfortable this late in her pregnancy and he kept watch over her, for anything that might signal trouble.

Two days later she was outside helping him with some wiring. He looked down from his perch to find her sitting on the ground. He watched as she closed her eyes and put her head between her knees. He could hear her breathing deeply as he scrambled down to her side.

"Feeling faint again?"

"Yes."

"Has this happened before?"

"No."

"Alright then, we're going back." She looked to object. "If nothing else but to get you checked out to make sure everything's OK."

She took a deep breath, let it out. "You're right."

The McKennas were surprised to see both of them back. Eddy caught them outside. "What's going on? Is it time?"

"She's having fainting spells."

"I'll get Beth and Alana."

Ethan took her arm. "I'm not an invalid!"

"No. But you're pregnant and passing out. Humor me."

Huffing, and not looking happy, she allowed him to escort her upstairs. Into Medical, he helped her onto a table. A small furred form ran in, yapping. Ethan picked him up. "Yes, my boy, mama's back." He handed Evan off to his mother as Beth and Alana came in. Both women gave Ethan a quick kiss and hugged Anne. Evan was struggling to reach Anne's breast and she pulled him up, closing her eyes as he took hold and suckled.

"So, Mom, Eddy said you're having fainting spells." Anne nodded. "How many times?"

"Twice", Ethan said.

"How does it happen?"

Ethan started, "The first time..."

"Excuse me, Ethan, but we'd rather hear it from her first."

"We were sitting outside, under a tree, talking. Then I stood up. The next thing I knew I was on the bed."

"How long was she out?"

"Um", he closed his eyes, "a couple of minutes."

"What did you notice, see, smell?"

"She seemed to be breathing OK, a little shallow." They both nodded. "Nothing strange about her heartbeat, she wasn't warm. I checked her eyes; they looked okay but I had no idea what I was doing. Then she sighed and woke up. Since she felt tired I told her to sleep for a bit and she took about an hour nap." Anne shifted Evan to her other breast.

"Sorry, sweetie, I'm drying up on you."

"Anything unusual while she was sleeping?"

"No."

"And, today?"

"I was helping with some wiring outside when the darkness started coming in the outside of my vision. So I sat down and put my head between my knees a bit."

Beth pulled out the stethoscope and listened to Anne's heart and breathing. Alana checked her pulse, her eyes, felt of her belly. The two younger women looked at each other, and Beth nodded to Alana. "Sorry to say, Mom", both she and Ethan looked up, "but you're getting older and you hadn't quite recovered from the boys' birth before you got pregnant again. It's putting more of a strain on your body. It sounds like your blood pressure."

"That's what I figured."

"We should check the baby, too."

"She's been moving around just fine." Anne slid onto her back; Evan had fallen asleep on her chest.

Ethan moved to her side as the examination continued. "How much longer do you think?"

"About 3 or 4 weeks."

"I don't think it's going to be that long."

"Am I dilated?"

"No, but you're thinning."

"Why are they suddenly coming earlier?"

"It could be the change in your physiology. You've been a wolf over 20 years now. And, as much as you may have tried, your musculature isn't the same anymore."

"But then I would expect a gradual shift." She looked over. "Do you think it could be Ethan?"

He glanced at her, a little shocked. "Me?"

The younger women looked at her. "Well, evidence points in that direction."

"So, your recommendation?"

"Bed rest, limited mobility. More salt."

She closed her eyes and nodded. "It'll probably only be another couple weeks."

Ethan rubbed Evan's back, took her hand. "OK, you're staying here until the baby comes." He saw the objection begin. "No arguments!" Her mouth snapped shut.

Ethan picked them up and carried them to her room. She was a little grumpy, but resigned. "Can I walk around if someone's with me? I'm gonna go nuts in here."

"They did say limited mobility, not complete bed rest. You just need to be careful."

She looked at Evan, asleep on her belly, whimpering as his sister kicked him. "What will you do now?"

"I need to get a couple of things done at home, then I'll be back as soon as I can. Maybe 3 or 4 days. I want to be here when the baby's born." He kissed her. "Would you like me to get you anything before I go?"

"Maybe I'll just take a little nap."

"Okay, I'll tell the others." He kissed her again, brushed that unruly strand of hair from her face. "I'll be back soon."

She was regularly shadowed now and grumbled she didn't need babysitters. However, the precautions were well founded as she had another episode three days later. She started to get more pensive as Ethan's absence continued.

He showed up four days after she returned, for a brief visit, then went back again.

She was cranky, tired, sleeping at odd hours.

Ethan returned. "She's in the pool." Valerie called as he entered.

He walked down to the tunnels, toward the pools. Anne's face lit up as he entered. He slid in beside her, sighing as he sank onto the bench. "How are you feeling?"

"Like a small whale. How are things going?"

"I've pretty much got things done so I can stay here now, if you'd like, until the baby comes."

"I'd like that." He kissed her, placed a hand on her thigh.

She put her hand on his and he watched a flush creep up her chest as she pulled his hand between her thighs. "What are you doing?"

She leaned over and nibbled on his ear as she whispered, "You should know that I get moody and tired the closer I get to my due date. I also get very sensitive. Very horny, all the time."

His eyes widened as she stroked him, working on bringing him to hardness. "But we can't.."

Again the seductive whisper in his ear. "No. No intercourse. Not anymore. But we have other ways of pleasing each other for the next 2 or 3 months. Sit here." She indicated the top of the bench. He got out, her warm hands still around him, stroking, squeezing, and she twisted in the seat. He groaned when she sucked his balls into her mouth, her tongue working over his sack. He threw his head back. "Oh, god." She felt him start to tighten up and quickly came up on her knees, taking him into her mouth as she circled the base of his cock with her fingers, cupping his balls with the other hand. His hands were fisted in her hair and he fought to keep from thrusting his hips into her face. She tickled the head with her tongue, then suddenly took as much as she could into her mouth, sucking strongly, and released the base. His eyes practically rolled back in his head as the orgasm slammed through him and his seed pulsed down her throat. She caressed his knot and milked him a little further as he struggled to catch his breath.

After a couple minutes of sucking in air he sat back up to look at her. "God, woman, I didn't even have a chance to appreciate that."

"Sorry, my stamina sucks right now." She was toying with one of her nipples, thank goodness he wasn't going to be able to get hard anytime soon.

He recovered enough to pick her up, easily handling her added weight, and he dipped his head to her nipple. Pulling on it with his teeth, she groaned into the side of his neck. Recognizing her urgent need for release, he laid her beside the pool and buried his face in her dripping pussy. The wetness from the pool was replaced by hers as he licked up her juices. Rubbing his thumb on her clit, he was surprised when she quickly went stiff and shaking.

He picked his head up to look at her as she murmured and dropped into sleep.

He carried her to her bed and covered her, then went to his room to retrieve a pair of pants.

He headed up to the woodworking shop, humming to himself.

Beth wandered by, on the way from the nursery. Hearing noises, she stepped inside. "Eddy? Oh, Ethan. It's you."

"Hi, Beth. Hello, Grant. Yeah, Eddy's not here, haven't seen him since I got back."

"Oh, OK. How's Anne?"

"Sleeping. Just so you know, I'm here until the baby's born."

She smiled. "Good. We checked her again yesterday. Everything looks fine."

"Glad to hear it. Thanks, Beth."

After telling him he may want to sleep elsewhere, Anne invited him into her bed. She was right, on several counts. It smelled as if she was constantly aroused and she rolled around a lot at night, trying to get comfortable. He woke tired in the morning and took to napping himself. He found out about her nest and found her in it periodically. She was tired, grumpy, horny, and ravenous.

Every time he caught her hand moving southward he replaced it with his own. Afterwards she typically fell asleep. One time though he thought she passed out on him again and fretted until she woke.

Fall was approaching and everyone concentrated on getting ready for winter. Alicia had asked Callum to be her mate. Shawna had declared her intentions for Aidan and Sandra for Sean. Jen's preference was also well known. So there would be several mating ceremonies soon. And Valerie and Lea were also expecting, Lea with her first. And so, life continued on for the McKenna pack as the leaves turned color.

The baby's birth was imminent and Ethan was more and more hesitant about touching Anne. Her breasts were already leaking milk. However, when he caught her masturbating in the bed that night, sawing three fingers in and out of her pussy, the sight and her smell persuaded him to take over.

She shrieked, panting, and murmured before dropping into sleep. He curled up beside her, a hand on her belly, and fell asleep himself.

He woke to her calling his name. She was panting, whining, and he smelled blood, along with the other fluids. Startled from sleep, he jumped from the bed and went to her. "She's coming."

He started to rise from his crouch. "I'll get help."

She grabbed his arm in a viselike grip. Through gritted teeth she said, "No. Now. Help me."

Unsure of what to do, he stationed himself between her legs. "Oh my god, is that her head?"

"Yes", she hissed and fell to panting. "Take her." Another push and the head emerged. Fine light hair. "Oh, god, I should..." "STAY!" The shoulders emerged with a bit of a twist and the rest slid out into Ethan's hands as Anne fell back.

He was looking at his daughter, tiny hands and feet waving, fascinated. "Ethan?" He looked up. "Please, give her to me, you have to take care of the cord."

"Oh, um, right." He handed the baby to Anne. She held her upside down and slapped her behind, eliciting a cry. "Good girl." She then laid the baby on her belly.

Ethan tied off the cord and cut it as Anne leaned her head back against the wall, her chest heaving.

"You're bleeding."

She swallowed. "A lot?"

"No."

"That's normal. Could you bring the hide from the crib?" He returned to her side with a soft hide. He checked out his new daughter as Anne rubbed her down and cleaned her off. Ethan looked at tiny fingers, blue eyes, the little nose.

"What's her name?"

"Rose."

Epilogue

The Winters pack was small, at nine members, an offshoot of the McKenna pack with strong ties to them. The Alpha pair, Anne and Ethan, had two children. Beth and Nick had their youngest son with them. The last pair consisted of Beth and Nick's eldest, Emily, and her mate, Lorna Riordan.

The families all lived in the large cabin with its communal kitchen and sitting room. Unlike the McKenna rooms, however, the bedrooms here did not have soundproofing. The cabin was almost completely above ground, again unlike the McKenna facility.

They were in their room, the babies asleep in the crib, Evan curled up with his little sister. The night was cool. The pack was ready for sleep.

Ethan pushed Anne's braid to one side and kissed her neck as she sat on the side of the bed. He put his hands on her shoulders and started to massage her tight shoulder and neck muscles. She murmured pleasantly as his strong, warm hands eased the tension from her muscles. "I'm gonna fall asleep if you keep that up."

"Mmm, I had something else in mind, or are you too tired?"

She leaned back against his chest, looked up at him, and smiled. He took her hair out of the braid and ran his fingers through it, and over her scalp. Her head was turned to his shoulder he started to kiss his way down her neck from her hairline and across her shoulder. One arm had snaked around her waist; his other hand had found a breast. He cupped it, squeezed it lightly. His other hand dropped, lightly stroking across her belly. It wasn't flat yet, but getting closer. The hand dropped lower, fingertips tracing the connection between her leg and body. She shivered under his fingers. Her head had tipped back against his chest and he nibbled on her neck. Setting his teeth against it, over her mating mark, he wished he could cover it with his own.

She opened her eyes, understanding what he was thinking, and smiled. She put an arm over her shoulder and touched his cheek, her other hand's nails running down his thigh.

He settled her on the bed, kissing and touching her. She arched and moaned, stroking him. Raising himself up, he entered her while sucking on a breast. After the second thrust, she stopped him. She took his face in her hands. "Ethan." Breathing deeply, he opened his eyes in confusion. She looked into his eyes and smiled. "Will you be my mate?"

He broke into an enormous smile, wrapped his arms around her tightly and kissed her deeply while still embedded in her. She gasped when he finally came up for air. "There's nothing I'd like more."

"We can do this privately. Of course, it's my second. If you want the traditional ceremony, I'm willing. We could talk to Callum..."

"I'm fine with now, if you are." She smiled at him as he began to move again. After a bit, her head began to arch and he kissed her neck. Her muscles tensed around him as he closed on his own climax. He half shifted and placed his teeth on the side of her neck. She did the same and set her teeth at his shoulder. Her muscles clenched around him as he bit down. His seed pulsed within her, and his knot bulged as she broke the skin on his shoulder with her teeth. They then licked the blood from their lips, raised their heads, and howled.

The children whimpered slightly, then fell back asleep.

Emily and Lorna, twined together, started. Emily kissed Lorna, smiling.

Nick looked at Beth. She grinned at him. "She finally did it."

Winter was on the doorstep, and they were enjoying the last of the warmth, pups outside playing, couples sitting outside together in a glade of leafless trees.

Anne was leaning back against Ethan, nursing their daughter. Ethan had a hand on her hip, the other covering the hand she had on Rose's back. As Rose started to fall asleep, his hand moved to her hair, drawing it to one side and kissing the mark he'd left on her the night before.

Beth snorted. "It's about time."

Anne threw her a dirty look. "Well, it is. Why now?"

Ethan squeezed her tightly. "That's a good question; I'd like to hear the answer myself."

"Do I really have to explain myself?"

Five voices chimed in. "Yes!"

"What is this? A democracy?" The four of them continued to look at her. "Alright. Alright. I looked over at our two beautiful children. I felt warm, comfortable, safe, loved. And I realized that I hadn't been this happy in years. And it's primarily because of Ethan." She tilted her head to look at him and was rewarded with another kiss.

The others smiled and laughed. "If you weren't so stubborn, maybe you would have figured it out sooner." Beth got another dirty look.

Ethan looked at Beth and responded, "I wouldn't change a thing."

FIN

12