All Comments on 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face'

by SisterJezabel

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago
Wonderful story

I really enjoyed your story. Was it set in Australia? Some of the wording lead me to think the UK but your biography says Australia.

5

dwoelfledwoelfleabout 4 years ago
Lovely

Beautiful tale of love and second chances.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
nice!

nice start-need more mabe? LOVE slap hapy papy #9

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 4 years ago
Romance can be wonderful

Fantasy, to be sure, but that's what Literotica is all about and you did a really nice job with this. It's hard to believe a woman with both sex appeal and a sex drive went 12 or 13 years without sex, but this is fantasy. Thanks for a feel-good story. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Best I have read in a while

I really enjoyed this tender story.

Also, it took me back to the first time I saw my wife to be, standing shyly in the corner of a room where a dance was being held.

I love that song and went onto YouTube to hear several singers including Matt Cardle who won a TV show singing The First Time Ever I saw Your Face.

Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Another lovely sweet romance from you.

You are a master (or should that be mistress) of sweet romance.

"The first time ever I saw your face " was written by Ewan MacColl for Peggy Seeger in 1957. It was recorded by Peggy and many others before Roberta Flack's version. Ewan MacColl needs more credit for this wonderful song.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelabout 4 years agoAuthor

Thanks for that Anonymous- I will seek out the Peggy Seeger version and look up Ewan MacColl!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ewan MacColl

Ewan MacColl was Kirsty MacColl's father. He also wrote Dirty Old Town, later covered by the Pogues. The song was written about the city of .... Salford, England

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Having seen Roberta sing

this song in an upstairs cabaret setting on Pennsylvania Avenue (Mr Smiths?) long before it was popular, and having listened to the original recordings cited here, I'll take hers. But then I was with someone to whom, on first sight, I had an instant reaction years earlier.

But the story is worth a comment too. I've enjoyed exploring the writers offerings. Thank you.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 4 years ago

Lovely, romantic story--I thoroughly enjoyed it. Too bad Nick and Sarah didn't get together earlier, but apparently, it was a match made in heaven.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Sarah was emotionally cheating on her husband with Nick, guess that's why she ignored the signs of him being gay

ShelbyNooneShelbyNoone10 months ago

SisterJezable, thank you for reminding me of the song. My wife has stage 4 cancer now, having fought cancer on and off for 39 years. Ours was a First time I saw your face moment. I’m adding the song to my plans for her celebration of life when it, eventually, comes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSisterJezabel@SisterJezabel
Hi everyone! Thanks for dropping by. Did you love Fiction v Reality? It's been extended and is now a full-length novel, available exclusively on Amazon! 6 July- Have you read 'The Eye of the Beholder' yet? It was published last week as part of the Nude Day contest. Don't for...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories