All Comments on 'The Forest Pt. 01'

by thedancingwizard

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Intriguing, well written start . . .

Then yuck. Who wants to read that stuff? Misogyny, not erotica. That's my two cents anyway. You're a decent writer, write something decent.

thedancingwizardthedancingwizardover 5 years agoAuthor
Anonymous

Appreciate the feedback. Glad you think it's well written and like the start. What specifically is "yuck"? And how would you have written it?

PosterImposterPosterImposterover 5 years ago
Yuck explained

The main premise of the story so far has been to depict in detail the painful violation of a woman's body. It's too much like a rape fantasy, reveling in the gratuitous suffering of the victim. I probably shouldn't have said anything though, I'm clearly not your target audience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Interesting start

I wonder if tentacles will have fun with guy, too)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Don't listen to the yucky PC agenda

Bad things happening to women is not necessarily misogyny, especially in erotica. Tentacles porn is usually about the unwilling pleasuring of a bound prey; it's BDSM (albeit without consent) by an uncaring and unfeeling dom that inflicts pleasure, pain and humiliation indiscriminately: it's a raw form of some basic kinks without the roleplay element it has in real life. True, the pain elements are not for the benefit of a sub here because it is unwanted by the prey, it's not about the psychological state of the protagonist and a discovery of the pleasure in the acceptance of pain as a proof of submission; it's horror and so it must be for the pleasure of the reader, which is free to either enjoy it as a sadistic touch from a reader/observer perspective or as a masochistic one through identification with the protagonist and projection of one's own feelings onto her, or to just not really care about it because its fiction and you can skip those lines and indulge the author in his/her kinks or even recognize that it might just be for the sake of a bit or realism because its hard sex. The pain itself, in my opinion, is not gruesome or emphasized to the point where we get into torture/snuff territory, which can blur sadism and hatred. There is nothing here that advocates that women should be made to suffer on the basis of being women, or that the behaviour of the creature is commendable, which would be misogynistic.

Non-human creature breeding porn doesn't victimize women as defined by their gender role or identity or any social conceit about women, which would be misogyny; it uses a female body for a biological purpose, delving into pregnancy (and it's little cousin inflation), birthing and other fetishes that revolve around the idea that not only sex, but creating life itself is arousing. Admittedly, there could be social commentary made with such a trope along the lines of reducing women to the role of mothers, but short of any drastic changes in part two or rewriting, that is not what this story aims to do. You would not say that the aliens from the Alien movie franchise are the product of a deeply misanthropic mind just because they kill people indiscriminately in order to breed: Aliens are a bioweapon, they are horror villains. This is horror porn about subdued preys being used for the reproduction of an uncaring non-human creature and the readers are not even rooting for the people. That might not be to your taste, and that is quite understandable because on the surface level it's messed up, no one in its right mind would want to go through this in real life, but such a story actually appeals to a very primal aspect of human sexuality: getting a woman to make a baby so you can pass down your genes / being choosy in surrendering as a woman to a capable man that can ensure the survival of the baby you are about to make with him so that you can pass down your genes; the age-old tension and conflict of our sexual evolutionary past, when sex was dangerous to women because it wasn't divorced from pregnancy and women had to rely on men to feed, protect and raise their kids.

As far as I can tell, there is no intention on the part of the author beyond writing kinky smut here. There is nothing in the overworld/normal part of the story that hints that the underworld/fantastical part of the story is a representation and exploration or critique of real-life behaviours, events, social phenomena... Furthermore, there is no emphasis put on anything but the kinks themselves that would indicate an intent to give a deeper meaning to what happens in the story. It's an early work, pure fap material, and as such, it should not be policed because its bare of any intended meaning, it's only about arousal and taste.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ignore the idiot

SJWs will try to inject their agenda into any medium they can. The story is fine.

Anyone complaining about 'misogyny' with a story like this needs a serious reality check and a good therapist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
These Arguments Are Bad;

Ugh. These are some crap arguments. The 'SJW' has a point, but also kind of misses the point of erotica. That absolutely does NOT mean that 'Don't listen to the yucky PC agenda' is right, though. If a woman is raped in porn, that woman is victimized. That doesn't mean that erotica that contains rape is without merit.

The point of this kind of erotica isn't to say that a person should act upon their sexual fantasy, but to provide a safe space to explore their fetish without fear of judgement. For heck's sake, fantasies of sexual domination are incredibly common! You aren't going to get rid of them.

That does NOT mean there aren't huge issues with misogyny in porn. If something problematic is repeatedly presented as normal, society (and usually women in particular) suffer as a result. That the above-mentioned post refuses to acknowledge a particular kind of rape (breeding, in this case) as rape (because . . . biology I guess? What?) is part of the problem.

Here's an example of a common issue i find in tentacle erotica: Something tentacle-y happens to a woman. The encounter is quite clearly non-consensual, but by the end the woman enjoys the encounter and acts like it was consensual from the beginning. Unless the author is careful, they can end up implying that this is normal behavior, and that women secretly WANT to be sexually assaulted.

I HOPE I don't need to explain how being hit by this message from a whole bunch of sources, both erotic and non-erotic, is a problem. That's how you get 'Fifty Shades of Grey,' an erotic horror novel pretending it's a sexy romance novel.

Of course there's going to be a gray area, and of course there are ways to do this RIGHT. Some authors will add disclaimers, or provide elements of mind-control, or otherwise suggest that the response to the tentacle attack is not a normal response and that the person attacked did not deserve what happened to them.

Anyways, this story is probably fine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Some clarification on the don't listen to the yucky pc agenda

Hey, yeah, a meaningful argument in a comment section about tentacle porn in erotica! How rare and delightful! I hope you are still monitoring this story's comments, I'll still be until it is properly dead. When I wrote that ''Non-human creature breeding porn doesn't victimize women as defined by their gender role or identity or any social conceit about women'', I did not mean that this kind of porn does not victimize women, of course it does, but it doesn't do it in a misogynistic way, which I equate with attacking women on a social basis as opposed to preying on female bodies. The story was being described as being misogynistic, I argued that it is not. It is a rape, but a non-human rape by an, apparently, non-intelligent creature, and that cannot fit the criteria for misogyny unless there is an effort to portray the events in a way that suggests a parallel with real-world issues, attitudes or behaviours, making the creature a proxy for something else or to suggest that women should be or deserve to be treated this way, which I don't believe is the case here: it's just bold-faced smut about people being preyed upon for reproductive purpose by a non-human creature. I think we are essentially in agreement here and that you just did not read me carefully or charitably enough (yes, I could have been clearer, but I did not expect to need to explicitly state that tentacle rape is still rape when I was addressing whether or not it is misogynistic, it was implicit in this argument, but if you stopped reading comprehensively as soon as you read that ''Non-human creature breeding porn doesn't victimize women'' and just went ''Ugh, this person normalizes a form of rape because, what, biology!?''... that's on you).

thedancingwizardthedancingwizardover 5 years agoAuthor
Jeez

Well, I am glad my story could draw up a pretty intense and in-depth argument/conversation. I can see how some might view this piece of erotica as disgusting or just plain rape, misogynistic etc.

For clarification, it is never meant to demoralise women or anything of the sort. As others have stated, this is in the realms of fetish and more specifically BDSM. Just look at Hentai, as an example. The female in this story, is being pleasured and is too some extent, enjoying the pleasure. Someone else did state, an anonymous, that the pleasure is in the story for the reader. That's why I write this stuff.

I am more than happy for people who don't like the story to comment, any and all feedback is appreciated. I know that I can't please everyone. So if you don't like what I write, you don't have to read it, you don't have to like it.

thedancingwizardthedancingwizardover 5 years agoAuthor
On another note

Been a busy bee, but part two is in the process of being written up, edited and finally publsihed <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
nice story

sheesh... great story. lame person in comments. keep up the good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
To Anon of 12/19/18

Well said!

One of the problems with non con is clearly the potential for it to become normalised. It reminds me of a news article for 1-2 years ago an American university had problems with pathetic frat boys being caught on film chanting .....

“NO MEANS YES....YES MEANS ANAL” so yeah it could be argued that non con/reluctance presents a real risk of people thinking that bullshit is acceptable.

“Rape Fantasies” are common and normal for a lot of people particularly women. It doesn’t mean that women actually want a real rape, what it does mean is they want to explore a fantasy of having no or minimal control over what happens. It might be role playing sex with a stranger or (more likely) a pretend stranger, taboo themes can be very erotic. Preferences will vary wildly and often include aspects of bdsm, although I can’t stress enough that IMHO real bdsm adheres to S-S-C.

The logic behind all of this is that women have been conditioned for (literally) millennia to act as though sex is not something to be enjoyed, don’t believe me? Try looking at the bible and historical sources even now as women are making some progress the conditioning is still there “good girls don’t”, a woman who has sex with several people is a slut whereas a man doing the same is ‘one of the lads’ because for men that’s normal behaviour. A man strays from his marriage vows? Not really his fault he’s a man besides that slut tempted him away, if a married woman strays it’s all her fault what a whore. It’s a stupid bullshit approach and only time is going to change it.

This story however is clearly a fantasy and that’s fine, if reading fantasies wasn’t normal there wouldn’t be a market for it. When a fantasy is far fetched and literally unbelievable go ahead and indulge. The kind of non con that creeps me out is the kind that is easily believable involving things like human trafficking because that shit is real. Fantasies are safe, so chill out and read on.

Tess (UK)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userthedancingwizard@thedancingwizard
Just a small town wizard, living in a lonely world. I took the midnight horse and cart, going anywhere....

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES