All Comments on 'The Forever Man'

by shabbu

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
Gene63Gene63over 6 years ago

Beautiful. This story moved me to tears. The steadfastness and loyalty of Corey to the Forever Man was incredible. Very few young men would be as mature and committed. I loved the transition in Allen from "getting a story" to really caring. Just a beautiful, well written story!!!

DV19DV19over 6 years ago
Wonderful.

Wonderful. A single word, a whole sentence, and completely expressing my feelings and thoughts about 'The Forever Man'.

Thank you. The story moved me to tears and a yearning to have such a commitment in my own life..

Deeply touching, again: Thank You.

DV19

LeannimalLeannimalover 6 years ago
Absolutely Beautiful

Beautifully written and a truly beautiful story, thank you for sharing it!

whiteasianlvrwhiteasianlvrover 6 years ago
Another Amazing Contribution

It's been a long time since I've read one of your stories - too long - as you truly weave something of beauty every time -- making gay love rich and giving rather than tawdry or cheap. Thanks for another wonderful read!

sr71pltsr71pltover 6 years ago
The Legends

Note on the "U.S. and Aussie" legends descriptor for this story coauthored by Sabb (Australia) and sr71plt (U.S.): This story was inspired by two legends, the questioned one from the United States of the roses and bottle of cognac mysteriously left at the grave of Edgar Allan Poe on each of his birthdays since, supposedly, 1949 (the 140th anniversary of his birth--but probably only from the 1970s as a promotion of the cemetery he's buried in) and one manufactured from observations sr71plt made on a visit to Sydney, Australia (near where Sabb was living at the time of the writing of this story) of the mystery of colored chalk renderings of the word "Forever" on Sydney sidewalks. The coauthors wove this new "legend" around those two concepts. An interesting aspect of the Literotica version is that it has posted on January 19th, which coincidentally is Edgar Allan Poe's birthday. So, this story posts as a Valentine tribute to him.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
As a Sydneysider, sr71plt,

I don't recall 'Forever' being written on the footpaths.

Arthur Stace was a reformed alcoholic who became famous (after his discovery) as the "Eternity Man". In perfect copperplate, for many years he wrote 'Eternity' on footpaths all over the Sydney business district.

Lue

sr71pltsr71pltover 6 years ago
Copycat Legender?

"Eternity" would have fit in just as well for this story. What I observed when I was in Sydney quite likely was a copycat sidewalk artist then.

GybbsGybbsover 6 years ago
Speechless...

...but not without tears - repeated tears - tears of pathos, but also tears of joy, even if I have yet to find my own Forever Man. Profound thanks.

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 6 years ago
Gratitude

Thank you for obviously pouring yourself into your story. I was moved by your effort, not to tears, but to envy. Congratulations on an excellent effort.

bigkahoona1bigkahoona1over 6 years ago
Beautiful

What an amazing story. Brought me to tears many times. Thank you so much

Spadger2Spadger2over 6 years ago
Forever=Eternity

This is a long story, but I had to read it through.

Daren was a hypocrite and a disappointment but, hopefully, Allen and Corey had found a connection.

Of course, the author was really telling the story of Arthur Stace - a recovering alcoholic who travelled the streets of Sydney, writing the word word "ETERNITY" in copper-plate letters on the footpaths in chalk.

As a tribute to him, the Sydney Harbour Bridge was lit up with the word "ETERNITY" at the time of the Bicentennary in 1988 - a marvellous tribute.

As members of Prison Fellowship, we help serve free tea and coffee in the lobby of the courthouse each court hearing day, and amongst our handouts there is a pamphlet on the life of Arthur Stace, which, hopefully, will give inspiration to some.

shabbushabbuover 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks to Sydney Readers

Thanks to the Sydney readers for adding rich (and consistent with the story) content to the inspiration foundation of this story that merges and plays with Aussie and U.S. urban legends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More please

Your writing is emotionally powerful and very descriptive. Please do write more to feed us forever!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well done

Much more than a slip of a story this has depth and such emotion. Really enjoyed it thank you.

prosserelizabethprosserelizabethover 6 years ago
Lovely

I both love and hate it when a story makes me cry. Though tis rare one can. This one did. It was beautiful.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
TRADITIONS....PRESERVATION....AND PERSEVERANCE

and the proper people to complete the task, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wonderful

It's got love and loss and beauty, no wonder you won :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You won 1st place for this submission?

Well damnit, you sure as hell deserved it! The ending of this story was perfect, much like the stories from the old days of black & white films. Absolutely beautiful, touching, heartwarming and at the end, a real tear jerker. Thank you for sharing your wonderous creation with us undeserving peons. I can honestly say that my life is a little better having read this piece. Again, I thank you!

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 6 years ago

What a beautiful story and quite perfect for Valentines Day. Thank you for being so sensitive about such a controversial topic. It truly was a beautiful piece. Keep writing!

bk3rdbk3rdabout 6 years ago
Wonderfully beautiful, 5*s of course

1st, since the source for this wonderful story was written by Sabb (Australia) and sr71plt (US) let me thank them for inspiring shabbu.

I don't often (ever?) get emotional over a story but did for this one.

While it was hard keeping track of whose voice (Malcolm, Martel, Forever Man, Cory, Allen) l was reading that did serve to keep me "on my toes" and interested.

Again thanks Sabb, sr71plt, and shabbu.

(PS: is Sabb shabbu?)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
True love can exist.

What an incredibly written story. Thank you for bridging time and showing that true love really can exist between men and across decades.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful Story

While recovering from the loss of my "Forever Man," this story touched my heart and helped let the unshed tears freely flow. Something I've needed.

Thank you.

Jeffe

Starrynight22Starrynight22over 5 years ago

The way this story winds around itself, like some kind of sensuous and beguiling snake, is riveting. I am crying actual tears right now because the ending just brought so many emotions up to the surface.

Thank you for writing it

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Layers upon layers

Great story, like peeling layers of an onion. Good to read some Australian history and introducing young men from Wagga Wagga and Albury, of all places.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Beautiful work.

I hate and adore this story. It destroys me every time I read it. The loneliness that is woven into every word screams at my soul. And it echoes there for days after I finish it. I want to say thank you for writing this, but how do you thank someone for holding a mirror to your so you can see what hurts you the most? It is a truly beautiful work, nonetheless.

DificilDificilover 3 years ago

I wanted something that would do more than just arouse me. That'd make me feel. And you did it @shabbu. Thansk for sharing your work with us here. Loved it all.

RikAlAdRikAlAdalmost 3 years ago

The artful way that this story combines commitment with yearning for commitment, and melds sex and love into a single unit is utterly remarkable. It is an achievement that leaves me breathless with admiration. I have a forever man and we have been dancing together and apart for forty years trying to get it right. I know the kind of bond this story represents so well. Thank you for your gifts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It’s 2:00 am and I am now a blubbering mess after reading this incredible story. I can’t tell you what deep emotions your writing pulled out of me throughout this reading. How beautiful, soulful, poignant and deep is this writing. Lovely. Kudos!!

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

My mum spent her summers in Wagga Wagga as a child, away from home in Manly. To see both mentioned made me smile. The end of this story, however, left me in tears. Beautifully written.

notusuallyshynotusuallyshyover 2 years ago

Beautiful just beautiful, in tears like everyone else. Thank you so much for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderfully done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the most moving stories I have had the privilege to read.

The writing is of such a high order that it drew me in from first word to last and was an emotional experience not just a story.

Thank you Shabbu for creating and sharing this work.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

WOW...just WOW!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous