The Fox And The Owl Ch. 03

Story Info
Kitsune, revealed in her human shape, is attacked.
1k words
4.88
786
2

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 03/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A Snake In The Grass, Chapter 3

Kitsune pats the space on the shawl next to her. The owl has not spoken a word yet, nor has she, she realizes. Keeping her voice soft and low, as non-threatening as she can,

"It's Okay, my handsome owl. Please come. Sit and talk with me. We are kindred souls. Surely you feel that. There are so few of us left. What is your name?"

The owl sits, unmoving, still on his perch and stares wide-eyed back at her. His head turns suddenly and his eyes narrow, peering into the tall grass to her left. He crooks his neck inquisitively. A tuft of feathers perks up.

Kitsune looks over towards the tall grass to her left. She doesn't see anything unusual.

"Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe *this* owl is just an owl. Peculiar behavior for an owl though. To be dropping his kill at my den's entrance. Or maybe it's confused. Or suffering from an illness, or a disease."

Lost in her thoughts, Kitsune abruptly snaps back to reality by a subtle movement in the grass. The tall blades of grass part slowly. A deep crimson forked tongue tests the air.

The sudden flap of wings startles her as she scrambles to her feet. The air shimmers and distorts around her as a melee of wings and twisting scales rises a flurry of debris and dirt! The owl's talons have found their mark on the snake's writhing body. An angry *hiss* and ominous show of fangs appears as the dust cloud begins to settle. The snake coils. Vicious, cold hungry eyes focus on the owl.

Back in her fox form, Kitsune kips softly. The owl appears to be injured. On the ground, one leg raised. Wings extended. Hopping on the other backwards as it puts some distance between itself and the snake. A wave of anger and a strong sense of protectiveness surges through her. Kitsune counterattacks the distracted snake. As if synchronized, the owl drops its ruse, launching into the air just as the snake strikes towards it. Kitsune's powerful jaws snap down on snake's body. Whipping her head violently from side to side, she slams its head repeatedly over, and over, and over again into the ground. The snake, caught off guard, is badly dazed by her vicious counter assault.

Kitsune momentarily releases her bite on the snake; intent on biting it behind the head. In that fraction of a second, the owl lands, sinking its razor-sharp talons in the snake's body. With a deft quick movement of its head, the owl's powerful beak severs the snake's head cleanly. Blood splatters everywhere as the decapitated snake's body reflexively writhes into its death throes. The fight ends as suddenly as it started.

The owl turns toward Kitsune; its wings spread wide. Eyes watching her intensely. The air around the owl suddenly blurs, out of focus. A shimmer of space and time...

A naked man appears before her. An ugly, long scratch beads droplets of blood on his left leg. Now, it's her turn to be caught off-guard and she scrambles aside in her surprise. He smiles warmly then calmly walks over and sits down cross legged on her shawl. Closing his eyes, he takes a deep breath of air in. Letting it out slowly, he opens his eyes, a small smile forming in the corners of his mouth.

"I am Fukurou. And who are you, my beautiful fox?"

* * * * *

In the blink of an eye, Kitsune changes back into her human form. Keenly aware of Fukurou's eyes on her, she walks towards the shawl. She sits down in front of him, their toes almost touching.

"I am Kitsune, a 3 tailed fox, of Japanese lore, soon to become a 9 tailed fox, once I finish my spiritual training."

She replies, looking him deeply in the eyes. My God! His heat, his scent is... so intoxicating.

"Thank you for that. Although I'm more than capable of dealing with a snake on my own."

She nods her toward the snake's decapitated body. Fukurou simply bows his head, remaining respectfully silent. They sit quietly for a few uncomfortable moments.

Kitsune feels the crackling electric field building around them. She blushes slightly and breaks the awkward silence.

"I've heard about you, about the tales of Fukurou. You have had many faces and your feats were celebrated in a 16th century Chinese novel that is also popular in Japan. According to the tales, you know 72 different types of magic and can assume nine thousand forms. You can ride the clouds, fly six thousand miles, see the edges of the universe and hear the faintest sounds."

Now, it's Fukurou's turn to blush. Breaking eye contact briefly, he clears his throat quietly and looks back into her eyes.

"I heard about you as well, Kitsune. Don't believe everything that is written. I've been reincarnated many times and, in this life, so far, I have yet to master those feats of old. In fact, I can only assume about 10 forms. Some, at a great cost of my energy. And you. You can wield magic, correct?"

"Yes, that is true."

She replies, trying to sound humble although quietly proud and thrilled that he has heard of her and knows this about her. The electric energy hums around them.

"What is it about the energies between them? She can feel her soul leaning toward him, or is that her vixen showing her belly? She can barely restrain herself from pouncing on him and biting his neck! Imagine what that will do to this owl! He'd probably take to the air, and she'd never see him again!

She muses internally. Suddenly saddened by that last thought, she drops her mental guard.

"I'm so lonely."

She admits to herself silently.

"If he would just hold my hand ..."

To her surprise, Fukurou gently takes her hand in his. It's as if he can hear her thoughts. Can feel her desires.

"Yes, I can. And I can feel them too."

Kitsune searches his eyes. Amazed by his words and by the energy shared between the two of them. She becomes aware of her strong desire for him, how she throbs deep in her core, how wet she is. She looks down briefly. Sees his arousal, his tumescent manhood. His hand gently lifts her chin.

"I want you too."

** * ** * ** * **

Thank you for reading! Your feedback is what inspires me to keep writing.