The Fox And The Owl Ch. 05

Story Info
Fukurou recovers from his wound.
1.1k words
4.75
747
0

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 03/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 5: The Consequences Of Flying By Candlelight

"Fukurou??"

Kitsune calls a bit louder. His body is warm and flush yet solidly unresponsive. It's then that she remembers the ugly scratch on his leg after the skirmish with the snake. The wound appeared to be just superficial at the time and he seemed to shrug it off casually.

Another thought nags at her. Shapeshifting is energy expensive, especially when one shifts into a form that they have yet to master.

She turns towards him. His cock slips out of her, sending delicious tremors of pleasure through her body. Still, he doesn't stir. Now concerned and a plum pit of anxiety forming in her throat, she calls his name loudly.

"Fukurou!? Please wake up."

Nothing. She shakes him gently by the shoulders, calling his name repeatedly.

Still nothing. His breathing is deep and normal. His pulse seems to be normal. He's slightly flushed, a sheen of perspiration mists his skin. Clearly he's exhausted and in an immensely deep slumber.

Kitsune, growing more alarmed and concerned, takes three deep breaths. She must not panic.

"He's exhausted by today's events. He needs to rest. That's all."

She tells herself. Yet, her first thought of the scratch continues to nag at her mind. She gently rolls him over and inspects his left leg. The scratch is an angry red, inflamed and puffy gash. Red streaks lace into his skin on its edges. Parts of it have white pus seeping out and there is a mild putrid smell wafting from the wound.

The snake's fangs grazed him during the fight and leeched some of its venom into the wound. Somehow, his body has fought it off but his energy expenditures have left him vulnerable to the residual traces of venom.

A hot tear slides from the corner of Kitsune's eye. He admittedly told her that he's not the Fukurou of legends. He is also much younger than she is. His body is immensely strong for his age but she also knows that the shape of another predator, especially one with the gift of flight, requires a lot of energy. That's why he hunts so often.

Shape shifters, especially males, require the constant intake of calories and fluids. Failure to balance the energy costs can have dire consequences. She knows this all too well from her own experience.

The combination of the skirmish, being wounded, shapeshifting into an unfamiliar form and their lovemaking have pushed her newly found lover's balance into the negative. She will not lose another lover like this! Not so soon after her long search for such a potential partner as Fukurou.

Kitsune wipes a tear sliding down her cheek with an angry motion.

"That damn snake!!"

She hurries from the bed and to her apothecary chest. She searches the small drawers with sure efficient motions.

"Yes!!"

Kitsune smiles. She has exactly what she needs!

* ** * ** * ** * ** *

Kitsune lifts Fukurou's head and wedges a couple pillows underneath his shoulders and head. Propped in a more inclined position, she ladles a spoonful of the bitter yet savory broth to his lips. Carefully, she feeds the potent broth into his mouth. He swallows the broth reflexively. Spoon after spoon, she administers the remaining broth. Once the small bowl is empty, she checks him again.

His forehead is hot. Perspiration beads and slowly slides off. His eyes shift beneath his eyelids and every now and then he flinches. His body is fighting the snake's venom nicely although he remains in a deep slumber. In a few hours, Kitsune will need to administer more of her bitter, savory herb broth. For now, she must check his wound and apply more of the poultice if necessary.

* ** * ** * ** * ** *

The high pitch of the kettle wakes Kitsune. Hot water sputters from its spout as it boils over. She manages to lift the kettle from the fire with a towel even though she is weary-eyed and groggy still from her sleep. She stretches and shakes the remnants of slumber from her body.

She pours the hot water into a small bowl and flips the hourglass timer for another brew of the herbs. Once the herbs have brewed, she will combine the tea with the savory broth, then slowly, carefully feed her sickened lover.

While she waits, she recalls how he was several hours ago.

Fukurou had finally awakened from his deep slumber several hours ago. His body, weakened from the venom, still needs additional rest. He called to her in a whisper and his glazed, weary eyes smiled into hers.

"Rest, my lover."

Kitsune gently chided him when he tried to rise. He slumped back into the bed and squeezed her hand weakly. She fed him more of the herbs and broth before he slipped back to sleep. As he slept, she bathed his body with a damp cloth and cool clean water.

"MY GOD!! His body is chiseled like that of a marble Greek male statute of old. How she will worship his body with her lips, tongue, fingers and hands!!"

Her cheeks warm at her thoughts. As she finishes bathing him, a delicious sensation trickles across her skin and her body trembles slightly.

"Mmm hmmm..."

She towels his nude body dry, then picks up the cloth, towel and bowl of remaining water and sets everything on the curio.

While she tidies up, her recollection of her tawdry memories and her thoughts begin to rouse her core. She feels herself growing warm and wet. A splash of pleasure rolls through her. Closing her eyes, she recalls their primal coupling. Her hands move instinctively across her body. She gropes her breasts, pinching and pulling on her puckering nipples. Her right hand slides downwards while her left fingers continue to pinch and puck her stiffened nipples. Her body shudders and a soft throaty groan escapes her lips.

Kitsune opens her eyes just in time as the last sands of the timer fall. A quiet sigh escapes her lips. Stepping to the table, she strains the herbs, then ladles the savory broth into a small bowl. Turn towards the bed...

"OH my god!"

She jumps in surprise, spilling a bit of the warm broth on her hands. Fukurou is sitting up in bed, watching her, with a small smile on his face.

* * * * *

Thank you for reading! Your feedback is what inspires me to keep writing.

Please press the "Comment" and/or the "Rate (this writing)" buttons. If you have a suggestion, idea and/or a request for a future writing by me, send me a DM.