The French Exit

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'No, nope. Please feel free to encourage both to throw a punch.'

'Funny. Whilst I don't have any love for my husband, I don't want to see you kill him. Oh, wow. Ali had told me that you boxed but not the level. You must've been good.'

'I enjoyed it, it's good exercise and I've been boxing since I was little.'

'Because of your size.'

Sal nodded. He'd started boxing to deter the bullies and it had worked, but he'd got so much more from the sport than just the ability to outpunch the taller boys, and at his size most of the boys were taller. He'd got the discipline and the fitness. He'd never smoked, drinking heavily didn't particularly appeal to him. No, boxing kept him on the straight and narrow and being able to look after himself had helped on more than one occasion.

The fact that he looked ripped was a bonus. Boxing wasn't just about hitting the other guy hard. There was an element of strut in the ring, a pose, a walk. He took pride in how he looked. He couldn't choose how tall he was but he could choose that his body was lean, muscular, and well defined. He was well groomed and he enjoyed wearing clothes that looked good. He didn't have the height, but he had the presence and he did his best to live up to it.

'It keeps me in shape, gives me discipline and I can look after myself. I'm a fan of it.'

'I'd love to watch you box.'

Sal looked at her sadly. 'Lucienne, I like a lot about you. Honestly, I do. But let's be honest our relationship isn't likely to survive the next few weeks at all.'

'Honey, I'm not Donald. I don't have to be your enemy.'

'No, but you're married to him.'

'Right here, right now, yes, I'm married to him.'

'I'm not going to break up your marriage.'

'I wish you would.'

'Because it'd let you off? No thanks. You want out, you have to do it yourself, for yourself. You have to own it.'

'Things have changed this week.'

'I've got my own problems, Lucienne. My own problems. Not ones caused by me, but my wife. My life is going through a painful, challenging time. I can't be there for you; I haven't got the strength. It's all I can do not to beat the life out of you lot.'

Lucienne didn't reply, she looked down at the mud bath she was lying in.

They finished the mud bath and went for a spot of lunch. The conversation between them was quick and easy and both found they enjoyed getting to know the other better. They shared a similar wit and playfulness. Sal's guard was still up but he hadn't spotted her in a lie.

In the afternoon they had a massage first and then met up in the steam room. There were several different steam rooms and saunas fragranced with different scents. They met up in the Spa reception and were shown through into the changing area. Sal stripped out of his trunks, putting them into a locker. He locked it and took a towel in his hands. He turned to see Lucienne stripping.

'Nice.'

She looked up at him and smiled. 'I see you managed to escape.'

He looked down. 'Yeah.'

Lucienne was now naked and she slowly pivoted with her arms raised over her head.

'You like?'

Sal did. He could feel himself respond. Lucienne had a smile on her face.

'Honey, I like that, honesty. Your dick's making its approval clear.'

'I'm sorry.'

'I'm not, I like that response from you. Now let's go enjoy this. But first.' She stopped and paused standing uncomfortably close to him.

'I'd be making a lie of omission if I didn't correct you. The chastity device, the cock cage or whatever you call it, wasn't silly stuff. If you've a Black ring, it's a requirement. The resort makes sure you're wearing it when you check in. I don't want you to walk off, now I finally have you naked.'

'You knew I was wearing it the other day?'

'Yup. It didn't change my impression of you and it still doesn't. I don't think you're a wimp. I think you love your wife and were playing a sex game. She wasn't, but I think you were.'

'She wasn't?'

'No. She knew she had to get you into it before the vacation. It was planned.'

She grabbed Sal's hand and walked him through the door into the stifling atmosphere of the hot steam room.

It took them a few minutes to adjust to the steaming atmosphere and they walked around together exploring the layout. There was an ice-cold plunge pool, a warmer pool that wasn't big enough for proper swimming in but was big enough. Off the swimming pool room were a few different smaller rooms. There were a couple of saunas and a couple of different steam rooms. There was a scattering of other people in the area and he caught the eye of a couple of them and acknowledged them.

They walked into a steam room and sat down. Sal enjoyed watching the way that the moisture ran down Lucienne's body. He found her as beautiful to look at as he enjoyed her company. She was aware of him looking at her body and she spread her legs and leant back ever so slightly so he could get a better view. When he looked up from the view, he saw a faint smile playing across her face.

They moved between the rooms and chatted as they did.

'So where are you with your wife?'

Sal thought for a moment.

'I don't know. I believe she's in an adulterous relationship with your husband. I think you know that's the case. The way you spoke of her suggested that you know her reasonably well. You're accepting of them, supporting it even. Facilitating it. Me, I'm in a different place.'

'Honey, you made your views on cheaters very clear. There were a couple of extremely uncomfortable people when you spoke up.'

'I don't care. I wasn't lying. Right now, I don't have any proof she's cheating. I've a strong belief that she is and a real sense of anger at how badly she's treated me so far on this vacation.'

'What're you going to do?'

'Get proof. I owe it to Alice; we've been married ten years. She deserves the benefit of the doubt. For me, right now, she's been inconsiderate and incredibly disloyal. Our marriage is in trouble. If she's cheating, that's a different game. If they decide to stop what they're doing, sooner or later I'll prove it. Now I've started looking, it won't be too difficult to get proof.'

He knew he was lying to her. He had good enough proof for him, but he didn't want to share the existence of the potential story with her. He didn't need proof for a divorce, he had that. He needed proof and evidence for the story he was writing exposing the whole damn place. He tuned back into her words.

'You're confident, Honey. Are you going to hire a private detective or something?'

Sal shrugged, 'Why bother? I'm an investigate journalist, I do this kind of shit day in, day out. I'll investigate it myself. Why waste money?'

'Do you think they'll try to hide it?'

'I think, if they've got half a brain cell between them, they'll be on their best fucking behaviour ever. I'm expecting a contrite wife, for the two of them not to see each other for a long time. Perhaps even break it off. That'd be the sensible way for them to play it.'

Lucienne smiled at his words. 'If they've got half a brain cell.'

Sal shrugged. 'I said that. My guess is that they'll think they've got away with it. My unhappiness will pass.'

'And that's how you'll get them? Lull them into a false sense of security and then catch them?'

'Nope. I've got a cunning plan.'

'Care to share?'

'Nope. You didn't help me when you'd the chance, why should I trust you now?'

Lucienne looked shocked and then quite hurt.

'When didn't I help you? When did I betray your trust?'

'The other day, you went back to the restaurant and sat with them. When I came back later you said you'd arrived.'

'Yes, you're right about the timings, you're wrong about what I was doing there. I don't know how much you know.'

Sal looked at her feigning surprise.

'Please Sal, that's not entirely fair, is it? Perhaps it is. Donald and Reuben knew each other from college.'

'Yep, Donald was the head, I don't know the right term for it, of Reuben's little fraternity.'

'You knew?'

'They've got the same fraternity ring. Really, I'm a photographer, I spot details. I told you the other day I knew the two of them were friends. You're telling me what I told you.'

'No, Honey, there's more you didn't. Did you know that Donald and Sarah dated?'

Sal shook his head, 'No, no I didn't.'

'Yep, in college. Sarah was there at the same time as Reuben. Donald was Sarah's boyfriend for a while and when he left college, he handed her off to Reuben.'

'Handed her off to Reuben?'

'Reuben is big time submissive. He gets off on being ordered around and told what to do. What better person to look after Donald's favourite squeeze? Any time Donald wanted her, he'd just kick a delighted Reuben out of bed and take his place. Or as likely, he'd fuck Reuben along with Sarah.'

'I didn't know that about Reuben. Reuben, you naughty little boy.'

'Trust me, Honey, you don't know the half of it. Donald met me and we got married. He calmed down a lot and started to behave for a few years. Then I guess he got bored. Reuben and Sarah had stayed together, just. They got married and were able to make things work between them.'

'You've got to wonder how.'

'I don't know all the details but I think they were getting some strange on the side whilst Donald was focussed on me. When he got bored of married life, he reconnected with them and everything between them went back to how it was.'

'Makes the mind boggle. I'm going to ask, given how honest you've been. What's your involvement in all of this?'

She snorted. 'I'm a schmuck like you. I married Donald thinking I had a great catch. He wanted my family name, ties, and money. I thought he wanted me, I'm not exactly unattractive and I've never struggled with men being interested.' She looked coyly at Sal, 'Well, not until this week.'

Sal laughed. 'Oh, I'm interested. Don't think I'm not, I think you're absolute treasure. But there's no way in hell I'm going to have anything to do with you. Not right now.'

'Can I ask why?'

'Cheaters are scum. I said it the other day. I don't want to be that person, I want to be better than them, not sink to their level as soon as the first attractive woman shows some interest in me.'

'The first?'

'I'm a short guy, I'm only five foot four. I don't get a lot of admiring second glances.'

'Good. Keep it that way and we'll get on. Your height isn't a problem for me whatsoever. I think you're a total catch. Just so you know, remember I'm being honest here. I've never, never cheated on my husband.'

Sal raised an eyebrow.

'No games, Sal. I've not done anything remotely sexual with a man or a woman since I've been married to Donald. He's made it clear he'd love to see me with Sarah. Didn't you see his face when I suggested that an open marriage could work?'

Sal laughed again. 'I did and Alice's too. They didn't like that idea one little bit. So, you've never played with anyone else.'

'Never wanted to, Hon. At first, I was happy with Donald, very happy. I had the life I wanted, a good looking, clever, successful hunk of a man. Why would I want anything else? Then I eventually realised he was cheating on me and I had a choice. Divorce and lose it all or turn a blind eye. I chose to turn a blind eye and that worked for a long time.'

She took a drink from her water bottle and the two of them walked into the pool area and sat on chairs to give themselves a chance to cool down a touch.

'Eventually he told me and we had a chat. He admitted he was weak and saw Sarah on the side. I met them, Sarah, and Reuben but I didn't particularly like them. Sarah was clearly jealous of me and Reuben, he wanted me but he knew that Donald would never go for it. It was a bit creepy. A weird dynamic.'

'So where does Alice fit into this?'

'Your wife is close to her sister and one day they were talking and your sister-in-law shared with your wife how good her marriage was. How the freedom to play around made it good. I think Alice was shocked, but over time they exposed her to more and more of it. Finally, they introduced her to Donald.'

'Donald is an experienced seducer and he was able to entice her into trying him out.'

'Trying him out?'

'Donald is a big man. A big man.' Lucienne looked knowingly down at Sal's penis.

'What? I've never had a complaint.'

Lucienne smiled at him. 'Honey, you look pretty damn fine to me, but you're not in Donald's league. He's big. I think the chance to try it out, with Sarah in her ear telling her how good he was and how easy it'd be keeping it hidden from you. I think that lovely little blend was too much for her and she gave in.'

'How long have they been together?'

'About a year and a half as far as I know. If it's any consolation, I think this vacation is supposed to be a last hurrah before she gives him up and has a family with you.'

'Fucking nice of her.' Sal cursed.

'That's Alice's side. I think Donald wants her to try and get you to be another Reuben. Happy to let him have her whenever he wants.'

'Ain't going to happen.'

'I think Alice realises that. That was what I told him when I went to the restaurant. I told them that there was no way in hell that you'd go along with his little fantasy. That you were pissed about the holiday and the way she was treating you, but you didn't suspect them cheating. I figured that would throw them off the scent.'

'Then I came in and rattled Donald's cage.'

'Oh, you definitely did. I know him well and you were pushing every button he has. I wasn't surprised he lost his shit and, in the end, let slip what he knew.'

'Thanks for your honesty, Lucienne. I appreciate it, honestly.'

'I'm sorry Sal, I wish I could've had better news for you.'

'No, don't worry. Look, as a return favour I've got some advice for you.'

Lucienne smiled. 'I'll take it.'

'Get a divorce from that sleaze bag. Get a damn divorce and fast. He's changing you from someone good into someone who's happy to tolerate being cheated upon and knowing that he's wrecking other people's marriages. Does that sound like the kind of person you think of yourself as being?'

'I suggest, I really strongly suggest you kick him out as quickly as you can. Get the divorce started and get some counselling to sort yourself out. Find who you are again.'

'Is that what I'd need to do to get a chance with you?' She asked quietly.

'No. This isn't about me. This is what you need to do to sort yourself out, re-find yourself and get your damn dignity and self-respect back. Do that and don't jump into another relationship, don't jump into someone's bed. But become happy with yourself and who you are and be honest about who you are. The rest will follow.'

He could see tears in her eyes. She looked at him through blurry eyes.

'Am I that lost?'

'Nope. You can still find yourself, but if you keep wandering down the path you're on, it's going to be a lot harder and take a damn sight longer. There's someone really special inside you, give her a chance and let her out. But you can't whilst you're with that douche.'

He sat with her for a moment before he reached over and patted her leg.

'I've got a wonderful photograph of you. I took it the other day. I'll be giving you that photograph, OK? You'll be seeing me again. Now, I've gotta go.'

Her head jerked around to look at him. He shook his head. 'You didn't lie. I've gotta go and see a man about a proverbial dog. You take care and think about what I said.'

Chapter Seven

Sal's stomach gave a little flip as the wheels of the plane left the ground and the plane became airborne. He gave himself a smile and breathed deeply. This whole fucking vacation was now starting to fall behind him. He knew the next few days were going to be bloody busy. He needed to move fast, there was a lot to do. But whilst it'd be painful doing it, it needed to be done and once done he could start healing.

Moving quickly, taking steps, would help mask the pain, blot it out for a while longer. Part of him wanted to retreat into a bottle, have a drink and feel sorry for himself. Experience told him that the best way to make the pain go away was to face into it. Work out what to do to make the whole thing end quicker and get on with it. Focus on the here and now and deal with the immediate challenge in front of him. As things moved on, lift your head slightly and over time, plenty of time, things would get better.

The trip with Archie, that had been an evening of adventure. The kind of adventure that he should be old enough not to bloody do. He'd left an upset Lucienne and went to his room. That had been difficult, he found her company compelling. He was even tempted to see if she'd want to go with him, but common sense prevailed. He still wasn't sure where her loyalties lay. He'd called his driver and tidied up his stuff. If the evening went anything like he thought it was going to, he was going to be checking out damn fast.

He picked out his clothes carefully and selected his camera and equipment. He walked through the resort unchallenged and started walking down the road to meet the incoming driver. Whilst he walked, he rang Snoopy and checked in with her. He talked through what he'd found out and asked her to start digging deep on Donald Frost. Snoopy was in his opinion one of the best investigative journalists in the world and with her digging it wouldn't take long to find a juicy bone. He learnt Ding had paid the computers a visit and copied across a digital tonne of relevant information. Finally, he asked Snoopy to find out the name of a good divorce lawyer. Best to be prepared.

He went to the dock where Archie was waiting. Got on the boat, made sure he had everything and they left. He was glad he hadn't eaten; he wasn't a particularly great sailor and the motion of the sea made him sick quite quickly. He was lucky it wasn't a long trip to the island, but it was long enough for him not to look forward to the return back.

He was helped into the water in his canoe and he didn't have far to paddle to land on a beach. Physically he was quite strong and he'd used canoes before, so he was confident in what he was doing. He pulled up the canoe and made sure he could remember where it was. There was a flashlight in the canoe for his return so he could signal Archie when he was ready to be collected.

He'd done this kind of thing before but it still scared him as much as it thrilled him. There was a wildness in what he was doing. This is the kind of excitement that most people would never get to know in their lifetime. He was doing James Bond stuff. Breaking onto a secret desert island and photographing the wrongdoers. It broke his heart that he would capture evidence of his wife cheating on him, shitting on their marriage. Story first, he told himself. Get the story, worry about the personal stuff later.

As he got to the island and the canoe tucked out of sight, he could hear the music and see the lights, they weren't being secretive. The seclusion of the place meant that they were the only ones here. He never thought about security. They might have a few guards posted. Better be careful and keep quiet. He started to walk off the beach, there were paths and he scouted them out before walking down them. He trod careful not to make a noise, he kept low so he'd be less likely to be seen.

He had to find out what they were doing and where and then take the photographic evidence. He crept closer. He knew that he probably didn't have to worry about getting caught, but it was better to be safe than sorry in this situation. Whilst people did know that he was doing this, he was still exposed and a long way from help.

It took about half an hour before he got close enough to be able to scope out what was going on. There was a large open space and a massive tent like structure raised up in it. The tent was made of strong metal poles with a canvas suspended between them. At no point did the canvas touch the ground, the eight or nine poles holding it up kept it high. On the ground were a range of cushions, throws, mats and beds for the guests to lounge around on and that's what they were doing. To one side there was a bar with a food buffet set up next to it and a few tables. Most of the guests were lounging around in the cushions and mats.

1...89101112...14