All Comments on 'The Fury'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 160 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The third story in this Mystery Tour I've read.

This is as good as anything I've read. Top marks.

Justgr8Justgr8about 6 years ago
Hmmm

Wonderful job, as I read this, I was visualizing Robert Mitchum and Lizbeth Scott types in a nod to noir type stories. 5*****

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
FURY WAS A BLACK HORSE FROM THE MOVIES

and like the old-time movies, the Hero always wins, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
*****

Damn fine work!

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
Day-um!

This is so unbelievably good. I’d love to know how long it took to write this. Do these ideas come to you fully-formed? Or does the plot write itself as you go along? Either way, I’m beyond impressed.

You, sir, need to go pro. Enough with this writing-for-free shit. Seriously. You’re too good for this.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 6 years ago
Super!!

Thanks for sharing a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

The best story in the Mystery Tour so far! And I've read more than half of them (I haven't read your romance submission yet) You outdid yourself on this one.

SashaPozaSashaPozaabout 6 years ago
Outstanding

Loved every word of this story!!!

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
This was really good Todd

I didn't really like any of the characters, maybe Cal a little, but it was still a very good story.

Full marks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
An excellent job

Well done. Thanks for sharing this most intriguing story. *****

tangledweedtangledweedabout 6 years ago
Outstanding

The threads were all woven together so well that an outlandish concept became believable. Interesting characters all around.

Pappy7Pappy7about 6 years ago
What a tangled web indeed.

Very well written and exceedingly well spun. Always a joy to read one of your stories. I like it where people get the shit kicked out of them when they deserve it. No wimps in your stories, male or female. I thought that maybe this was going to tie in with the other bad asses you write about. Wouldn't have hurt my feelings at all.

javmor79javmor79about 6 years ago
Of course you have the best story of the day!

Stories like this are right up your alley. Time and time again you've given us stories that have transcended Loving Wives and moved into something far more entertaining. I truly envy your talent, and that's not just a cliche saying. You sir, are remarkable. I truly hope you are getting paid to write elsewhere, because I can't think of a bigger waste of talent. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

Love the continuing quality of the stories you post.

Sidney43Sidney43about 6 years ago

" She had a college boyfriend with a black Trans Am, for God's sake. I think the boyfriend actually changed out occasionally, but they were hard to tell apart. For all I knew it was the same car."

Lines like that are the reason I look forward to your stories. Always interesting, well developed characters and bits of dialog I have not read somewhere before. Five stars again, probably a record.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
Great Story; Determined Ladies

So far this MAgical Mystery Tour is great. Thanks for a truly excellent story here. And thank you BR1958 for your work as well.

Ricco52Ricco52about 6 years ago
Fry and freckle

So true! My wife is a blue eyed redhead, and that is her whole summer experience.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Bloody Brilliant

Dont miss a word. It’s terrific. Thanks Todd.

JMH1961JMH1961about 6 years ago
Loved It

A great read by a great story teller. Thank You so much for sharing your talent.

5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Holy crap!

And to think that I used to hate roller coasters! 5 stars. Thanks for writing.

P.S. Randi: this event has the best stories yet.

shaman43shaman43about 6 years ago
What can a person say

Another 5 star. Another story with everything. Whatever T writes is entertaining, thought provoking and worthwhile.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Twists and turns, murky deals and conspiracy.

And a femme fatale with a suitably impressive twist.

Sweet. 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Just as Good...

Just as good as when I first read it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
One star

This is a porn site, get with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
More Fun

than Jason Bourne. Really!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Magnificent and ....

Thank you!

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveabout 6 years ago
The Winner

Best of the Best. As Forrest would say "that's all I have to say about that" .

amyyumamyyumabout 6 years ago
Very entertaining

And isn't that what it's all about? 5*

Bebop3Bebop3about 6 years ago
Professional Level Writing...

... on a free website. Can't really ask for more than that.

Another great story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Really good

Really, really, really good. I agree, the clear winner

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Couldn't stop!

This was such a good read I could not stop reading and re-reading it. Very clever and oh so entertaining. Thank you for the story and please (by all means please) keep writing!

"Buckeye Fan"

Impo_64Impo_64about 6 years ago
Your stories are always addicting...

Your stories are always addicting...And as someone already said: we can't stop reading till we reach the end...4*

Todd172Todd172about 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks to Everyone

Seriously, the encouragement from the readers here has been amazing and I appreciate it. I know I say that a lot, but I'm just being honest.

I also get tremendous support from other writers - hard won lessons on what to do and what not to do. That advice has saved me a lot of pain and trouble, and it started within days of posting my first story. They've been utterly selfless and helpful. Unbelievable.

SJ - As to the process, I usually just follow the characters and see what happens, but in this case, I actually tried to be more deliberate. I had an inspiration from a song and a story fragment that I already wanted to use, so I planned it, sort-of outlined it and then wrote it. It didn't turn out exactly as planned, but it got kind close.

I do have to apologize - I'm not a Dallas native, I usually only pass through Dallas on the way to other places, I wasn't aware that it is referred to as the 635 or LBJ vice "35 loop." I suppose I could argue that Cal isn't a native of Dallas either, but honestly, I just didn't know.

Thanks again, I appreciate the support from everyone.

Todd172

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

As always, an outstanding piece of work, Todd172.

KRD19254KRD19254about 6 years ago

6* - nothing more needs to be said.... to a Master.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hit another one

Another good story. Fun to see the link from playground to the beach.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 6 years ago
Damn Todd. I am reading them from the bottom up, and you are now first ! 6 stars

Short and fast, packed with twists, action, and great characters. Bravo!!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 6 years ago
Well done

Great effort

Crusader235Crusader235about 6 years ago
Excellent

Excellent read! As always you have plenty of twists and turns to keep us in suspense. Well done, 5 Stars! Hmm, I wonder if Cal and Laura ever visit the Shack?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Where is the good sex???

While it’s well written, it’s not erotic, which is the backbone of this site. Spice it up and maybe you’ll get more stars.

green117green117about 6 years ago
a sweet story -

(if you kinda neglect thinking about what Laura has been up to recently... but still there is a bit of redemption even there...)

I like it. It has a lot of the stuff I hope to see.

It even sorta sells the three way in a way I haven't seen before. Will Jessie stay away? I'm betting not entirely. Not, by the way, that three way is something I look for.

True Noire? nah... Cal is too... boy scout and not compromised. But true Noire is a pain in the patuie... and you have done Noire up well before.

Thanks! Your efforts are most appreciated.

Green-something

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
A nice twisty story

It is full of impressive moments. No need for sex in it.

KRD19254KRD19254about 6 years ago

The story is good but I see a hole?

How did Karen get that compromising picture of Laura & Cal to send via cell phone to Alan? "Somebody sent this to his private number from a burn phone. She stared at the picture of Laura and I tangled up naked on the carpet. I had her place wired."

So is Karen skillfully omitting the confrontation from the police/FBI in Laura's condo between Daddy/Phillips & Laura/Cal - or is she keeping it for future blackmail?

Or did Jesse (who was one sharp cookie) wipe it clean in the server mishap? I wonder how much Jesse made off with beyond her good severance package?

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
I thought

Karen was the one who had the apartment bugged?

In any case, it was a barrel of fun. Great story.

TeflerTeflerabout 6 years ago
Amazing

What an awesome story! I was hooked right from the start and loved Laura, the femme fatale with a heart of gold.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 6 years ago
Interesting from beginning to end...

Excellent story and so very well written. Captured my attention from the beginning and never let go. Thanks for posting.

HDVictory1HDVictory1about 6 years ago
Always interesting, always surprising

Felt like I was in a Hitchcock thriller. Well played sir..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story!

Once again Todd172 delivers! 5 stars!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 6 years ago
Entertainment on demand!

When one of our event writers withdrew due to a personal crisis, I was bemoaning the loss of the story. Todd heard my wails of dismay, and stepped up in a big way. After assaulting my ears with that dreadful song, he wrote this masterpiece. Several have mentioned "professional" quality work, and I agree. It happens to be my opinion that all of the writers in this event produce near professional quality work, and we, as readers, are very blessed that they offer that work to us, free of charge.

As to the Anonymi who complain about lack of eroticism, "this is a porn site," I say, bah. This was an adult story. "Literotica" has two parts: The first is "Lit," standing for "Literature." Todd, and the other writers in this event are heavily on the "Lit" side of Literotica. The other part of the word is "Erotica." I think this was erotic, but to the level fitting to the story. If you want to read porn, there is plenty of it here. Go read that, and leave the literature to those of us who enjoy that. We won't disturb you over there. Thank you, Todd, Randi.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 6 years ago
This is a seriously good story!

I can't say enough good things about it. I just urge everyone to read it. You'll be glad you did!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A wow , for a masterpiece of writing.

This was the best of all the stories for this mystery posting. Great writing,great plot.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago
I'm dumb

Well, that was interesting...but not really LW...and I am not really the category Nazi but I kept waiting for the relationship and conflict part, and it didn't happen. Conflict happened and the relationship happened in 3 lines at the end. It happened to Alan but he was peripheral. Then a FBW was the main focus. And Laura didn't really make sense. I'm not really going on about it, just defending myself against imaginary accusers.

I think the story suffered by it being rushed. And I know everything that goes to production is worked on until the very end, and then patches are released to fix the numerous bugs. I guess I wasn't tall enough for the ride after all.

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 6 years ago
Excellent as usual

Wonderfully riveting story. Character development was great along with the intriguing plot.

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
MMT!!!!

Another exceptional story. Hate to go back to the daily drivel after these stories from the elite Lit writers. Thanks to all involved.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
Entertaining

Quite a roller coaster of a tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well played, mostly.

An artful and entertaining contrivance. Thank you for your time and talent.

doofus67doofus67about 6 years ago
Wow, just wow

What an wonderfully spun yarn that kept me transfixed to the screen.

Hopefully, now Laura has fulfilled her grand plan of getting revenge on those that wronged her father her gold digging days are over. I'd hate for Cal to be looking over his shoulder every 5 mins. Despite only featuring in a small portion of this story she was an amazing character.

I've read a few of these Magical Mystery Tour stories and they have so far all been truly awesome. Long live these Legend Days... please

hardworker5556hardworker5556about 6 years ago
Loved it!

Great story telling! Please keep writing.

ohioohioabout 6 years ago
Brilliantly done

Complicated and twisty and engaging and full of strong emotions: love, rage, desire for vengeance, just plain old desire. A first-rate story!

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
4*s

That's entertainment ❕

No soldiers, killer agents, etc. Just good old fashion revenge 😤.Gave you 4*s.

My only quibble is Karen. A woman in her position would not have gone so passively out the door,lol. Anyway they're your characters.

Thank you for two very good reads.

A Merryman

P.S. Well either thirteen or fourteen. I'm not counting anymore,😚.

mike2710mike2710about 6 years ago
Outstanding

enough said

Mike from Texas

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 6 years ago
Good story.

"A man with no future".

Ain't that the truth.

Well written story.

But it dulls the plot

when one of the three

main characters is

more or less useless.

For the story, he would've

been more useful being

just the storyteller.

Even so, this story gets

top ratings from me.

Good job!

oshawoshawabout 6 years ago

It's tough enough to write one story of this caliber and Todd did the incredible feat of writing back to back epic tales for the Mystery Tour.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 6 years ago
A good read

A well written story and characters. To be honest I did not see the whole storyline so nice twist. Well worth time to read!

Yes I will be reading your other story!

Please keep writing and I will keep reading!

maninconnmaninconnabout 6 years ago
My favorite

This is my favorite story of all those you’ve posted here. Thanks for writing.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
Strong women

You can always be counted on to write compelling heroines. My favorites are still TJ from Soldier Girl, followed maybe by Emma of the blue topaz eyes, and Spooky from The Shack universe, but you gotta love the trifecta of Laura, Jessie, and Karen. Thank you.*****

Oh yeah, and Deadgirl, and Zascha, and the Jenny Maitland, ... and ... and...

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 6 years ago
Just sorry I can only give you a five star on this...

Didn't see the ending coming... was sure he'd be the one rescuing... liked it though obviously...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow!

If only real life could be this good!

johntc24johntc24about 6 years ago
another fabulous story

Thanks again, this captivating story was wonderful. Your characters came to life, as always. Great twists

Rustybones57Rustybones57about 6 years ago
WOW i started reading this story last week and have been trying to get back to it all week. It has reminded me of a love I've had all my life of great books. Keep writing please.

Great read. I love the combination of intrege

and suspense. One of the best I've read in many years.

oldpoet451oldpoet451almost 6 years ago
Excellent

Great read, as always. Thanks for a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
great story

this is the first time i have read of my country Zimbabwe on Literorica, the writer even new some background & had done some research on it...am chuffed

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 6 years ago
Still a great read for 3rd time

5*

TheLoneStrangerTheLoneStrangeralmost 6 years ago
Just great!

My second reading and I still couldn’t fault it.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

green117green117almost 6 years ago
I really liked this one (for the second time)

I think I caught a "30 pieces of silver" reference, but not used for effect...

I'm curious - things thrown in to tickle the subconscious?

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
UNBELIEVABLE

...in two senses

1). Unbelievable that someone is capable of doing something like this.

Of course that could be said of a psycho's hideous torture... But this one is

2) . Unbelievable that some piece of literature can attain to such Everest heights of glory.

A bow to a King/President/Lord of literature.

Paul in Oklahoma

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 6 years ago
Excellent!

Extremely well written great story. A couple if yrs ago I was reading a book by one if my fave authors. Closed the book,as good ass it was, and couldn't read any and have not been able to read any more except for these short stories here and on anither site. I have no idea why this has occurred and happened to me but its a drag for sure. Anyway your stories are always good and I thank you. 5*

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Read again

This just gets better with each re-read. I found a lot that I missed the first time through. Just so damn good, it is top ten on my list.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
After a second read of this story, I think...........

I really do like it. I doubt this comment will make it on the board though as obviously I have angered too many people who wrote garbage stories and I am currently being "Spanked" by the moderators of this site.

This story has lots of good action, intrigue, and twists. It does go a bit overboard in several spots, but what the hey, it's still fun.

Good Job on this story.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Brilliant

5-stars

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Awesome job

Quality work here...5

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very Enjoyable Story

And I did enjoy it, very much. One reason I liked it is because there wasn’t a lot of time, and words, wasted on flashbacks, old memories, ancient history, or long-winded explanations of...whatever. The story constantly moved forward. As a really good story should. Thanks, Todd172, for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
why is this in loving wives as noone was married?

?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Read

Enough said :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn that was good!

Entertaining as hell. I wondered how you'd spin the ending. BOTH women involved in the plot was a good surprise. Him being a dummy, not-so-much. And I found it humorous that no one was really married in this little dust up and the Nonnie brigade didn't fry you! Well played. Keep after it.

5 stars

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 5 years ago
Fantastic

A great story. Please keep writing them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
LOVING WIVES?

Some comments questioned why this should be in Loving Wives. Although it might fit in other categories, I think LW is proper. For why, see my comment (10-16-18) on Michelle and Matt by Ohio.

Paul in Oklahoma

TrollTureTrollTureover 5 years ago
Heck of a read!

I guessed from the going away party that they would end up together somehow, but at that point I was thinking she would be his "loving wife". How wrong I was! This was so much better.

While reading I thought back to all the old detective and thriller novels my dad used to have on his bookshelves, he had yards of them, most from the 50's and 60's. Those, plus some of the hard-boiled films of the 40's and 50's, maybe with people like Robert Mitchum or maybe William Holden could definitely have influenced this story.

A very good reed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Didn't really care much for Laura ...

Jessie was far more wifey-material.

jneric2691jneric2691about 5 years ago
After reading Harpy again

I realized I hadn't read this one. I think you could have strung this one out and made it a book. I really enjoyed the story!

KRD19254KRD19254about 5 years ago

On reread, I was sort of hoping for more twist, like 'that Jesse was the little girl who moved to Ohio, that Laura & Cal stood up for in 4th grade.'

I'm sure Jesse is very happy splitting $75M (tax free) with Laura - too bad Cal didn't get some of it but then again he got Laura (minus pre-nup I hope).

green117green117almost 5 years ago
and for the third,

and hopefully last time -

This time I didn't do a full reread... but I did read up to the suicide bomber/little girl in Africa.

I did some travelling in my time, and once I was looking into churches in Jerusalem around the time of the 2nd Intifada. (yes, you can be a tourist in the middle of insurrection - the locals have been having tourists for a long time) I >always< attempted to respect what I was looking at for both the locals and the visitors for whom it was important. I went to (what I remember as) the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and (at least in my probably flawed memory) it was a circular, byzantine church with a rectangular gazebo in the middle. I looked at art - mostly drawings of Christ rising from very large stone - say, about 10 feet cubed. I entered the gazebo, and saw an elderly woman clearly having the emotional experience of her life (in a church about resurrection? Of course - and I wasn't going to interrupt her for anything) on the other side of a long double sided kneeling bench. I carefully and quietly made my way to the end of the bench, and saw, cast in a transparent plastic cube - a stone... about 10 inches on a side, clearly the worse for wear. Damned tourists.

I carefully made my way out, thinking about what millennia of tourists will do to a thing.

So! Your image of a little girl, destroyed and about to die, had a resonance for me. And, in a similar sense, I found that I couldn't even be a tourist anymore... willy-nilly, I was in the way, I was part of the situation, I wasn't as clever as I though.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great writing except for grammar

I know U. S. education doesn't do a good job teaching grammar, but it would benefit hopeful authors to learn how to handle the me / I and lie / lay problems. A good editor presumably would know the difference and would be critical of such errors.

49greg49gregover 4 years ago
Great story

As always

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
geographical

For geographical purposes, its the DRC not DROC

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing!

Your stories kick ass. The Harpy is still my favorite thing on this website, and everything else I read from you is just as good. The twists and turns you took here are absolutely amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
"Gonna Save All My Money

And buy a GTO..." Not a good thing to have sprinklers in with servers. Cross-zoned smoke detection, Halon with recovery systems, something just not straight up water, an expensive lesson for someone. All they had to do was ask, I could have pointed them in the right direction. But then again for 75 million, probably not, let'er burn. Great story, the gun part shouldn't fly, but if no one was looking hard it doesn't matter. Sort of thought there'd be someone named Ronnie in there somewhere. Now back to Randi for a bit. Signed: BTW

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
More

That was more than just a story. That was my definition of Literature. I enjoyed that enough to read it twice. Really great.

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Spectacular Story

Just the kind of fantasy I like, the hero wins the girl in the end. I would love to see more of this group.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

SIMILAR Stories