The Gangster Ch. 01

Story Info
A ‘good’ wife is put in an impossible situation.
5.4k words
4.25
20.1k
31

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 12/18/2023
Created 12/16/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
satindesires
satindesires
1,312 Followers

This story attempts to explore a scenario where a 'good' wife is put in an impossible situation but where lines become blurred after that.

Our wedding was a big family occasion; everyone from my (Luca) and my bride's large extended Italian families was invited along with the local community.

The ceremony, dancing and festivities were perfect, just as we had imagined them. And I was marrying the love of my life and the only girl I had ever dated: Sophia. Thankfully her father's business had done well and the celebration was more than we had originally planned for.

As was tradition we had to invite Francesco (Frank) Esposito, officially he was patron of our community, unofficially he ran everything and at 55 was the head of an extensive organised crime family. It wasn't a great concern, the presence of Frank meant everyone would behave and remain respectful. I had known him for as long as I can remember and he was close friends with Sophia's family.

The only concern was his son Gianni also turned up, I had known him all of my life as well, although I would have preferred not to. Thankfully he sat sullenly in the corner and didn't bother anyone.

Our wedding was perfect, I thought Sophia looked beautiful and rightly was the centre of attention. She never stopped smiling the whole day, which made me the happiest man on the planet. Sophia's long dark brown hair was pinned up and to my amazement stayed that way, despite the fact she was constantly dancing. Her stunning satin wedding dress fitted her like a glove, everyone was mesmerised by her.

I noticed my mother in law Gabrielle in what looked like a heated exchange of words with Frank. Their families went way back but this was unusual, no one argued with Frank if they knew what was healthy for them. She approached me later and suggested it was time to wave the bride and groom off; it was a bit early but looking at Sophia sounded like a wonderful idea to me. It turned out to be the best possible suggestion; our wedding night was completely blissful. The short honeymoon that followed was equally amazing; we would have liked it to have been longer and abroad but had put everything into a small rented apartment to begin our married lives together.

A few days after returning from our honeymoon, Sophia walked into our apartment looking ashen; Gabrielle followed her in, appearing almost as bad; I thought a family member might have died. We sat down as Sophia handed us all drinks, the choice of Brandy seemed odd, until Gabrielle started talking.

"There is no easy way to say this, so I am just going to blurt it out... I, I have been Frank Esposito's mistress for the past 30 years!"

That bombshell took a while to sink in, there was silence in the room, I felt both Sophia's and Gabrielle's eyes on me, "Well that's... I don't know quite what to say... what about Silvio?"

"My husband knows all about it, he knew before we were even married. Frank took my virginity at 16; my father saw it as honourable to be selected. Our family have been mistresses to the Esposito family for generations. Frank had to approve my marriage to Silvio; that arrangement allowed Frank to marry into another connected family. Part of the agreement guarantees safety and protection for Silvio's business without the usual... overheads."

The success of Silvio's bakery business now made a little more sense. Sophia gave the impression this was the second time she had heard the explanation, she still looked shocked but not as surprised as myself.

Then something dawned on me, "Are you telling us this because he is Sophia's father?"

"What! God no, no not at all. Frank was serving a prison sentence at the time I conceived Sophia. It was a minor charge and he got out after a few months, by that time I was already pregnant."

"How have you kept this quiet for so long?"

"We go out Saturdays usually, his wife and Silvio know of the arrangement and nobody else would dare say anything about it."

Sophia added, "All the weekend stay overs at my cousins when growing up make sense now. That story changed to mum visiting a poorly aunt on Saturdays when I got older."

It all sounded archaic and bizarre to me, "How do you cope with all of that Gabrielle, it sounds absolutely terrible?"

"Actually it's not that bad and it's all I have ever known. Frank is very considerate; the combination with Silvio who cares for me and loves me is a good one. We have a family and a good life together. With Frank I get to experience a different lifestyle, high end restaurants, gifts, things a poor girl like me would never experience usually. Silvio understands, the arrangement has kept us safe and successful. He struggled with it at first but he came to accept it."

I was confused now, why the confession if everything was ok and everyone knew?

Gabrielle spotted my confusion quickly, "The reason I need you to know this is because Gianni has expressed an interest in Sophia and wants to take her as his mistress."

"What the fuck..."

Gabrielle rushed in further explanation, "It was all I could do to persuade Frank to let you have your wedding night and honeymoon together, but Gianni is pushing hard and emphasising the tradition. It's hard for Frank to reject his demand, as he is still doing the same thing with me."

I was furious, "Never... over my dead body!"

Gabrielle looked at me sadly, "That would be the reality Luca, you can't say no to these people."

"We'll run or go to the police."

"They will catch you; they have police and Government contacts who can trace you easily."

"Still it's got to be worth trying, there must be some way, I, I can't allow... "

Sophia looked up at me with angst ridden eyes full of tears, "I don't want you getting hurt Luca or worse."

She broke down at that point, keeling over to cry on her mum's shoulder who began reassuring her everything would be ok. I stood up pacing, trying to think and failing miserably, discounting ideas almost as quickly as they occurred.

Gabrielle suggested I get some fresh air whilst she consoled Sophia. I went into the garden in a state of anger and total frustration. But still no solutions, there must be someone in the police, but who? It wasn't as if I could fight against a crime family. Gianni was always begrudging and spiteful with his elevated status in the neighbourhood as we grew up. He was erratic and had a temper, anyone standing up against him was dealt with severely, most people avoided him.

I walked back in feeling defeated and caught the tail end of Gabrielle reassuring Sophia, "... it will be ok baby, Frank is very a consummate and considerate lover and I am sure Gianni will be the same; if he's like his father you will come to enjoy it."

I waited realising my entry hadn't been heard.

"I couldn't..."

"If you want to keep Luca safe, you have to go along with it, it's not love or anything... just practical."

What could I say to that; she'd be doing it to keep me safe... shit!

***

Despite continued conversations focused on how to get out of the predicament; our happy future together had been decimated in the blink of an eye. I devised numerous plots, all of which were useless and didn't stand up to any serious scrutiny.

I noticed Sophia's comments subtly changing, more toward acceptance, saying she might be able to cope if she knew I was ok and still loved her. She was giving up the fight against it and I was flat out of ideas; running seemed our only option.

A week later we were 'invited' to dinner with Frank and Gianni by Gabrielle; refusing clearly wasn't an option. Frank led the conversation explaining the honour of the tradition and how everyone could benefit. Sophia responded saying she was honoured but couldn't possibly fulfil the role of a mistress; she was very much in love with me and would be a poor choice for Gianni.

Frank dismissed it, "Nonsense, it will be difficult at first but you will find a way to be a good wife and mistress as Gabrielle has so ably demonstrated over the years."

I waded in, "I can't accept this, it is disrespectful, to us, to our marriage and the church."

Gianni riled at that, "Be careful with your tone, you owe my family respect for the protection we provide."

Struggling to contain my anger, "Why don't you and I discuss this privately outside."

I saw everyone's eyes widen, the four bulky enforcers positioned around the room stepped forward and it looked like Gianni was reaching for something inside his jacket.

Frank smashed his hand down on the table and shouted, "Enough!"

Everyone froze and Gianni's hand reappeared.

Frank continued, "This discussion is over, Luca your actions and threat to my son are forgiven in light of the circumstances and because you are trying to protect your wife."

I turned to Frank, fury in my eyes, he looked at me coldly, "Don't fucking dare look at me like that, I have killed men for less. This is your one and only warning, it is happening and you will accept it one way or the other."

Gianni looked at me as he put his hand over Sophia's, "Time for you to leave Luca, Sophia will be staying; don't worry I will drop her off safe and sound."

I objected, only for two enforcers to restrain me by the arms and start dragging me outside.

Sophia stood and rushed over to me, tears in her eyes and touching my cheek, "Please stop Luca, it will be ok. I don't want you getting hurt; just remember I love you more than anything."

I could barely manage words, "please... don't..."

I felt shame and tears on my cheeks watching her walk back to the table and sit next to a smiling Gianni. That was my last view of her as I was dragged outside and thrown roughly to the ground.

One of the heavies looked down before walking back, "You have no idea how lucky you've have just been, you won't be next time."

***

I couldn't remember getting there but I was back at our apartment, everything reminded me of Sophia. I tried calling her but no answer and then sent multiple messages, with nothing in return. The same result when I tried Gabrielle's phone.

It was the worst night of my life, imagining what was happening to Sophia. Initially the thought of her enjoying it tormented me; but I realised it would be much worse for her if she was forced. That black thought almost overtook me; before realising she had accepted what was happening and was going along with it. Had she accepted things too easily? Maybe she wasn't adverse to the idea as I recalled Gabrielle's comments about Frank being a consummate lover and how she enjoyed the lifestyle.

It had been hours and was past midnight. My mind was in constant turmoil, accelerated random thoughts... could a brain actually explode, mine felt like it was about to. Drinking would be stupid in the circumstances, still it might dull the pain and if I drank enough I might blot it all out, so that's what I did.

The ping on my phone woke me, the morning light shining between the blinds; scrambling to find the phone and checking the message through bleary eyes.

"Sorry just switched phone back on; I am Ok, back home soon."

She eventually returned at 11am, dropped off by a driver in a limo. We looked at each other both embarrassed before I mumbled, "Are you ok?"

Sophia gave a flicker of a smile, "I think so, thank you for checking."

We went into the kitchen; Sophia made some coffee both of us in silence. She looked the same, did the same things as usual. I resisted asking what had happened, I think Sophia realised my turmoil and broke the silence.

"I felt horrible when I saw all your texts from last night asking if I was ok. I didn't see them until this morning; Gianni insisted I switch my phone off."

"I guess that and keeping you overnight was a message in itself... he's in charge."

"Maybe, but if we can stay united as a couple, he can't control that or our minds and what we think. I don't want any secrets between us, I want you to know what happened Luca, but I feel so ashamed."

"I understand, I feel the same way, but the not knowing was torture last night and still is."

"I can tell you some of it..."

With that she sat down and held my hand, "We had a meal with Frank and mum, seeing them together was so weird, they looked and acted like a married couple. The meal was delicious but I couldn't eat much and struggled to speak and not cry. Mum spent a lot of time saying everything would be fine and both Frank and Gianni were charming.

We said goodbye to Frank and mum and went back to his penthouse which is all very impressive I guess. He left a gift box out for me, it was... expensive lingerie that he insisted I try on. When I went into the walk in dressing room, there was a huge array of dresses and shoes, he said they were all mine and should fit."

"It sounds like he was romancing you and trying to impress."

"Yes, I think he might be trying to do that. We had a couple of drinks, he kissed me and we had sex. He was being ok, nothing rough or weird, just regular sex. He wasn't violent or anything, more respectful than I had expected after seeing him with you in the restaurant. I don't want to go into details but it's not like us."

Was she being kind to me, making it seem less, I recalled again Gabrielle's comments again.

"Was it just once?"

"No Luca, it was twice last night and again this morning. I, I... showered and cleaned everywhere repeatedly; then the driver brought me home. Sorry, he wants the same arrangement as mum. We'll be going out every Saturday night and staying over at his place. Is there anything that can make it easier for you?"

I sighed remembering this was going to be a long term arrangement; unsure how I felt about things, my emotions were in turmoil. There was certainly plenty of guilt from Sophia but I wondered if there was something else there, a feeling of excitement.

She seemed to read my mind, "It's just a physical act and doesn't mean anything to me and remember I didn't choose this. Try to see it as an exercise or a job I have to do; I love only you!"

***

The following Saturday Sophia was subdued when getting ready. I thought she made a little too much effort with her makeup but at least the dress and shoes she chose were conservative. I had been pacing around the living room again and was still no further forward with a solution when I heard her footsteps coming down the stairs, looking up to catch the vision that was my wife. She smiled nervously, gave me hug and a kiss on the cheek and said she loved me more than anything. The limo arrived to pick her up, watching her leave my heart broke all over again.

I didn't want to stay in stewing in my own pity, so I went to a bar my mate Danny ran and proceeded to drown my sorrows. Thankfully Danny made sure I got home in one piece.

That continued for the next few weeks, as part of his security measures Gianni didn't pick her up personally; avoiding regular patterns, they went to different venues before heading back to his secure penthouse. It was all part of his protection from potential attack, as were the ever present enforcers Jimmy and Angelo.

We tried to make it easier for each other; supressing hundreds of questions I tried to remain supportive. Sophia was focused on being the best possible wife; hardworking and caring, juggling her job and our home life. We still talked about our hopes and ambitions for the future. Life was idyllic if you could ignore what was happening on Saturday nights. She was attentive and loving and showed affection at every opportunity; I was glad of it, it provided some much needed reassurance.

Sophia offered very little information about her time with Gianni; separating the two aspects of her life totally. The less she said the more worried and curious I became. It was watching her get ready on a Saturday evening that triggered me. She came out of the shower and without thinking I kissed her and continued kissing down her neck and cleavage, reaching her stomach as she held my head and her breathing quickened. I was continuing down when I looked at her pussy and saw an image of Gianni stuffing his cock in there later. I recoiled, standing quickly, darting from the bathroom with Sophia calling after me.

My curiosity never abated; a few months later I sat in bar opposite the restaurant I'd heard Sophia mention on the phone to her mum. Sitting discreetly well back in the bar nursing a beer, I had a clear view of Sophia and Gianni opposite Frank and Gabrielle in the restaurant across the road.

They were all laughing and talking, sitting closely they glanced at each other often. They touched and looked to the entire world to be lovers. She wore an elegant and expensive dress that I had never seen before and was literally dripping in jewellery. She must have started getting ready at his penthouse, did that allow him earlier access prior to dinner? I was angry, thinking it was all a pretence and I was the idiot who was being fooled.

***

Sophia noticed my mood the following day, "Are you ok, you seem more upset than usual?"

"What happens when you go out with him... do you enjoy yourself?"

"I told you, usually a meal and some drinks, it's just like a normal night out, I can't sit there and be non-responsive."

"So laughing, flirting, like you're his girlfriend?"

"Well not girlfriend, but I go along with things."

"So like us then... a lover more than an arrangement. You hold his forearm like you do mine; you look at him and kiss him the same way."

Sophia looked at me obviously trying to figure out what I knew.

"And you change into something sexier at his place before you go out, is that so you can fit another fuck in?"

"Oh my God, did you follow us, are you crazy? They are constantly looking for threats to him; if they had seen you... you would have been in real trouble."

"True but you still haven't answered my question."

"Ok I go along with it, the nights can be fun and the places we go are really nice; it is different from our normal lives. The money helps, I am more relaxed in Gianni's company now; it's easier if I treat it like a date rather than fighting against it."

"So your time with him is better?"

"I didn't say that!"

"No you didn't have to!"

"Oh come on Luca it's not like that at all, I didn't ask for this."

"No but now you have it, you're having a good time. I guess I shouldn't have been so worried after all."

"It's not like that! Everything I am doing is to keep us safe; I have to show willing and make sure he enjoys it."

"And do you enjoy it; is he a better a fuck, the consummate lover Gabrielle promised?"

She burst into tears, she was right in that she didn't ask for this, but still I couldn't resist another accusation, "Is it to keep us safe Sophia or do you like the high life? Do you like being Gianni's mistress? It feels like you are more his now than mine."

"Please don't say that, I love you! I need to keep those two parts of my life separate or I'll go mad. I feel so guilty but I am doing everything I can to remain your wife. Maybe... maybe I could ask him for a break or say we are going away for a short trip."

Her reply took some of my anger and energy away, replaced with a weary sadness. My doubts continued internally, was she guilty about the affair or guilty because she was enjoying it.

***

Gabrielle appeared on my doorstep the following day, "Sophia said you had challenged her... accused her even!"

She didn't wait for a reply, "That's not fair, she has to go along with things. You need just accept that it's for the best. I've had a good marriage with her father, you can too."

"Yeah and you enjoyed fucking Frank as well. You know I heard you reassure Sophia about how Gianni would be a consummate lover and that she'd come to enjoy it."

That pulled her up short, "You heard that?"

"Yes and your advice that she'd form some sort of relationship with him, it appears you were quite correct."

satindesires
satindesires
1,312 Followers
12