The Ghost Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rosa shook her head and looked down at the ground. Monica rubbed her shoulder in support. "Have you talked to him?"

"No, I don't think I can face him. He probably hates me."

Monica looked at Rosa and pulled on her arm, "Come on, I'll go along with you."

The guard was reluctant to let them in to see Mark, but he eventually let their charms get the better of him. As they rounded the corner, they found Lawson on the floor doing pushups, sweat pouring off his body profusely. His muscles were toned and defined that it took both the women's breath away.

"M-mark, it's Rosa and Monica. We came to see how you're doing."

He continued to do his exercise, "How...do...you... think...I am?" he said between movements.

Rosa was very upset, but she powered through, "Mark, I hope you know I don't agree with this decision. If I had it my way, you would be there beside her."

Mark stopped, then jumped to his feet. The woman looked down his sweaty pecs, and torso. "That makes two of us, but it appears others have different plans for me." He went over and drank from a water bottle, and calmly asked. "How is she?"

Monica answered, "She is doing pretty good now, thanks to you."

He nodded his head, looking down at the floor he had been doing his exercise at. "I appreciate you trying to make me feel good Monica, but I know when someone is near death when I see it. Don't sugarcoat it for me."

Rosa spoke, "She's telling you the truth Mark. She isn't out of the woods completely, but she is alive because of you. Anyone who says different is lying.'

"Are they going to let me out of here anytime soon?"

Rosa hesitated for a moment. "I... I'm not sure what is happening Mark."

He walked over to the bars and looked at the two women, in a hush tone he said, "One way or another, I will be out of this shithole very soon."

Rosa and Monica looked at each other, both raising their eyebrows at each other. Monica looked at Mark, "Hang in there soldier, Rosa and I have a plan."

***********

June 27th, 2019 - 0800

Mexico City, Mexico

Juan Guijosa sat in the grand room in the state capital of Mexico City. He was meeting the President of Mexico, something that Tejada had only done once, and it was in his last years of his life. The President walked in with a small entourage of armed soldiers that spread around the room.

"Sr. Presidente, tan agradable de conocerle" Juan sounded excited.

President Ortiz was not as excited. "Enough with the fake pleasantries. You have not earned the right to act friendly with me quite yet. What is your business here in the capital?"

Juan loosened his tie and collected his thoughts. "Senior, if I may, I have come here to introduce myself and to give you an offering so my business will be profitable to both myself and Mexico."

"Your business? Your cartel has been profitable and causing issues for Mexico for months now. You don't think I know what's going on in my own country?"

"Senior, I never thought of you as a fool. That's why I am here today in person to talk to you and offer my repentance to you." The young cartel boss pushed a briefcase toward the President. He opened it expecting pesos, but it was filled with U.S. dollars instead.

"I see you are serious about paying your dues. Do not let this happen again mi hijo."

"Of course not, I will make sure you receive what you deserve Sr. Presidente." Juan stood and with a half salute, walked out of the office into the long hallway. Upon reaching the palace doors, he found the armed guards staring at him. He smiled at them and pushed past them out through the doors.

He climbed into the Mercedes and joined his lieutenant Refugio. "How'd it go?"

"He thinks we are at his feet, bowing to him." Juan lit a cigar, "I want you to send a few men to watch the palace. Let me know if any of our competitors come calling on the President."

"Si, Senior."

************

Denton, TX - 0900

Omar Sanchez sat across from Gabriella in her home. They were reminiscing about the old times, and happy they were finally rekindling the old fire that once was there. Omar had left Mexico after he heard about his brothers' death in Los Angeles. Along with the large sum of money they had accumulated over the years, he was now hiding out with Gabriella. Neither had spoken to Mark since Mario and Luisa were killed and wondered if he had received the same fate.

A knock on the door disturbed their conversation, as Gabriella went to the door. Opening it she found a tall blond woman standing before her. "Hello? May I help you?" Asked Gabriella.

The blond-haired person smiled at her, "Would this be the residence of Gabriella Woods?"

Gabriella was quite skittish, so she asked, "Who is asking if I may?"

"Pardon me, my name is Lorrie Maywood, I am a dear friend of Mark Lawson's. He asked me to come see if Ms. Woods was doing well."

The older lady smiled, "Please come in." She ushered the young woman into the lounge area where Omar sat. "Please sit with us. I am Gabriella and this is Omar Sanchez."

Lorrie's eyes widened, "Oh I am so glad to make both of your acquaintances. Mark has spoken so highly of the two of you. I am glad you are doing well."

Omar smiled, "Where is mi hijo Mark?"

She looked at both, "All I can tell you is he is doing well and located somewhere in Nevada."

Gabriella frowned, "He hasn't hooked up with any of those Vegas whores has he?"

"No! He is not that kind of man. In fact, he has his heart on guard, he loved Maria too much. He feels like he betrays her if he looks at another woman." Lorrie did not think they needed to know about Kelsey quite yet.

"Oh, I'm so sorry dear, so why did he actually send you?" Omar chimed in, feeling like there was an alternative motive to the visit.

"He is looking for a specialty physician, and they need to be off the books. He thought you might know of some names."

Omar raised an eyebrow, "Totally off the books?"

"Yes, but he needs them to be discreet and damn good at what they do. His life depends on it."

Gabriella put her hand over her mouth, "This sounds so serious, what trouble is he in?"

"Not trouble, just the wrong crowd so to speak. He needs new scenery so to speak."

************

June 28th, 2019

Area 6 Nevada - 1100

Kelsey opened her eyes to find herself lying on a soft bed in a dimly lit room. She felt pain throughout her body, trying to move. The nurse caught movement in the corner of her eye and ran over to the young girl to calm her down. She buzzed the doctor in to examine the young girl at the same time.

The news spread throughout the compound that Kelsey had woken finally. Monica and Rosa were excited to tell Mark, but found he was not in his cell. Rosa went straight to the Colonel's office and without knocking barged through the door. "Where is Lawson?!" She demanded, with Monica close to her heels.

Dickenson was on the phone, and looked at the women, before he finally continued his conversation. "As I was saying Madam President, once I have heard more, I will let you know." He hung up the phone and folded his hands in his lap as he glared at the women. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Rosa wasn't intimidated, "You know what I'm doing, where is Lawson?"

"He is in his cell, where Wesley has held him since he returned."

"No, he isn't, we just came from there, he's gone." Monica raised her voice.

Standing up, Dickenson strode over to the door and walked out, with both women trailing behind. When he came upon Adam Wesley's door, he did not bother knocking, bursting in just like Rosa had done to him. Wesley was startled and yelled at them. "You better have a good..."

He was interrupted by Dickenson before he could finish, "You are treading on thin ice Wesley, what have you done with Lawson. I want to know now, and no bullshit."

"He will be transported to a C-130 waiting for him. He is to be taken to Washington D.C. for crimes committed against the United States."

"What the hell...You are insane, what crimes?" Dickenson asked, almost climbing over the desk.

"Colonel, it wasn't my decision, this came from the DOJ. I'm doing what I was told to do."

Rosa and Monica ran out of the office down the hall and out the door. They boarded the elevator climbing to the surface. Upon reaching they went to the workshop that Scott had been working. Meanwhile Dickenson picked up Wesley's phone and called Ellen Cook. "Madam President, I have just been informed that my best agent is being detained and sent to Washington D.C. from the DOJ! What is going on there?"

He listened to the other end for what seemed like minutes, then hung up the phone wiping the sweat formed on his brow. He looked at Wesley and grabbed him by the collar. "Call them now and stop them from boarding that plane or so help me, I'll break every bone in your body, starting with your skull."

Wesley was scared, shaking, and it looked like he peed his pants. "I'm following orders just like you..." He managed to get out from the breath being taken from him.

Two guards were traveling with Lawson in the back. The caged backend of the SUV was separating him from them, so he could not make a move inside the vehicle. He knew that there would be more armed security of some sort, maybe military where they were heading. The one driving spoke excitedly to the other guard, "Hey I have a vehicle coming up on us fast."

Lawson turned to look over his shoulders, and found a black midnight special Suburban closing in on the small SUV they were in. He smiled wondering who was behind the wheel of his vehicle. He heard and felt the bump from the bigger SUV. The guard was not experienced as the one driving the Suburban, and with each bump, he was oversteering trying to keep the smaller SUV on the dirt road.

Mark then heard the large V8 engine behind him whir as it came with such force, that the vehicle he was in started to fishtail. This time the guard could not get it under control, and Lawson felt himself being toppled over several times. He was still in his seat belt, but the guards had not been. He hoped they were not dead, but only knocked out. The glass window to his right shattered, as he found a female stooping low, crawling into the vehicle.

Monica cut the seatbelt, as Lawson came down onto his shoulder. He winced at the pain, as he noticed female hands in the driver seat getting the keys from the driver. Monica helped him out of the vehicle and as the sun stared down at him, he found Rosa bending down with the keys trying to find the right one for his cuffs and ankle bracelets.

"What the hell?" He started to ask.

Monica elbowed Rosa, "Does he sound grateful? Maybe we should just leave him here."

The two women laughed as they freed him. He stood as he dusted himself off and started to walk back to the SUV. That is when he noticed Scott behind the wheel of the Suburban. He climbed into the passenger seat, while the women hurriedly climbed into the back seats. Scott did not say anything, just put the vehicle in reverse and took off the opposite way toward Area 6.

"Where are we going Scotty? We can't go back there; they will most likely kill all three of you for treason."

Rosa leaned forward and touched his shoulder. "You aren't going there, we are. We have something we have to get from there."

About fifteen minutes later, they came upon a tractor-trailer, black in color. Scott looked at him, "Go to the door on the side, and put your eye to the scanner, it will let you in. Get ready for us, we will be coming in hot most likely." Lawson climbed out of the SUV and watched as it went flying back down the dirt road. In amazement Lawson wondered where Scotty learned to drive like that.

***********

When the three arrived back on base, the vehicle was inspected very closely. Rosa went inside to find Dickenson, while Monica went to the infirmary. Scott sat idle outside the door waiting for the women to return.

Rosa came upon Dickenson in the hallway, as she bumped him against the wall and very quietly told him she was leaving the facility with Kelsey. "You can't do that Rosa; they will come after you."

"It's ok Colonel, I left my notice on my desk, I quit. I have Lawson, so please give me twenty minutes before you sound the alarm."

Dickenson looked the Hispanic woman in the eyes. He had a choice to either turn her in now or let her go. She was helping Lawson, which he agreed with. He knew Lawson would carry on the mission he was assigned to do anyway, so he nodded his head. "How about thirty minutes."

She grinned and ran back the way she came heading toward the infirmary. There she came upon Monica and the nurse wheeling Kelsey out of the room. "We don't have much time; we need to go now." The nurse grabbed a few things and put them in a bag while the two were taking Kelsey to the elevator.

When the elevator opened, two guards stood, and both were shocked to find what was before them. They pointed their weapons at the two women and started to bark orders at the two. The nurse came behind the women and yelled out, "Why are we stopped, this patient needs to go now!"

One of the guards looked at the nurse, "What are you talking about? Why are you moving this patient?"

The nurse looked at the man and without hesitating said, "We have to get her to a hospital now, she's developed a cerebral venous thrombosis, and if we can't get the swelling down, she will die. Now do you want to explain to Colonel Dickenson why she is still here, soldier!"

"No ma'am" the two guards moved out of the elevator and helped the nurse load Kelsey in, as the three women stepped in. When the door closed and the lift started to ascend, the nurse let out a sigh.

Rosa smiled, "You are a talented girl!"

The nurse smirked, "If you only knew."

************

June 30th, 2019

Little Italy, Manhattan, New York

Vincent DiNunzio and Benjamin Russo, his consigliere, were upstairs of the LaStarza's Lounge talking about an important matter. Downstairs, Lucky Frankie and Two Chins were talking it up with a couple of ladies that were half their age. Most of the clientele were part of the family in some way, so it was a surprise when two Hispanic men walked into the establishment that afternoon.

Ronny 'Sticky Fingers' walked over to the men, "May I help you?"

Juan smiled, "We thought this would be a great place to meet friends. Isn't that right Refugio?" The man beside him nodded and smiled with him.

Sticky Fingers would not budge as the two men advanced to sit at a table. He put his hand on Juan's chest, stopping the sharp dressed man in his tracks. Lucky Freddy nudged Two Chins to go over and calm the scene. As he approached, Two Chins could tell that the Hispanic men were about to tear into the kid.

Two Chins stepped in between the men, "I'm sorry for my friend here, we don't get strangers in here very often."

Juan looked at the man, finding him well dressed, looking more important than the kid. "The thing is, I want to be friends. If you understand what I'm saying."

Joey Two Chins nodded at Lucky Frankie to come over. "Sticky, why don't you go cool off somewhere." The three watched the young man walk off in a huff as Frankie walked up.

"What's up Joey?" Frankie asked.

"This guy wants to be friends, I thought you'd want to talk to him."

Frankie sized the two men up in front of him. Remembering the conversation from earlier in the week with Armando he knew talking to them would be beneficial. He put his hand up, curling his finger at the men, "C'mon with me."

Leading them to a corner table away from everyone else, they sat with Frankie telling Joey to get some drinks for them. "OK, you have my attention, so let's talk and see if we can be friendly or not."

Juan smiled, "I like you already. Not only are you straight to the point, but you are very hospitable. What my associate and I are here for is an opportunity for our organizations to combine to become more powerful on both sides of the borders."

He chuckled, "We have suppliers already, why would we want to be in bed with someone we don't know?"

'Because if you don't, I could make your life a living hell when I take over your territories."

Frankie looked over at the two men behind the bar and nodded his head. They went to the end of the bar and whispered to someone who in turn went upstairs. "Look, I don't know who you are, but in a place like this where you are outnumbered, you have pretty big kahunas to be threatening me."

"I am not stupid Mr. Simone." He noticed the surprise on his face. "Yes, I know who you and everyone else in this place is. I also did not come alone. Besides my friend here, there are several of my men mixed in around the area, and they are not Hispanic. So, let's not play a game of machismo, and get down to business."

A large man and another of smaller stature with glasses walked to the table. Frankie stood up, moving out of the way, allowing the two men to sit across from Juan and Refugio. Vincent spoke in a harsh tone. "You come into my joint and try to push your weight around Guijosa. I am not Caudillo, nor am I Tejada. I've been in this business since I was ten years old, and I don't scare easily."

Juan smiled, "I never thought that about you Mr. DiNunzio, but it was fun seeing your men piss their pants." Refugio and Juan chuckled under their breath as Frankie reached into his jacket feeling for the butt of his gun.

Vincent waved off Frankie. "If you wanted to talk to me in the first place, all you had to do was say so. This is my Consigliere Benjamin Russo." The two men shook Russo's hand. Vincent looked at Frankie, "Tell everyone to get back to what they were doing, we have business here. Give us some privacy and bring some drinks for our friends."

Juan smiled and was gracious when Vincent handed him a cigar. "I take it Armando warned you about me."

"Yeah, he did, but of course, I look into everything and everybody myself. Seems you do as well which I admire."

"I appreciate the compliment sir, but we both know why I am here today."

"I think I do, but like Frankie I am sure already told you, I already have suppliers that do very well for me."

Refugio presents a briefcase and places it on the table in front of the men. He opens it just enough to show Vincent what's inside. "This is pure, uncut heroine. I also can get you fentanyl, methamphetamines, cocaine, and marijuana. All quality fifty times better than your current supplier. All I ask is thirty percent, and some leeway in your operational area for my friends."

Russo looked over at Vincent and raised his eyebrows. The thirty percent was lower than the thirty-five they were currently receiving from the Colombians. "Mr. Guijosa, we will need to test the product of course, and of course discuss your terms.

Juan smiled, "Of course Mr. Russo. Let me remind you though, the offer is for a limited time. I have heard the Columbians are thinking about raising their prices. They have been experiencing wildfires lately." Refugio reached into the briefcase and took out one wrapped brick of heroin and put it in a bag handing it over to Russo. "Consider this a gift, don't go sniffing it in one night, it is pure."

As the two Hispanic men left, Russo looked at his boss, "Sir, I haven't heard of any wildfires." Vincent handed the wrapped brick to Two Chins and watched as he went upstairs to test the product. "They haven't started yet Russo. That's why."

**************

July 2nd, 2019

Big Sky, Montana

Lorrie and Scott pulled into the campsite where they joined the others. Lorrie had a suitcase with her that was like what was given to Mark before. He figured it was from Omar and Gabriella, and from the weight, it seemed substantial. Rosa and the nurse were inside the trailer watching over Kelsey, as Monica and Mark were outside keeping watch over the area.

123456...8