All Comments on 'The Gift'

by Milo_Grigsby

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Beautiful

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Very nice.

bobbycull55bobbycull5511 months ago

Pleasant. Predictable. Well Written

Rbtctrl1957Rbtctrl195711 months ago

Wow! Excellent!!

PrfsrPrfsr11 months ago

When referring to paper, envelopes, and such, the word is “stationery.” If referring to things that do not move, it is “stationary.”

chytownchytown11 months ago

*****Good storytelling with a warm ending. Thanks for sharing.

Spyder23Spyder2311 months ago

Very entertaining. 5 stars.

Milo_GrigsbyMilo_Grigsby11 months agoAuthor

@bobbycully55 Yeah, this story was one giant trope and was quite blatantly derivative of My Fair and Lady Pygmalion, both of which I mention in the story. But it was a helluva lot of fun to write.

Plus I would have loved to cast a younger Collin Firth as Freddy.

Note also - Freddy was the name of the young man who fell in love with Eliza in My Fair Lady. In the film he was played by Jeremy Brett, who went on in later life to play Sherlock Holmes in the BBC series.

BOOM!! <mic drop>

(grinning)

Bronco56Bronco5611 months ago

Excellent story. And it was a helluva lot of fun to read. 5stars

Milo_GrigsbyMilo_Grigsby11 months agoAuthor

@Prfsr - Whoops!! Thanks for catching that. Embarrasing!!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Interesting story!

5

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

Great gift. Glad that the cockney accent was a put on. I think that even if she had been a 10, the gum popping and cockney accent would have been too much to overcome. Nice story and ending, thanks.

ErocratErocrat10 months ago

Great read. I had to look up 'germiane' and surmise you meant 'germane', which makes for an even better pun. I lol'ed anyway. Only drawback is I couldn't stop thinking about five or ten years from now, when the next installment of the deceased wife's comforting shows up on the doorstep... 5/5.

Milo_GrigsbyMilo_Grigsby10 months agoAuthor

@Erocrat Sigh ... I really need to proofread better. That's two gaffs in the same story. Thanks for catching it and for appreciating the pun despite the typo. AND for the nice words and rating!

texlootexloo6 months ago

I quite enjoyed that! I am a big fan of this sort if English story! A little bit of humorous wish fulfillment is in fact my cup of coffee. (Not tea, as I am a Yank who uses a microwave a little baggy to make 'tea'. Seriously though, Southern style iced tea, on a warm, humid summer day, sitting on a wooden rocker, under the shade of a porch, is wonderful. Mostly it has lemon slices added to it, but my Mom uses fresh mint instead, and it is heavenly.)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMilo_Grigsby@Milo_Grigsby
"The opposite of war isn't peace - it's CREATION!!" - J. Larson Milo Grigsby dabbles in erotic writing and digital art. Find my erotic images at https://www.deviantart.com/milogrigsby2 Madly, deeply and forever in love with my precious Charlotte. DISCLAIMER - All models depi...

story TAGS