The Girl from the Ouachita Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did we go off and leave it unlocked?" he asked as he set the bags down on the counter.

She breezily replied, "No, I used your spare key today when I explored the grounds and forgot to put it back, so I let us in."

Chris played mule for the next twenty minutes, while Jo dealt the things he brought in and put them away. After everything was inside, he helped put it away, according to Jo's organizational plan

By nine-thirty the kitchen was as well organized as his mother's, which was saying something. Jo put her hands on her hips, looked around, and asked, "Well, what do you think?"

"It looks great, and your organization makes sense to me; I think I'll actually be able to find things. Thank you!"

Jo gave him an indefinable look, tilted her head, and asked, "What would you think of a mug of hot chocolate before we go to bed?"

Although he was nearing exhaustion, he thought that was a splendid idea. He got out the milk; she mixed the chocolate in, microwaved it for a short time, and added miniature marshmallows. He sat on a barstool; she sat on another, and they sipped their hot drinks in companionable silence.

Jo was sitting across the bar looking out the window over the sink. She appeared focused on the lights outside, so Chris chanced a long look at her.

The recessed spotlights gleamed off her hair, creating a golden aura around her face. Lost in thought, she sipped her hot chocolate and stared out the window while he stared at her. Her delicate facial features sat atop a slender neck and perfectly proportioned shoulders. The loose-fitting hoodies she wore each day did a good job of hiding her breasts, yet there were hints of the substance beneath.

The faded, tight jeans, however, hid nothing below her hips: a flat stomach and high, tight, round rump was perched atop shapely stems, which ended in small ankles and feet. Her toes, normally nothing Chris would notice, were perfectly formed and positioned, and the toenails were painted pale blue with silver sparkles.

The best one-word description he could come upon was "adorable", but that did not seem to do justice to her head-to-toe perfection.

He wanted to turn her lovely face to him and superimpose Marquardt's Golden Ratio Mask over it; just as it had fit Grace Kelly perfectly, he was certain it would fit Jo.

Perhaps he held his gaze too long, or held his breath too long, but she broke her reverie, turned to him, and solemnly asked, "Why are you looking at me that way, Chris?"

He wanted to tell her the truth, but there was a good chance she would react badly and he didn't want her to leave. He gave her a big smile and sung, "you ain't bad for a country girl, all tight in your faded jeans."

"Are you flirting with me, Mr. Alexander?" she asked with faux disbelief, hand over her heart like the southern belle whose persona she assumed at will.

He chuckled, "No, Miss Kennedy, merely rendering an informed opinion."