The Girl from the Ouachita Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The beaches further north toward the pier were crowded, and they could see flags flying above tents, RVs, and canopies when they walked that direction.

By early afternoon, there were carloads of college students cruising up and down the beach. Each day, upon spotting the girls, a carload or two of boys would stop and pull up close to the camp, and the mating dance would begin. Chris and Dale acted as camp counselors, even to the point of asking the boys if anyone had a cold or was running fever, before letting them near the camp. They got some strange looks, but Dale wasn't willing to miss baseball games with the virus, or let Diane catch it, and Chris wasn't about to let any of his three charges get the stuff if it could be helped.

No one was sure what the death rate from COVID-19 was worldwide, but the WHO said 3.4%. The American president disagreed, citing 22 American deaths from 544 confirmed cases, and kept prophesying it would go away "soon, with the arrival of warm weather." While it didn't seem that deadly so far, it did seem extremely contagious and capable of exceeding the 27,000 to 70,000 annual flu deaths the president used in comparison, because of the sheer numbers that could be infected.

In spite of the obvious lack of concern of most young people they encountered, Dale, Chris, and their ladies remained cautious in making new contacts. When they went to Virginia's on the Bay that night, they ate in the less crowded area upstairs, at an outside table, and they decided not to go to Shorty's afterward due to the crowded conditions they saw when they walked over.

Chris knew none of that might matter if it was super-contagious, through the air or by incidental contact, but no one seemed to know what to do, so he used common sense and scientific training to try to reduce the chances.

Tuesday was more of the same: warm day, beach time, sunbathing, eating, drinking, and resting in the shade, but that afternoon they went shopping. Emboldened by Diane and other girls they had seen and talked to, the three nineteen year-olds bought new bikinis, shorts, and halter tops that were quite eye catching. Dale and Chris rolled their eyes at each other, considering how much more beach traffic they would have to deal with when they wore those!

Wayne, his buddies, and 3 young women showed up at the camp on Wednesday around eleven. It seemed that everyone except Bar The Great had snagged a girl since they last saw them on Sunday, and he was sporting a black eye. He was even more surly than normal and was again drinking a mixed drink in a 32-ouce cup.

As usual, they had a dozen collegians at the party tent the larger group had set up a few score steps away, and they were coming and going between the striped cabana and the party tent, which they kept rocking with big speakers and a mix of country and southern rock music.

They were mostly Aggies, but not stereotypical... except they were flying three maroon and white ATM flags. Dale had a gold and black Vanderbilt flag along, and Kate had brought a TCU purple and white flag, so they proudly tied them high on the cabana posts with twine. Chris didn't have an orange and white UT flag along, which he figured might be misidentified by the Aggies anyway, so he parked his orange Jeep Wrangler Sahara so the several University of Tennessee stickers were obvious.

The combined groups were discussing going dancing somewhere that night, but Chris was against it. They were all exposed to one another already, but he didn't want to chance a few hundred more exposures to new people. He slipped back to the condo complex and spoke with the manager, and then returned.

When he got back he saw that Jo and her roomies were in the other tent with several other girls, and a host of boys; they were dancing to Kate's Beach Boys album. They were all having fun but nothing appeared questionable, which was consistent with how it had been since they had begun intermingling and interacting Monday afternoon. They were just college kids having a good time, in a way that showed their respect for one another. He walked over to join them.

When the music died for a moment, he projected his construction manager voice and made an offer. "I know a lot of us are interested in going dancing tonight, but you all know how concerned I am about this new virus, so I looked for an alternative. The manager is letting us use the complex's social hall tonight for a dance, as long as we end it by midnight and we leave it as clean and orderly as we find it.

"I just came from there, and it's a nice place with good acoustics and some high-end Bluetooth speakers. Maybe we can get a few people to share their dance playlist and we can try different kinds of music.

"What do you think? Better than a smoky bar that might be filled with the virus, right?"

About 10 minutes of excited conversations ensued, mostly among the girls, before one stepped forward as spokesperson. "We like the idea, BUT... we want to dress up a little! Nothing formal, but not board shorts and flip-flops either. We'll be wearing sundresses or rompers: are you guys willing to wear something nice, and dancing shoes?"

They were, but that caused a buzz of conversation among the men as they compared ideas about what would meet the standard she had set.

Once they settled on the proper dress options, Chris gave parking instructions; the social hall has its own parking outside the gates, but the entrance was not obvious. The women were interested in decorating the hall, but Chris squelched that by reminding them the hall had to be clean before they left at midnight

They were breaking camp to go change when one of the boys loudly announced, "Damn! Maybe this Corona IS dangerous -- they just cancelled the Houston Rodeo!" That set off another buzz -- the 'Worlds' Biggest Rodeo' brought tens of millions in revenue to the city each year, so cancelling it was not done lightly.

Another added, "I didn't say anything earlier because who cares what WHO does, but they labelled Coronavirus a 'worldwide pandemic' earlier today."

They all left in a more thoughtful frame of mind.

When they got back to the condo, Chris got an announcement that all CU classes would be online for the rest of the semester. Soon thereafter Jo, Donna, and Diane read their emails and learned that TCU had extended spring break through March 20, after which their classes would be online only. Diane and Dale looked through their email, but neither had received notice.

The crowd at the dance was about two-thirds of those invited, but those present enjoyed each other, the music, and the dancing -- with one exception. Barry the Magnificent had gotten drunker and more aggressive since leaving the beach, and Jo seemed to be his primary target.

As the quasi-host, Chris was kept busy from 8-9 getting things underway. When he went looking for Jo, one of the boys said that she had gone outside with Barry. That was a concern; not because he feared Jo had fallen for the obnoxious bastard's bullshit, but because he knew Barry was capable of anything. He slipped out the door to the parking lot to find them.

He didn't see them in Wayne's car or any of the others, but he heard voices from the south side of the building. He peeped around the corner and saw them sitting in chairs facing each other; they were leaning forward, and Jo had both his hands in hers. It looked suspicious, but overhearing their conversation resolved that.

Jo was speaking quietly, telling Barry he needed to call his wife first thing tomorrow morning, when he was sober, apologize for all he had done, and ask for an opportunity to talk in person. Big, Bad Barry was quietly sobbing and shaking his head. "She's not going to give me another chance! She was too badly hurt by my actions, and by all the lies I threw at her when I got caught.

"I knew she would leave me, so I told her I didn't care, that I was tired of her old-ass anyway, and I could have as many twenty-year olds as I wanted. She was crushed -- there's no way she's getting over that, and her divorce petition proves it! She wants our two kids, the house, and half of everything, plus child support. I'll be broke, living in a crappy apartment!"

"Barry, the courts will give her those things anyway -- she's not asking for anything extra! I'm sure she's totally pissed at you, but the divorce petition doesn't prove it -- if anything, that's a very kind petition.

"But if you don't have the balls to call her and try to work it out, I guess you can stay drunk, continue being a flaming asshole hitting on teenagers, and getting slapped silly. You'll get fired and maybe sued, but, hey, partytime!"

Barry's sobbing increased until Jo intervened.

"Todd says your wife is a 10, inside and out; you're both 32 years old, and you have two kids. You clearly love her, and your kids. Aren't you old enough and man enough to admit you messed up and ask her for forgiveness? Even if she won't take you back, don't you want a relationship with your kids? I just don't understand what's going on in your head!"

Barry sobbed in silence for a good two minutes before his sobs subsided. He raised his head, squared his shoulders, looked at Jo, and said, "You're very wise for a teenager. Apparently, I'm a thirty-something idiot who hasn't grown up yet, but I'm going to fix that. I'm through drinking; tomorrow I'll drink two cups of coffee and call her as soon as I know she's up.

"She's going to tell me to go to hell -- I certainly would -- but at least I'll get to hear her voice!"

"Barry, you charmed her into marrying you -- have you forgotten how to be charming? All I've seen is arrogant ass, but I suspect you can be quite charming, and attractive - if you lose 25 pounds and get a grown man haircut.

"Will you call me after you talk to her? If I haven't heard from you by 8:30 I'm going to bring Chris and Dale to kick your ass, so maybe that will provide more motivation."

Barry chuckled, "Actually, I'm more afraid of you! I'll call you by 8, unless by some miracle she wants to talk longer."

Chris slipped back inside; Jo's chosen profession seemed to come easy to her -- she was going to make a great counselor!

****

Jo and Chris danced most of the remaining dances, whether they liked the music or not. She didn't mention Barry, who had disappeared. Donna and Kate seemed to have four young men vying for their attentions, and Diane and Dale were inseparable.

They told everyone goodbye at midnight, locked up, and walked back to the condo. They were enjoying spring break, but the worsening of the 'Novel Coronavirus' was becoming very concerning. They discussed whether to stay or head back, but put the decision off until tomorrow. Jo and Chris stayed up another hour discussing 'what ifs' for themselves, and then made tender love. 'Tender love' was quite a change from the athletic and energetic love-making of the other nights on the trip, but very satisfying.

Everyone was up early, but they drank their coffee inside, while watching the morning news shows. Sobered by the developing situation, they were trying to get a handle on the spread of the disease, the CDC's guidance, and impending government mandates.

Jo's phone rang at 8:20; she left the room before she answered. She was gone for about ten minutes, and returned with a self-satisfied smile. Donna asked whom she was talking to, but she just replied, "A friend." Everyone looked at Chris, who merely shrugged and turned back to the TV.

"So he made the call?" he asked her quietly, when she was again seated next to him. "How...?" she began, but he grinned and replied, "I can read your mind -- better keep it clean!"

"You shit -- you were eavesdropping! Didn't you trust me?" she asked with a frown.

"I trust you, not Barry. You did a great job with him, by the way -- you're a natural!"

She beamed, kissed him on the cheek, and said, "I can handle the Barrys of the world, especially when I can see the pain in their eyes, but I know you feel compelled to take care of me, so I forgive you."

After more alarming news about the spreading of the virus, and the terse emails from their respective universities, they decided to enjoy the beach today and head back a day early. Vanderbilt sent notice to Diane and Dale, who was more stressed that baseball had been put on hold than that his classes were moving online.

That news only added to the discussion about where to be while the virus played out. Maybe they would get lucky and summer would kill it off, but the WHO scoffed at the idea, marking it hard to make plans based on something that probably won't happen. Donna, Diane, and Kate were seriously considering going home until things changed, and Dale was from a smaller town near Vanderbilt, so he was too.

Chris and Jo wandered down the beach alone, discussing options. Since the construction in Boulder would continue, he felt he should be there. He did not want to be away from Jo, who didn't want to be away from him, so they decided to close the house up and move to Colorado for the foreseeable future. Both would rather wait it out at their home, but duty called and they responded.

They tried to have a day like the other days, but everything was subdued. The Aggies showing up after noon to take down their tent was the final knell to spring break partying. Still, they ate lunch, sunbathed -- they were already a nice golden brown, and they wanted to keep it -- and braved the water about three. It was warmer, or they were more acclimated, because it wasn't that bad. They tried body surfing, built sand castles, and then took the cabana down, cleaned it off, and bundled it back in the big bags.

Chris and Dale drove the beach buggies back, laden with the stuff from their camp, and loaded it in the trailer. When the girls turned to look back at their camp from the walkway, there were no remaining traces of the fun that had been had in their little slice of spring break heaven; they were sad.

****

Diane and Dale agreed to follow them to Fort Worth, so Donna could pick up the things she would need, or at least as much as they could carry. They, and Kate, would spend the night, and then head out tomorrow. Kate was taking what she could carry on the plane Daddy was sending to pick her up, knowing she had everything she really needed at home, other than her laptop and school supplies.

On the way back Chris called Roberto and talked to him about keeping an eye on the house, and offered him the unplanted plants and the fruit of the plants already planted in the garden. He and his wife offered to plant the rest in a few weeks in return for a share of the produce, which he quickly accepted. They agreed to stop by tomorrow so he could show them how to check the automatic drip irrigation system for the garden and the automatic sprinklers for the yard, and get an electronic gate opener.

They decided to drive the Jeep and pull the trailer to Boulder so they could take what they would need if things worsened and travel was restricted.

The Nashville bunch was leaving early and Kate's plane was due mid-morning. Jo and Chris had more to do, so they planned to see the sunrise in the rear view mirrors Sunday morning from somewhere at least a hundred miles west.

They had an emotional Friday night together, and an even more emotional Saturday morning before separating. Dale and the Alexander girls were headed east for Tennessee at 7:30, and Kate's Uber appeared at 9:30. More hugs and promises, and Jo was alone with Chris. There was much to do, but she had a devilish grin and a place she wanted to initiate first: the third floor porch.

Strangely, she wanted to kneel on the padded chair on the porch and do it doggie. When he laughed and said, "Sure, I love to hold that amazing ass while I fuck your hot pussy, but what brought this on?"

She explained that she had wanted to screw him in that position on the lounger every time they were on the beach.

Her brown body set off that white ass even more, and he couldn't keep his hands or lips off it as she knelt and watched over her shoulder. Her head dropped and she moaned when his tongue began probing her insides, and lapping at the copious dew. Soon she had orgasm number 1, and was begging for his cock.

He lined up, pushed in, and accommodated her need while she cried her love and lust for him. With hands now free, he began playing with her swinging breasts and twisting her hard nipples, which begat orgasm number 2. Her third and final erupted when Chris did, after which he sat on the lounger and held her in his arms.

Berto and Lupe arrived mid-afternoon, as promised. Chris showed them how to set the water timers, turn them off if not needed, and then they took them on a walk around the gardens, flowerbeds, and grounds. They were impressed, but more impressed with the tour of the house. Berto hadn't seen it since they had finished repairs and remodeling, and he heaped praise on Jo for the furnishings and decorations.

"Are you sure you want to go off and leave this place for months? Why not just have Trey reassign you to projects here, and send someone else to Colorado?" he asked.

Jo and Chris looked at one another; this wasn't something either had considered. Chris had a job in Boulder that came with the company paying for his Masters in Architectural Engineering at CU; ergo, he had to go back to Colorado.

Or did he?

The job in Boulder was to allow him to serve the company and keep his salary while going to school in Boulder. Now that school was online, did serving the company still mean Boulder? If he did a similar job in Fort Worth, would the CU professor overseeing his "internship", which all knew meant continuing to do a job he had been doing successfully elsewhere, accept his work at a new site as equitable?

This required further consideration.

Chris invited Lupe and Berto to go eat somewhere with them, but they declined due to concerns about catching the virus. He apologized and asked about eating takeout with them; again they declined, saying their oldest daughter was preparing their supper meal, but they appreciated his offers and would take him up on it another time.

After they left, Chris and Jo retreated to their favorite chairs on the back porch to rethink their immediate future. They were just beginning to understand how profoundly the Coronavirus had affected every part of their lives already, that it was just getting started, and that decisions made today may have to be rethought in the weeks or months ahead.

They needed to get out of the boxes "the old normal" had placed them in; the old paradigms weren't going to function in these exceptional and potentially unprecedented times.

They were up late, retreating inside and building a fire when the mid-March winds got too chilly, and they had one of those brainstorming sessions where the rules were "no such thing as a bad idea or bad question."

Nothing got packed, because nothing got decided.

****

Over coffee, with biscuits baking and bacon and eggs ready to fry, Chris shared his 'slept on' logic with Jo. She moved from her chair to his lap, kissed his cheek, and said, "I came to the same conclusions, based on emotion. I think we need to run with this and see what happens."

They made it to the Trinity Episcopal service at eleven, and then Chris checked his messages for a response from Trey. "Come on over -- lunch is on us. We need to talk."

On the way to the Beck's, Jo, in her most serious voice, told Chris, "During the time for silent prayer, I went over our plan in my mind and asked for guidance, and I swear I felt warmth spread through me. I'm not sure what that means, but I felt He liked our plan."

Chris returned her solemn tone, saying, "I'm not sure we're doing the right thing either, but based on my previous experiences, if the Lord is in favor then things will work out neatly. If He isn't, it will prove to be difficult. One thing is for sure; we will know a lot more about that in a few hours."