The Girl from the Ouachita Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They were made welcome by Sandy and Trey Beck, enjoyed a roast beef lunch, and had apple pie with Blue Bell ice cream for dessert. They all retired to the study; Trey looked at Chris and said, "So tell me what's on your mind."

Chris laid it out for his boss, and waited. Trey maintained a neutral expression throughout, sat pondering for an eternity after Chris finished, and then asked, "When are you going to talk to Dean Speck and Dr. Lawry? If they won't accept a job in Fort Worth for credit, I don't have a decision to make, do I?"

"I emailed them and asked them for a teleconference tomorrow morning at eight-thirty. I haven't heard back yet, but I think the key to that conversation will be my ability to tell them specifically what I will be doing. At least, if I were them I'd rather compare two jobs to determine if they were equitable rather than compare a hypothetical job to an existing job."

"Okay. Let me talk to Bob and Sam; I have an idea, but I'd like to get their input before I act. I'll call you tonight before nine."

They left with an 'extra' apple pie Sandy just happened to have laying around, and a wink combined with a slight nod toward her husband. Jo told her fiancé that was a good sign; he had no idea what she meant.

The four-way conference call began at 8:35. Chris again laid out his plan, answered questions, and explained what he thought he could bring to a project and to the home office here in Fort Worth while completing his classwork.

"And is the project you prefer the Stadium," asked Bob with a hint of mirth. "Sir, I will work happily at any job you assign me," Chris replied.

"That isn't what I asked, is it? Want to answer my question?"

"Yes, Sir, it is," Chris replied, "because I was in on the conception and I'd like to be there for the birth. But I do believe the things I've learned in terms of management, logistics, and purchasing will be helpful wherever I'm assigned."

There were chuckles from the phones, and then Trey Beck authoritatively said, "Tell your Dean and Professor that you will serve as an onsite project manager for the stadium project and other projects at our discretion, and also as 'procurement and scheduling management trainee'. We'll start with three days as project manager, and two days as trainee, but that may change as situations or new needs arise.

"They can call me, Bob, or Sam for details, but tell them the new jobs represent advancement based on merit, and will more than fulfill the expectations on which we originally agreed."

Chris was revved up that night. Poor Jo received the brunt of his energy and passion, a burden she bore quite enthusiastically. They had become such a 'couple' that each could read the other's responses, so this exceptional level of energy and excitement brought new passions into play.

They were happy about having the extra hour the next morning before they made the call into Rocky Mountain Time. That provided time for extra coffee to clear Chris' fuzzy brain of the remnant hormones from their night of energetic passion.

The Dean had no problems with the proposal, stating it offered Chris the opportunity to apply his graduate school learning. Dr. Lawry was struggling with the whole concept of 'online courses', and he was reluctant to oversee an internship occurring 800 miles away. After getting assurances from his star pupil and encouragement from his Dean, he agreed to give Trey, Bob, and Sam a chance to ally his concerns via Microsoft Teams videoconference, which was immediately scheduled at 1pm RMT.

Chris wasn't in the videoconference, but Trey had him on speakerphone so he could hear Dr. Lawry's concerns, and text his response, if necessary; it wasn't.

Trey gave an overview of the new position, created specifically for Chris; Bob was precise regarding his duties at the worksite, and Sam went into detail on his central office responsibilities as a trainee. Given that the new position was several levels above Chris' 'assistant project manager' responsibilities at the Boulder site, and with Trey sweetening the pot with the offer of a ride on the company plane to conduct his observation of Chris at work, Dr. Lawry capitulated.

It was done!

Chris waited until the VC ended, and then profusely thanked his three bosses. Trey chuckled and replied, "Keep that in mind when we work your butt off, young man! This ain't some bird's nest on the ground we're offering -- it's gonna be a test of your intellect and your stamina to do the two jobs, make A's in your classes, keep up with things around that monstrosity of an estate you're reviving, and take care of your young, energetic fiancée, who we know is listening in. Hi, Jo!"

"Hi, Trey, Sam, Bob! Thanks for thinking about me, but remember that I'll be here to help Chris manage and balance everything!

"You can't possibly imagine how happy your decision makes us! Monstrosity or not, I can't envision anyplace I'd rather be sheltered during this pandemic, and you've made it possible! I already loved you guys, but I love you even more now!"

The hardcore executives hemmed and hawed about it being best for everyone, fawned over her by saying they knew how much help she'd be, and she preened orally at their responses. Jo might be young and from a deprived background, but she knew the effect a pretty girl has on men, and she knew the studies that confirmed it.

Chris ended the call with another heartfelt thank you, and they embraced joyfully. "We've got to do something special for Roberto and Lupe! Maybe feed them and their kids, or buy them something special! Without his pointing out what should have been obvious, we would be in Boulder right now crammed in that little apartment worrying about this house, our garden, and flowerbeds, and you'd be trapped there all day while I worked! Berto may not have my degrees, but he's got way more common sense!"

"Call him as soon as he's off work!" Jo proposed. "We owe him so much, but we can begin with a simple thank you, and ask him what we can do to show our appreciation.

"In the meantime, you and I need to go upstairs and have our own private celebration. Later we can update your family and Kate. I know they're going to be so happy for us!"

There was a trial of clothing up the stairs, all the way to the third floor, where they engaged in a very enthusiastic celebration.

****

Roberto laughed and said Chris couldn't see the forest for the trees.

He and Lupe wanted nothing more than some of the fresh tomatoes and vegetables from the garden, but agreed to a hamburger and hot dog supper for the family when things settled down. He ended the call by he was looking forward to working with Chris again, and he'd see him tomorrow.

Jo and Diane had opened Zoom accounts because they would be needed for school, so they Zoomed the Alexanders, who were thrilled with the change of plans. They had a very pleasant conversation going until Mom opened a new can of worms. "Are you aware that churches are going online and many places are prohibiting gatherings of more than 50? I hope the president is right and it goes away as soon as it gets hot! If it doesn't, what are we going to do about your wedding?"

Chris looked puzzled: "I don't remember setting a date, so why do you ask, Mom?"

She looked puzzled herself, and then blushed. "I...we were hoping for a July wedding. Trey is going to give you some time off after you finish your classes, and so we thought..."

"Mom! Are you trying to take over my life, AGAIN? Jo and I are supposed to set a date, and THEN you start planning."

She looked abashed, but only for a moment. "Son, women know it takes a long time to put a wedding together! It's actually already too late, but we've done some pre-planning, so..."

"And now those plans are not going to work, are they? This thing isn't going away because it gets hot -- it's been spreading as rapidly during summer in the southern hemisphere as hit has here!

"As Berto pointed out, it's time to rethink things -- the old ways won't work during a pandemic, and this one is only getting worse.

"Besides, you guys, Diane and Dale, Donna and guest, Kate and her family, and my bosses and their families aren't nearly 50 people. 'You pre-planners' might try putting together a VERY ABBREVIATED guest list that includes only the closest relatives and friends, and see what that number looks like. There's a good chance we might have to just get married in our backyard now, and let you host a huge reception in Nashville when everyone is vaccinated and the pandemic is behind us.

"After all, the choice is kind of getting down to something like that, or waiting until the pandemic is done, which is possibly years away. I haven't talked to Jo about it, but with us doing our courses from home, there's nothing to keep us from getting married now, taking a honeymoon whenever we can, and you hosting a reception when it's allowed."

Jo, Diane, Donna, and Dan were all smiling, and everyone was watching Debora, who was all but apocalyptic regarding the possibility of a small wedding! Before she could recover and begin her response, Dan interrupted. "He's right, Debora. These times require sacrifices, and they require rethinking what we want and do within the framework of what can be done in these peculiar circumstances.

"Were already having to do it with our business, with our dining choices, grocery shopping, and in every other part of our lives. The colleges and schools are all closed, churches are being told not to hold services so the virus won't spread among members, only 'essential' businesses can open; I seriously doubt you are going to get absolution to have a 400 person wedding."

Debora sighed mightily, looked directly at the camera, and said, "Can you give me a little time to wrap my head around this? Maybe Jo and I can talk on the phone a few times over the next few days and help me rethink it.

"She deserves an amazing wedding, and so does my only son!"

****

They still had two distant problems to address - the apartment in Boulder, and his truck in the apartment parking lot. After consulting, they decided to fly up early Friday, abrogate the month-to-month apartment lease, say their goodbyes, and drive back in the Ram on Sunday.

Their friends in the adjoining apartment were living in a small house in the foothills, and had been since the fall semester began; Chris has not seen them even once. That meant the only people to say goodbye to were those who worked with Chris, and that was accomplished before they left the worksite Friday.

The campus and the streets were largely bereft of people, and most shops and businesses were closed, including the gym Chris frequented. Boulder was not quite a ghost town, but Friday evening it could pass for one.

Saturday they had to book a time to enter Rocky Mountain National Park, and, even though they knew the roads up into the mountains were closed in March, the scarcity of people compared to their last trip was shocking. The forested lowlands were quite nice, however, and when they came upon herds of elk and moose meandering around in a meadow with a stream running through it, they exited the vehicle and watched for a while.

It was cold, but not miserably so, emboldening them to try a short hike that began a few miles down the road from the Elk. The path followed a stream, and ended at a pristine lake surrounded by trees. They found a flat rock ledge, sat, ate a snack of trail mix and jerky, and marveled at the stillness. They whispered to each other, as if breaking the silence would destroy the impossibly picturesque setting.

They were completely alone in a setting almost too picturesque to be real. Jo spread legs is legs, sat between them, and leaned back against him, His arms wrapped around her and he nestled his head in her hair. He little ear was beside his mouth and it looked like it need to be warmed by his breath.

His hot breath on her ear caused Jo to moan softly and wriggle in his arms. His hands moved up to embrace her breasts, and she wriggled again, putting pressure on his hardening cock. He unzipped her quilted jacket and slipped a hand under the flannel shirt. His hand was chilly and her breast was hot; her nipple sprang to attention, and she moaned as he ran his calloused hand over it. She turned her head and sought his mouth; they kissed ardently, and her little hand found the hard thing poking her.

She squeezed it, and the big hand that wasn't on her breast spread her legs and pressed against the hot, wet little pussy between. She squeezed her legs around the hand and humped it, moaning feverishly.

"Stand up," Chris commanded, "and push your hiking pants and panties to your ankles." She complied, bending over with that magnificent ass bare to the cool air; her heart was racing. Chris picked her up under the armpits and set her down facing a boulder. He dropped his hiking pants and boxers to his ankles, kissed Jo's neck, and then bent her over until she put her hands on the boulder for support.

As soon as she did, he slipped his big, hard cock between her legs and separated her sodden labia as it slid from back to front. "Oh, God!" she wailed, and arched her back to give him better access to her molten core. His cock always filled her to overflowing, but with the clothes around her ankles keeping her legs together, it felt like a big, hot, smooth log forcing itself into her tight cunt.

Her moans turned to groans and whimpers, but she pushed back, trying to force all of it inside, to spread her fill her vagina.

Chris knew this would not be one of their marathon sessions: his cock was already highly sensitized, and his balls were overfilled; Jo was already thrashing about, wailing, whining, and begging him to fuck his hot little girlfriend harder and faster.

He did, and she set off the explosion that consumed them in rapture. She yowled, Chris roared, a flock of birds flew up, and wildlife scampered away from the lake. She collapsed forward onto her forearms, her hands too numb to hold her up, and panted. He turned her hips loose, pulled his slimy cock out of her, paused, grabbed her hips again, and then pushed his semi-hard cock between the cheeks of her amazingly perfect ass and pressed it against her rosebud.

"You promised me this flawless ass on our honeymoon; I can hardly wait!"

On the way back, they found a barbeque joint with outdoor seating scattered about for 'onsite dining'. It wasn't Texas or Tennessee barbeque, but it was passable if you scraped off the sweet sauce; the setting was great, and the owners lavished service on them. Eating there added to the almost surreal nature of their first 'pandemic' outing.

They were back at the apartment early, which gave them time to get everything ready to go, and still enjoy each other carnally several times and ways before bedtime, at ten.

****

The drive back began just after daybreak Sunday morning. There was a fresh dusting of snow, but not enough to impact their trip. Chris got them to Trinidad in time for a late breakfast, and then through Raton Pass and onto the flatlands. They stopped at Capulin Mountain to stretch, visit the information center, and walk around the old volcano a bit before they began the drive through the boring sameness of eastern New Mexico and the western Panhandle of Texas.

Jo wanted Chris to "fuck me in a volcano", but there really wasn't a good place, even though she was wearing a little dress, because the dearth of other guests meant they were the center or attention for the park rangers.

Jo drove for three hours, they ate again in Amarillo, and then Chris pushed the speed limit for the last five hours of the drive. They left at 7:00 am, arrived at 7:00 pm, and their beautiful old monstrosity never looked more inviting.

During the long drive, they split time between Sirius country, folk, and news stations, and the news was becoming much more concerning. Hospitals in some areas were filled to overflowing, doctors and medical personnel were fearful of the deluge of patients they foresaw coming, and the government couldn't seem to find traction on meeting the needs of the medical community, much less the citizenry.

Ventilators, K95 and surgical masks were in limited supply, and frontline workers were being exposed, catching the virus, and being quarantined away from family and friends. Businesses were forced to close, and cities were calling for citizens to avoid unnecessary travel. More and more families were stocking up on supplies and hunkering down, causing shortages of everything from toilet paper to milk to bottled water, and practically all kinds of canned food.

Chris extrapolated other developing trends from various news sources, and sent his bosses a meeting request for nine Monday morning to discuss possible work stoppages due to supply chain issues; all four accepted immediately, as did his dad, who would sit in via videoconference.

Jo was so tired from the trip she went to bed before ten and they slept all night; a rare occurrence.

When government officials had deemed construction work "essential", Trey, Chris' dad, and others in the business had breathed a sigh of relief. What Chris laid out this morning, however, brought back the high level of concern. Imports from China and other overseas locations were slowing, and steel was primarily imported. To make it much worse, longshoremen, warehouse workers, and truckers were catching the virus, creating worker shortages and unanticipated supply chain issues for critical building supplies even when the supplies were on ships at the dock or in the harbor.

At first, everyone around the table and his dad on Zoom wanted to hope for the best, but Chris was able to convince them that they needed to be concurrently preparing for the worst.

It was time to consider the options - layoffs and furloughs? And the aftermath -- would furloughed workers be paid? Would their company health insurance lapse if they weren't?

To deprive workers of wages and health insurance in the midst of a pandemic was cruel; yet, how do they keep paying wages and health insurance when the company has no income?

This was a sudden and un-anticipatable event, and neither Beck nor Alexander Construction was anywhere near prepared. They went from skeptical to crisis planning with urgency in the scope of an hour. Projects were prioritized; building and supply contracts were set for review and revision; and human resources departments began exploring options for keeping personnel employed or supported in various scenarios, including worst case. No one left the building before six, and they would resume the conference in two days to discuss emerging schemes and plans.

Chris called his dad on the way home, and was pleased to learn that the building materials had already delivered and stored at the lakeside site. That meant they could offer laid-off workers jobs at the lake, providing some monetary support, and expediting completion.

Chris also patted himself on the back for having filled the barn with cedar lumber for Jo's gazebo, and for the covering above the slab that would house his outdoor kitchen, pits, and tables. He caught that bit of lightening in a bottle when a supplier of Alaskan Yellow Cedar called him after the project they were delivering to in Boulder folded, and his truck driver was hospitalized with Covid. He offered the truckload at a small fraction of the value if the buyer would deliver it to his site and return the truck to Georgia.

Chris knew a recently retired driver who lived nearby; he approached him, offered a substantial fee, and guaranteed him the truck would be thoroughly sanitized before he picked it up. An airline ticket from Atlanta to Denver was included in the offer, but the driver laughed. He said he would do it, because the money would add nicely to his vacation fund, but he wanted the return trip to be in rental car instead of a plane. His wife would accompany him, and they had kids and grandkids in St. Louis and Kansas City they could visit on the way back. They shook hands; Chris called the supplier and wired him the funds.