The Girl in the Library

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tour complete, I suggested we set on the sofa to finish our talk. "Sydney, I enjoy some brandy after I am studying most evenings. Would you like to join me?"

"Yes, I would, Raegan. I've finally calmed down. I do like brandy and that might even relax me even more." She then chuckled. "I shouldn't say this, but you don't look old enough to drink."

"Technically, not yet. I'm only nineteen, but I don't get drunk. The technicality is that in this state consumption is permitted in a private residence. I don't go out after having anything to drink, though, because the BAC is only 0.02."

"I like to drink mine neat. How about you?"

"While I drink it neat, I also add orange or cranberry juice. More often than not, I like mine heated a little."

"I've done that before. I heat the glass with extra hot water, dump the water, then pour the brandy in. Will that work."

"Perfect."

I fixed our drinks and sat down beside her. First, let's clear up the reason why I own this house. My family is not rich. My father just happens to be an astute investor. If you noticed, there are about 20 of these cookie-cutter cottages on both sides of the street. A few years ago, a developer purchased all the properties, tore down the dilapidated houses that were here. He built these cottages, sold some to recover his costs and rented the rest. All are either owned by or rented to students.

My father determined it would be less expensive to pay a mortgage, along with insurance and taxes, than to pay for a single dorm room or rent an apartment. I promised to work to pay the utilities and my food. Even if the expenses of the house are a little more, he feels he will recover the difference when he sells after I graduate. My name is on the deed as joint owner in case anything happens to him. He did this for me because I didn't want a stranger as a roommate. As an only child, I admit that am a little spoiled."

"Clear something up for me. You're only nineteen, yet you are a Junior. Isn't that just a little young? Not really, my birthday is in November. In my home state you can start first grade as long as you are at least 5 years and 7 months old by September 1. I was a precocious child, so my parents let me start school when I was five."

I turned my stereo on, and we just sat there for a while, listening to the music, slowly sipping brandy and rolling the snifters in our hands. Finally, Sydney said, "Raegan, you lured me here by saying you wanted to discuss some idea and now you're plying me with alcohol. Was your idea to bring me home and to get me drunk and into bed? At least you didn't ask me to come see your etchings."

"Oh, god, no, Sydney. I'd never do anything like that! I'm so sorry you even thought I would. I'm not even into girls."

Sydney started laughing. "No, Raegan, I'm the one who needs to apologize. All my friends know I am a teaser. I really shouldn't tease someone that I just met. What's the real idea you want to discuss?"

"I need to ask a question or two first. You indicated you would have gone back to the student union had you remembered the early closing. What then?"

"About 10, I'd have gone to the room to see if he was still there."

"And if he was."

"Probably the student union again for an hour or so since they are open until midnight, then sleep in my car for a few hours."

"Then here is my idea. This is a sofa bed. Why not stay here tonight. It will be much more comfortable than some chair at the student union or the back seat of your car."

Sydney took another sip of brandy, rolled the snifter in her hands, and contemplated my offer. She smiled, looked at me, and replied, "Ok, but only if you offer me a refill on the brandy."

I smiled back. "Only one. I don't want you getting drunk."

"I guess you don't want a drunk old woman attacking you, huh?"

"Definitely not. Especially one as old as you."

She punched me lightly on the shoulder. "Smart ass bitch. Don't know what's wrong with you young people these days. Just no respect for their elders.

"I do have one problem, Raegan. I don't have any pajamas. I would be willing to sleep in my underwear, but, as you already know, I'm not wearing any."

"I only wear T-shirts when I sleep. Would you like one?"

"Perfect. To be honest, that's what I normally wear anyhow." I didn't tell her that I preferred to sleep in the nude.

"I'm curious, Reagan. At your age, how did you learn to enjoy brandy? Most females I know prefer a good wine to hard liquor."

"My dad and I used to watch reruns of 'Cheers' together. We were really close, and I always rested my head on his shoulder while we were watching it and he often put his arm over mine. The day after my 16th birthday, we were watching an episode and dad was enjoying his evening glass of brandy. He always purchased premium brands and I enjoyed the fragrance. I'm not sure what got over me, but I asked if I could try some.

"He agreed if I would keep three promises until I turned 21, First, he would let me drink anything I wanted provided I would never drink anything outside the house. Second, I would never drive after drinking. This part was easy, of course. If I kept the first rule, he wouldn't give me keys to the car if he knew I had been drinking. Third, I would never drink to the point of being drunk. He also said he hoped I would adhere to the second and third after 21.

"But you're drinking here."

"I know you're going to laugh, but I actually asked him if I could drink here. He approved on the condition I don't have parties with alcohol. And if I served anyone else, they had to be over 21.

"So, to finish my story, he showed me how to first smell the bouquet, then take a small to acclimatize my taste buds. Well, my sip was a little too much. When I swallowed, it burnt like hell and I coughed. Dad was swell. He continued to encourage me and now I love it.

"So, Sydney, how did you acquire your taste for it?

"A female friend enjoyed it and got me to try it. I guess my results were similar to yours."

After some more conversation, we decided to watch a movie, so I made some popcorn. We had one more refill on the brandy. We were both feeling relaxed by the time the movie ended. I wanted to pull the convertible bed out for her, but she said that she would prefer to sleep on the sofa. I argued, saying the bed would be more comfortable. I lost when she said she would leave if I didn't agree with her. So, we put a sheet over the sofa. I got a pillow, a blanket and the T-shirt and offered her first use the bathroom. She asked if she could use the shower, even though she had already taken one at the dorm, and, of course, I said ok. I could see the light from the bathroom under the door to my bedroom. After I heard the hair dryer stop, I waited for the light to go out, then took my turn.

My regular routine, after waking up each morning, was to go directly to the kitchen, start the coffee then perform my bathroom routine, which included a shower. Since I always pulled the blinds down at night, I didn't mind walking around the house naked. This morning was no exception.

. I am normally somewhat somnolent first thing in the morning and didn't even glance in the direction of the sofa which was against the front wall of the living room. Had we opened the bed; it would have been obvious that Sydney was sleeping there. I was never fully awake in the morning until after my shower, so I didn't even remember I had invited her to stay the night. Maybe the third brandy helped. Another factor was that I had been the only one in this house for three weeks.

The sink was in the back center of the kitchen. A window above it looked out onto the rear porch. My coffee maker sat, conveniently on the counter to the left of the sink. It used whole beans. I poured enough in to make two cups of coffee, my daily intake, added water, and turned it on. While it was grinding, I took my cup out of the cabinet and set it beside the coffee maker. I turned to get out of the kitchen and go into the bathroom and nearly jumped out of my skin when Sydney said, "Good morning, Raegan." She was still on the couch, her head in the perfect position to see all of the kitchen.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, "I forgot you were here."

"Obviously, and I'm really pleased you did. Otherwise you would probably have dressed, and I would not have had this wonderful display of femininity."

I don't think she saw me blushing. "How damn long have you been watching me."

"I was awake when you walked out of the bedroom."

"Shit! And you didn't even make a sound to let me know."

"I saw you were naked and didn't want to spoil the show."

I turned to go into the bathroom. "Raegan?'

I turned back to look at her. "Yes, Sydney."

"Do you know you have a fantastic ass?" I could hear her chuckling as I slammed the door shut.

When I finished in the bathroom, I stuck my head out and said, "It's all yours, Sydney."

"Thank you, Reagan."

Once I was dressed, I knocked on the door and asked if she liked coffee and was toast and scrambled eggs ok for breakfast. She replied, "Yes to all, and thanks."

The coffee carafe held ten cups, so I added water and beans for two more cups. I was just finishing the toast and eggs when she walked out. She asked if she could help and I said that she could get butter and creamer from the refrigerator which was at the living room end of the kitchen.

The living room end of the kitchen was built so you could sit at it to eat, with highchairs. It was called a bar, so I had purchased two bar chairs for that spot. Sydney sat on one. I served her then sat on the other one.

"I hope you aren't pissed at the comments I made this morning."

"Well, just a bit at first, but then I remembered you saying that you liked to tease, so all is great."

"Fantastic. Please don't be upset when I say that I did appreciate the show. I'm not trying to come onto you. You really do have a beautiful body. And I meant it when I said you have a fantastic ass. I'm sure you don't think that, but you do. Even if you did think or know that, there is something I am sure you don't know since you can't watch your back when you walk. It has a wonderful jiggle, too." Since she was sitting beside me, she probably didn't see me blushing again. She continued, "May I ask you a question?"

"Shoot."

"Was I imagining it, or are you...uh...shaved down there?"

"No, Sydney, you did not imagine it." The blush grew deeper.

"Too bad you're the only one who gets to see it." This time it was my turn to punch her. I almost knocked her off the chair and we both started laughing.

We finished eating and I started to pick up the dishes and put everything away. Sydney again asked if she could help. I felt the kitchen was essentially too small for two people to work in at the same time but said she could. I really didn't mind her being in there with me.

"It's my turn to ask a question."

"Ask away."

"Will he be in your room much this weekend?"

"If last weekend is any indicator, they will be in and out all day, so I imagine I will be spending a lot of time in the library. Will you be there?"

"A friend asked me to swap shifts, so I have the 12 to 2 today. If you don't mind, I have another idea."

"I definitely liked your last idea, so try me out."

"Why don't we go to your room to get you some clothes for the weekend and stop by the grocery to pick up some extra food. Then you can come back here to hang out and study until Monday."

"Will I get to see you naked again tomorrow morning.?"

"Absolutely not. I told you that was an accident. I'm sure I will remember you are here."

"Then I don't think I want to."

I was disappointed until I saw the grin on her face. "You are teasing again."

"Yep, you had better get used to it, girl, if I'm going to be here all weekend. I think it's a great idea. Let's go get those clothes and food."

"Will he still be in your room?"

"Maybe."

The Do Not Disturb sign was hanging on the doorknob when we arrived. "They must be in there," Sydney said. "I definitely put it inside when I left yesterday."

"What do you want to do."

"It's my room, too. We're going in. I've given them enough time alone."

I couldn't believe it when she opened the door, switched on the light and left the door open. "At least they are covered," Sydney loudly declared.

A woman's head popped up from the pillow and said, "What the fuck, Sydney. I put the damn Do Not Disturb sign out."

"Well, Grace, the damn sign didn't seem to mean too fucking much to you last night. Regardless, I would like to be able to spend some fucking time in my own fucking room without you two love birds playing your damn kissy-kissy and shove the tongue down the throat games and fucking each other at the drop of a hat. And watch your fucking language, I have a friend with me."

While trying my best to keep from laughing out loud, I watched as she noisily piled books, notebooks and miscellaneous items into a plastic milk crate and more books and clothes into another. More clothes were shoved into a backpack. Not a peep was heard from dear Grace or her love bird even though I noticed that she was watching Sydney.

She handed me the backpack with her clothes and said, "Let's get the hell out of here. The smell of sex is so strong, I'll probably have to wash my clothes to get it out before I can wear them." She slammed the door on the way out.

"Ah, Sydney, you left the light on."

"Yea, I know. She'll have to drag her ass out of bed to turn it off."

"And you called me a bitch!" I started laughing so hard, tears started forming in my eyes.

Sydney joined me in laughing and we hugged for a second. "Thanks for being my friend and coming with me, Raegan. I appreciate it more than you know."

"I think you threw everything but the kitchen sink in these bags. But then you didn't have a kitchen sink in your room. I don't think we can carry this stuff and groceries, too. Let's take it all back to the house. There's enough food there to take care of lunch. We can do the shopping after my afternoon shift."

"You do come up with great ideas. Besides, I'd like to put some clean clothes and underwear on."

"Do you want to wash them first?"

"Naw, I just said that to piss her off even more."

We studied until I noticed I was running short on time. I was in my study (the bonus room) and Sydney used the bar at the end of the kitchen counter. I quickly made two sandwiches, wrapped one and sat the other, along with a drink, on the counter in front of Sydney. She had been deep in thought and said nothing other than agreeing with the ingredients I suggested for the sandwich and what I offered for a drink.

I needed her to pull her head out of her book, so I interrupted her. "Sydney, do you have a second?"

"What? Oh, yes." She looked up.

"I need to get to work, but you can stay here. You can use my study until I get home. It's silly for you to waste time going to the library when you don't have to."

"You'd actually let me stay here, by myself."

"Sure, I don't see any reason not to. I trust you. Besides, if you decide to steal me blind, I know where you live." I said the last part in a gruff manner trying to imitate the Godfather.

"Now who is doing the teasing," she laughed.

"If you need to find anything, just text me."

"I do need to ask your permission to do something, and I don't want to do it via text."

"Ok."

"You've given me your modem password for the internet, and I appreciate that. The problem is that I...ah... occasionally like to watch...ah...some porn. I would have liked to watch while taking breaks from studying but, regretfully, the dorms and library, and even McDonalds block adult sites, so I haven't got my fix since starting classes. I assume you don't block adult sites. Do you mind?"

"May I ask what kind of porn?"

"Lesbian. I enjoy watching two women get it on."

I guess I was a little surprised and had to ask. "Are you saying you are a lesbian, Sydney?"

"Not in the purest sense of the word. While I will confess to having sex with a girlfriend back in high school and a female friend named Tyler, for nearly twelve months a few years ago, after my divorce. So, I guess you could say I am bisexual, although I haven't been with a man since the divorce."

"Was Tyler the one who introduced you to drinking brandy."

"The very same one. A little too much brandy is what led to the sex."

"Just for the record, I didn't care if you were a lesbian or not. I asked because I was just curious. And yes, you may watch whatever you want. I don't access adult sites but don't have any reason to put a block on my modem. You are just not permitted to masturbate in my house."

"Party pooper!"

"Bye Syd. See you later."

"Later, Raegan. Thanks again."

My shift went smoothly, as Saturdays normally do. I probably should work more on Saturdays, because I can even get some studying in, but I'd rather relax in my house with my feet up. And, in case you didn't guess, I enjoy lounging naked, which I definitely cannot do in the library.

When I opened the door to the house, I saw that Sydney was sitting on the sofa, bare feet on the coffee table, with her laptop open and resting on her legs. Stepping farther in, I quickly noticed that her belt was unbuckled, jeans unzipped, and her hand was inside a pair of bright red panties.

"Syd, I thought I said you are not permitted to masturbate in my house."

"I'm not masturbating, Raegan."

"Syd, I'm not blind. You are sitting there with your hand in your pants. What are you doing if you're not masturbating?"

"I'm playing with my pussy and clit."

"Aren't pussy and clit the same thing."

"Related, but, technically not the same."

"Ok, enlighten me, Ms. Doctor Grey."

With her free hand she moved her laptop to the coffee table. "Well, the clit, or more properly, the clitoris is the erectile organ of the vulva. It is homologous to the penis of the male. Many people do not know that it is the only organ of the human body meant strictly for sexual pleasure, unlike the penis which also is used to pass urine from the body. The clitoris is part of the vulva, but the vulva is more than the clit. Saying the clit and pussy are the same is like saying the nose and the face are the same."

"I didn't want a full anatomy lesson, just the Cliff Notes version, but thank you anyhow. Nevertheless, Syd, you are still masturbating."

"Depends on how you look at it, Raegan."

"Oh, damn. Another lesson. Let's hear it."

"Masturbation is the manipulation of one's genitals; especially to orgasm. In my opinion, those last three words are pertinent to your accusation. If I don't climax, I haven't completed the act, so I haven't masturbated. Another analogy: If I shoot someone in an attempt to kill them, but they don't die. I'm only guilty of attempted murder. A good lawyer would get your case tossed out of court on its ass. For my last defense, I submit that you can't even prove attempt. I was just sitting here, simply relaxing by watching a porno flick, and as I said, playing with my pussy. I was relaxed, so I was doing it very slowly. Had I been attempting to masturbate and bring myself to an orgasm, my fingers would have been flying over my clit. And so, Ms. Green, I rest my case.

"So, had I been delayed, say fifteen minutes, do you think I would have caught you attempting to masturbate or maybe actually masturbating, by your definition, of course?"

"Don't know. Why don't you go back out for fifteen minutes and we'll find out? Or, you could stay and be an eyewitness to the attempt or to the final act. But if you stay, you'd have to recuse yourself from the prosecutor's table."

I was laughing so hard tears were running down my cheeks. I could probably have sent the text LOTFLMAO to her. "You are so full of shit, Syd Conrad, your eyes should be brown, not green." I dashed the short distance to the sofa, jumped on her and knocked her over. I quickly realized that she might not appreciate the 'touching' aspect of what I did. I quickly got off her, sat on the sofa and apologized.