The Girl in the Library

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You damn well better, and I do want to see your naked body in the morning, too."

"I said we'll see. I already told you it's not a normal thing for me to do."

I tossed and turned in bed for nearly half an hour before getting up and trudging into the living room. "Syd, are you still awake."

"No." I laughed at her response that should have been "yes".

"Good. I have something to say to you."

"I'm listening."

"This is a bunch of bullshit. I've slept on that couch when my parents were here, because I let them use my bed. I know how fucking lumpy it is. You have to be uncomfortable. Probably would be nearly the same if we pulled out the bed. Do you roll around in bed much?"

"Not really."

"Well, my king size bed is large enough that we can both sleep in it without even coming close to touching one another. Get your ass in there where you will be comfortable." This time she didn't argue with me. I hadn't turned any lights on, so I couldn't see much of her body, but I liked what I could see.

Sydney's breathing went from heavy to light almost immediately. I, however, kept staring towards the dark ceiling. My mind was on Sydney and the two movies we watched. I slowly got out of bed, snuck quietly to the living room sofa and quickly took care of my problem. Thankfully Sydney was still asleep when I crawled back into bed and soon fell asleep.

I was on my back when I awakened in the morning. The sun's rays were peeking around the blinds and casting a wonderful glow around the room. I raised my arms to stretch and Sydney scared me out of my wits for the second day in a row. "Good morning, Rae." I jumped.

Turning on my side to look at her, I saw that she was on her right side staring at me. She had raised her head and was resting it on a folded pillow. Her shoulder was bare, and her left hand was on top of the sheet that she had pulled up under her arm. "Damn, Syd, you have to quit doing that. You scared me half to death."

"Forgot I was staying with you again?"

"No, forgot that I invited you sleep in my bed."

"Hmmm...in your bed. That sounds nice. You know, I'm only going to be here one more night. If I were your roommate, you'd eventually get used to me being in your bed when you wake up in the morning."

I was an arm's length away from her but still close enough that I could reach over and slap her shoulder. "Hey, last night you said, 'No touching if I slept in your bed."

"Not what I said. I said we would be sleeping far enough apart that we wouldn't even be close enough to touch."

"You just touched me."

"Did not. I slapped you."

"Oh! Yea, I guess you are right. This is touching." Following a beautiful smile, she reached over and put her hand on my cheek. I liked it and smiled back. She held it there for several seconds.

"How long were you staring at me, Syd?"

"Probably ten or fifteen minutes."

"Why?"

"I couldn't resist the view. In case you haven't realized it yet, the sheet has slipped down almost to your waist. I was enjoying the profile of your face and chest, especially your breast."

I looked down and quickly pulled the sheet up to cover myself. "Dammit, Rae. Quit playing the shy girl. I am going to see you in all your naked glory very soon. I have no intention of touching your breasts." She didn't say she didn't want to.

"I told you, last night, that I'm not a girl."

"And I said I would probably keep calling you that on occasion. Regardless, you really need to quit being so damn shy in front of me. You would get used to that too, if I were your roommate. The 'girl' part was just a figure of speech, better than saying a shy woman, which, now that I think about it, that would have been more appropriate since you are definitely a woman."

I think I blushed before agreeing, "I knew what you meant, Syd. I was just jerking your chain." She smiled and touched my cheek again. I put my hand on hers just before she moved hers to push the sheet back down to my waist. I didn't try to stop her.

"Your nipples are hard now, Rae. I like that."

We stared at one another for a couple minutes, smiling, until she said, "I'll go make coffee while you use the bathroom." She was on the side of the bed closest the door. She hopped out and I watched her naked back as she took the few steps to and through the door. I liked the shape of her ass, too, but noticed it was firm and didn't 'jiggle.' I laughed and headed for the bathroom.

When I walked into the kitchen, Syd had the coffee brewing, bread laid out for toast, a skillet on the stove and was leaning over getting eggs from the bottom of the refrig. "Nice ass," I quipped.

"I know," she replied, "but not half as nice as yours. How do you like your eggs?"

"Over easy."

"Me, too," she commented as she sat the eggs on the counter.

I helped her by pouring juice and putting dishes, knives and forks on the bar. I then poured coffee and sat on a chair. Sydney served the eggs then sat beside me. After we took a couple bites of our breakfast, I said, "Syd, earlier you said I'd get used to hearing your voice in the morning and wouldn't be shy about being naked in front of you were my roommate. Were you implying that you want to be my roommate?"

"Wouldn't do that, Rae. That would be like crashing a party where I wasn't invited. It's uncouth to invite one's self to a party.

"Now who is being shy?" Her hand was resting on her leg. I put mine on top of it. "What if I asked you to move in with me?"

"Might consider it if you asked nicely." She smiled, looking straight ahead.

I laughed. "Your eyes really should be brown. Look at me, Syd." When she turned, still smiling, I continued, "Sydney Conrad, would you please consider moving into my humble abode and being my roommate."

"Ok." She turned back and took a bite of her eggs.

"That's it. Just fucking Ok." She knew I was teasing. Because my voice had an inflection of glee in it.

She turned, leaned towards me, put her hand behind my head, pulled me closer and pecked me on the cheek.

"No, Rae, that's not all. Thank you so much. I've only been here for a little over 36 hours, but I really feel comfortable being with you. I was hoping you'd ask me to stay and did throw out those hints to let you know I was willing. You have to let me pay some rent and help with the utilities, though.

"I will, but not until this year is over. After all, you have already paid for the dorm room."

"I can get a refund if they put another roommate in with Grace. That could happen because I know there is a waiting list. If it does, I will share starting next semester."

"Agreed, but only for half the utilities. If I were renting, I would agree to accept half. Daddy's paying the mortgage and expects to get all his money back when we sell."

"You've twisted my arm."

"Can we move your stuff today?"

"Tomorrow will be better. Grace is not a morning person. She will probably be there today but has three back-to-back classes Monday afternoon. We can move everything then and won't be bothered by her presence."

After a few minutes of silence, Sydney asked, "Why did you go back into the living room last night to masturbate rather than stay in bed?"

"You knew?"

"Yes. I was awake when you left the bed. Then I heard you moan when you climaxed."

"I thought you were sleeping and didn't want to take the chance that I would awaken you."

"Were you thinking about the movies while you did it?"

"Yes."

"Did you taste yourself afterwards?"

"No."

"I'm disappointed, Rae. You promised me that you would."

"I'm sorry, Syd."

"S'ok. But I really want you to do it."

"I will. Just have to work up to it."

"I'm curious. Have you ever kissed another woman, Rae?"

"No," I laughed, "but I kissed a girl."

"Care to Explain?"

"During my junior year of high school, my BFF and I had a sleepover at her house. We were both in her queen size bed talking with the lights off. She squeezed my hand and asked if I had ever kissed another girl. I told her I hadn't. She said she hadn't either. After several minutes of silence, except for some heavy breathing, she leaned over and kissed me. I responded and our kissing turned quite passionate, including tongue. Back then we called it sucking face. Don't know if teenagers still call it that today. We were wearing shorty PJs. Our passion got to the point where she started squeezing my breast through my top and pushed her leg between mine. Then we stopped, afraid to go any farther. Never talked about it again."

"The taboo of being called a lesbian?"

"Exactly."

"Did you enjoy it -- the kissing."

"Oh, god, yes. It was so much better than the inexperienced boys that I had kissed on dates. It was so soft and sweet."

"Ever have sex with a male?"

"A few of the guys I dated in high school wanted to get in my pants, but I never let them. Always wore jeans on dates instead of skirts. That helped. They weren't able to run their hand up my skirt when I wasn't wearing one." Sydney chuckled. "Syd, please don't laugh at me, I know it's unusual for my generation, but I've never even seen a male penis except in photos."

"I'm definitely not laughing, Rae."

"I did tear my hymen when I fell on a parallel bar during gymnastics in high school."

"Ouch! I can imagine how that hurt, but I am glad to have that knowledge," she interjected. I wondered why she said that. "But you are still a virgin, Rae, in the traditional sense of the word."

As soon as we finished eating, Sydney said, "I am really enjoying sitting here like this with you, Rae, but why don't we throw some clothes on and get your morning run out of the way. Then we can come back and do some naked vegging. You did say that you like to veg after your run." I loved the ways she found to make me laugh.

"Great idea!"

I had several different courses that I liked to run through town. The one I took this time was through a city park with a small lake. I set a slightly slower pace than I did on Saturday, so Sydney didn't fade so quickly. Still, it was probably near the three-mile point when she said, "Ok, Speedy Gonzalez, time for a break. We walked a few minutes until I saw a bench that faced the lake and suggested we sit and take a rest.

"That's Ok, Rae. If we walk a bit more, I will be ready to run again."

"Syd, look at this view. I want to sit on the bench and enjoy it with you."

She looked around, smiled, and said, "Another incredible idea from the great Raegan Green."

We sat quietly, taking in our surroundings. Several ducks floated around the lake just in front of us. It was a picturesque scene. Sydney reached over and clasped my hand. I glanced at her and smiled, then looked back at the ducks, not relinquishing her soft hand.

Out of the blue, Sydney said, "Want to try it again, Raegan?"

"Try what?"

"Kiss a girl."

I turned my head to make it appear as if I were examining the area around us for 360 degrees, and, casually avoiding her eyes, looked at the ducks again. "Don't see any girls anywhere around here, Sydney."

"Then maybe you'd like to try kissing a woman."

I thought about looking at her but enjoying the tease of seeming to be disregarding her. I kept my eyes straight ahead, grinned and said, "Maybe. Do you know where I might be able to find one?"

An arm went around my shoulder and pulled. This time I turned my head towards her, shifted closer, put my arm around her, turned my head sideways, and closed my eyes as our lips met.

To say it was a simple kiss would be like saying a hand grenade is only a small firecracker. The strange thing is that it was just a soft, lip to lip kiss, that we held about 30 seconds, not some grinding, tonsil tickling, tongue thrusting kiss. Yet I felt its effects down to my clit. "Holy shit, I'm twenty years and have never felt like this after being kissed," I thought as our lips parted. The smile I gave her was "ear to ear."

Somehow stunned by the reaction I felt, I turned and stared at the ducks again.

"Well, Rae, how was it like, kissing a woman."

"Nice."

"Nice? Just nice?"

"No, not just nice. Awesome nice; fucking, awesome nice."

I stood, pulled her up, gave her a big hug, and said, "Time to finish our run, woman!"

The full course we ran was about six miles. Fifty percent better than Saturday. The rest on the bench helped. I quickened the pace a little on the homebound leg. When we got to the end of the sidewalk, Sydney bent over and put her hands on her legs. "Whew, Rae, keep this up and you're going to wear this old woman out." Laughing, I put my arm around her and asked, "Would you like some assistance up the steps, ma'am?"

"Get your hands off me, girl. I can crawl up your fucking steps by myself. You might want to get my cane, though. It's just inside the door."

When we stepped onto the porch, Sydney pointed to two rocking chairs to our left. They were in excellent condition and stained in dark mahogany. "Nice rockers, Raegan. How much did they set you back?"

"I didn't buy them. They were left by the prior owner. I can't figure out why some of the other college students on this block didn't steal them when the house was vacant."

"I don't know about you, Rae, but I'm a little sweaty. Why don't we sit out here until we cool down? This old woman might like rocking just a bit."

"I have a better idea. I usually keep a cotton, sleeveless shirtdress in my study closet to throw on when I get an unexpected visitor at the door. I have a freshly washed second one in the bedroom closet. Like you said, we are the same size. What do you say we put them on to sit out here?"

"I don't think we want to wear them over our running clothes. Are you suggesting we wear nothing but the dresses?"

"I've never worn them outside. They end about midthigh, but that will be enough to cover us out here. Since I only use them to hide my nudity anyhow, yes, I am! It will be a new experience for me."

The original house plans had the bonus room closet only opening only into that room, but one of the later owners put on a second door that provided access from the living room. This made sense because it was also next to the outside door. Essentially that turned it into an entryway coat closet, yet still accessible from the bonus room. This was also convenient because there wasn't another closet accessible directly from the living room.

I grabbed my pale blue dress from the closet as soon as we entered the house and carried it to the bedroom. I pulled the second one, all white, out and handed it to Sydney. We stripped out of our running gear and pulled the shirt dresses on. "Bare feet, right?" Sydney asked.

"Absolutely! Naked all the way. Except for the dresses, of course." God, I loved the way she smiled.

The rockers were about three feet apart, but we moved them closer together, leaving just enough space between them so we could still rock. And we did, slowly back and forth. I put my head against the back of the rocker and thought about the few times I sat out here and relaxed during the two plus years I lived in this house. When I did, I was usually reading a book for class. I realized I should have been out here every day. Relaxing outside, wearing nothing but a thin, cotton dress felt wonderful. Why hadn't I done it before. Probably because I didn't have someone to enjoy it with.

We both were rocking with our arms on top of the chair's arms. Somehow, I think that is a natural way to rock, but I am not sure why. At some point, Sydney moved her arm, so it was on top of mine and interlaced her fingers with mine. I opened my eyes and looked at her. Her head was resting against the back of her rocker and her eyes were closed, just as mine had been. It seemed as if that was also a natural thing to do.

It was so nice being out here with her. I rocked slowly with not a worry in my mind, just letting the world go by. That was until I felt Sydney move. She was on my right, so her left hand was the one holding my right hand. I jumped when her right hand touched the top of my dress. My eyes flew open and I looked over at her. She was, again, smiling at me.

"What are you doing, Syd?"

"Damn, girl, you're a junior in college. You should have learned this before you started grade school. I'm opening a button on your dress." She laid her head against the back of the rocker and closed her eyes. I did the same.

I was so relaxed I was almost asleep when I felt her move again. Her hand was opening the second button. "Syd, want the hell!" I exclaimed. She didn't reply. She had already laid her head back and closed her eyes.

Once again, she pulled me out of my reverie. She was opening the third button. It was at the bottom of my bustline. "Syd, holy shit. It's still daylight outside. Someone is going to notice." But I didn't attempt to stop her.

"Don't get your ass in an uproar, Rae. No one is going to notice." Just then she opened the bottom button. Now, half of the eight buttons on my dress were undone.

"Come on, Syd. Don't you think that is enough."

"Yea, I do. And you are one fucking sexy looking broad right now!"

To put icing on the cake, she put her hand on the opening she had created over my chest and slid it under the side of my dress until she was cupping my breast. "Oh, shit," I moaned.

She rubbed the palm of her hand over my nipple. "Your nipple is hard again, Rae." She then squeezed and rubbed it between her index finger and thumb. I moaned.

Suddenly she pulled her hand away. I looked at her incredulously. She had already laid her head back again and closed her eyes.

"That's it, Syd?"

"Yep. Just checking your heartbeat, girl."

"Now I am positive you are full of it, Syd."

"Damn, I don't believe she just did that," I thought, before unconsciously slipping my own hand inside my dress to tweak my nipple. I quickly pulled it back out, realizing I was still outside. However, I didn't rebutton my dress.

"Syd, I'm going in to get one of my books to read."

"I thought you tried not to study on Sundays. We are supposed to be vegging."

"No, this one is for relaxing. It's a fiction."

"What do you like to read?"

"Fiction and historical fiction, primarily."

"Same here. Favorite authors?"

"Oh, John Grisham, James Patterson, except he farms out his stories a lot, David Baldacci, and Debbie Macomber, to name a few in fiction. Amy Schumer, David McCullough and others in non-fiction.

"I have a couple books to read, too. I'll get one and join you."

Around noon I made a light lunch which we ate on the porch off of TV trays. We read and talked all afternoon until nearly dusk. The most time I had ever spent on my porch was probably one hour. Several students and adult neighbors walked by during the day and greeted us. One older couple yelled "Hi Raegan. Good to see you using those rockers. Who's your friend?" I replied that she was my new roommate. They then stopped, introduced themselves to Sydney and carried on a nice conversation with us. Strangely, I didn't feel any self-consciousness about being nearly naked on my open front porch with half my buttons opened.

Sydney disappeared into the house and emerged a few minutes later carrying a bottle of pale pink fingernail polish. "Going to do your nails, Syd?" I asked.

"Actually, I was hoping I could talk you into letting me do your toenails. I think they will look nice in pink."

It had been a long time since I had painted my toenails. I thought about the intimacy of Sydney doing it for me, sitting here on the porch wearing only our dresses. "I'd like that very much, Syd, but only if you let me do yours."

She agreed, so we moved the rockers so that we were facing one another and close enough so we could rest our feet on the fronts of the seats. Syd pulled her dress up some, spread her legs, and I put my foot on her rocker. "You know, Rae, with your leg up like that I have a wonderful view of your pussy."