The Girl or the Group? Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We had another drink, and this time Erika accepted a glass of white wine. Our conversation had been perhaps a little stilted at first, but she was very charming and engaging, and soon I believe we were both enjoying ourselves. Well, she seemed to be, and I sure as hell was.

Erika was stunningly beautiful, incredibly sexy, and quietly self-assured. The other men in the room kept sneaking glances at her, and there was a lot more male foot traffic near me than before, for some reason. I couldn't blame them. But Erika paid no-one else any attention, her focus completely on me. That felt very flattering, and I guess it helped me have the confidence to talk to this goddess.

She was poised, elegant, very well-mannered. Yet somehow seemed to radiate sexual availability, at least to my overheating mind. Perhaps it was just the combination of her smiles, her looks, her ravishing figure in that dress, and the bewitching way she wore it -- plus my overactive imagination. But I started to hope that if, later in the evening, I asked what I wanted to ask, her answer might be 'yes'.

At the same time, though, she was a little reserved. Not nervous - in fact very composed. But it was like she was keeping herself in check. Waiting to respond to what I did, and not take the lead herself. But she was very friendly. She seemed eager to talk to me, and did some of those girl things which are supposed to be positive signals: touching her hair, lots of eye contact, smiling glances from beneath long lashes. Laughing at my jokes, not all of which were feeble, I guess. And the way she moved sitting across from me, sometimes I'd get a flash of slim leg, or she'd lean forward and her cleavage would be subtly presented to me, and she'd smile.

Yeah. Dan, I owe you, man. This had turned into a great evening!

We talked about her work for the Foundation. She was Dutch, had connections in Pennsylvania, and was here to help with some fundraising. No surprise there, a knockout woman like this. She lived in Amsterdam, and was involved in Foundation charity work mostly in Europe and the Netherlands Antilles. Her special interest was education and childcare, but she got involved in administration too, and raising money, of course. But the way she explained it, the work wasn't onerous and she had plenty of time for other things. It all sounded like a terrific life, and Erika was clearly happy, relaxed, and fulfilled.

"I owe the Foundation a lot, and the Mowbray Group too. But, Peter, we have not talked much about you. Dan speaks very highly of you, and I know his good opinion is not easily earned. So. I would like to know about Peter Holte, please, and Project Xanadu, and what you will do next. Okay?" She smiled, captivating me.

"Well, sure, Erika, if you want. I'll warn you now, though, it's all dull. But I reserved the table for seven, and some food might make it more bearable for you. Shall we go in?"

To my surprise, Erika took my arm as we headed back towards the restaurant, smiling up at me. Damn but this girl was gorgeous. Could life get any better? Well...

As we neared the restaurant there was a call from across the lobby, by reception. A female voice. English. Rather refined. And musical, if that makes sense, somehow warm and thrilling.

"Erika! Hey, Erika!"

Alright. What is going on? Lightning. Again.

A young woman was approaching. She was grinning at Erika with delight. And she was absolutely, unbelievably, heart-stoppingly beautiful.

Sun-kissed blonde hair fell in waves about a tanned oval face of exquisite loveliness. Very light blue eyes shone like crystal. Pouting, full-lipped, kissable mouth turned up in a broad smile that flashed white teeth. She wore a simple long-sleeved grey top of some stretchy, clingy material. Not as glamorously sexy as Erika's dress, but softly alluring. She was obviously not wearing a bra, and perhaps that top was not so innocent after all, the way it moulded itself to those jutting peaks like a lover's caress. Her breasts were smaller than Erika's, but her lithe body was perhaps even more athletic, like a gymnast's. Lean and taut, with a tiny waist and slim hips.

And there was nothing innocent at all about the black leather miniskirt that rode high on shapely thighs as she moved towards us on kitten heels. Even the way she walked was intoxicating, her stride graceful and fluid but somehow sensuously charged, like a female panther closing in to devour her unfortunate prey. Or an incredibly hot, sultry blonde closing in to sexually devour her extremely fortunate prey.

"Jen!" Erika's face lit up, and she let go my arm to hug the other girl. "Hi! I didn't think you'd make it!"

"Just got in. Weather's fouled up a lot of flights. Sorry to mess you about. Though I see you haven't been wasting time." The girl turned towards me with a smile and a very direct, appraising stare, then raised her eyebrows at Erika.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Erika seemed a little flustered. "This is Peter Holte. He's with the Group. Peter, meet Jenna Madden. Jen works in Mr Mowbray's office."

Jenna's smile grew even warmer as we shook hands. Her fingers were soft and delicate, and her touch seemed to linger.

"I've heard of you, Mr Holte. Project Xanadu, isn't it? Congratulations! A lot of people are talking about that. And you."

Another time, a compliment from a woman like this would have me saying 'gee, shucks', and twisting my foot. But maybe Erika had inoculated me. I managed a modest gesture and murmured something about a team effort, and to please call me Peter. Jenna smiled again, before turning back to Erika.

"Well. It's lovely to see you, but I suppose I should go and get a room sorted out..."

"Oh, no Jen!" Erika was enthusiastic and delightfully insistent on helping her friend. But I admit my heart sank a little as my hopes for this evening took a ding. "Listen, Dan got me some sort of amazing upgrade. I'm in a big suite with a second bedroom and a really nice sitting room. Please come stay with me."

Jen looked at both of us, and raised a polite eyebrow.

"Well, I wouldn't want to impose, Erika..."

"Don't be silly. That's settled. Oh, have you eaten? No? Well, Peter and I were just going in. Will you join us? Please? It's so good to see you again, Jen. Peter -- you don't mind, do you?"

Mind. Having dinner. With these two. Brain to mouth: answer the lady.

"No, of course not. Please do join us, Miss Madden."

"Jenna." Her smile got even warmer as she let go her hesitation, though I caught her quizzical glance at Erika.

"Thank you, then. I'd love to. I'll just leave my bags at reception." She eyed Erika's stunning dress. "Hmm. Well, I'm only dressed for travelling. I can't compete with that, can I? Could you give me a minute? I need to grab a couple of things and freshen up."

"Of course. In fact, I'll come with you." Erika touched my arm and gave me a dazzling smile as she went, leaving me some hope.

Jenna pick up one of her bags at reception and they disappeared to the powder room while I spoke with the maître d about the table.

It was more like 10 minutes before they reappeared, whispering to each other, faces happy, throwing glances my way.

Holy cow. Jenna had changed out of the grey top, and into a little strappy green satin number that looked like the top half of a lingerie bodysuit or something. Her arms and shoulders were bare, and the neckline plunged deeply to reveal the inside curves of her pert breasts, and down to her solar plexus. And when they headed towards me it was like being at the end of a catwalk. The girls were walking side by side, in step, fully aware of how incredible they looked, and smiling at me knowingly. Hips swaying, Erika's legs flashing out from under the dress, while Jenna's miniskirt allowed me to admire all the way up her rounded thighs. Unbelievable. I swear time slowed down as they moved towards me in flowing slow motion. It was like being in a dream.

And in the dream, my heightened senses had time to be aware of our surroundings too. There were a few other men in the lobby, and heads turned as their eyes followed the girls. Except for one standing in the corner who seemed to be taking in the whole room, everything but these two beauties. Hotel security maybe? Or just not into hot chicks. Dark suit, well cut. Well, whatever. I turned my attention back to where it should be as the girls came up to me. They were smiling, obviously aware of the effect they created and pleased with themselves. I think I must have been grinning like a fool.

I gestured for them to go in ahead of me. The view from behind was just as captivating.

The restaurant was a pretty decent place. Nicely lit, discreet service, expensive. Quite romantic, in fact. I'd gone for the privacy of a wall booth, and the girls slid in one side, Erika then Jenna, leaving me the other. My place was laid in the centre, and the three of us formed a rather intimate triangle. From where I sat, there was nothing else in the world but the two girls opposite. Candlelight reflected off crystal and silver, created mysterious flickers in their beautiful eyes, and glowed warmly on the soft skin of their bare arms, the curves of their breasts, their radiant faces.

We drank champagne - Jenna's idea, to celebrate the deal. I guessed Jenna might be a couple of years older than Erika, but perhaps it was only her more assertive manner made me think that. And we ate, sure. But mostly we talked, and I tried to be amusing, while drinking them in and savouring every look, every delicious second. Just absorbing it all.

Just to be sitting here, taking in the incredible sight of them, felt like I'd won a lottery. They were both so incredibly, breath-takingly gorgeous.

Vivacious, too. The conversation flowed, we all smiled and laughed. It was just one of those magical times, I guess, when everything comes together. And no question there was a sexy undercurrent, a sort of electric charge in the air between us. I'd been deeply aware of Erika's sensual presence from the moment I'd met her, but Jenna brought something else to the dynamic, raising sex from a hopeful background presence to like a core agenda item. She started the out and out flirting, and things just accelerated from there.

"I was asking Peter about himself," said Erika. "Dan said you've been working very hard?"

"He has," Jenna cut in, before I could answer. "And slain a few dragons lately, too, I hear. You've got a rather ferocious reputation in the Group, Peter. Like an unstoppable machine." Her eyes flickered down to my hands. "And there's no Mrs Holte? Perhaps a steady girlfriend to soothe you after a tough day? No? Same for us, isn't is Erika. Just single girls, looking to enjoy life. Here's to us!"

We clinked glasses and Erika looked at me with a teasing smile.

"Jen makes you sound dangerous, Peter. But you seem so nice. Should we be afraid of you?"

"Hah. I'm the one should be afraid of you two. High blood pressure and heart failure, and you both know it. In fact looking the way you do may be some sort of criminal offence in this state. I'm not complaining, by the way."

The girls giggled and it was Jenna's turn to be provocative.

"Oh, it can be so hard being a man sometimes. Very hard, I suspect." The emphasis on the word 'hard' was light, but it was there. She leaned forward and raised her chin a little, which had the effect of drawing my eyes to her offered breasts. Smiling wickedly, she reached out and stroked my hand, sending jolts of electricity straight to my nerves. "I wonder how we can relax you. What do you do for fun, Peter?"

"For the past year? It's basically been work and sleep. I guess that does sound tragic. But I enjoy what I do. Please don't feel sorry for me. And hey, having dinner with both of you, I'm way ahead on points!"

Jenna was still smiling, but her eyes and tone were both sympathetic and a little serious.

"I love what I do, too, and I love working for the Group. But we all give a lot to it, in our different ways. I think you need some fun now, Peter."

"Yes, I agree." Erika nodded. "I know a man who would say 'life is too short'. We should not waste any opportunity we're given to enjoy it." She was smiling deeply into my eyes.

I think maybe I forgot how to breathe.

We picked up our glasses again, and this time the toast was silent. For a long moment we just looked at each other. But there was real meaning and a sort of comradeship in the meeting of our smiles and our eyes. Leaving aside everything else - and that was plenty - I felt I was with two friends. It was calming, and it did make me feel good. Maybe I had been in more trouble than I'd realised? Maybe that 'machine' had been too unstoppable, and too all-consuming? Maybe I really, really did need to relax and ease the springs a bit. Well, if so, there's nowhere else I'd rather be.

I looked again at the girls, my eyes searching, and I sensed they knew something of what I was thinking. Jenna's expression was gentle, just watching me. This time it was Erika who took the lead. She nodded happily, and her face shone when she answered my unspoken question.

"Yes. Good. This is the Peter Holte I want to see. Now let us all enjoy this evening."

I couldn't help but smile back. I think we had a deal.

There was a quiet cough at my shoulder. I guess our server had been picking the moment to run through his spiel and remind us to order. He was an older gentleman with a kindly, grandfatherly manner. I was glad I didn't have to worry about some kid who might spontaneously combust if he got too close to these girls.

I chose oysters to start - as I usually would. I genuinely love them, but I wasn't really thinking about food just then. Jenna's response was to give a theatrical little gasp and look at me with widened eyes.

"Ooh, good idea, Peter." Her eyes held mine for a moment, her lips twitched, and then she added in a tone of false girlish innocence. "Perhaps I'd better have some too, then."

We all laughed, but she was rocking my world here. Erika looked at me, dimpling, and said she might just have one of mine.

"If you'll share with me, Peter?" Her voice was a honeyed kiss, and the expression on her face made my skin tingle like she'd caressed me with a velvet glove. While setting off fireworks inside me.

Grandfather caught my eye with a smile and a shake of his head. I hear you, sir. I smiled back and felt his amiable slap on my shoulder as he left with our order.

I never thought eating oysters was a graceful activity, at least not the way I do it, and certainly not a type of foreplay. But when Erika took one, and swallowed it while looking deep into my eyes the whole time, then smiled naughtily at me, my dick grew about two inches.

As the meal progressed, I was very glad I'd gone with the booth. There was no-one else near, so the three of us stayed in our intimate bubble. Grandfather kept things running smoothly but left us alone as much as he could (he had a huge tip coming). And my seating position plus the large linen tablecloth meant I was pretty sure no-one could see the massive erection I was sporting. Forget Kansas, we're talking the whole Midwest now. Thanks, obviously, to the girls. If they weren't inflaming me with their words, they were taunting me with their bodies. Or, you know, doing both at the same time. And I was loving it. Quite simply, I had never, ever had this much fun.

I even relaxed enough to talk about myself. I don't do that often, but Erika coaxed it out of me. I had a hard time saying no to her, once those green eyes lit me up. Moved around a lot when I was young. American mom, British dad - a soldier who died when I was a kid. Money was tight but we were happy. Raised a Yankee, and I love this country like any other passionate immigrant. But still a streak of Brit inside. Almost fluent in English, American and German but never quite the native speaker. Crisps not chips, that kind of thing. As a child, it bothered me sometimes. You want to fit in. These days, travelling, doing business - if anything it gave me an edge I could use.

Amazingly, we were also doing a lot of laughing. Sure, I was high on the presence of the most beautiful women I'd ever spent time with. But they were also both very funny. Erika was witty and extremely smart, and comical in that self-deprecating way I've often found the Dutch to be. Jenna was hilarious and irreverent, and the champagne seemed to remove most of her self-restraint. Twice she caught it just right so my laughter almost had drink coming out my nose, which Erika seemed to find hysterical.

It was that unfiltered humour that led to the one upset moment in the whole meal, though it was brief and soon forgotten.

"So you came in with Dan, right," Jenna was saying. "Scheduled flight? Was Lars with him?"

Erika's lovely face darkened, and for once she actually looked cross, almost hissing at Jenna.

"Jen! No! That's not funny. Lars is a good person and a friend and nothing more. You know that."

"Well, he'd like more...Okay, okay. I'm sorry, Erika. Really. Bad joke, I didn't mean any harm. Poor Lars." Erika stiffened again. "Darling, relax. I get it." Jenna turned to smile softly at me. "Peter, don't worry. The coast is clear." She winked. "Oh, now you're blushing, that's sweet. You two are adorable, but it's a good thing I'm here. Okay, I'm sorry, only teasing! Change of subject, then." She looked back to Erika.

"Have you seen Caroline?"

"No, not yet. We're due to meet up in the city on Monday."

"Well, she left Boston yesterday. She's in Philly somewhere but being mysterious. She's a bit miffed with me at the moment and being stroppy. Hasn't answered my texts, moody cow. I hope she's alright. You know she has a slight tendency to go off the reservation."

"Oh. I did get a text from her earlier but I haven't read it." Erika looked worried, and threw me an apologetic look. "Excuse me, Peter. I should check she's okay."

Erika slipped her phone from her purse, and I realised it was the first time I'd seen her look at it since we'd met. Come to think of it, I hadn't looked at mine for hours. That was a first. Was this a hopeful sign?

Erika was studying her screen carefully, eyebrows raised in surprise. She passed the phone to Jenna who stared at it, then returned Erika's look with interest. Some kind of female message passed between them, but damned if I knew what. It seemed like none of my business, so I put my head down and concentrated politely on my food.

A few moments later Jenna asked me something innocuous about how the rest of my day had been. I laughed a little self-consciously and admitted it had had its ups and downs. Jenna eyed me closely and raised a querying eyebrow, no doubt intuitively picking up that something unusual happened. But I just shook my head. Sitting here with these two lovely women, I wasn't going to talk about the gym. I glanced at Erika but she was busy with her phone in front of her face.

More texting followed, Erika apologising profusely for the interruption. Then a ping from Jenna's phone, another shared look, and they both relaxed.

"Anything I can do?" I offered. "I hope she's okay?"

Jenna's smile was mischievous, Erika's a little more enigmatic.

"We had to check something," said Jenna. "But it's all good. I'll make sure she gets what she needs. Sorry about the disturbance, though. We'll pick up where we left off, but first we girls need to powder our noses. No, don't get up, Peter. But could you get some more water, please? Still. We should all hydrate." Her lips twitched and the sultry look she gave me made my toes curl.

They were only gone a few minutes, but it was long enough for me to calm myself somewhat (down to about the size of the Wichita Metropolitan Area), and reflect on what was going on. I'd been hopeful this evening could end in the most spectacular way, but there were undercurrents here. Things I didn't understand. A few hours ago, that would have been enough for my armor to go back on as I tried to connect all the dots. I always wanted to be in control of my environment, and surprises were not good things.