The Girl with The Pink Bat

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hazel was rolling over on her cradle. She thought it was fun until she got stuck and couldn't get back to where she was. The minute her little yelp was out of her mouth, I was there to help her.

I had taken a long maternity leave to take care of our daughter. Maybe, one day, I'd go back to work, but for now, I wanted to enjoy time with my family.

The front door opened. The sound of keys being thrown onto the kitchen top echoed through the house.

"Daddy's home," I said to Hazel.

Ray gave me a quick kiss, "Hi, love."

"Hi, how was work?"

"Long. I just wanted to be back home with my two ladies."

He placed a big envelope on the coffee table, then took Hazel out, and cuddled our little girl close.

"Feeding time?" he asked.

"Burping time," I corrected. "Feeding time ended fifteen minutes ago, but she hasn't burped and won't settle."

He nodded and started gently patting our baby's back.

Ray loved our daughter and she used to get most of his attention these days, but I was okay with it. It happened the other way around, too. We were all adjusting to our new reality.

"What's that?" I nodded to the paper.

"A letter from my parents' lawyer."

"What does it say?"

"I haven't read it yet. I thought we might read it together."

I nodded and we sat together on the couch.

I opened the letter and read it aloud.

The bitch's lawyers had gone for the insanity defense. The case never went to trial. They admitted the attempt of murder, but asserted a lack of culpability based on mental illness.

A pre-trial psychiatric evaluation determined that she suffered from a type of psychotic disorder called delusional disorder.

She was confined in a secure mental institution and subjected to treatment until it was determined that she was no longer a risk to others or herself because of her mental condition. It was stipulated that Ray's parents would pay a psychiatrist to check on her and her treatment on a regular basis. The psycho bitch wouldn't be released unless our doctor was okay with the decision.

In the letter, the lawyers explained that they estimated that the period of involuntary confinement would be longer than the sentence she might have received had she been convicted.

"I guess it's good news," Ray commented.

"If she ever shows up again I'll have my bat ready," I said. My pink baseball bat was hanging from a wall close to the front door.

Ray laughed. "Maybe, I'll let you handle Hazel's suitors."

"That might be fun. I have a reputation to keep."

We both laughed at that.

Ray gazed at me. "Are you happy, Kara?"

"Blissfully."

And I was.

I looked at Ray and Hazel, I saw my forever. Ray was the one I was going to grow old with. He was the one who was going to walk our daughter down the aisle, and we would be together when we became grandparents.

I leaned and kissed my husband gently. Then, I pulled back and eyed him. "What are you doing for the next fifty to sixty years?"

My husband grinned. "Would you care to spend them with me?"

"I thought you'd never ask," I said with a smile.

THE END