The Greatest of These is Love Pt. 02

Story Info
Continuing the relationship development for Dawn and John.
15.2k words
4.8
3.8k
9
7

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 04/30/2024
Created 12/05/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Continuing to follow Dawn's and John's paths ahead. For those who are familiar with my other tales, it is set in the same universe and has common characters. Reading all the other stories is not crucial to enjoying this one, but you should read Part 1 of this arc first. All people having intercourse are over the age of 18.

= [] = [] =

Thursday, November 5, 2020

"Hey, Tom!" John Wilson called out. He caught up with the Senior on Tom Harrison's way out of the dorm's cafeteria. "Can we walk and talk for a bit?"

"Sure. Walkie Talkie it is." Tom snorted softly at his little joke. He held the door for John to precede him outside. They started down the sidewalk toward one of the classroom buildings, squinting against the morning sun. "What's on your mind, John?"

"How did you do with your midterms?" John inquired.

"Very well, thank you. Top marks in every course, even my Business Ethics class. Why do you ask?"

"Well, mine kinda slipped a little. Not horribly, but noticeable enough to get a call from my father last night."

"Ah, the Dawn Effect?" Tom smirked slightly, then schooled his expression.

"Yeah, I suppose so. How did you keep Julie from having that same effect on you?" John asked.

"For one, we haven't been having the same level of intercourse that you two have. So, there's that. We also just like spending time in each other's company. I make sure we study when I'm not helping others in the lab. Maybe that's a benefit to taking the later shift. You know, if you'd like to change with me, we can see about working that out."

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind, Tom. Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to talk things through with Dawn, but my father made it crystal clear that I could not afford to lose my scholarships."

"It's funny how money can be such a huge motivator," Tom observed with a grin. "I've got to get to class. Catch you later?"

"Sure thing! Thanks for the advice, Tom." John then turned and headed toward his own class, leaving Tom a little puzzled about the 'advice'. Tom shrugged his shoulders and proceeded on.

With the external motivation provided by his father, plus Tom's understanding and lack of condemnation, John refocused his attention on his coursework. He needed to get Dawn on board as well, and he was a little leery about broaching the subject. As much fun as canoodling with his girlfriend was, it neither wrote the papers nor took the tests he needed to ace. John spent the better part of his day while not in class considering essentially how to tell Dawn they needed to cool things off a bit.

Coincidentally, Dawn appeared in the doorway of the Accounting Lab late that afternoon during John's 3 to 6 shift. She peered into the room, assuring herself that he was not helping anyone before she stepped in and closed the door behind her. John looked up, rather deer‑in‑the‑headlights‑like, as she strode purposefully toward him. Something about the sway in her hips caught his attention yet he held his tongue. Dawn grabbed John by his ears and loosened his tongue with her own.

After a couple of minutes of face-sucking, John gently pushed Dawn away and asked her to sit in a chair. He pulled another one close and sat with their knees touching and holding hands.

"Dawn, I'm obviously very happy to see you. I'm not sure how to go about this, but I won't say 'we've got to talk.'" He paused to take a breath. "My dad called last night. It seems he has visibility to my academic records, and my midterm marks were noticeably lower than either of us finds acceptable." Dawn wiped away the beginning of a tear from her eye and nodded.

"Yeah, my grades had dropped a bit as well. What do you think we should do about it?" she inquired. If John was willing to step forward and take the lead, she was going to let him.

"Last weekend was incredibly special for me, Dawn. I think your brothers could take me or leave me, but your sisters and your parents seemed to like me. I know I like them, even your brothers with their sports‑mindedness. They're just protective of you. I love you, Dawn, but we need to restrict our fleshly indulgences to the weekends, at least for now." Dawn nodded in acceptance of his words.

"Yeah, Johnny, my midterms were less than spectacular as well. So, what do we do about it?"

"I think we should take a page from Julie's and Tom's playbook. We study together during the week. And we play on the weekends. But we get serious again at supper on Sunday, gearing up for Monday. How does that sound?" Dawn nodded, saddened but accepting of the reality before them.

"Can I study in here with you while you're on duty?" she asked.

"I don't know, Dawn. Can you study here in proximity to me?" John grinned. "This is my Work/Study position, after all."

"If Jules can do it while Tom works, I can do it while you are on duty," Dawn said with conviction.

"Okay, we'll start on Monday. Oops, you'll have to excuse me." John stood and opened the door for the two girls who had been peering through the window with looks of puzzlement at the closed door.

"I'll get out of your hair for now. Meet at your dorm for supper?" Dawn asked.

"I'll be there with bells on, my sweet." He surprised her with a quick kiss to her lips, then turned his attention to the girls requiring his assistance.

= [] = [] =

Friday, November 6, 2022

Just before his last class of the week, John overheard some football players talking indiscreetly about some of the girls who had graced their beds at one time or another.

"Say, have you seen that Country Dawn girl lately? Man, she was one of the wildest I ever had. But it's like she's fallen off the face of the planet."

"I think she got religion or something, dude," another replied. "I've seen her a time or two at lunch or supper and she was practically hanging off this geeky guy. Oh shit! Cool it! That's him."

The jocks looked at John with guilty expressions on their faces and flushed slightly when they realized he had heard their conversation. John didn't say anything, but he did give them each a stony look, then proceeded into the classroom. He needed to understand Dawn's pre‑John era adventures. Ruminating on things until his class started, he concluded that everything in her past had resulted in the Dawn Taggart of now that he loved. It simply didn't matter to him. She had been loving and exclusive to him since their date at the on‑campus movie. Smiling, he settled into his seat and turned his attention to the instructor.

Dawn was waiting yet again for John outside the classroom building where his class was wrapping up. She squealed softly with delight as a grin lit up his face when he saw her. His smile just made her innards quiver the way nobody else's ever had. She quickly closed the gap between them and locked her lips onto his. While he preferred a less public demonstration of affection, he also knew she was not nearly as reserved. He reflected upon events of earlier that day.

Responding to the very pretty and amorous girl in his arms, he gave in to his baser desires she was engendering. He held her a little tighter and began to pry her lips apart with his tongue. A couple of girls watched them make out for a minute or so, at first with surprise at John and Dawn's openness, then with envy. One of the girls grabbed the other's hand and hurriedly pulled her toward their dorm. Dawn pushed John away enough to speak but kept her arms around his neck.

"John! I know I keep saying this, but where did that come from?"

"Let's go somewhere quiet where we can be alone. Can Julie give us the room for a while today? Maybe until later tonight?" John responded.

"I've already cleared things with her. She'll be 'busy' with Tom until bedtime tonight. That should give us five or six hours to ourselves. Do you want to order some pizza for tonight?" John's smile was enough of an answer and they strode off to her dorm room with their hips bumping each other occasionally, hands firmly clasped.

Once they had closed Dawn's door, John passionately kissed her, taking her a little by surprise and definitely taking her breath away. When she pushed back to catch her lost breath, he started an important conversation with her.

"Dawn, do you believe me when I say that I love you?" She nodded and he continued.

"You have changed my life for the better. Before we met, I was just the 'accounting nerd'. I still don't know what it is you see in me, but I'll take it. You make me feel so much better about myself, simply by your affection for me.

"When we went to your folks' place over Halloween, your dad mentioned that you had been 'a bit on the wild side' and that you had seemed to tone it down since we met. Then your Aunt Margie mentioned your 'hijinks' and her faux-surprise that you had not been booted out of school yet. Your mother mentioned that there is now happiness in your eyes." He paused to catch his breath and to forestall her interjection.

"Today, on my way into my last class, there were some jocks who were talking about a 'wild Country Dawn'. They hushed up when they saw me, so I can only intuit they were talking about you, as it seems the whole campus now seems to know about our relationship.

"From all of this, I can only infer that the Dawn Taggart of now, who I love so dearly, is greatly different than the Dawn who existed before. I've thought about it and I've decided that I don't care who you were before we met. I did not know her and she did not associate with me. That Dawn has no impact on me, except in that she is who you have evolved from.

"I can ignore when others talk about her; that's simple for me. But how should I, or we, handle it if someone directly brings up stories about the 'wild Dawn'? Do I simply respond that the Dawn of then no longer exists? Moreover, are there things that are likely to come up that I should know about so that I won't be surprised if they come out? Please don't fret, Dawn. I love you and that will never change!"

At his kind, gentle, and loving words, Dawn burst into tears. Not knowing what else to do, John wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to his chest. He liked how he could stretch his chin up and rest it on her head while she burrowed her face into his chest. It gave him his 'Superman' feeling, of being her protector. Dawn sobbed for a few minutes, dampening his shirt without soaking it. Finally, she scrubbed her face back and forth, drying what tears she could. She pulled back and worriedly looked into John's face, but quickly realized she need not have been concerned. All she could see was his love and adoration for her. He kissed her again. Dawn practically melted into him at that loving gesture.

John led Dawn to her bed and sat her down on it. He then took his seat at the foot, one leg tucked underneath as he faced her. Likewise, she turned to face him, and he reached his hands out to her. They sat there for nearly ten minutes, simply holding hands and occasionally stroking the other's. Dawn used the time to organize her thoughts about what to share with John. She prayed to God that John would still love her and not turn tail and run for the hills.

"Okay, John, you asked about 'wild Dawn'. I'll tell you, but I need you to hold me while I do," she bargained. "And you have to let me get all my words out, okay?" Nodding his head, he scooted closer to her and opened his arms once again. She raised both legs across his, nearly sitting in his lap. She worried her upper lip for a couple of seconds, then began.

"Mamma was pregnant with me when she married Daddy. She did not want that for me, so she wasn't taking any chances, not that I blame her. Mamma got me started on the pill shortly after I turned 14 in the 8th grade. I was the leader of the 8th grade cheerleading squad. We had a very serious talk towards the end of 8th grade, so I knew what was what. It's fairly common for girls to drop out of high school because their boyfriend knocked them up. A couple of girls in my graduating class had buns in their ovens at commencement. Maybe there's something in the water down there, I dunno.

"Anyway, custom and tradition have the cheerleaders going out with athletes. I was never one to buck custom and tradition, so that's what I did too. But I never had a steady boyfriend, until you, John. Being on the pill promoted a sense of freedom in me. I felt free to try on boys for size and aptitude. Let me tell you, high school boys are fucking clueless, and pretty clueless about fucking. Sure, they may know something about Animal Husbandry from down on the farm, but that knowledge doesn't easily translate to human relationships. Many of the college guys are the same way.

"I thought I was being smart about insisting they rubber up, too. Do you know the statistics, John? The pill is roughly 91% effective at stopping ovulation. No ovulation, no egg; no egg, no pregnancy. And condoms are about 98% effective, overall. I never had any issues with the pill although some of my high school girlfriends had bad reactions. Still, I never let a guy go bareback in me until he showed me a recent STD test, or unless I knew he'd never been with someone else. A couple of guys in high school actually did get tested for me before we got down and dirty.

"So, when I got here, away from home and unwatched, I kinda went a little wild. I tried on most of the first‑string football and basketball players, looking for 'the one'. Sure, some of them could 'ring my bell' on occasion. And a couple of them seemed somewhat trainable, too. But it was this fall, right after classes started, when I realized how unhappy I was, that something critical was missing in my life.

"Julie asked me if maybe my stated objective of 'cock size and stamina' was really good criteria for evaluating guys. It didn't seem to be making me very happy, I'll admit that. Then she hooked up with Tom. She was out‑of‑her‑mind happy! It seemed like she actually glowed with her happiness, and they hadn't even really had sex. But what they had, very quickly I might add, was a loving and caring relationship where she felt safe and protected.

"I haven't kept track, John, but I'd estimate that I've had sex with about 30 to 40 guys, up until the first of September. Maybe a couple of them were repeats of earlier times, but none of them were serious candidates for what I truly desired: a loving and caring relationship where I could glow like Julie. I just never quite realized it until she had hers.

"Then Tom and Julie set us up for that movie night, probably in self‑defense. I kinda made a play for him when she went home for a weekend. I wanted so badly to have what she seemed to have that I tried to take things too far. But after our first weekend together, John, I knew there was something incredibly special between us. Before we met, I never wanted to continue seeing anyone again.

"John, I'm certain that you are the one for me. Even right now, given a choice between you and Tom, I would choose you every time. You ring my bell, every time. The little things you do say so much about how you care about me. And we seem so very good for each other!

"John Edward Wilson, I promise you that as long as you'll have me, I will be yours and only yours. I love you, so very, very much!"

She completed her story with a long, slow, soft, and passionate kiss on his lips with just the barest tickle of tongues.

"So, what do we say to anyone who brings up your past?" John finally asked.

"We say, 'that was then and this is now. If you have a problem, kindly notice the mistletoe attached to my coattails.'"

John snorted as he parsed out what she had said.

"Yeah, that was one of my grandpa's favorite ways of telling someone to kiss his ass," Dawn shared. A wistful look briefly flashed across John's face.

"I think I would have liked to meet both of your grandparents."

"They'd have loved you, John. They always wanted us to improve our lot in life, just never at the expense of someone else." Dawn snuggled deeper into his embrace. "I've definitely improved mine with you."

"Okay then. Just to be clear though, you didn't take any drugs during your 'wild child' phase, right? There are no other skeletons in your closet?"

"No, John. A beer or a glass of wine sometimes. No hard alcohol and never any drugs. I may have been wild at times, but never stupid. I had to remain in control to keep myself safe."

"Okay. I guess we have our answer if anyone gets in our space with stories of your wildness. Now, do you want to get started on our coursework?"

"John, it's Friday afternoon. Our coursework can wait until Sunday evening, can't it?" Dawn asked coyly. "Surely there's something else we can find to pass the time together, isn't there? Especially after our difficult yet necessary talk." She started nibbling at his neck just below his ear and her nose exhaled into his ear. John's mind just shut down as a goodly portion of his body's blood flow rerouted to his groin. Dawn's hand rubbed over the bulge growing in his pants, further encouraging more blood flow. "Oh, goody! Look at what just popped up. My new favorite plaything!" She skillfully undid his belt and unzipped his jeans.

"Get your shoes and socks off," she commanded him. John immediately toed off his shoes and Dawn dropped to her knees on the floor to assist with his socks and jeans removal. His briefs highlighted his erection, and Dawn's mouth began to water. It did not take them long to divest the other of their clothing. Soon they were in a 69 position with John lying on Dawn's bed and the two of them going to town on each other.

This was Dawn's second‑ or third‑favorite position with John. It allowed the upward bend of his erection to ease along her tongue and past her uvula into her throat. She then would hum softly to stimulate his meatus. The position also allowed John to hone his oral techniques on her as long as she wasn't overly distracting him with her ministrations. She had no idea what videos he had been studying prior to their hooking up but she would recommend them to anyone. And he was getting better with every session! As her orgasm swept through her, she had to relinquish her hold on his cock. John was quickly learning how to play her body so very well!

Finally, she gasped, "Enough! Just fuck me, Big John! Make me yours and yours alone! Take me!" He gave one last loving lick of her pussy and slid out from under her. Dawn was panting and looked him squarely in the face. "How do you want me?"

"On your back, wench!" he growled. John had no idea where in his psyche that came from, but Dawn's eyes grew wide and her nipples became diamond hard points. She had no inkling that John could behave so dominantly. It excited her, a lot!

"Yes, John! Do it! Take me! Tame me! Tame the Wild Country Dawn!" she exclaimed. She wiggled around and hitched up her knees with her hands, spreading her sex for her man's desires and enjoyment.

John swiftly began to tease her twat with his bare cock head. He would slap her clit with it a couple of times, then pretend he was going to plunge it into her. Instead, he would scrub the underside of his cock on her pussy, spreading the copious lubrication Dawn was generating between their parts. Then he'd slap her clit with it a couple more times.

"Do you want this in you, girl?"

"Yes, yes, please!" she gasped.

"Bareback or protected?"

"I don't care! Just shove that pole into me, John, NOW!" Dawn tried to trap his cock inside her opening, but she didn't have the necessary leverage. She was subject to his whim and that excited her. "Just fuck me now, John!"

"You might get pregnant," he warned, a sinister smile crossing his face.