All Comments on 'The Gun Seller in Retreat'

by empty_coffee_cup

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Potentially an interesting premise

But the story didn't live up to that potential.

And the water sports certainly added nothing -- for me, at least -- and were mostly a turnoff.

Gave it three stars.

metropolitanmusemetropolitanmuseover 2 years ago

Hadn't thought of this kind of laughter-with-erotic yuck since I discovered Southern's Candy as a HS kid. Utterly ridiculous of course, almost a test to see how far into decadence (assuming one starts out with 'conventional' tastes) one can be taken while self justifying arousal (i.e. getting it up and off while soaked in 'mere' urine). Amazing the level of altered big head cognition(?) that can be generated by fevered little head 'thought'. Then again, life and literature is filled with characters who fell into shit by allowing that to happen - the blackmailed senator from The Godfather first comes to mind but there are, of course... zillions.

PS As I recollect, without rereading, Candy, pop-market outrageous for its time but not nearly as 'disgusting' or what we'd now consider unconventional. The demi-monde has always been there (Genet's The Balcony) and this note has me looking up a term I'd not previously used in writing or speech and recalling 'lit' from a much younger me. The redeeming social value of porn.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous