All Comments on 'The Gunfighter'

by gordo12

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
So, to be a Western...

You just narrate in illerate English and try to sound like a Billybob character? Horrific writing. You need to give this up. Go back to being the category police.

cpl8140cpl8140about 5 years ago
Great

Thank you for writing a most enjoyable story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I hate Jake

And don't have much use for the story or Emmy either... rignt from the start she showed herself a selfish bitch who had no respest for marriage or her husband. He woulsd have been better off leaving her in the east.

cordialddcordialddabout 5 years ago
Zane Grey would roll over in his grave

But you couldn't learn where little rustlers came from by reading about purple sage. Fun, well-paced story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed this.

robinhodrobinhodabout 5 years ago
Good.

Not great.

Probably as good, or better than the 'penny dreadfuls' (I'm a Brit).

I just don't buy into the Wild West myths, so maybe I'm out of order even commenting.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Liked It a Lot!

At first I thought it was going to me the typical macho man steals the woman of the ordinary guy, but Michael was such an asshole that he didn't deserve Emily, and Jake was actually pretty honorable, all things considered.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I thought your story was very good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The contrast couldn't be greater. One was a man, one was a boy. She was stuck with the boy!

Finally, an author who understands the relationship between guns and manhood. Michael was stupid, weak, and mostly a coward. And Emily, like many women, did not understand strength and courage until she needed rescuing and protection. Once they dump Michael Jake will teach Emily how to shoot, while he's teaching her how to fuck.

Darwin will dance on Michael's grave. Jake and Emily's children will help settle the West, and rid it of slime like Bill, and worms like Michael.

Thanks for some brutal honesty about intelligence and self defense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Reminds me of the best western movie ever made, "Once Upon A Time In The West"....

but without all the big name stars.... just a microcosm with far fewer characters.

100 of 100 women will always choose the big, good looking bad boy with the biggest dick.

I liked it... a simple story. 5 *s. I just wonder how Emily felt about him fucking all the widows he saved from working in the saloons and whorehouses?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
outstanding

thank you. truly enjoyed this tale. well done. SF VET

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very enjoyable

Thank you I truly enjoyed reading your storeC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
That was very entertaining

Not what you expect in the LW section, but fun to read. I expected John Wayne to make an appearance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Lot of McMurtry & Parker in the atmosphere...

But it's not quite as studied as it felt like the author was striving for. Seemed like once some of the scenery was dealt in, the plot trundled along the tried and true wimp loses wife to rich guy line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Michael

Michael went from a decent guy marrying his sweetheart and pursuing a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow to a fool who would try to cheat at a game he didn't understand.

By now the myth of the gunfighter in the west is a bit overplayed. I wanted to like this story, but Michael's unexplained character made little sense. Emily and Jake were unlikable.

This might have worked better as a flash story.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago

What a great story!

Michael was such an asshat. After he gambled away all their money, leaving them broke and starving, then losing the deeds to their home, it was only a matter of time before Emily ended up as a saloon girl. For once you had me rooting for the cheating wife!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
Laughing out loud

Not at the story, but at the comments. Most of the Anonys who get so pissed off at the wife who cheats on a husband because a better man has come along are going along with this being a good story. 😂

Of course, you made Michael into not only a wimp but a caricature of a wimp, starting with him falling in horse shit. Then he’s a tiny dicked loser who can’t satisfy a woman, while Jake is top notch in the sack. Add to that the fact he’s well off, as these things go, while Michael has gambled away all of their grub stake.

How is this story different from the ones in which the meek insurance agent loses his wife to the much more successful bank VP, who has more money and a bigger, better dick, frequently a bigger, better, black dick?

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 5 years ago
Fun Read

I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Over the top characters but what the heck, it's a Dime Novel, isn't it? Fits the genre' perfectly

callmesparkycallmesparkyabout 5 years ago
Well done!

Bravo! A real story from a fine storyteller.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@ReedRichards Re: "Laughing out loud"

The difference between this and the "meek insurance agent" stories is that in those stories the husband is a decent man, who provides for his wife, and is usually a competent, if not exciting, lover. Michael was none of the above.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Piece of shit hero character

Author though tried did a poor job of showing the husband as a loser...the real losers are the wife and the hero if this story...

StormKing33StormKing33about 5 years ago
5* Unique, not the usual LW tired cliche

I thoroughly enjoyed this unique tale in an LW setting. I live out West and have studied the extreme challenges faced by those pioneers. There were quite a number of Michaels that either died or returned back to East. The Jake and Emily types were rugged, brave, adaptable, and smart individuals. In these Western situations, women clung to strong men rather than pretty boy wimps. Given the horrible survival situation she was in, her cheating was justified by the Darwin saying of survival of the fittest, and Jake was the fittest of them all.

I feel so pumped up, that I want to take my Colt Single Action Army Pistol in 45LC and pop some rounds out in the desert.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
piece of crap

guns and manhood?

wished michael shot jake in the back because that's exactly what the gun would make him able to do. take revenge like the pussy he is.

then shoot himself because he's trash not worth living.

and emmy has to become a whore after all. hopefully raped and scalped by some savage indians.

KingBandorKingBandorabout 5 years ago
I lost it at gooey bits

"Emily's lady bits were all gooey and for the first time in her life she knew she wanted a man." Gross.

It was weird how Michael transformed. If you took this out of the wild west, it would be destroyed as a cuckold story. I felt it started out well, but around the time Jake killed bill and the lady got gooey it went downhill.

A man almost killed her husband. She just watched a man get killed... A bloody mess... Loud banging guns... All things she has never experienced... She should be feeling terrified and major culture shock.

Instead, she gets damp and suddenly wants to cheat on her husband.

Jake is too superhero. Michael is too pathetic and the wife too gorgeous, vapid and easy.

KB

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 5 years ago
As casting consultant...

John Wayne, Jane Fonda, and either Steve Buscemi or Robert Carlyle, the easy ones. But I haven't a clue how to cast the five-legged fly, one of the loveliest parts in the whole piece (even though in my family, there was no clear division between religion and fly fishing).

What a grand story. Huzzahs and five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
5stars

Thought it was well written and entertaining to read. I liked that jake was the good guy. In real life good guys usually get shafted. Piss on the grumblers and keep writing I for one have enjoyed all of your stories. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
TALES OF THE OLDE WEST ARE COLORFUL AND MOSTLY TRUE

the events, people and lifes live on after death which others happen to spot the odd ones, at odd times, TK U MLJ LV NV

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 5 years ago
Laden With Clichés

Too much narrative, not enough dialogue carrying the story. Not necessary to mimic the style of the ‘penny dreadfuls!’ However, it was an enjoyable and plausible story, considering the basic realities of the era and the (somewhat too accelerated) seduction of a displaced young wife!

4*

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Liked your story

Not McMurtry or La'Amour, but pretty darn good anyway. To get all the Old West cliches into the story you should.have Michael take Billy's gun and shoot Jake in the back for stealing his wife. A distraught Emily takes up Jake's pistol and pops her husband for shooting her lover. Michael gets a lonely grave on boothill while the widow nurses Jake back to health. After the jury finds Emily not guilty in Michael's death, the old judge marries the lovers , allowing them to ride off into the sunset. That's my ending, but yours was better. All respect to Mr. Bierce, but I don't think John Wayne would have pissed on the traitor , Jane Fonda, if she was on fire. The marve!ous Maureen O'Hara has to be Emily.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
@ReedRichards

It's no different at all, and I personally didn't care much for it. Much of the story is painting Michael as such a loser with no redeeming qualities, but they left out the part where he had a gun to Emily's head during the wedding vows. Not to mention that Jake knew nothing about the man when he decided to seduce his wife. Great guy or cowardly loser, he intended to cuck him, if not outright steal his wife, from the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What a wonderful change of pace.

Thank you for sharing.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 5 years ago
Swamper defintion

This is American/Canadian 1800's slang for an assistant to a driver of horses, mules or bullocks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Cheap Romance Short Story

Painting Michael as a weak, unable man was a cheap shot for someone who took a gamble to so into the wilderness to make a new life.

Well-written but a cheap story.

T.T.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loved this story. loved it.

I was immersed in the story.

Was hooked and needed to read the whole story.

Not a big issue but the transition of michael was obviously deliberate so that jake and Emily don't seem like cheaters abd bad people... But I felt Jake was shortchanged, he went down on her, gave orgasms but never got head. Nitpicking for sure but that may have been my view.

I enjoyed the building up, and after investing in the characters it was a payoff for me.

Keep it up and remember YOU are the storyteller, we read YOUR story and hate it or love it.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
I fived it to support Westerns, but Reed and King Bandor were correct in their criticisms

Knowing about Cassiar almost made up for girly bits

Swamper is still a pretty common term.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Ugh, all the mistakes of punctuation and grammar ruined this for me. I'll give just a few examples and maybe you'll figure it out for future stories:

"He liked Morgan, had played with him many times and considered him a straight shooter(PERIOD). "(CAPITAL W)hat happened?"

"Can you go to the bathhouse and tell them to start preparing a bath(QUESTION MARK - a question requires a question mark)".

"Sure(COMMA - ALWAYS A COMMA BEFORE AND AFTER A PROPER NAME IN DIALOGUE) Jake," (HE SAID COMMA)his eyes wide with disbelief staring at a whole dollar."

Honestly...

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Too wimpy etc

As other comments caricature of wimp and cheaters

No one to like

Hate anti hero

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Enjoyable Read

I, personally, don’t read anything on this site to study someone’s punctuation, word usage or whatever. I read to escape the everyday reality of the world around me.

I found an excellent escape in the story, and the other Gunfighter Story.

Keep up the good word. Your efforts are appreciated!

Munchie184

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5 stars

Loved it!

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

As someone else said, I do not read except for enjoyment. 5*.

gordo12gordo12over 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you, PepePilot, for the comment and the support. Truthfully, the punctuation people have a point. I've tried explaining that it's been over 50 years since I graced anything resembling an English class, but...! If I want to improve, I need to do better at it. I think you'll find any new stories coming up quite different in that regard.

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

Thank god for westerns.

gordo12gordo12over 3 years agoAuthor

@Wisquejac - Couldn't agree more. I love to read them and writing them has been a real pleasure. Punctuation and grammar aside. I have a few more coming so make sure you follow to get notified.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago

Agree with Pepepilot and Wisquejac. Good crisp story. 5*

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Yes!

Stories like this, and the Western Channel is what keeps me happy. Thank you for this excellent story. Five Stars, punctuation be Damned!

Semper Fi, because today is my other Birthday.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Hmmm

You seem able to write the only cheating wife stories that don’t leave me feeling like raining hell on the cheaters.

RanDog025RanDog025about 3 years ago
Excellent 5 star story!

THANK YOU! LOVE WESTERN STORIES. OWN EVERYTHING L'AMOUR AND J T EDSON WROTE.

IndyOnIndyOnabout 3 years ago

Terrific! Gordo, you write the best romance stories....if you don't already, you could do this for a living. Now if we could get Literotica to email us when a favorite writer posts a new story..... BTW...*5*

gordo12gordo12about 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you, IndyOn. You follow me, so if you look at your notification panel, anything new will display every time I publish.

At the top of each page (right corner), you'll see your avatar or a blank head. Hit the drop-down box beside it and choose home. That is a separate profile page for EVERYONE, and the authors you follow will show up there when they publish. I have my Literotica link set to arrive there to check for fav authors every time I arrive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very nice story. Not the typical BTB loving wife story. Kudos.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 2 years ago

I read your other western and I have to say, you have a talent for it. Loved this one. And of course, another 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars.

A cute story.

You have the ability to create believable and likeable characters.

Not perfect characters with superhuman abilities or traits.

Just everyday ordinary flawed characters all wrapped up in a subtle sense of humor so each story portrays a levity that adds to the pleasure of reading it.

Thankyou for the time and effort you put in so we mere mortals can enjoy ourselves.

A R W

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story Gordo!

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

What would have made it a good story is that Jake was shot an killed in a classic western duel. But it is in "loving wife" cesspool so it fits. Stupid me thinking reading a western with a hero like male protagonist.

gordo12gordo12about 2 years agoAuthor

@Mikoda: So, she should stay with Michael, who has left them destitute, and end up as a saloon whore? Is that your idea of a "good story"? That a good wife stands by her husband no matter what disasters he perpetrates? Tell that to the women who have been beaten. Tell that to the women with alcoholic or drug-addicted spouses. I'm pretty sure they'll have a different take on the issue...as I do.

Instead, with Jake, they build a life, a family and give back to the community, especially women in trouble. The main characters live happily ever after, the idiot that caused the problems pays the price. There's a social message there, as there is in almost all my stories.

Definition of Loving Wives: "Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more."

It never ceases to amaze me that readers come into this "cesspool" to read and then complain about what they read. I left your comment up to show other readers the depths of stupidity some of you reach! 🙄

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Great read

You earned the 5 in the rating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

IT'S TO BAD WE AE BUT ONE LIFE TO LOVE AND LIVE!!! GREAT STORY AND OH SO TRUE!!!

PogSmithPogSmithalmost 2 years ago

Great story! You have a knack for writing about the old west and would love to see a few more from you!

gomer63gomer63about 1 year ago

A truly inspired story! Darntootin if it wudn't a fun read! Love the imagination, expression and feeling written into this tale. You have a real talent and I really appreciated your creativity and delivery of your stories! I haven't seen a story from you recently, but I hope you haven't given up!

gordo12gordo12about 1 year agoAuthor

No, I haven't given up. I've moved online to sell books now. As I've gotten better (hopefully) in my writing, I kept shelving stories because they didn't fit in the Lit universe. Lit has a lot of restrictions that don't exist in real life. It's also nice to see a regular royalty check.

I'm using different pen names there. I don't share it because of the troll problem here. Amazon doesn't remove 1* votes or ugly comments, and I don't need book sales lost because of their behaviour.

Thanks for the comment and compliment!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well, I don’t think Louis L’Amour would have too much to worry about, but I do think it’s a great story. I had a little laugh at the fly in his mouth. Been, there, done that, gagged over it both times.

Gross! Thanks for the story, Gordo, it was a good one.

Five stars.

notdumnotdum7 months ago

Very entertaining. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Charming old west romance. Bet there are more chapters to describe homesteading and the growth of the town. Helping more new pilgrims in need, and maybe being asked to become town Sheriff and town elder. Helping out friend and gambler, Morgan with his haunted past. (Kinda like Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday?) Maybe Morgan is smart and educated enough to be drafted as a school teacher? Later settling down with another widow with young kids? (How the west was won?)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Pretty good story - I enjoyed it. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergordo12@gordo12
805 Followers
Nov 2020 A change in my comment policy: I've allowed commenters free reign in the past. Unfortunately, a few have abused that. Therefore, if you post shit, you'll get deleted. Nov 2020 Sorry for not keeping this up. Two new stories coming. One for the Winter Contest called "H...

SIMILAR Stories