The Halfway Inn Pt. 02

Story Info
Rowan finds himself in a strange new world.
4k words
4.64
4.1k
3

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 01/21/2024
Created 09/24/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Halfway Inn

Part 2

Rowan awoke to an empty bed. With a heavy sigh he hefted himself onto his elbows and blinked bleary eyed at his surroundings. Something wasn't quite right, the rough canvas and fur bedsheets he had fallen asleep in had vanished, replaced by a smooth red duvet edged in black lace. Casting the covers aside he sat upon the edge of the bed, looking toward where he had unceremoniously thrown his clothes the previous night. They weren't there. Confused, he glanced around the room, apprehension settling to his stomach. Gone were the rough wattled walls, creaky floorboards, and moth-eaten drapes of the old inn house. Fine wood-panel walls surrounded him, floors covered with a vibrant patterned carpet of sable and crimson, elegantly embroidered curtains tied by gilt ribbon accented the ornate windowpane. The whole room gave an air of luxury that was entirely alien to Rowan. He spent a while wrapped in the soft material, enjoying the warmth and intermittent birdsong.

Finally dragging himself out of bed Rowan found his clothes neatly folded upon the bedside table, cleaned and ironed. There was a pleasant warmth to their touch, as though he had just taken them from a roaring fireside. Slipping into the heavy woollen fabric, he pondered his strange surroundings. As pleasant as it was, he could not help but feel uneased at such a drastic change. How had he ended up here? Was this some secret room in the alehouse reserved for discerning guests? Xeryix would have the answer, and he had not seen hair nor hide of her since last night. Easing the richly carved mahogany door open any hope that he was still in the alehouse vanished. Beyond lay a brightly lit landing, golden sunlight streaming from a large rose window bathing the regal room in a warm glow. Fine candelabras hung from the arched ceiling, vibrant tapestries lined the walls, illustrating a level of debauchery Rowan had not thought possible. Descending the sweeping staircase to the flagstone floor below Rowan found himself among life-size marble statues. There were elves and dwarves and beastfolk alike, sculpted with such diligence they might come to life at any moment.

'I hope you enjoyed your rest,' a familiar voice echoed across the room

Xeryix reclined idly along the velvet cushions of a chaise lounge, a leatherbound tome hung haphazardly between her slender fingers. Vivid amber eyes stared demurely at Rowan, exemplified by the soft purple tone of her skin, dark hair fell in torrents upon her shoulders, symmetrical ram's horns protruding through the strands of her hair, curling gracefully around the points of her ears.

'What is this place?' Rowan spun to face her.

'My home,' Xeryix shrugged, 'I thought it would be more comfortable than the straw-filled sack they called a mattress,'

'your home?' Rowan spluttered incredulously, 'Do you kidnap everyone you sleep with?'

'No, I tend to drain their corporeal form of their life force, leaving them a mindless husk to wander aimlessly for all eternity,'

She said this with such a calm tone of sincerity Rowan was unsure if this was a joke or not. Xeryix set her book aside, rising from her seat like a leviathan from the waves. She stood a full foot taller than Rowan at least, a flowing dress of fine dark fabric hung loosely from her shoulders, cascading in rivers of lush fabric over her seductive form.

'You however, I decided could be of some use to me,'

'What use would you have of me?' Rowan cautiously inquired as she strode past him, leaving the faint smell of roses in her wake, 'I'm no warrior, I have no experience darting between realms, and I'm hardly the adventuring type, I'm a wanderer, a poor wayfaring stranger if you will,'

'Then you should be glad for the opportunity I am presenting you with,' came her reply without a backward glance, 'Follow me,'

Xeryix led the way out of the imposing double doors, into a world Rowan had only heard of from rambling half-drunk wizards. The stars were visible in the ethereal blue sky, though their positions were entirely wrong to his memory. Nebulas of every colour vibrantly glistened in the heavens, but what really caught Rowans attention was the land he stood upon. He could clearly see the terrain stop at a sheer edge of jagged rock about a half mile away, beyond which lay a fleet of floating islands, as if they had been torn from the very earth itself.

'Come along now Rowan, you have a busy day ahead of you,' her sing-song voice carried across the vast echo of this strange realm, 'you can admire the scenery from your dormitory,'

'Dormitory?' Rowan snapped his attention away from the strange scenery around him, 'you don't expect me to live here in this hellscape?'

Xeryix halted, wheeling about on her heels to face Rowan. her eyes flashed a crimson malice as she stared him down.

'this "hellscape" is your new home, you belong to me. Your soul was mine the moment you accepted my embrace, it cannot be given unwillingly, nor could I take it through trickery. I could easily have devoured you last night, however, I saw potential in you and spared you because of it, do not assume I will continue to be so benevolent. Now, we have a little ways to walk,'

The rest of their walk was spent in silence, the only sounds being the familiar chirp of birds which was a comfort in such alien surroundings. After what became quite a pleasant half hour hike Rowan's eyes fell upon an unexpected yet familiar sight. An inn house, like so many he had frequented on his travels, stood in the centre of a flat field. A lone cobbled track led up to the aged wooden door, the whole building leaning over the road as though trying to see who was passing beneath its eaves. The timber-framed walls were whitewashed, contrasting with the coarse black oak beams that crossed between them. A weathered sign hung from a crooked post in the nook of the crossroads, though the paint was peeling Rowan could still make out the words carved into the wind-beaten board.

"The Halfway Inn"

The interior was reassuringly recognizable, there was a large stone fireplace set into the far wall, a hearty fire belching heat into the large tavern floor. Assorted furniture was spread sporadically across the worn floorboards, cork coasters stacked in the centre of each table, creaky wooden chairs tucked neatly away, there was even a large painting of Xeryix hung across the far wall, lying temptingly across scarlet sheets, with nothing but a thin chemise to cover her modesty.

'Welcome to your new home Rowan,' Xeryix smiled, 'I do hope you'll find it comfortable,'

'this is just a Tavern, why is there a tavern here?' he shot her a quizzical look,

'I find them quaint, I've had many a good night in a tavern, ours included, I've always wanted to own one, that's why I bought this little island in the Halfway, plenty of Realmwalkers who need to rest, relax, a few demons too, that is what I offer here,'

'and where do I fit in to all this?'

A childish grin spread across Xeryix's face, her amber eyes lit up with excitement.

'you, my dear Rowan, are going to be my bartender,' she giggled like a five-year-old who had just confessed a secret to her best friend, 'come, I'd like to show you where you'll be staying,'

Firmly grasping his hand she led rowan through a small archway near the back of the dining area and into a narrow dimly lit corridor. An even row of doors lined the left wall, each with a name carved into the architrave.

'You're in room six,' Xeryix gleefully told him, pushing open the door with a loud creak, 'you will find everything you could need here, bed, chest of drawers, mirror, a bookshelf, and of course a wonderful view of the beer garden,'

she indicated each item as she listed them, Rowan was pleasantly surprised to find that the furnishings were better than most inns he had visited. He noted the feather mattress, usually reserved for wealthy clientele in most taverns, and the linen sheets would be far more comfortable than the rough, itchy wool and furs that he had slept in previously.

'We open midday,' Xeyix continued, 'the others should be up and about in a couple of hours or so, if you have any questions I'm sure Vornalla or Goomluga will be happy to assist you. Honestly, it means so much to me to have you as a member of our team, I had been looking for someone of your calibre for a long time.,'

Before Rowan could reply to this influx of information, Xeryix planted a kiss upon his cheek. Immediately he felt a static sensation course through his body, an intoxicating wave of ecstasy. He knew it was the effect of the Succubus, but he couldn't help himself but get lost in the immersive feeling. By the time he returned to his senses Xeryix had vanished, leaving him in the room which would become his new home.

Rowan peeked his head into the gloomy passage. He couldn't hear anything from the other rooms no matter how hard he strained his ears. Tentatively he stepped into the hall, he couldn't quite remember the names Xeryix had told him before she vanished, but he supposed as his name was already carved into the doorframe the same was true for the others. He stole along the creaky floorboards, painfully aware of how his footsteps reverberated across the dusty walls. He read the names as he passed until he found one that sounded vaguely familiar. Taking a deep breath Rowan raised his fist and gingerly gave two sharp knocks on the rough wood.

Unsettling silence followed as Rowan stood awkwardly outside the door. It suddenly occurred to him that he had no idea what he should say, where should he begin? Had they also had a similar experience with Xeryix? Or were they some otherworldly demon she had hired? As he pondered, the door abruptly swung open, startling him from his contemplation.

'Yes?' a drowsy voice enquired.

Weary crimson eyes regarded Rowan as he stood there like a rabbit in a foxes den, her skin was the same hue as the evening sky, her hair as pale as moonlight, with the tips of her pointed ears poking through the silvery strands. A simple robe was wrapped around her slender form, accentuating the smooth curves of her hips, and giving Rowan a tantalizing glimpse of her cleavage.

'you must be Xeryix's new addition,'

'I am yes,' Rowan suddenly realised he'd been staring.

'we noticed your name appear on room six yesterday,' the Drow woman yawned, 'this is the one day a week I get to lie in, go to room five, speak to Goom, she'll take care of you,'

without another word she shut the door, he heard the latch click on the other side.

Rowan barely had a chance to knock at room five before the door burst open. Startled, Rowan let out a sharp expletive, almost stumbling over himself as he stepped back.

'Oh my, do be careful!' a concerned voice said from the doorway, 'I didn't mean t'make ya jump,'

the voice belonged to a short olive-green skinned creature, who was now staring at Rowan with large, concerned hazel eyes. He'd heard enough drunken adventurers slurred stories to recognise a goblin when he saw one, though she didn't at all look like the bloodthirsty critters they had described.

'I heard you talking to Vornalla, and I just couldn't wait t'meetcha,' her large, pointed ears almost flapped with excitement.

'You must be Goom, I'm...'

'Rowan, yes ya name appeared here yesterday,' Goom interrupted, pointing excitedly toward his room, 'We'd just finished our day when Krugga spotted it, it's been a while since we had someone new join the team,'

'Yeah, about that,' Rowan began, 'Xeryix said I was supposed to be the bartender, I don't exactly know...'

'That's what I'm here for,' Goom interjected once more, 'I'll show ya the ropes, get ya t'grips with the job, I got dressed especially early for it,'

Rowan had already noticed her clothing was very similar to what many barmaids wore in his home realm. A simple beige dress cinched at the waist by a laced corset, often with an apron or tablecloth tucked at the waist. On Goom however, the tight corset only accentuated her already impressive bust, which looked almost comically large in comparison to her small frame. She was similarly endowed below the waist; Rowan couldn't help but stare at the sway of her hips as she led him through the tavern floor toward the bar.

Two hogsheads of mead sat behind the counter, the shelves above stocked with all manner of bottles, organised into clear, green and brown glass. Rundlets were stacked underneath, yellowed parchment marking what was in each. Goom pulled herself up onto the bar, her feet dangling a foot or two from the floor.

'This is where you'll be working,' She beamed, tapping the worktop, 'it's a fairly simple shift, ya stay here, pour a few drinks, and we take care o' the rest,'

'I've been to my fair share of taverns, I know how to serve a few pints,' Rowan assured her, stooping to examine a rundlet of ale.

'then ya won't have t'do owt,' Goom swung her legs over to Rowan's side, 'me and Feralith handle most of the tables, if it gets too busy then Vornalla and Kazir will chip in, ya won't have yer hands full that's for sure,'

'So all I really need to do is stand here and pour a few pints,' Rowan was beginning to warm to this arrangement, especially if he was going to be working with Goom, or Vornalla.

'mhm,' Goom nodded vigorously, 'if ya run in to trouble just give Krugga a yell, she's our bouncer, she'll handle it,'

'I've only met you and Vornalla, and Xeryix of course, I don't know who feralith or Krugga are,'

'ya will soon,' she gave a reassuring nod, 'Feralith's a bit high and mighty, like all elves really, Krugga's an Orc, might look intimidating but she's a real softie when ya get t'know her. Xeryix is the most difficult t'get on with, though ya didn't have trouble with that,'

Goom shot a wink at Rowan,

'How would you know anything about Xeryix and I?' Rowan responded indignantly, trying to hide his embarrassment.

'I know she brought you here, I heard ya both talking t'eachother, our rooms are next door ya know,' Goom leant closer to Rowan, staring at him intently with her large, charming eyes.

'So...' Rowan attempted to change the subject, 'You've worked here a while have you?'

'Ya could say that yea,' The goblin nodded, her gaze fixed upon him still, 'Vornalla and Kazir were here long before me though, looked after me after Xeryix bought my soul,'

'She slept with you too?'

'No,' Goom giggled mischievously, 'but now I know you have,'

'Wait, If she didn't sleep with you how did she get your soul? Xeryix said it couldn't be given unwillingly,'

'shhhhh,' Goom placed a finger to her lips, 'don't ya worry about how she goes about finding her souls, I want t'know how she found ya,'

'What does it matter? I'm here now,' Rowan shrugged, resting himself against the large barrel behind him. Goom hopped down from her perch. At her full height she could barely look over the top of the bar on her tiptoes, Rowan found it difficult to Imagine her carrying large trays of tankards to and from tables. She stood between him and the open end of the bar, her arms folded beneath her impressive bust.

'Yer not the usual type Xeryix brings in,' Rowan felt her eyes examining him interestedly as she spoke, 'far more... rugged, weathered, ya got a hint of adventure to ya,'

'Adventure?' he chortled, 'Whatever gives you that impression?'

'the beard mostly,' Goom stated with a shrug, 'ya have that sorta look, y'know?'

'I'm no adventurer, just a wanderer, I do odd jobs here and there, earn enough gold to stay the night then move on the next day,'

'ya must be used to taverns then, I can see why Xeryix picked you, but there's one thing I still wanna know,'

'what?'

'how'd she find ya?'

'In a tavern,' Rowan admitted, 'Specifically, the Inn room I was renting,'

'Oh really?' her large leaf-shaped ears pricked up like a bloodhound, 'Tell me how that went,'

A wave of apprehension swept through Rowan. Goom's insistence was a little forward for someone he'd only known for an hour at most, and yet, in the back of his mind Rowan felt the need to tell her about his experience sleeping with Xeryix. After all, how many mortals can boast about encountering a succubus and living to tell the tale? If he was going to be staying with them, they were going to find out sooner or later, his tongue always loosened after a pint or two of ale anyway.

'Fine,' Rowan rolled his eyes, 'I'll tell you,'

He began to relay the events that had led up to his arrival to the Halfway. From preparing the night before, to Xeryix interrupting his slumber and their enthusiastic coupling, to waking up in her mansion. Goom listened with rapt attention, going so far as to pull out a rundlet to sit head in hands as he spoke. Recounting his experience, Rowan found himself indulging more and more into his conceited side, spurred on by the effect his vivid storytelling was having on the small, enraptured creature that served as his audience. Goom continuously fidgeted in her seat, crossing and uncrossing her legs, her olive-green face flushed a brighter lime.

'Are you alright?' a smirk spread across his face, her obvious arousal was only feeding his boastfulness, 'I can stop if it starts to be too boring for you,'

'N-no,' Goom blurted, 'It's not boring I swear,'

'You sure?' Rowan asked in a pseudo-mocking tone, 'you're being awfully twitchy,'

Rowan leant forward, an arrogant grin splitting his face from ear to ear. Goom looked up at him with a similar expression, sharp fangs visible behind the enticing frame of dark green lips.

'ya seem just as excited as I am,'

Rowan glanced down. He had been so caught up in reliving his night with Xeryix and Goom's reaction he hadn't noticed his own growing arousal. Her eyes were fixed upon the bulge in his breeches, a strange hunger glinting in their bronze depths. she slid across the smooth floorboards to Rowans side. Rowan felt himself tense as Goom leant closer.

'Is that all of ya down there?' she flashed him a coy wink, 'not very professional t'wander round like that,'

'Sorry, I guess I was too caught up...' his attempts to apologise were cut short. Goom had placed a hand at his waist and was currently pressing herself up against his thigh. At her height she was around eye level with his crotch, and tantalisingly close. Now it was his turn to be flustered.

She cautiously brought her free hand up under Rowans woollen shirt. He felt her sharp nails scratch his skin as she curled her fingers around the drawstring hem of his trousers. She paused, quickly looking up at Rowan, wondering if she should continue. He nodded brusquely, and she began eagerly untying the knot of his belt. Rowan's heart raced; someone could walk in at any moment. Would the bar be enough to hide them? Could they be heard? Was anyone even awake? These Questions floated in his thoughts, until he felt a sharp tug as Goom relieved him of his garments.

'Oh my,' Goom's eyes widened as she examined the monster she had freed from its cloth cage. Her large ears drooped almost to her shoulders. She looked visibly paler than a few moments before.

'It really IS all you,'

'yeah,' Rowan said self-consciously, 'that's all me,'

'No wonder Xeryix brought ya back,' Goom continued to stare at his semi-erect cock with awe, 'yer quite t'catch,'

She tentatively wrapped her fingers around it, barely managing to touch her middle finger and thumb together. Gently she ran her fist along his length, assessing it from base to tip.

'yer going to be quite a challenge,'

'we don't have to do anything,' Rowan assured her, glancing nervously at the dormitory hall.

'nonsense,' Goom waved a hand dismissively, 'I'd be a fool t'pass this up, asides, we have time enough for something,'

Confidence had returned to Goom's voice as she held the now fully stiff member in her hands. She repositioned, her tempting lips frustratingly close. Rowan held his breath as she wrapped her other hand around his girth and moved her head down. Her breath puffed hot against his bared head; she licked her lips in preparation as Rowan's own anticipation built. He stifled a moan as the hot wetness of her mouth enveloped the exposed length of his cock. Her hands tight around his shaft squeezing as her tongue rolled. Rowan grasped the Hogshead with white-knuckled fists as Goom continued her ministrations. A muffled moan escaped her throat, one hand displaced the other as she slid down another inch. Rowan could feel clenching waves of pressure as she sucked eagerly, then she pulled back breathless.

12