The Halloween Party

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

_____________

At 6:00am the alarm went off, and Abbey was still right where she dozed off; resting on Hank. She turned off her alarm and looked up at Hank with a sheepish smile. "Good morning."

"Good morning, sunshine."

"Thank you for last night. That is the best night of sleep I've had in years."

"My pleasure. Your being the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes, I think I was the lucky one. Come on, let's get moving. I've got to get to work and find out about Dallas."

As much as she enjoyed the complement and where she was laying, that statement about Dallas got her up.

They quickly showered and ate and by 7:00am, they were out the door. Abigail was only going to pick up her last things and say goodbye to Mr. Wilcox, if he was in. After the party last night, she didn't expect, nor want, to see her manager nor her colleagues.

When Hank got in, he was busy thinking through what he would need to do to transfer his work to someone else. He left a message on his manager's cell phone and a big note on his desk to contact him. It was urgent.

He looked at his phone. Several texts and a couple of voice mails form his soon-to-be ex-wife. He ignored them.

A few minutes after 8:00am there was a gentle knock on the door. It was Tina, "Soooo, tell me. How did it go? You looked great in the picture that you texted to me. Who was behind sending the boxes?"

Hank told her, "Well, if confirmation that my marriage is over was the intent, then I'd say it was a very successful night."

Tina said, "Oh! I'm so sorry, Hank. I was hoping for better." She paused a second and continued, "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

This elicited a smile from her co-worker, who told her how wild it was to be there and hear people talk about you like you aren't even there. That incognito thing was useful. He said, "Let me show you who sent the costume and organized everything for me. She was amazing."

Did Tina pick up more than a little admiration in that statement? It sounded like it.

When Hank showed her a picture of him and Abigail together, Tina said, "you've got to be kidding me. A person that looks like that bought, or rented, that nice costume for you to wear last night? Holy shit. She's gorgeous. I was feeling really sorry for you, regarding Jennifer, but not when I see you standing next to her. My God, please fill out a lottery ticket for me, because your luck is certainly improving."

"There isn't anything going on there. She was just a good friend when I needed one who wasn't afraid to show me what was going on.

"Well, we said you needed to know the truth."

Know! There was that word again. "I'm not sure I know everything. There were a few times when I didn't pick up on all the innuendo or things from the past and couldn't ask questions without revealing myself. However, I think I know all that I need to know about my wife."

Later, his manager came in and told him that the original position was no longer available, but he could transfer to Dallas at his current position and salary. He would need to finish his current work from there, but there was no problem with him transferring. Done. That was a no brainer.

He quickly gathered his laptop and personal items and was done at that office. Tina gave him a hug and told him to stay in touch. His other colleagues were stunned for him to be leaving so quickly.

He stopped by the bank and took half of their liquid assets in the form of a cashier's check. He would open another account at a different bank later, in Dallas.

Once finished, he called Abbey and asked, "well, I'm all approved and ready for my move to big-D. What are you doing?"

She let out a squeal on the other side of the phone call. A squeal? Was this the same woman he met three years ago that was so confident and cool as a cucumber?

She said, "Really? That's fantastic. I can think of any number of fun and pleasurable ways that we 'could' celebrate, but I'll be a good girl. How about if I pick up some ethnic food and meet you at my house for lunch on the back patio. What would you like?"

"Whatever you want is fine with me. I'll pick up more beer."

If he could see the look on her face then, he wouldn't have ended the call with such an open-ended statement...or then again, maybe he would have.

She picked up some Indian food, and he was sitting in his SUV on her street when she opened two garage doors for them. As soon as he got out of his car, she was on him with a big kiss. Her tongue was doing its best to search for his.

"Whoa, girl. You said you would be good."

She smiled those delicious lips at him and said, "You said whatever I want is fine with you, and I wanted that."

Damn. "You know, for some reason this whole grieving thing is not nearly as painful as I was expecting. Are you sure you haven't done this before, because you are very good at not letting me get depressed?"

"Oh, Mister, you have no idea the things I could do to keep you from getting depressed."

He was really hoping he would get the chance to take her up on that one day. Where did that thought come from? He guessed the last several months of suspecting his wife was cheating, and then the confirmation last night had rearranged his longing for Jennifer. You could argue that it was overnight, but really, the letdown had been happening for months.

They were having a good lunch when his phone pinged that he had a voicemail. It had been on vibrate all morning, so he didn't have to hear whatever Jennifer wanted to say. He told Abigail, "You know, I blocked her out of my find my friends app late yesterday afternoon. I've not listened to one message from her, nor read one text. I've completely removed myself from her life. Do you think you could put up with one or two? I'm curious."

"Sure. I've got ways to cheer you up if she brings you down."

He grinned at the possibilities of that statement. He checked their security system via the app on his phone and could see that someone opened their door at 3:00am, which he guessed was when she got home. He played the first one, which was from 8:00am.

The venom was spewing. "You are acting like a spoiled little boy who couldn't take the girl he wanted to the prom. Grow up. It was just a stupid company party."

He looked at Abbey, "So that's how she's going to play it. I don't think I need to listen to anymore."

She replied, "I don't know if I should tell you this, but I suspect she is going to be changing her tune before the end of the day. The reason I implored her and Olive to not go through with today was that Mr. Wilcox knows what is going to happen today and where. I told him. He was beyond furious. I don't know what he is going to do, but I doubt Richard will be employed beyond this afternoon. The reason I know all of this is that Richard continues to try to get me to join their group. I've always refused."

"Oh!" He paused a moment and then smiled. "I hope Mr. Wilcox doesn't fire her until after the divorce, so I can avoid alimony."

"I really don't know what he's going to do. He thanked me for letting him know and wished me luck."

He asked, "So what are we going to do between now and your move? Since I'm homeless, I'm at your mercy, until I find a place to live in Dallas."

"Well, since we have to go downtown later, anyway, why don't we go to the botanical gardens after we clean up. It has been one of my places to get away when I need time to be by myself and think. I wouldn't mind visiting it one more time before I leave. I can show you around.

"As for this weekend, I wanted to take a few of the breakable things that the movers can't guarantee won't get broken up to the house to ensure they get there safely. I was going to drive back for the move on Tuesday. They will move my car with them when they move everything else."

He thought for a second and said, "How about this? Why don't we do that, but we'll rent a car and drive back together. That way one of your vehicles is already at the new home. Then on Tuesday you can drive your other vehicle and I'll follow you in my SUV. You save money, because they don't have to move your car, and we get to spend the weekend together."

"I like that."

"If you don't mind, we can stop by my parents' house for lunch."

She looked mortified at the suggestion. "You haven't even told your wife, much less your parents, that you want a divorce and you want to take me to see your parents?"

"I do."

"Okay. Truth time. Jennifer wasn't very complimentary of your parents; especially your mother. She said your mother was often very direct and gave her a hard time. I really don't want to be eaten alive."

"Don't read too much into that. Trust me, the feeling was mutual. Jennifer never liked being questioned by anyone, but especially my mom. I think she felt they were beneath her social status. My parents are going to feel differently about you. Besides, it's not like we are dating. You're in the process of saving me from being depressed and lonely, remember?"

That sly grin returned, and they prepared to leave for the botanical garden.

On their way there, Hank called his parents and told them to prepare the guest bedroom. He was bringing a surprise. When prodded for more information, he only told them to expect to have guests for lunch on Saturday and Sunday. They looked forward to the visit and said they would be ready.

Abbey asked, "Are you sure about this?"

He replied, "They're pussycats, and they are going to love your helping me move to Dallas. You'll be fine."

As soon as they arrived at the gardens, Abbey received a text from Richard. It said, "Olive backed out. We could use an extra. Interested?"

She replied, "Never."

Abbey told Hank that Olive backed out. They were both pleased that she did, but she and Bud had a lot of work to do to repair their marriage, if that was even possible.

Once downtown, Abbey showed him all of her favorite things to see in and around the gardens. They rented a canoe and paddled for a while, enjoying the quiet and solitude of the moment together. They sipped coffee on Lou Neff Point while watching several boats navigate the Colorado river. It was a pleasant afternoon.

As the afternoon ended and evening began, they had to go and deal with some unpleasantness. Fearing he wouldn't have an appetite later; they went early to Terry Black's and each ordered a plate of BBQ with sides and a beer. At 7:00pm they were nervously looking around for anyone that might look like a PI or someone that would give them the information they were expecting. No one showed.

At 7:10pm they were beginning to discuss leaving, when a woman rushed into the restaurant looking around. When she spotted Hank, she came directly to him. "Hi. Sorry I'm late. I sent you that text yesterday. I have some info you might want or need."

"Well, if you are going to reveal that my wife is a traitorous whore, then you are a little late. I heard it from her own mouth last night."

She shook her head and said, "Yes, I have details about her previous engagements, also, but you need to see what happened today. Some of what I'm about to show you is only just over an hour old. It's kind of graphic. Are you sure you want your friend to see this?"

Hank looked at Abigail and said, "I've got nothing to hide from her. She stays." This pleased Abbey greatly.

The lady pulled out a folder and placed three pictures in front of him. They were all time stamped with a different date. Hank studied them carefully. It was easy to see that it was Jennifer engaging in some sexual act with someone.

The first and most recent one from the same date as the texted video was a still shot of her having missionary sex with someone he didn't recognize. Like in the video, there were several other people in the picture.

The second picture from two months before that, showed her bent over the back of a chair and Richard having sex with her from behind. He could clearly make out Olive in the background.

The third picture was from nine months ago. It was a close up of her giving someone a blow job. It looked like either someone zoomed in on the picture, or it had been cropped. Another woman wearing an exquisite graduated diamond necklace with a remarkable center stone, like what you would see on the red carpet in LA, was in the picture, but the crop prevented her head from being seen.

After Hank had studied the pictures, she pulled out a tablet and started a video for them to watch. It opened to a scene inside a large hotel room. Clearly there was a hidden camera being used. She said, "This is from today. I'll zoom through to the ending."

She zoomed through people entering the room and disrobing. Soon everyone was naked and having some type of sex. After a while of this activity and partner switching there was a knock on the door. You could hear, "room service."

As soon as the door was cracked police rushed into the room, quickly followed by Mr. Wilcox and Sheila from human resources. The police didn't ask any questions, and everyone was cuffed. Mr. Wilcox separated his employees from the clients, and the police quickly removed the clients from the room.

When only the employees remained, still cuffed, he went one by one to each of them and said, "you're dismissed," except for Jennifer. To her he said, "you're suspended, pending review." The police then walked each of them out of the room, handcuffed and naked, making statements about being charged with prostitution and Richard was being charged with multiple counts of pimping.

She then stopped the video and began flipping through pictures of them being perp walked out of the hotel and into the back of a waiting police van, or as they used to call them, a paddy wagon.

Abbey said, "Wow. I cannot believe Mr. Wilcox did that. There is going to be some blowback from that, which will probably hurt his business for a while. That took some balls."

Not being in nearly as admiring mood, Hank asked, "I don't suppose the pictures and video where Jennifer is being perp walked out of the hotel, naked, could be delivered to the Austin American-Statesman and the local news stations quickly."

She replied, "already done."

"Good. Let's see how her high and mighty, society parents like seeing their precious daughter in the paper's police blotter."

This was the only time that Abigail had seen any vindictiveness from Hank. While it was deserved, it wasn't a pretty site. She didn't, and wouldn't, say anything about it. If this was as angry as he got, then that would be surprising.

The PI left the folder and tablet for Hank and bid them a good night.

Hank and Abigail sat quietly for a few moments, processing what they had just been shown. Hank offered, "I'm with you. Mr. Wilcox really blew them up. I knew from the picnic that he took a dim view of that type of activity, but I didn't know how serious he was."

Abigail said, "I knew he was upset when I told him what was going on, but I didn't expect this. Wow. After all this, I have the feeling your divorce is going to go rather quickly now."

"Me too." He thought a moment and said, "Damn! I meant to ask who sent her. I didn't hire her. I wonder who did?"

Before Abigail could answer, Hank's phone rang. The caller ID said, City of Austin Police Department. He looked at Abigail and said, "It's hard to believe that she has the balls to call me from jail to bail her out for prostitution. I really don't want to talk to her, but it would be cruel for her one phone call to go to voice mail."

"Then tell her you will call her parents for her."

Hank answered the phone and put it on speaker so Abigail could hear, "Hello Jennifer. What do you want?"

"What? How did you know it was me? I'm not calling from my phone?"

He said, "I'm not as stupid as you think I am. How much is bail?"

"What? Uh. Ten thousand, but you only have to put up a thousand."

"Fine. You'll be bailed out shortly."

Jennifer was completely caught off guard by Hank's lack of surprise. Then she realized how it must look and started her act. "Hank, you have to believe me. The charges are false. It's made up. They've made a big mistake. I'll explain..."

Hank disconnected the call without a reply.

He searched his contacts and called Jennifer's mother. "Hello, Mrs. Henderson. It's Hank." He let her reply. "I'm calling to tell you that Jennifer has been arrested and is at the police station downtown. She needs $1,000 for bail, and I'm not going to pick her up. So, if you don't want her ass to sit in jail along with her fellow prostitutes, either you or your husband, and maybe a lawyer should go and get her. Goodnight." He disconnected his phone again and turned it off.

He looked at Abigail and said, "You probably think I'm a terrible person; don't you."

Abigail said, "I think you've been under an unbelievable amount of stress. You were very fair. You could have not taken the call at all and she would sit there for a while. Even if you did that, I couldn't have blamed you."

"Thanks. I think you are going to have your work cut out for you tonight."

"What work?"

"Making me feel better."

She lit up the room with her smile and said, "I know just the thing."

They picked up a couple of tubs of ice cream and microwavable hot fudge on the way home and sat next to each other on the floor in front of the TV eating it. Later, they snuggled in the big chair again until after midnight, after which time he picked her up and carried her to bed...to sleep alone.

____________________

The next morning, he was excited, and Abbey was nervous. He told her, "Relax. There's nothing to be worried about. It's not like I'm bringing home my fiancé or anything. I'm introducing you as my best friend, which you are."

She liked him saying that but couldn't help wondering how his parents were going to react to everything. They grabbed a paper on the way out of town and made the two-and-a-half-hour drive to his parents. Abigail was talking nervously most of the way until they got closer, then she became noticeably quiet.

It was very typical for homes in the area. A fairly standard ranch, four-bedroom home with three baths. Over the years his mother had given it more of a hacienda look, and recently the brick exterior had been painted white and a tile roof replaced the aging traditional roof. The yard was well kept, and the fall chrysanthemums and pansies were blooming and beautiful.

It sat on just over 12 acres, and the back of the property had a small pond, which depending on the recent rainfall was either feeding or being fed by the Waxahachie Creek area which flowed down into the man-made Bardwell Lake. Many adventures were had back there by Hank and his older brother Emanuel, or Manny, when they were growing up. Behind the house was his dad's workshop, which was usually occupied on the weekend by his dad trying to complete some project or another for himself or his wife.

His dad and mom were doing okay, financially. His dad had served in the National Guard for a number of years and was now an executive director in the Waxahatchie School District's superintendent's office. His mother was an English & Spanish literature high-school teacher in the school district. They had both begun mumblings about retiring in the not too distant future.

When they reached the house's carport, not garage, his father came out to greet them. The look of confusion on his face was obvious, when instead of Jennifer getting out of the front seat, Abigail exited. Halting the questions even before they began, he said, "Let's get inside first, so I only have to explain this once."

His mother heard them come in and called out, "Hey you two, I made lasagna. I know it's your favorite, Jenn...." That was all she got out as she rounded the corner and saw a very lovely Hispanic Abigail looking like she was ready to run out the door.