The Halloween Party

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She's going to because your marriage is still young, and you are going to make mistakes. Just like she needed a little help working through some of the things she had to endure, maybe you need the same. I think she truly was worried about your being alone, but men process things differently from women. You may have been better off with more time by yourself, but I know she was afraid that you could slip away; so I don't blame her for staying close. She only wants the best for you."

"I keep saying it, but I know. I don't want to tell her on the phone. I'll go see her and beg forgiveness."

"Your mother took her to their house. Why don't you and I drive down in the morning. Text her now to let her know that things are okay. You can sleep here tonight, and we'll swing by your place on the way in the morning."

"Thank you."

"Mijo, I love you too. Abigail has been so happy since you've been in her life; truly, deliriously happy. Also, you helped her to come back into my life, for which I thank you. I want you two back to normal as quickly as possible. We need to keep that little grandbaby happy."

"Yes, we do."

Hank texted his wife that he was an idiot and was sorry and would throw himself at her feet in the morning. "I love you, Abbey. Please forgive me."

"I'll forgive you as soon as I see you. Get here quickly."

_____________

Morning couldn't arrive soon enough. Hank slept fitfully, and Marelys was up and moving by 6:00am, because she wanted to get them back together as soon as she could. They stopped by his house, and he took a shower in record time. They were out the door by 6:45 and at his parents' house by 7:30. His mom was cooking breakfast.

He sheepishly came inside, and both of his parents hugged him dearly. He asked, "Where's Abbey?"

"On the swing by the lake."

Hank walked out to see his wife, and he could see her in the swing, which was barely moving. When he arrived, his wife was smiling. He was about to say something, but she put her index finger to her amazing lips, asking him to stay quiet. Then she waved her hand for him to come to her. She patted the seat next to her for him to sit, and as soon as he did, she placed his hands on her belly.

He could feel it! Their child! It wasn't much, but he could definitely feel it. With awe in his voice, he whispered, "I guess our girl is awake."

"What makes you think it's a she. It could be a wild and rambunctious young man like his father. He's been awake all morning."

Hank snorted at that, though he and Manny had their moments when they were little. "I think she will be the most wonderful young woman in the world, because she's going to take after her amazing mother, who I love with all my heart. Please forgive a stupid man. I'm sorry I had you worried."

"My darling, I suspect this won't be our last bump in the road. Just know that my heart is true, and I will always love you and do what is right for our marriage. That is my commitment to you, to us and to this little boy inside me." She grinned at him when she said the last bit and another angel got its wings, while Hank's heart melted, yet again.

She continued, "Oh, honey?"

"Yes?"

"Since we didn't go to the opera last night, do you think we could find tickets to the symphony next month? I saw where they are performing Beethoven's ninth with the choir."

"It would be my pleasure."

She smirked at him and said, "You know I won't be able to fit into any of the dresses I currently own, right?"

He gave her a smirk of his own, and replied, "let me guess; only the Zac Posen you saw a while back will do."

"I think you are reading my mind. And?"

He mockingly said, "And? And? And the Jimmy Choo's that you passed on."

"I think those will do, if they are accompanied by the Judith Leiber Couture Clutch."

"So my accompanying you isn't enough?"

"Hmmmm. Okay, but definitely the dress and the shoes."

It was a small price to pay given the last 24 hours. He loved this woman - his wife, and she loved him.

_______________

Four months later she wasn't really loving him as much. The epidural removed the pain, but now she couldn't really feel anything below her waist, and she was exhausted. It took twelve hours before she was completely dilated and could even start pushing. They had been awake since 2:00am. Now, she had been pushing for what seemed like hours but was more likely sixty minutes and she was worn out. The doctor and doula assisting were tired too. If she didn't deliver soon, the doctor would perform a C-section, though nobody wanted that.

A few more minutes of grunting and cursing, and it was over. Isabella Consuela Johnson was born. She was named after Marelys' and Esmerelda's mothers. They would call her Izzy. Looking into those grey-green eyes for the first time, Hank knew that his world would never be the same. He gently laid that beautiful seven-and-a-half-pound bundle of preciousness into his wife's arms, and they couldn't wait to see what came next; safe in the knowledge that whatever their challenges may be, they would be able to handle them together.

***If you got to the end, thank you. I had been wanting to write a story where the MC learned of his wife's cheating from a prostitute or escort. Actually, that was the spark for this story. I've also been looking forward to writing a sugar skull costume into a story, because when done well, I believe them to be sultry, mesmerizing, desirable and many other enticing things.

I'll be publishing another story of similar length very soon. I hope you found this interesting and will be willing to give it a look, also. Thanks.***


1...5678910