The Healer Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Coral can't help but laugh at this, as she knows it to be true.

"He fell deeply in love at a young age with a maiden centaur named Searra. They were almost inseparable and when they reached the age of consent they mated at once. He worshiped her; he became a kinder, gentler man. When the fates saw it fit to take her from him, he changed. He was bitter, almost cruel for a time after her death. Perhaps a year ago, he started to withdraw inward, spending more time alone, not speaking much unless he needed to. I think that is why King Rainer brought him and Wistan along on the Atonement this year, to expose him to new places, to try to jar his personality back into what it once was. He has changed, being around you. I can see in him remnants of the boy and man he was before."

The walk up the ramp towards the castle; Reid stops just before opening the door for her, "I do not envy you, maiden. It is an impossible choice. All I can say is this—make this choice, for you. Don't do it for either one of them." He pushes the door open, no longer walking beside her but behind her as he escorts her up to her room.

Coral manages to catch Gladys walking down the hallway. The old woman takes her bag, following her into her chambers, "I was very worried about you last night, my lady." She rests the bag on the small desk, waiting to take Coral's mud covered boots away for cleaning. "I thought Prince Quell was going to work himself up into a fit—he would have galloped through the storm if his mother hadn't forbid it. He spent most of the evening pacing in his room, that poor thing."

Sitting on the small sofa, she unlaces a shoe, handing it to the woman. As if to push that subject aside, she says, "Gladys, I have a new elixir I've concocted. I'm curious as to if you would test it for me?"

The woman's brow crumples, "I...I suppose I could give it my best, my lady. What does it do?"

Handing her the other boot, "Well...there really isn't a way to 'dance around the truth' as the centaurs would say, so I'll just out with it. It is supposed to open up your nether regions so that they can easily receive a centaur man. And, ah, it is supposed to make it just as enjoyable for the woman as her mate."

Gladys' eyes grow wide, "Good heavens," is all she can stammer out.

"You don't have to agree, you can tell me no and I will think nothing of it, Gladys," Coral says, pulling her damp socks off.

It takes the woman a few moments to respond, "It sounds too good to be true, in all honesty."

"I know it sounds like magic, that is why I am in need of someone with a centaur mate to test it," she pulls off her dress and shift. Smelling her skin, the scent of Vadim invokes memories of last night, "though I am almost positive that it will work, I just need to be sure."

"Ah...all right, my lady. I will test it. My mate has been wanting a child for years now, as do I, but the actual act of conceiving doesn't happen near enough for me to become pregnant," she frowns, "it always takes me a long time to heal up so that we can mate again."

Finding a soft, deep blue robe, Coral pulls it on over her naked body, cinching the tie around her waist. Though the fabric is not sheer, it clings tight enough that it leaves little to the imagination. She walks to her bag, pulling out the vial, pouring a bit of it into a second empty vial, which she hands to Gladys, "Use just a bit of it, about the size of a berry. Have your mate rub it...on your womanhood. More so the upper part, between the flesh folds." The words come easily, though she feels awkward saying them.

Gladys nods, "Do you want me to have them bring the tub back in here, my lady?"

"Actually, I want to use the castle bathhouse, could you take me there?"

The woman shifts awkwardly, "Of course, my lady."

Gladys leads her out into the hall, Reid skeptically watching them as the head to the east wing of the second story. He follows a ways behind and Gladys takes care to speak so quietly not even he would hear, "I have never been in the bathhouse myself, but from what I understand it is a large waterfall. The doctor says that it has a natural mineral in it that calms one right down. Do not be surprised if someone from the royal family is already there, they have no qualms about bathing together. In fact," she clears her throat, "at least in the public bathhouses in town, it is not uncommon to find a couple mating, with several on lookers. I've always found it odd myself, but my mate says that is how young centaur males learn what to do with their future mates, from watching others interact."

Coral, starting to regret her decision, nods in thanks as the woman points towards the door. Leaving her and Reid behind, she pushes against it; it opens into a wide enclosed cavern. There must be an opening somewhere high above, as natural day light shines down on the wet stone. It is large, the size of a small pond with a beautiful waterfall pouring down into it, the water sparkling in the light. She hesitantly glances around, but doesn't see another soul in the room.

She walks to the edge where there is a bench carved into the stone; shedding her robe, goose bumps forming on her body from the brisk air, she looks down into the pond. Able to discern that it is deep enough, she dives right in. The water is surprisingly warm, the rush of swimming about invigorating her bones. With the scent of Vadim washed from her skin, she almost feels normal again, as if he had marked her. Floating on her back, staring up at the high stone ceiling, she contemplates the possibility of her future with either Quell or Vadim. She does not lightly weigh the choice, but forces herself to imagine the possibility of living her life with one and not the other. Only when her body aches worse at the thought of continuing on in one of their absences, does she know who her heart beats for, who she truly bothers drawing in her next breath for. She knows it will still cause her pain, as it will for one of the brothers and it causes her sadness to know that she will always hold a small place in her heart for the man she will not choose as her mate. With her choice made, she feels at ease.

That is, until she sees Rainer looking down at her.

"You have a remarkable body, maiden," he says with a half smirk on his lips, not hiding the fact that his eyes wander down her front to take the entire view in.

Startled, Coral thrashes around a bit until she has righted herself, embarrassed by her nakedness, "I—I didn't realize anyone else was here," she stutters out, "I apologize for my intrusion, King Rainer."

"Nonsense," a gentle voice replies; Coral turns her head to see Kiera drop her robe, her smooth skin almost as white as her coat. Her long blonde hair barely covers her large breasts, which sway slightly as she walks into the pond, "and I have to agree with my husband, you are very beautiful."

Unsure how to respond, she awkwardly half paddles away from the pair as Kiera swims out to Rainer, her hands gently washing his deep black coat. Coral hovers near the edge of the pond, trying her best not to watch the centaurs bathe each other, though her eyes are drawn back. They splash playfully, Rainer throwing his arms around his mate in a surprisingly loving way. When she manages to break free, Kiera swims to the shallow end of the pond, Rainer pursuing her immediately. As the top of Kiera's white back barely shows above the level of the water, Coral's eyes grow wide when Rainer comes up from behind her, raising his forelegs on either side of her back. In one swift motion he mounts her, his body leaning forward to capture a kiss from her lips, his arms wrapped around her torso as he thrusts against her.

Coral, burning red with embarrassment, dives under the water and swims towards the waterfall to give the mating couple some privacy. As she comes up on the other side, she finds a small shallow cavern where she is able to stand up in the water. Smoothing her hair back, she draws in a deep breath and huffs it out, trying to ignore the sounds of Kiera's moans and Rainer's grunts.

"I still find it awkward too, to this day," Quell's familiar voice says to her.

When her eyes focus, she sees that he casually leans against the back ledge, watching her, having been there the entire time.

"My handmaid forewarned me, I just didn't...I didn't think anyone was here." She treads water, watching him. It is the first time they spoke since she got back from Severton.

Quell's gaze leaves her. He starts to swim away from her, halted only when she speaks again.

"Quell...can we talk? Perhaps somewhere more private?" Her voice is small, she is nervous.

His shoulders seem to droop; he doesn't turn back to her, he simply nods and climbs out of the pond. Coral follows, ringing out her hair before grabbing her robe and hastily tying it around her naked body. Walking behind Quell, Kiera and Rainer seem oblivious to the pair leaving, they themselves wrapped up in the throes of mating.

"Your room or mine?" Quell asks quietly, opening the door out into the hallway.

"Yours?" She says, her eyes falling on Reid. When he sees the pair, a nod from Quell dismisses him.

Quell's room is not far from the bathhouse; it is large, overlooking the front of the castle to the town down below. She enters first as he holds the door open for her; a quick glance around and she sees the lavish mound of pillows he sleeps on, a few tables, a fireplace, a large wardrobe, a display case with a set of fine looking armor and weapons and a few other ornaments, though nothing excessive. She walks to the window, looking out at the streets full of people getting ready for supper. Coral knows what she wants to say but before she can, he speaks.

"He will make you a fine mate," his soft voice says. There is no animosity in it, only a hint of sadness. When Coral turns to look at him, he continues, "He can give you all that you want. More than I can, perhaps. I can see the happiness in his eyes when he looks at you. It is just as well, that you find a human mate." His last words sting of bitterness.

All she can do is stare at him. Wrapping her arms around herself, she tries to keep the anger out of her voice, "I just...don't understand you, Quell. None of you, in fact and I'm not talking about centaurs, I'm talking about all males. My entire life has been dictated by males and for my entire life, I have been blamed by males for it. Piers decided to make me his apprentice. Tobias decided to take me as his wife. Rainer decided to pluck me for you—you decided you wanted me as your mate, your brother decided he loved me and as soon as he did, you decide to cast me aside? Do I ever get a say in my own future? Or am I just supposed to do whatever it is a man thinks I should?"

Quell looks at her, his brows crinkling slightly, a mild frown on his lips, "Of course you get a say in your own future. The choice lies with you—me, or my brother? But why would you choose me, a centaur, over one of your own kind? I am not deciding for you, I am simply saying what I see to be true."

"Then you must be blind," she snaps at him, her anger starting to rise, "because I love you. Your brother is a good man, he is kind and gentle and he will make someone a faithful mate some day, but it will not be me. When I think about spending my life with anyone but you, I feel empty. It aches, every moment that I am away from you and the fact that you think me incapable of loving you because you are a centaur, well, that just hurts."

Her words sting him. They stand there, staring at each other; Coral stews in her anger, Quell in his shame at having angered her so. Then, as if drawn by an invisible force, they rush forward to each other. Quell's arms wrap around her waist, lifting her up as she throws hers around his neck. Her lips crash into his, the desperation of the connection so vast that Coral can feel tears fall from her eyes. She missed the warmth of his body on hers, the scent of his skin, the taste of his mouth. He reaches down, sliding an arm under her legs to lift her up against his chest. Several quick steps bring him past the mound of pillows to the corner of the room, where there sits a mounting stand.

He sets her back on her feet, breaking free from her kiss to gaze deep into her eyes; Quell can see the earnestness in her want for him. His hands untie the sash of her robe the deep blue fabric contrasting greatly at the soft paleness of her skin. She pulls something from the pocket before letting the garment fall freely to the floor, her naked body supple and ready.

Her heart pounds in her chest, her knees feel weak. She slips the vial into his hand, looking into his eyes, "Rub this on me. It will help me take you." Her voice is hoarse, the nervousness welling in her throat. With shaking hands, she turns herself against the mounting stand, laying her stomach against the cool soft leather, spreading her legs apart to expose her warm cunt to him. Coral stretches her torso out across the stand, letting her head dangle down so that she can see part of his legs behind her, her hands grasping the sides tightly.

Quell opens the vial, the smell immediately hitting him; it is floral, yet smoky, cold and warm. He pours the liquid on his hand, setting the bottle aside. Leaning over, seeing the smooth roundness of her bare ass in the stand, her cheeks spread enough that he can see the soft fuzz of her cunt and the suppleness of her thighs arouse him fully. With one hand, he touches her skin, running it down her leg before grabbing the lever and turning it, blocking the back of her thighs from moving; with the other hand, he reaches out, his elixir slicked fingers touching the wetness of her cunt. Slowly, he rubs the fluid over her clit and back up to her slit, the scent of it mixing with the smell of her arousal. When it reaches is nose, the mixture almost makes his head swoon, as if he had too much ale. Quell can hear her moan as he slides a finger inside of her, the warm, moist hole wanting more, he happy to oblige by adding two additional fingers. He can feel her stretch to accommodate him though he knows it will still cause her discomfort but his yearning for her is so great he trembles with lust.

As his heart races he wants to mount her, to ram into her and satisfy the burning desire inside of him but he forces himself to go slowly. Walking forward, his forelegs are on either side of her waist when he can feel his dripping cock nuzzling the warmth of her entrance. Shaking with restraint he leans down, his hands finding hers, their fingers intertwining. He looks at her, catching her gaze from the side as he manages to choke out, "Are you sure, Coral?"

"Yes," she breathes out without hesitation, her voice laced with carnal desire—she wants him.

He groans, watching her face as he inches himself forward; he feels the tightness of her hymen stretch before finally giving way, her waiting cunt encompassing his cock as he slowly takes another step, the fur of his belly brushing against her back.

Coral moans out, unable to restrain it; she feels the sting of her hymen tearing but it is quickly overcome with the wonderful sensation of his thick cock invading her. The feeling of his fur against her bare skin sends a shiver through her and with each inch her body trembles. She can feel a deep painful pleasure when his cock finally bottoms out in her.

Quell barely has a third of his cock sheathed in his mate but it doesn't matter as each inch is as close to divinity as he will ever get. He pulls out slowly, watching her body quiver. Pushing back in, the sound of her moan, the feeling of her body, the scent of her takes his breath away.

Each thrust and withdraw brings them more pleasure than the last. Quell can feel his own legs shake but he holds himself at bay. He can see her skin flush, the perspiration bead on her forehead, feel her cunt tighten around his cock and though his pace is still slow, he watches her reach the zenith of her pleasure and she almost cries out in the agony of the orgasm as it takes her. The noise she makes, so primal, so beautiful, pushes him past his own apex and with one final, long thrust into her, he feels his seed burst forth inside of her, the bliss so strong that it jars his vision and makes him dizzy.

He stands there, letting his cock dribble into her; releasing her hands, he gently caresses her face, wanting desperately to kiss her yet he waits for his manhood to soften as her cunt tightened drastically with her climax. Only when he can feel his cock start to shrink out of her on its own does he slowly ease back to look down upon her. She gapes open wide, his seed overflowing down her leg, the sight so stunning that he finds it hard to look away. Quell reaches down, releasing the brace against her legs; he has to help her to her feet but picks her up and carries her to the mound of pillows, lying down with her naked form.

She faces him, her body throbbing with euphoria. The way he looks at her, how he holds her hand to his chest, the sheer adoration in his eyes makes her feel complete. She finally knows what love is. He shifts forward, meeting her lips with a kiss so tender, so delicate that they hold it for a long time, neither wanting to part.

When they finally do, she snuggles her body close to his, resting her face in the crook of his neck. She listens to him breathing, his hands gently stroking her across her ribs and hips. Coral drifts into sleep in his arms.

Though brief, her rest is peaceful. As her eyes open, she can still see fading light through the windows. Careful not to disturb him, she slides free from his grasp, looking lovingly upon her mate; his eyes closed, breathing quiet, she feels complete just by watching him. She gets up silently, finding her robe to wrap around her body. Starving, she knows that she missed dinner.

The hallway is empty; though feeling awkward about wandering around in a robe, she plans on grabbing a plate of food and taking it back to share it with Quell. Her bare feet make no noise on the rugs as she makes her way to the room that they ate breakfast in a few mornings ago. Peering in, she can see that the remnants of dinner are still out on the table, left for Quell and Coral when they decide to eat. As she is about to grab a plate, she hears footsteps behind her.

"I missed you at dinner," Vadim's pleasant voice says.

Coral turns around, her eyes falling on his smile. As he breathes deeply, she watches that smile fade, sadness glinting in his eyes. It is a moment before he speaks.

"I...suppose congratulations are in order for you and my brother," he plasters a smile back on his lips, but the aching in his eyes doesn't disappear, "you two are a good match. I hope that your union will bring you both great joy and happiness for as long as possible."

Coral feels her heart break. She knows how he feels about her, how comfortable they felt in each other's company but it never occurred to her that she could love him almost as much as his brother. Her eyes begin to burn, tears falling with the sorrow of having hurt him so much, of wanting him, and of the fear of regret for her decision, "Vadim...I am so...sorry," her voice is a broken whisper.

He walks to her, wrapping his arms around her, drawing her close. The warmth and security she feels in his arms, the tenderness of his embrace has the opposite effect on her, making the tears flow freely. He rubs his hands up and down her back, pulling away slightly to hold her by her biceps. His smile is kind, yet pained, "Do not be sorry, Coral, you did what your heart wanted. Quell is a good mate, he will do all within his power to make you happy; he will take care of you and protect you. And if it couldn't be me, there is none other worthy to be your mate. I am happy, at least, that I can now call you my sister." His hands cradle her face, wiping away her tears. Looking into her eyes, the silence between them grows much like the distance between their love has to.