The Healer Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He makes an odd notation, almost a side note, that counting a centaur's actual years doesn't do them justice as a thirteen year old centaur has stature and mental capacity of an eighteen year old human; he writes that when he mentioned this to the King he was told the age of consent remains at eighteen for all, to avoid confusion. Master Gladstone points out that the centaur is by all means a twenty-three year old by the time they are able to claim a mate and perhaps that is why they venture into sexual exploration at a young age as a means to let out their frustrations.

Coral is completely entrapped by the book. Pelium has lunch brought down to them, he working on several books by his own hand of different surgery methods for wounded centaurs that he had to create during the Battle. They both eat silently while engaged separately. She is almost entirely finished with the book, examining the sketches of newborns when Pelium stretches out before grabbing his watch, "Oh dear, it is getting late. I best get home to dinner so that I won't be late for the party!"

She smiles at him, "That sounds like a grand idea; my eyes could use a break as well." Shutting the book, she leaves it on the desk as she doubts she will not have much time for reading in bed now that Quell can have his way with her. That and the fact that she doesn't wish to dredge up old memories of his lost mate and child by reading the book around him.

They walk out to the entry hall together, Coral bidding him farewell before continuing on her way. She has every intention of taking a bath with Quell before dinner but when she makes it back to the bedroom, he has something else in mind.

She shuts the door behind her, her eyes glued upon her mate; he stands in the middle of the room, naked, with his hands on his hips. His cock is already erect, hanging down from his body, ready to be put somewhere wet and warm and from the grin on his face, he has an idea of where that should be. The way that he looks at her hungrily, needy, lovingly, is something she will never refuse.

They barely make it to dinner. Everyone has already started eating and chatting about who is coming to the party in a few hours by the time Coral and Quell stumble in, freshly covered in each other's scents. Their pungency is almost too much for her to bear, so she can't even imagine what it must be like for the other centaurs though all they do is smirk at the couple. All, but Vadim.

After dinner, Kiera sends the men away to help finalize any last minute needs of the party so that she can spend time with her new daughter.

"Quell has a very...hearty...scent," Kiera smirks.

Coral closes her eyes, "I am not sure how any of you can stand it. I feel...degraded."

Kiera laughs, causing Coral to look over at the Queen like she has lost her mind, "Oh, my dear child. I can understand how it must seem for a human female but trust me, it is a very good thing. I know that your kind tend to keep such relations hidden but in the centaur world it is a matter of honor to exhibit virility. By marking you with his scent Quell is spelling it out clearly to everyone else around—you are his mate and not theirs. It isn't a matter of possession so much as a matter of celebratory pride; he is displaying that you chose him, not anyone else and that you are a highly desirable creature with whom he is enthralled with. Make no mistake Coral, though you might not be able to smell it because of Quell's odor but your scent is strong and all over my son, so it will do the same. It is part of the reason why centaurs have a tendency to mate either while bathing or shortly after—the scent is still there but the dirt is not. I know you are still learning our customs but I will warn you if you wash it off before he does, Quell will be hurt—though he would never admit to as much."

She sighs, understanding what the Queen is saying, "Thank you, Queen Kiera. I will bear through this until I can convince Quell to join me for a bath. Perhaps at the rate we are going we should just take up residence in the bathhouse anyhow."

The Queen chuckles, "Wise words in deed."

"May I ask a question?" Coral says softly. A gentle incline of the Queen's head makes her continue, "Vadim...when we spent time together he confessed to me that he had no desires to mate with a centaur, simply because he feels like it would be doing her a disservice yet I know that his engagement was arranged by the King. Would he...would the two of you force your son into this?"

Kiera stops in her tracks and looks upon Coral sadly, "I don't know, Coral. I have thought long and hard on this and there is no good answer," she sighs, touching Coral's cheek, "I saw how he looked at you. You would have made him very happy, just as you make Quell very happy. I wish there were two of you, Coral. That is the only solution I can see at this point."

Coral's heart aches. She loves Quell, very much. She just also loves Vadim too. She doesn't regret her decision; she just wishes she could have them both and she knows how outlandish it sounds but in her heart she has found a place for the two men. She locks her feelings for Vadim away, knowing it is the only choice she has as she loves Quell and doesn't want to hurt her mate. Acknowledging that the only remaining love she can exhibit for Vadim is that of sisterly affection, she broaches the subject with the Queen, "Quell and I have asked Lynette and her parents to attend the party tonight."

The Queen looks surprised, "Oh. He did not tell me. Or his father."

She nods, "I apologize, your highness. It is a delicate situation—none of us want Vadim to be alone. Perhaps, if it is all right with you," she shifts awkwardly, unsure how to word any of this, "well, I know how Vadim feels about taking a mate and I speculate that his assessments of how she might feel about it are correct—yet I think they are all wrong, ugh." She sighs, fumbling this up.

Kiera places a hand on her shoulder, "Coral, I know you have only the purest intentions in your heart when it comes to helping their relationship work. If you believe that you can facilitate it before it becomes necessary for Rainer to enforce it, then you have my complete confidence. Do what you see fit tonight; I will inform the King to let you do their introduction."

Coral smiles, relieved, "Thank you, Queen Kiera."

"Please, daughter—call me Kiera. Or mother."

Coral's heart aches a little at the last sentiment, "Thank you, mother."

...

The great hall where the feast was held is full of centaurs and humans though most are friends of Quell's. Doctor Pelium brought his wife and son who were both enamored to meet Coral and even Tillie, the baker, makes an appearance to offer her friend a hearty congratulations and a mounded tray of freshly spearmint cakes—which the Doctor snuck a few from as soon as possible. All of the centaurs have brought their mates and while a few are human, most of them are female centaurs which makes Coral feel even more out of place. Quell picks up on it rather early in the evening and insists on having her mount his back; she was opposed to it at first but has grown to love sitting atop her mate. He assures her, as other centaurs do, that it is more than appropriate for a mated woman to ride her centaur mate in this fashion as it is the equivalent of two humans holding hands.

She is on her second glass of mead when Quell leans backwards into her, speaking softly so that no one else can hear, "The couple that just walked in is Laire and Joanah."

Coral looks towards the door; she sees a well dressed, brown backed centaur, his head containing closely cropped graying hair and his face seems calm though from his stature it is obvious that he is knowledgeable in more than just the art of war. The woman beside him is almost the opposite; she is short and plump, with brown hair and eyes and a joyous smile. Not seeing their daughter, she wonders if Lynette is still in the hallway. Coral places a kiss on Quell's cheek and slides off of his back and onto her feet, not spilling a drop of her wine despite the room swaying a little. She quickly makes her way across the room to introduce herself.

Kiera and Rainer are standing at the door, taking introductions as the guests arrive; Rainer sees her approach, "Ah, Lady Coral," he smiles though it somehow looks just like his frown, "This is Laire and Joanah."

Joanah gives Coral a curtsey—Coral wraps her up in a hug, "Thank you two so much for making the journey."

"Oh, my lady," she says surprised, hugging her back, "it was our pleasure. We had such a lovely visit with Quell this morning, I feel as if I already know you."

Coral laughs happily, "That is so kind."

Laire looks upon the woman as if sizing her up, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Coral, though if I may be honest?" She nods for him to continue, "I must say you are not what I was expecting. Quell gave us such a bisected description of you, surely some part of it was imaginative."

"No, it was not," Rainer affirms to Laire, "I am certain that whatever Quell told you is the truth, as bizarre as it might seem."

"Hmm," Laire thinks on it, "well I must defer to the King on this matter as he is more knowledgeable in it than I. Lynette is in the hallway."

Coral nods to the pair, slipping out into the hall. At first she thought that perhaps they told their daughter to wait there but as she approaches the pacing centaur she realizes that Lynette refused to enter.

Lynette is shorter than Coral, her body brown like her father, with ample brown hair and eyes like her mother, though her stature is a mixture of both; she is slender with a handsome face that instantly leads Coral to believe the centaur is just as quick and bright as her parents. When Lynette turns about to pace some more, her eyes fall on Coral; she recognizes her almost instantly, no doubt due to the description Quell provided them earlier.

"Lady Coral," she says surprised as she drops into a curtsey. She is clearly nervous and afraid.

Coral gives her a gentle smile along with a hug, "Lynette, I am very happy to meet you!"

Lynette's fears seem to melt away with her kindness, "You too, my lady."

"Would you like some of my mead?" Coral offers. Lynette immediately takes the glass and drains it. "Come, Lynette, let us take a turn about the room," when she sees the worried look on the centaur's face, she adds, "I would very much like to talk to you."

Reluctantly she follows Coral in, arm in arm. Coral introduces her quickly to the Queen and King before they make their way into the vast hall, finding a deserted corner to chat in after being given fresh glasses of the honey wine.

Coral, in true centaur fashion thanks to the alcohol in her veins, states it like it is, "Lynette, I know you are nervous about being matched with Vadim. If anyone can understand your fears and provide you with truthful and accurate answers, it will be me."

Lynette drops her eyes and nods slightly, "Prince Quell did mention that his brother also courted you and that you two grew close."

She reads the underlying issue as she believes it is and addresses it, "I adore my mate but believe me it was not a choice that was easy and I did not make it lightly. Vadim is by far the most kind, caring and considerate human I have ever known—and keep in mind I grew up in a human village. He is a most faithful gentleman and would make any woman—human or centaur—a devoted mate. I know for certain that if you truly do not wish to be mated with him, he would never force you. All I ask, as a woman who loves him—like a brother," she adds at the last moment, "is that you simply give him the chance to earn your affections."

Lynette looks up, surprised by the speech; no doubt she has heard the same words in some form or another before, but hearing them from an outlander in such an earnest tone makes her realize them to be the truth, "He wouldn't force me? Father says I am to be mated with him, I assumed that the matter was finalized."

Not having a definite answer regarding it, Coral deftly sidesteps it, "Vadim would never force a woman, Lynette, this I can say with certainty."

She breathes a sigh of relief, "That is good to know." She looks briefly around the room, holding something back.

Coral knows she will have to gain the woman's trust; she points out her mate, "Do you see Quell? The handsome man to his left is Vadim." She watches Lynette look the man over.

"Aye, he is rather handsome," she confesses, her eyes lingering on Vadim as she takes in his confident stature.

"Do you want children, Lynette?"

The question catches the centaur off guard, "I—well, yes but I assumed...I mean, no, I do not wish to have children." The sadness in her eyes is clear.

Coral reaches out and touches the woman's face with a smile, "I simply ask, because if you don't wish to have children I can teach you to count the cycles of the moon so as to avoid mating during your fertile time." Though she had only read over the process once in the book, she took care to commit it to memory as she too will have to be careful to avoid getting pregnant.

She blinks several times, "I...I didn't believe that it would be...possible." Her cheeks blush slightly.

Coral smirks, "Ah well, I am not sure of what your mother has taught you about mating but if you mate there will be a chance you will get pregnant."

Her cheeks grow redder, being forced to clarify, "I beg your pardon, my lady, but I was under the impression that a male human and a female centaur could not produce off spring."

She chuckles then sips her wine; her eyes fall on Vadim, "Well, he isn't a human, at least, not all human," clearing her throat, she turns her gaze back to Lynette, "It would serve us both if I dispelled any false truths you have been told. The question of a human male with a female centaur is a matter of...length. Simply put, it is believed that a human male's manhood is not long enough to correctly deposit the seed inside of a female centaur's womb. And while Vadim was born in all appearances as a human male, I assure you that in this aspect alone, he is very much a centaur."

Her eyes grow wide, "You mean...his...length...?"

"Is more than adequate to accommodate a centaur," her face, for once, is not flush despite the subject matter, "speaking from professional view point but also as one woman to another."

Though she is shocked, there is a slight wave of relief that washes over Lynette; she takes a deep breath, still nervous about the entire situation, "I apologize, Lady Coral, but I am not used to being around so many centaurs. Or people."

Coral lifts her glass, "You and me both, Lynette. I think I've single handedly polished off a barrel of mead since I was plucked during the Atonement."

Lynette offers a small smile to Coral, before draining her own glass, "If it is all right with you, perhaps we could chat a while longer—while I build up my courage?"

She smiles, waving a servant down for a refill, "By all means."

They drink and chat, slowly taking a turn about the room to graze from the table of treats. Though they are physically very different, they find that they have a lot in common with one another, both confessing to their hesitation of living in a town while preferring the country, both having lived a relatively simple life up until now, both having minimal contact with the opposite sex. After about an hour, Coral finds that she has a good friend in Lynette and the centaur feels the same way.

Coral wisely switches to water, flush and hot with the amount of alcohol she consumed, yet she finally feels at ease in the crowded room, "Would you like me to introduce you to Vadim?"

Lynette is tipsy but still has her wits about her. She gets a nervous, excited look on her face, "All right."

With a nod, Coral leads her over to a small group surrounding the two princes; Quell has kept an eye on her since she left, knowing what she was up to. When he sees her approach he steps away from Vadim, leaving a gap for the two women to fill. Coral walks up to the man, lightly grasping his arm above the elbow to get his attention.

"Brother?" She says, sweetly.

Vadim turns to her, surprised; he has had a hearty amount of ale and though there is a carefree grin on his face, his eyes are pained with his desire for her, "Yes, Lady Coral?"

Coral keeps a smile plastered on her face, turning slightly, "I'd like to introduce you to my friend; this is Lynette, Daughter of Laire and Joanah." When she turns to see Lynette curtsying, she adds, "Lynette, this is Vadim, First Prince of Centuarna."

Vadim looks shocked; he glances from Lynette, to Coral, to Quell, finally realizing the set up. None the less, he behaves appropriately and bows, extending his hand, "What a pleasant surprise, Lynette." When Lynette places her hand in his, Vadim brings it to his lips and places a gentle kiss on it. She blushes.

Coral steps away from the pair to stand next to her mate; he pulls her back to his stomach, wrapping his arms over hers. Leaning down, he whispers, "This morning when I visited them, she looked terrified but now she looks very receptive; I can't imagine what you said to her to make her change her mind."

She kisses him on the cheek, speaking softly, "I told her the truth—now it is up to them."

Lynette remains close to Coral but spends her time talking with Vadim. He is his usual charming self, devoting his entire attention to her despite the group they are standing with. Coral listens to Quell's conversation with his friends; the group is comprised of Reid, Junta and Tomir—who Coral recognizes as the two centaurs who drug Tobias off—and Doctor Pelium. Tomir mentions rumors he has heard from travelers out of Centurion about maiden women going missing; sometimes they reappear but refuse to talk about what happened, but more often than not they aren't seen again. Reid starts trading stories of their travels together when Coral spots Gladys standing against the wall near them. Knowing that the handmaid doesn't want to interrupt but has something to say none the less, Coral slips from Quell's grasp to talk to the woman.

"I do apologize for interrupting, my lady," she says with a smile on her face, "I have moved all of your things to Prince Quell's room. I mean, to your new room."

"Thank you, Gladys. Say, I have been meaning to ask but since we haven't been alone until now I didn't want to bring it up—were you able to give the elixir a try with your mate?"

Gladys' smile grows into a huge grin, "Oh yes, my lady. We tried it last night, and, well, again at lunch time today...It works just as you said it would. He was so happy that there was no pain for me, and," she glances down sheepishly, "well, I didn't know it could be enjoyable! I do hope it is something you will share with the rest of the women in town—I didn't say a word about it to anyone yet."

Coral returns the woman's smile, "Yes, it does work rather well, doesn't it? I wanted to confirm its effectiveness before I met with the King but once I have his approval it is my intention to make it available to those who want it."

"That is good to hear! You have a wonderful evening, Lady Coral; I will see you tomorrow morning." She curtseys before disappearing.

Coral turns around, surprised to see Vadim standing behind her; he looks slightly angry, a frown on his handsome brown face, his hands stuffed into his pockets.

"Where is Lynette? Is everything all right?" Coral asks.

"She went to get her father and mother to introduce us, sister," he says, his dark eyes studying her.

"What is the matter, Vadim?"

He offers his arm, "Walk with me." It isn't a request.

Coral slips her hand around his bicep, joining him in a leisurely stroll away from Quell and the group, before he speaks, "You know how I feel about taking a centaur mate, Coral. There is nothing I could offer her to make her as happy as she would be with one of her own kind."