All Comments on 'The Hedonic Treadmill - 750 Words'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
WolfenherzWolfenherzover 1 year ago

So damn funny, laughed hard at this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

1⭐ for lack of courage.

aprguyaprguyover 1 year ago

Great refreshing take. My guess is that this happens way more often than anyone talks about 5 stars.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

A complete erotic yarn in 750. I liked it. 5 stars and thanks for sharing.

rnebularrnebularover 1 year ago

Pretty funny, thanks for the laugh!

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

That was good. The last line definitely funny. 5stars

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Communication is important in a successful marriage!

4

jazzharpjazzharpover 1 year ago

Firing on all cylinders as they say. Check Humor and Satire off the to do list.

Did you have all these stories ready in waiting? How else can you pound them out daily? Did you quit your day job? 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was fun, but not the usual NTH fare. Really short stories truly pose a challenge, so this was as good as most such stories. It was a bit of a relief to see a lighter side to this author.

Djmac1031Djmac1031over 1 year ago

As always, great work. Literally laughed out loud at the last line. 5/5

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

An amusing tale 4 stars.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayover 1 year ago

How are you so good? You're excellent at introspection, drama, and humor! It's such a wonderful little piece! And you're not spouting crazy revenge, and as far as I'm concerned you have one of the best views on love and respect out of the writers that post frequently on loving wives. Anycase, great little piece and I'm happy you post so much.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 1 year ago

Sorry, this was NOT my cup of tea. I will withhold my vote so as not to drag down your score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sissy wimp and cheating slut come to this conclusion? Don't think so.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Clever and filled with a good bit of truth!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

Very good, different take. 5*

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

NTH - What a Great Story, Great writing, I love a happy ending. You are a Great Writer my Friend. 5 big ones to ya'!

Thank You for another Solid effort! This was so Out of left Field, it was Great for a short Story. Thanks, Buster2U

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Short, sweet and to the point. Great effort!

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 1 year ago

Best 750 word to date

I'll be chuckling for days. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I tell you why I let her talk me into a threesome with another guy but I did. There was to be oral on her part. I couldn't begin to think of kissing her if she did. Absolutely no anal. No if I couldn't have it I'll be damned if anyone else would get it. New cuddling like a loving couple when they were done. The night arrived and we were at the hotel bar waiting. There were 3 guys that came in separately and I asked if that was him on all three. She asked on the third are you getting anxious? No I'm actually getting ready to call if off. If he can't be respectful and be on time I don't know. You have spoken to him about our rules? Yes. About that time a tall big well built black guy came in and I didn't ask I knew. She knew that wasn't prejudiced against black. But ever since they made a career criminal a hero trying to make him look like a saint I had a problem with a lot of them George Floyd. I believe that it was a wrongful death and those that done it should be prosecuted but how many millions did the family get. BS. I would like to know how much life insurance the average people have? Sorry got sidetracked but the BS about bbc was bothering me. I wondered what was wrong with my BWC as she called it.We waved him over. He seemed to be a good guy. A little stuck on himself but ok. Everything was ok so we invited him to our room. We started making out. She asked if it was ok for her to play with him? I said yes just remember the rules. They started and progressed pretty fast. I noticed that he actually wasn't as big as me. So much for the bbc. Lol! Just as he started to enter her he said hey baby lets make your old man a cuckold. I jumped up but she beat me to it. She kicked him off of the bed and told him to leave. I yelled I agree get out. He started rubbing about he got carried away and that he was sorry. We talked about what happened and I made it clear that I would never do anything this stupid again and she agreed.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

An interesting take on sex. When I was in my twenties working around some older guys (40-50s) the subject with sex would come up one in awhile and this one I guy would always say "sex is an over rated pass time" and you know it is. Of course now I'm 80 and things don't work as they used to. Sex in my twenties was enjoyable but not an overly exciting thing. I mean a guy does his thing and the it's over and off to sleep. I mean all these stories of 10 orgasms and screwing for hours it's a bit much, just like this story. You do all those kinky things and it gets old. I think the heroin comment probably says it all. When you first take (I've heard) it's big turn on but when your abdicated you have to take t just to feel halfway normal. But then again I from a time when sex was dirty and the air was clean so there you have at a little sexual humor, sad but true. 5 stars

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year ago

Really well done! Especially loved the last line.

2soon2no2soon2noover 1 year ago

This story should be scoring higher. I'm thinking the title is suggestive of a lot more sex than the story depicts, or no one wants to see the direction that their relationship takes? The writing is good and the flip from societal norms is fresh. I gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

At first I thought you misspelled the tile and were going for hedonistic. I was wrong. You pulled something straight out of the Merriam-Webster dictionary. And you managed to turn it into a steaming pile of three-somes, fetishes and other sickening subjects. It's hard to say if it was well written, since the 750-word format is so difficult to use, but I'll tell you this - it was definetely NOT entertaining. Despicable characters.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 year ago

Taking a serious subject and with little room for development the story was trite and humorous at the same time.

AlinaXAlinaXabout 1 year ago

I found this sweet (and very nicely written). Slightly puzzled about the chosen category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love short stories. This is excellent writing and good humor.

It takes skill to effectively poke fun at such a delicate subject.

shr

WillowghbyWillowghby12 months ago
Anony x 2 Are Correct

Both of the recent Anon comments are correct:

- really well written story, despite the 750 challenges/limitations

- really despicable characters (immoral, deceitful, non-communicative)

- quite entertaining - Thanks!

We talentless readers can only hope that NTH continues writing.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Gee, a lot like porn or even Literotica. In the beginning it's the biggest turn on (like when we were teens and got a hold of our dad's Playboy) or how 5 start stories fade down to a 4 or a 3 star effort. It becomes too familiar after an extended period.

vanyevanye10 months ago

Not sure why people think these are despicable characters. They were consensually having sex with other people, exploring kinks and fetishes, all aware of the others actions. Then, finally, they were able to admit that they no longer found pleasure in it , admitted it to each other, and decided they were done with it as a lifestyle. Seems pretty admirable to me.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Fun stuff! I like a turn towards sex out of genuine love rather than just meaningless sex. Count me in!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It's simpler than that. It's called the law of diminishing returns. On Any Given level, after a while, it's not as exciting. People have to amp it up to keep up the excitement or the adrenaline rush or whatever it is. Problem is they go off the deep end - Physically, mentally, emotionally. Usually just for a bigger thrill, or another thrill.

Another term for it is "greedy"...

AngelRiderAngelRider4 months ago

That he interrupted her fucking someone else doesn't really fit the basic plot. I agree with the notion that too much of something can kill the enjoyment. If she was as tired of it as him, why was she getting some strange?

I'm not disgusted by the story. I just think it would make more sense if they were about to enter a swinging club or sex party and had the conversation then.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The other part of this, that's not mentioned, and almost never is, that there's a deterioration people's physical and mental and emotional being as this kind of stuff goes on. They did hardened, and it especially shows physically on the women, they begin to look harder and harsher in their face especially, a worn and aged look that develops. You can usually tell on a woman how she's being treated and loved, or not, by a certain drawn look, even a brittleness,, looking more and more kind of worn out and tired and used. Certainly not as significant or fast as a meth users deterioration, but similar.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...