All Comments on 'The Hero and the Naked Girl'

by inafantasy

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
clearcreekclearcreekabout 2 years ago

I've been a volunteer fire fighter in the past. The biggest mistake you made is that only air is used, not oxygen in the breathing apparatus. Next is you truly must put yourself first. If you take off your protective equipment, there is the real possibility that you may not make it out along with the person you are trying to save. Still, I enjoyed your story and you did well with the language.

GinafrommaineGinafrommaineabout 2 years ago

Nice story. And while I know it’s only a story, it seems to me thet the volunteer fire department he started with didn’t much care for the firefighter’s safety. They didn’t offer any training and he was not outfitted with proper fitting firefighting clothes. Both of which could jeopardize his safety.

inafantasyinafantasyabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comments! It is a fictional story with some knowledge and inspiration being personal. and I hated the fact that I knew some of the fire procedures were wrong for the benefit of it. I was the kid that was on my grandfather's shoulders but never became a fireman. I did however sit on a board that was responsible for a multi-station volunteer department and can't tell you how professional and dedicated they are. Some were the 3rd generation to serve. It is a service that should be respected like military service. I always voted "yes" on funding approval for classes that the men take on their own time. This was a different story for me in the fact that it was not written with our around sex scenes. I wanted to write just a plain story and ended up speaking on a couple of issues like body shaming. I probably should have put it in romance.

Thanks Again for the comments on the story that was told, and not my writing skills, I am constantly working on them.

TheMadHatter52TheMadHatter52about 2 years ago

The premise is really hot but the execution is lacking. It would have really improved the story if you went into more detail during the part where the two of them were naked outside. Having the crowd barely acknowledge them really REALLY brought the story down. Simply saying she was cured of her insecurities is too quick and easy. She should have very least should have had some inner monologue about how people seeing her body wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

fun read. you need to learn fire department rules and regulations such as taking off your protective gear.

your air bottle goes on over your turn out coat taking off your safety equipment will at least get you disiplined if not casheered

The standing around naked was a bit much ok

understand your thought but you kinda need to stick closer to rhe believeable. She would have been whipped into the ambulance no matter what. not doing so and leting her stand around naked will get you and your department sued

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous