All Comments on 'The Hillbilly Pt. 04'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The value of a person is what he does.

The acts.

Not what he says, not what he thinks, not who he loves or fucks, not his religion, not his color or his race ...

Congratulation. 5⭐ for me.

servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Too much heavy handed propaganda and not enough action.

2 stars

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 1 year ago

A heartwarming feel-good story, and as always well written.

.

Sadly, in my estimation, acceptance is usually much less smooth, and sometimes never happens. LGBTQs oftentimes never come out, for fear of rejections and recriminations. And unfortunately too often when they do, their fears are more than realized, most devastatingly by the hands of judgmental, ignorant, and/or homophobic family and friends. Paradigm shift is challenging, especially the older and more set in your ways you get. Sometimes it takes years, and sometimes it never comes.

.

At my core, I like to think I’m a romantic, and I always gravitate towards happy endings in fiction, probably because I’ve too often seen that reality is otherwise. So I do embrace and applaud this story, and hope that the ideals it illustrates are in fact, albeit slowly and gradually, being achieved.

.

Thank you for another thoughtful and well executed story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I really like the end, "I remain to this day loyal to my core values, but life brings surprises and with them a better understanding of what those values really are."

Five stars and more ....

AileyInnAileyInnabout 1 year ago

Ya know, you have addressed a real issue to all of us “manly men”. This is something that is not naturally easy to understand. My hat is off to you for addressing it. Even Hillbilly is a deep thinker…

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerabout 1 year ago

And that is how you deal with it. Damn good story.

RanDog025RanDog025about 1 year ago

Is this your way to tell your reader and fans that it's OK to be Gay?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stop writing erotic stories?

Grew up with hillbillies, still friends with those still living.

Been living in California for 50 years. We're not as we're portrayed to be either.

Appreciate what you're doing. People need to stop with their prejudice, and get to know each other.

Have you ever read Joe Bageant? Don't look for him in Literotica.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Well written as always, and nothing here to offend a fellow Hillbilly who received pretty much the same education about other people..

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Well put! Kind of like religion, I don't care what one you believe in, or not, but just don't try to convert me when I say I'm not interested. Had a helper on a job site that continued to preach to my work partner and me. After telling him over and over to let it be, we started to get rather vulgar in our talking to him. Got the job done, he would get us our tools and supplies and then leave us alone the rest of the day, lol. Shouldn't have had to been that way, but sadly some people just don't learn easy. Had a friend at work that came out to me. Took a lot of courage on his part and didn't change our friendship. Loved the story.

012Say012Sayabout 1 year ago

Well-written and a big departure from the rest of the series. I hope everyone would agree intolerance is unacceptable. But what degree of acceptance is right? Your next door neighbors are swingers, you and spouse are not - should that impact friendship? Would you trust them to watch your house while you vacation? IMO some people are trustworthy, others are not - sexual orientation is not a reason for trust (or lack of trust).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The six guys leaving town is silly

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

Thank you for showing us that the band of brothers includes some hillbillies. Really well done.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 1 year ago

If some people are offended, well, live and let live … but I appreciated that Jeb went beyond tolerance which requires a little and got to acceptance which requires a lot.

chytownchytownabout 1 year ago

*****Good read. Thanks for sharing.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

good 4 part series

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It used to be "live and let live" and "we just want to get married". Now if you say anything they disagree with they'll try to get "the government" to take your kids and, of course, it is their human right to have access to your kids.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Offended? Not in the slightest. I don't care if you're female or male. Whether you like blokes or girls. What colour you are. What deity of your choice you pray to. Or even if you don't pray to any. If you're rich or poor. Who you think should be in power. What sports you follow or what team you support. Nor do I care who you vote for either. What I do care about is that you're decent, have morals, are well mannered, respectful, prepared to help out if asked, offer good advice and/or help if needed and you accept people are different and their plus your opinions matter. Oh and you're prepared to listen and if you feel it's right to change your opinions and attitudes. So this story didn't offend me it made me feel good. If you're offended by something so insignificant as someone's sexual preference then I feel sorry for you. I hope I've not offended anyone by stating that I'm not offended by gay people 😁 Excellent story and series loved it from start to finish. BardnotBard

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories