All Comments on 'The Hollybrook Witches'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 270 Comments (Page 3)
TrambakTrambakabout 1 year ago

Vintage RG. Of course, his woman is typical. A loving cheater. But, Esse is what the doctor ordered.

5

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayabout 1 year ago

Well done, as always. Please consider writing a sequel which is begging to be wrote (written?). Don't leave it up to other LW authors because, as we well know, their efforts would be inferior.

Schlouis57Schlouis57about 1 year ago

Chiants ces auteurs qui arrêtent brutalement leur histoire sans parler du devenir des différents acteurs. Dommage, belle qui me laisse sur ma faim. Ce n'est pas la première fois que je lis des histoires intéressantes mais qui me donnent envie de crier et frapper mon ordinateur à la fin qui n'en n'est pas une.

RK52RK52about 1 year ago

Absolutely fabulous. You have been missed by many including me. Very nice story albeit it over too quickly, at least for me. Your work is savored. Thank you.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 1 year ago

Good to have a story from you. What a story - a fantastic reading time with several twists. Definitely 5 stars!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading. If you are writing outside of the site please drop a line!

rn2711rn2711about 1 year ago

Thank you for writing again. You inspired many writers and I always enjoy your stories. Very original.

will_shakespearewill_shakespeareabout 1 year ago

I love some fantasy in stories and this was especially a pleasure to read. Thank you so much.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

Original, but Lucy and Frank need some supernatural punishment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good setting and buildup of storyline! Would have been good to meet the mischievous twins and spend a bit of time in their aura!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

WONDERFUL STORY, 10 stars! Lucy and Frank should be punished severely, or worse. She's a whore and he's her master...

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Reread but I had somehow forgotten most of it this time it will go straight to my favorites

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now that is a story!

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 year ago

Wow... how have I not read this until now?

LindsaygjLindsaygjabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed it, but it feels like it’s not finished!

drndog502drndog502about 1 year ago

Really enjoyed the story. I only wish the ending hadn't been so abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great writing wow one of the best probably is the best I read 5 stars is not enough I read thousands of stories on here so I got quite a data base to pull from to know a great story from just good . Hope there's a sequel or a series of stories based on this again amazing story !

Viper2011Viper2011about 1 year ago

Very good story. I would love to hear the conversation between the 4 left in the house.

YouamiYouamiabout 1 year ago

Fantastic tale RG

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 1 year ago

Great story, but only 4 Stars from me because of the missing ending.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 1 year ago

Finish this please.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 1 year ago

Oh Richard, Richard, Richard, I have read this story 2 times now and understand why several comments about FTDS have been generated. Yes it is your story and the ending is your ending and complete in your eyes, but couldn't you please appease your followers with just a peek at his future life with the witches(including daughters)? Please!

Great story BTW.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Just me i guess. I do not like ski fi it just does nothing for me

hbroderhbroder12 months ago

These gotta-have-a-pat-ending-tying-up-every-loose-end comments are so tedious.

The only ending to our stories is our death and... possibly... as this story poetically suggests... not even then.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Strange, but very intertaining…

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Creative and entertaining but would have been superb with a longer more developed ending. The drop the mic and Frank slips and gets hurt ending was no sufficient. For example, certainly the MIL knew and hence the apology but no discussion? The reaction of the kids? More about his past self? Juseems like he got tragic news learned a bit about his past self, and has been guided to this point but would have liked to see things play out a bit. Yes we can use our imagination but author went this far and left us kind of hanging. Another half page would have made this epic. The wife was such a greedy and self centered bitch. The 90% forgive thing for husbands is erroneous. Husbands are less likely to forgive adultery than women. 40% of wives as the aggrieved party seek divorce within 5 years of discovery vs 60% of husbands as the aggrieved party. Look it up. Yes women initiate 70% of all divorces but it isn't always about cheating on either party. Money is the number one reason for divorce. Also the odds of forgiveness and remaining married go from 20% (no pre-discovery confession) to 60% if the offending party confesses prior to revelation. So a cheating wife who doesn't confess is basically screwed. Ergo the claimed 90% acceptance rationale quoted by the slut wife in a polyamorous relationship with Frank her lover that she sees once a month for travel, is completely erroneous. Besides when it isn't just sex buy is admitted as being in love, suspect the odds of forgiveness plunge to the single digits. Suspect that the 90% is inverted. Meaning a cheating wife who does not confess and then attests she in love with the cheating partner has less than 10% of remaining married. It is simply statistics. C'est la vie. Anyways who cares about the wife. She is a cheating slut. Postpartum depression is one thing but her therapist actually exhorted yo have an affair, as well as her friend? Screw that. She had Carl for three months then several short flings and finally her polyamorous lover (Frank) who she has fallen in love with. Screw that. I liked how he forgave her and moved on instantly. His love fornhe had died and he had bigger things to worry about. She simply doesn't merit much any response anymore. And he will easily get the kids as the stay-at-home parent. Ironic they were only married 7 years and half the time (roughly) she is fucking around. Not clear if it started 2 or 3 years ago. Meh who cares. She is a delusional slut who crushed her marriage. What a head case. Glad he has found someone who though supernatural will have undying love for him. Also like how she subtly manipulates things in his favor. A light touch. Well until Frank slipped and cracked his head. Doubt he died but will have a nice long visit to the hospital. Screw Frank et al. Polyamorous couples should know better than to ever involve so.eone who is in a monogamous relationship. Swingers maybe not but most poly participants are careful about consent and availability of a new relationship partner. They have to be since open / poly marriages of all types have 92% (or higher) divorce rate.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What a Great Story! Thank you so much for sharing!

inka2222inka222211 months ago

Great story! 5 stars for him not taking the excrement the miserable bitch was selling (here's a hint: an ethically poly couple wouldn't even START anything with a cheater, so "oh you should tell him" talk wouldn't have happened) and for him finding his future happiness.

I wish there was an epilogue where he gets the child support and alimony from high-earning bitch. Maybe a reconing for the asshat mother in law and a "therapist" too. Any chance for follow-up chapter two now that the event deadline isn't pressing?

WoodencavWoodencav11 months ago

Wow that is a different kind of storey, I enjoyed it. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What a rushed and creepy ending. I'm left thinking he's as much a twat as his soon to be ex wife.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Hardass today so average. Marine came out and I wanted All cheating scum to suffer a whole lot of pain!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Actually thought it was was one of the author's best stories. Everything clicked for him when he saw the grave. His past and present and future all came together. As usual with RG the wife was a delusional slut. Once he had undergone his metamorphosis, she was no longer a factor in his life.

OilcanjonOilcanjon9 months ago

Good well crafted story. Would like more but see why it ended here. By the way. Ergot is a fungus that grows in rye grain if it gets wet. It is a psychedelic poison and may be the cause of the witch hysteria.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not normally into paranormal stories, but this was top notch. Great tale.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

There has to be more to this take.

BigDee44BigDee448 months ago

Thank you for not throwing this gem away! It fascinated me. Only one thing: I have never had such detailed dreams - that I can recall. And as the ending unfolded, I was mesmerized. You see, I believe ancestors of mine were on both sides of the Salem witch trials. This is spurring me to look into that genealogical past some more. And my last name? Good - rich. Searching now for MY Esmarelda!

BigDee44BigDee448 months ago

I wish I could edit my comment. In addition to what I said, two female ancestor children were abducted by “Romany” (French Priest?) and taken to Canada. The older one returned as an adult, but was not allowed to bring her children with her.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not my usual genre, but very glad I read it. Well written, nicely thought out and executed. Thanks for a very enjoyable read!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I love everything he writes.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou very much.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

damn,another home run . right out of left field !!!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman7 months ago

Great story. Anytime you write a part 2 as the girls? come of age and "change" please continue.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

A wellwritten and fascinating tale, thank you for an excellent read.

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Great story but I want a sequel. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I concur with the many other complements. 5 glowing eyed stars.

Kindly write a sequel.

Happy Frank

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ending seemed…pretty stale….as if writer just ran out of steam!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The people that left the old world were religious bigots that fled because they weren't allowed to oppress and bully.

The truth about witches is a story of opportunism and hurting the weak, nothing to do with 'magic'.

This story had so much potential, even with its silly witch craftery, but it just ends. Very lazy, can only assume you just got bored and couldn't be bothered with it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

An interesting story, although the ending was rushed and to my mind, incomplete.

RedRachaelRedRachael4 months ago

Love this! Would like to see more stories of this new couple.

Blinkie99Blinkie993 months ago

I really liked the story. Another few chapters would be nice

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Strange and incomplete. A sequel would b appreciated. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It’s interesting that Lucy in this story, and Karen in Another Love both supposedly took lovers and cheated on their husbands because of postpartum depression. That’s quite an interesting trope, isn’t it, Richard? Hopefully most women are able to resist doing so, or a lot of husbands are being “cucked” . Five stars ⭐️ for an interesting read.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster13 months ago

I have to agree with other commenters that...

...this gets 5 stars...

...it was well-written and enjoyable...

...the characters can be understood...

...and more parts/chapters would be welcome !

Calico75Calico753 months ago

Fun story--not funny, but enjoyable. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Definite 5 stars...but needing way more payback on the wife and the other "players".

That could easily be a second part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This is a great story up to the point where he goes back to his house with Esse and is blindsided with the others being there. At this point it feels as though you rushed to put a finish in place almost as though you had lost interest in the tale. Which is a pity as this truly needed to be expanded on either by a much longer story or other parts. Lucy is more than happy to have her affairs but woe betide her husband finding someone. This badly needs expanding on. Left as it is its no better than average which is a crying shame as it was a minimum 5 star story for about 90% of the tale. One hopes you revisit this and agree with your readers and give us an excellent second part or even a third one. Dealing with the aftermath of discovery and then what happens with his daughters as they grow onto their inheritance. BardnotBard

DoctimeDoctimeabout 2 months ago

I have to agree with most commenters. A seven or eight page story with a rushed and poorly planned ending. Not up to your skill level.

Crusader235Crusader235about 2 months ago

Excellent story but it deserves another chapter and a better ending. 2nd read still five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Omg really fkin stupid

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The abrupt ending sucked and would rather his wife have been made a sub to his new wife. That would have been more fun. Also it's less than 60 percent of men stay with a cheating wife and 50 percent of women stay which means they make the smart decision more often.

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 1 month ago

Lost me in this ending ... 4*

UncleGrahamUncleGraham28 days ago

I absolutely require more of this! Five and a Fave from me.

LechemanLecheman26 days ago

Ok, so the story was looking good until the last segment - yup, lost me.

Feel like there is info missing and definitely a follow up as I cannot see the MCs wife just letting her kids go.

FoldingFolding25 days ago

First of your stories I've read but hopefully not the last. Very few stories find me hoping for a chapter 2 but this one does.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter23 days ago

2nd time through and still so impressed with this captivating story of yours. Yes, I can agree with so many of the comments that the ending could have well been drawn out and some of the loose ends tied off. Still, your tale has this other-worldly feel that does not perhaps lend itself to deep scrutiny. For instance how are the twins girls tied into the witch genealogy if their mother clearly is a bitch but not a witch, the MC is descended in some direct line, so I suppose there could be a connection, yet he seems to have no power of his own, as things are seemingly arranged for him. Nevertheless, a great entertaining story, and sure, it could have a sequel that could answer questions and raise more!hope you have not stopped writing, but I have gotten those same requests and have moved on to other things, so I can only hope you are happy with whatever you have chosen to do.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

The ending was abrupt. Pretty sure she can divorce him based on abandonment.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Ok liked the story but feel shortchanged in that i want to know how the divorce went, love to hear cheaters rationalizations and WTF was the lover going to do to help matters? Rubbing your luvr inthe husbands face (my face) is no fkg way to fight for a marriage unless you think your husband has no balls or self respect. I like to read how RG and other authors describe those encounters, mine are all to rageful violent destructive and sometimes leave no one standing and BTW no chance raac. rk

Rwslacker48Rwslacker484 days ago

Awesome story. Should/could be a book. I loved the mystery and witch angle.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous