The Honeyed Hive

Story Info
Lucina goes into a massive Bee hive to visit her sister.
30.7k words
4.11
15.2k
25
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Artifal
Artifal
76 Followers

CW: Unwilling transformation, mentions of trauma, apiphobia

*************************

Lucina sighed as she put a small notebook back into her leather satchel. It had been months since she had seen her younger sister, the new interspecies breeding program had been the last time anyone had seen her. When asked she was just told that Marica had left with one of the anthros and still sends occasional messages. This didn't sit well with Lucina because of the way the notes had been coming in, wax seals from the 'hive' that was hidden within the woods adorning each of the notes insisting that everything there was wonderful and that her mate was treating her excellently. Lucina heavily doubted this thanks to the long records of people in the program disappearing and never returning to their original homes. She took a few deep breaths before patting down her brown jacket and pushing the Animorph Breeding Program building's doors open. Nervous due to the fact she had signed up for a visit with the hive to see her sister and 'consider' a stint in the bees program.

A bee girl was at the desk currently, looking up before smiling. "Hello, welcome, you are new, is there anything I can help you with?" She buzzes up and grins, she is giving off a nice flowery scent. "Wait, you resemble someone...did a relative of yours decide to join our program?"

"Yes... Marcy joined just a few months back. Do you know her?" Lucina sighed shifting her jacket trying to hide the satchel under her jacket not wanting anyone to notice the recording devices and gun that she had packed into the bottom of the bag just in case the situation got hairy.

"I know her very well, we have spa days every other week together! She has been such a big help around the hive! I know she took a while deciding just where she wanted to go, but we have loved having her every step of the way!" She giggles a bit and pulls Lucina up to the counter. "So, are you here to see her? Business, pleasure, or a bit of both?"

"Just business... I'm a reporter for the local news so I figured this would be a two-for-one deal. Report on how one of the 'successful' members of this program is doing several months down the line. It was weird not having her return after the 'breeding' portion of the deal was over so I asked my station if I could do a report here." Lucina smiled wearily at the bee woman. Trying to remain confident despite her hesitation about the situation. "My name is Lucina by the way..."

She smiles a little more and nods "Of course, so far everyone who joins the program ends up loving being a part of the community, time really does fly thinking about how long it has been." The bee giggles and buzzes her wings before checking the time. "My partner for the front desk is almost here, as soon as she arrives I'll guide you to the hive and see about setting up an interview, Miss Lucina." After a few minutes, an ant girl walks in and smiles at the pair, giving the bee a little hug before taking her place behind the counter. The bee walks around and takes Lucina's hand. "Right this way, now is there anything I can answer while we get on our way?"

"Well, I would like to know more about your end of the program. My research has shown that the least is known about your hive and most beehives across the states in comparison to the Ants and Arachnids." Lucina shuddered as she felt the soft pads on the end of the bee's carapace-covered hands. Fluff from the bees mostly revealed body rubbing against the significantly smaller humans side.

"Well, I never figured we would be that secretive compared to the others. Well, the Ants of course prefer to make their homes in underground tunnel networks, they do come up and utilize their strength and skills in building the towns where we set up our branches of the breeding program. The spiders typically either live in underground smaller caves or high up webs, they usually move into the towns with their mates as unless the mates get an anthro shot, they are ill-suited to life in webs. In the hive, things are a little different." She leads Lucina into a meadow "We take care of crop growth and honey production, as well as a little help on higher up construction, but we live in a communal hive with our queen. Workers go out of the hive with warriors as protection, though in towns our warriors join the ants in a sort of police force of sorts, but we retain plenty around the queen as she helps bolster our numbers quickly...even if that doesn't help the most for genetic diversity."

Lucina nodded along taking mental note of how odd it was that they felt the need to bolster their ranks so much. "So what do the humans who join your hive do? From what I've been able to tell, unlike the other two species, you bees on the whole are just lacking in queens and princesses being trained into queens given your reproductive cycles... I've been curious about what my sister has been actually doing while with you unless she's just a caretaker for the princess or queen?"

"Well you see, as we have developed, our birth rate has plummeted. The attempts at queens take too long to reach maturity and end up producing smaller numbers on their own, and without donors cannot actually birth princesses to become new queens. The ants have similar problems, but not as severe as our own. On the insect size level, what human-sized people would consider a small amount of food is a feast fit for the whole colony...but once we are grown, we cannot feed as effectively, which reduces said output. Our workers are individually pretty great, but we have always specialized in strength in numbers...which have become far more lacking due to the inability to feed ourselves in a way that suits that. Breeding with other species helps bring in genetics more fit for fewer large bodies into our pool so to say in the long run...on top of helping birth new princesses."

Lucina nodded along not wanting to argue with the larger woman as they passed through the field and through a remarkably thicker brush before exiting in front of what looked like a pure orange and yellow office building. "So... what did happen with my sister then? I've been really worried about her and she's been incredibly vague about what is actually going on with her, other than. 'Fun' and 'good times with her guards'."

"Well, fun and good times, we treat our breeders very well. Your sister has helped raise our numbers and general morale more than any other." She grins and guides Lucina inside, past two guards at the door. "During free time, she joins the caretakers in the nursery, feeding the larvae, and she has even helped with putting them into their combs to finish maturing and growing, she puts 100% of herself into caring for others."

Lucina sighed before nodding. "Yeah that sounds like my sister... she really always had a massive heart and hearing she wasn't gonna be able to have kids broke her..." She looked down before shaking her head. The wax floors clicked against her boots as they continued into the honeycomb halls. "It's why I've been so supportive of her being here... All I've ever wanted for her was to be happy."

The bee grinned "She cried so much when through helping us she gave birth. While she does a lot of help, she requested to keep parenting those that directly came out of her...so whenever she isn't helping in other places, she is raising her kids...we do impose required breaks for her after her first few weeks she worked herself to exhaustion."

"That ALSO sounds just like my sister." Lucina sighed, shaking her head as a soft smile formed. Despite her mistrust of the bees and their society, she was at least happy to hear that her sister was doing well. "So... I know each race has a way to 'transition' so to say to become a permanent member of the group that they choose. How does that work within your system of doing things?"

"Well, we feed those who wish to transition a special honey mixture, then they must sleep for some time within a comb as their bodies convert. Like with all transitional cases, lots of food and sustenance are needed for the vast body changes. Those who go through it can have a bit of adjustment time too, as their minds process the changes to the body. With ants, it is usually just getting around an extra pair of arms and some slight hive mind in the background...for us...well wings are completely different, and overall there is just a lot to catch up on."

Lucina paled a bit as she was led over to one of the chambers that had said conversion chambers. Seeing through tinted wax nude mostly female bodies in all different stages of the transition were floating with tubes in their mouths and noses to ensure that only the appropriate amount was being fed and that breathing would be easy for the trapped humanoids. "Yeah, it seems like it... so that's the generic transformation, or is this specifically attempting to make more queens?"

"Any who have transitioned with intentions of becoming queens become princesses...but cannot quite progress to full queens...however when they do focus on birthing a princess, it has a very high success rate of one who transitions to a queen. I'd say if I had to take a mathey percentage, they progress like...75% of the way to queen...then just stop. They all still get to help as they wished, but all they can do is support the acting queen." She grins a bit "Our queen may be aging, but we have a princess that looks like she will finish the transition to be a new queen!"

"Oh yeah? Who would that be if you don't mind me asking?" Lucina chuckled, taking a few steps away from the conversion chambers. "It's interesting to hear the struggles you all have to go through in order to propagate your hive. As I was talking about earlier, an interview with maybe this new potential queen could do a lot for your hive's public relations."

The bee grins "Well, why don't we start by meeting with your sister, she is the one who found who can become a new queen and has been working at helping with the transition." She leads Lucina further in, towards a very nice door just past the transition chambers. "I know she would be thrilled to see you before we go further."

"Yeah checking in on her sounds nice. I've been worried about her ever since the last letter I got. Every time they would get more vague and she wouldn't even send pictures of her child! Claiming that I just 'had' to come here in person to meet them." Lucina looked at the door before waiting for the bee to push it open for her. Able to very clearly tell that she wouldn't have been strong enough to open it on her own.

Inside she could see a woman who shared many features with her...though she was wearing a bee-themed gown as she rocked a little baby. After a moment she looked up and smiled. "Lucy! It's been so long!" She walks over, holding a little cooing half bee child. "Come say hi to Robin, I'm sure she would love to see her aunt!"

Lucina smiled softly at the pair before walking over and checking out the infant. She was very clearly a half and half split of human and Bee. Little neck fluff tufts growing out around her neck alongside her antenna and pitch-black eyes with purple irises. "Aww, Marcy she is the cutest... It looks like you were right. I did really need to come and see her in person to believe it." She giggled, reaching out with one of her fingers, letting Robin grab at it as she tickled the baby bee's chest. After a moment of loving on the baby, Lucina looked up and smiled softly at her twin sister. "It is really good to see you again though... how have you been? Have they been treating you well?"

"They have been treating me fantastically, at first I was a little scared... mostly that nothing would work still... but the queen promised me that everything would be fine. For little Robin here... we had to get me to the point of ovulation, then the queen injected one of her eggs into me. It was able to take in what it could of my own, then I let it grow in me." She rubbed her belly "I was so stressed even with the care I was receiving that we had to basically do everything possible to relax me until I let her egg out of my body. Once she hatched, I couldn't let go." She smiles and cries a little "My body gave life...it is not barren...I can help life grow."

Lucina smiled walking around Marcy's side to hug her sister tight. "I love you sis and I'm so happy they gave you the care you've always deserved." She sighed looking down at Robin's golden hair that matched her mother's. "And she looks so healthy, I'm sure as she grows up you're gonna be the best mom in the world." As Lucina said this Robin's wings started buzzing a little under her blankets as the baby enjoyed the new person's presence.

Marcy giggled a little bit "She gets really lively around new people, but even more so around you." She smiled a little bit more. "So sis...there is something I've been thinking about doing...I want to transition into a bee...to be as close to my baby as possible...but I also really needed to talk to you too before doing anything like that."

Lucina giggled a bit looking over Marcy's striped clothing. "I could tell from when I walked in. Marcy, I will always support you as your sister, you need to be with your baby and that's entirely understandable. I do gotta ask where's your mate? Knowing all you've bragged about them in letters I wouldn't think that they would let you out of their sight."

"Well, you've met her already." The bee who led Lucina here buzzed around and hugged Marcy before smiling and giving a little 'V' with her fingers "Hello there, sorry for not introducing myself earlier, but you seemed a little on edge and I figured this would be the best way to introduce myself. My name is Mist, it's nice to meet you, Lucy! Marcy has gushed about her super cool sister so much!"

Lucina chuckled a bit before rubbing the back of her head. "I'm not really that cool... I've just kinda made a reputation for myself by constantly looking for the TRUTH in my journalistic carrier." She sighed looking over Mist noticing that Marcy's dress had identical striping to Mist's. "And I can now see the resemblance. It's nice to meet you Mist."

Mist grins and buzzes over to hug Lucy "You two are so close to identical, It's adorable." She backs off a bit while Marcy shyly walks forward "So sis...I've been looking into the process of queen bee development, and I think I may have a breakthrough, though it can really depend on who becomes the queen."

Lucy reached into her satchel before pulling out a pen and notebook. "Well shoot, I'm always up to help my little sister. even if it was only by a few minutes." She smiled softly back at her sister, her discomfort still apparent despite trying to push all of that down after seeing the transition chambers.

"Well, you see, royal jelly bonds to genetics and is used to make bees into royals. The base body needs to be close to female at the very least, though queens are hermaphrodites. Those that have gotten the furthest are females, then trans females who have gotten their hormone treatments far enough. There does not seem to be much of a difference between them as both can reach a princess state. Now as for queens...bee entomorphs genetics have degraded a lot, which is where the breeding comes in...and well...we have found a number of properties in humans that all increase chances...most hit about 75%...but there is one who has all the boosters so to say to potentially make it all the way to a queen transition."

Lucina nodded along writing all of this out while looking over the room. "That makes sense... who would it happen to be by the way? I have been listening to your mate about the difficulties faced in birthing a new queen in any shape or form." She looked over at Mist forcing a smile as her pale face betrayed her. "Is there any way for me to help you out?"

Marcy nods "Because of my reproductive issues I do not qualify...but do you remember what mom died of...that we were discovered to have antibodies for? Based on all the factors...which include those who have these rare antibodies...you are able to become a queen bee sis."

Lucina's pale face went from bad to ghostly as she took a few steps back shaking her head. "No... we said we don't talk about that sis... it was early on into interspecies introduction and she got sick with a disease from one of the local hives." She looked like she was about to puke as she spoke shoving the notebook back in her satchel keeping her hand in there just in case.

Marcy held out her hand, tears in her eyes "Sis...I know how you are feeling...that disease...I found out that it was made to kill off the hives...and it spread to humans. It is what damaged queen genetics...and that is why it is so important to have the antibodies. Just getting vaccinated can't do it either, otherwise, I would never even ask this of you!" She sobs "it spread through honey...the bees never realized that they had been infected when they started production."

Lucina shook her head and started marching towards the door. "I can't think about this now... not again. I JUST WANTED TO SEE YOU!" Her whole body was shaking as she stood at the edge of the room not wanting to be close to the group. "I thought you actually wanted to see me Marcy... for me to meet your baby! I trusted you when you came here instead of staying in medical school but... I just can't believe you would really ask that of me."

Marcy cries "I'VE FOUND A CURE!" She sobs out "It took so long...even with my colleagues shooting me down...funding into my private projects taken away...I lost hope." She collapsed to her knees. "It wasn't until I came here to have my child...that I started applying my knowledge to helping the bees...all the entomorphs with proper medical treatment...that I was able to start finding those sick...and I got enough to isolate everything. I really do want to see you, and I wanted you to see my child and mate...but I also wanted to confront this demon of our past together."

Lucina just looked down at her sister. Heart felt like it was beating out of her chest as she turned around. "There were other sick kids our age... there were other people you could have thrown this at." She took a deep breath before stepping out of the room. "It was a city-wide quarantine until the sickness had its way with everyone unfortunate enough to get it. Just find someone else... clearly you're good at it."

"Sis wait!" Outside the room, two guards held her up "Ma'am, please wait and calm down." One of them put a hand on her shoulder. Marcy got to the door "Sis you are the only one who medically checks out in every area and has the antibody, please listen!"

Lucina took deep breaths looking at the two guards before shoving her way through. Trying to ignore the tears that were streaming down her face. "I'm not giving up my ENTIRE LIFE for something I don't care about! I'm a reporter. I cover the truth and this can just be broadcasted requesting volunteers!" She pulled the gun out of the satchel while she ran down the halls. Trying to just get out of this hive.

As she gets to the front of the hive, trying to push the door open would be like hitting a brick wall. A few guards cautiously approached "Ma'am, please relax, wielding a weapon while stressed out is an easy way to unintentionally hurt yourself or someone else."

Lucina was leaning against the massive yellow doors. Her gun being held tightly against her chest as she started

hyperventilating. Her pupils tiny from the panic as her near ghostly appearance was completed. "JUST GO AWAY!"

One of the guards rested a hand on her shoulder "Lucina, please, take a deep breath and think about what you are doing, really deep down. Your sister is trying to do right by not only the hive but the world. With a queen, we could mass-produce a proper vaccine for bees and humans." They just hold their ground, but do not move to open the door.

Artifal
Artifal
76 Followers
123456...9