The Honeyed Hive

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lucina just looked down before sitting in front of the chamber that Marcy was in. "I... I know." She shook a little before looking into Marcy's eyes. "I'm scared, sis... I'm scared and I don't know what's happening. I'm so sorry for hurting you..." She curled up under her dress hugging her legs as she could barely make eye contact with her sister. "And now this weird fluff grew on my neck! This fluff isn't just Celcy's style of clothing, it's just actual fluff that grew on me overnight..."

Marcy shifted and half crawled out of the honey, looking at the fur closely. "Strange, well...I have a theory...I just don't want to trigger your fear again." She puts one of her hands on Lucina's "Lucy...do you think you can keep calm for my theory that involves your phobia? If not it would be best if we waited."

Lucy took a few deep breaths before nodding. Pulling back the tears that had been edging in. "I can take it... after everything, I just want this all to be over, and being uninformed at this point will probably just make things worse... especially given that after we live here I'm being taken straight to the Queen for an interview..."

She nods "Well...I discovered in those who have natural antibodies...we have very small amounts of bee entomorph DNA within us, given that the base disease was engineered to target bees in the first place. When we form the antibodies, we gain what could be considered 'royal' eyes in bee culture. Because of that, all those that have the antibodies have a...from a human point of view, an unnatural craving for honey. While some do not gain a fear...approximately 80% of those with the antibodies have gained a case of apiphobia." She sighs "Those that do not have the fear tend to come to interact with the hives more...but you are the only one who is afraid and has come...I don't know if you have done anything else, but maybe the chemicals running through your body are trying to make you feel more comfortable and relying on that slim bit of bee DNA within you."

Lucina took deep breaths as all of this was being explained. Maintaining her composure before looking back at Celica. Clutching her new friend's hand before looking back at Marcy. "By the way... I sort of... have become friends with Celica here over the last day. She's been really supportive and understanding. It's honestly the only thing that's kept me sane."

Marcy smiles a little bit "I'm glad, and I'm still sorry for what happened, if I had pulled my excitement around you back to do things slower and more quiet, none of this would have happened, though I'm happy you have made another friend...are you comfortable overall though sis...oh, and we were supposed to have breakfast, is there anything specific you would like? I heard that a few workers went and did some special shopping for you."

"Most people here hate me so that's... a lot to take in." Lucina sighed before shaking her head and looking around the room. "I would like some breakfast though however this DNA is responding it clearly took a lot of energy and now I am STARVED. Did they get waffles? I like waffles."

She giggles "I got them to get a waffle iron when I moved in, and they make some of the best syrup, harvesting from the trees and flowers around here." She shifts and looks at Robin in a little honeycomb baby carrier "Mist sweetie, could you ask for waffles with syrup for us?" Mist smiles and nods "Of course...also Lucina? It is not hate from most...but fear. We largely find guns scary. There are some guards that may respond hatefully, but nerves and fear will grip most of the hive." The bee gives a little bow and buzzes out of the room.

Lucina while the group was waiting just walked over to Robin's crib. Gently tickling the baby's belly. "I will admit you still have the cutest baby in the world..." She smiled sadly down at Robin before sighing. "Hopefully someday I'll be ready for that kind of responsibility." She looked over at Marcy who had slipped a bit more back into the transition chamber. "So... you're gonna be a bee... what kind of role in the Hive are you looking into?"

She sighs "Unfortunately I cannot become a queen...otherwise I would have never asked you. But I can still be a carrier, it would be best if I become a worker, though my job will largely be improving medical treatment in the hive." She smiles a bit "That is basically my plan, also yeah, Robin is adorable." The little bee giggles and buzzes playfully while gently reaching to grab Lucina's finger. "Aww, do you like Auntie Lucy?"

Lucina giggled continuing to play with Robin for the next few minutes. Eventually, Mist came back with a pair of guards holding several plates with waffles and syrup. Mist coming over to hand Lucina a pre-poured stack of waffles covered in syrup. "Thank you Mist." She then walked back over to sit down next to Celica before taking the fork and starting to devour the waffles. Her eyes widening and almost becoming a bit glossy as she devoured the meal, unable to describe or resist the amazingly sweet flavor.

Celica giggled and enjoyed her own, watching while Lucina consumed her meal. "You like it, Lucy?" She grins before digging into hers more. Marcy giggles and eats her own at a more relaxed pace "Sis has always loved waffles with syrup...though I think that little bit of extra touch with the homemade syrup does the trick that bit more."

Lucina was quickly the first to finish eating. Putting the entirely empty plate down occasionally eyeing the syrup that was on the bottom of the plate. "Ok whatever that was I NEED more of it! Like that was the best f-" She looked over at the infant in the room. "Freaking waffles in the world. I've never had ANYTHING that goooood." She giggled a bit acting a bit floaty as she leaned into Celica's side.

Celica giggled a bit and wrapped an arm around Lucina, finishing her own waffles and wiping a finger along the syrup before holding it to Lucina's lips "I'll make sure we can let the cooks know how much you love it after the interview if that sounds good." Marcy and Mist finish theirs at the same time before Mist pulled out a bottle of honey to hold to Robin's lips. Marcy looks over "I know you want to lick the plate clean sis, don't worry, unlike back home, it is considered a compliment to literally 'clean' the plate for lack of a better term."

Lucina lets out a little whimper as she looks at the syrup on Celica's finger before eventually breaking and licking it off. Sucking on the bee's finger in her excitement before pulling back with a massive blush and continuing to scrape the remaining syrup off of the plate and licking it up. Feeling incredibly embarrassed about her behavior while still paradoxically unable to get herself to stop after having been given approval.

Everyone copies her by licking their plates, though Celica keeps an arm around her shoulders. "Seriously, don't worry about it Lucy, we all understand, sweets are well-loved here anyway, much less whatever the cooks concoct. They will love to hear that you like this, will encourage them to try more with you honestly."

Once Lucina finished she just closed her eyes and cuddled into Celica's side. The warmth from the meal along with a light fuzzy feeling filling her head. "I feel... hehehe funny." She nuzzled into Celica's neck giving it a little kiss as her eyes were drooped slightly. "You're pretty~"

Celica blushed but let out a happy buzz. Marcy giggled a little bit "Yeah, we in general love sweets and our bodies process sweets different from normal human bodies...and the bees specialize in the production of sugary sweets and the like. You probably have been filling your sweet tooth with cheaper candies and other things, haven't you sis."

Lucina crossed her arms and huffed looking away. "It's not like I have money to get the good stuff!" She couldn't keep a straight face for long though breaking back into giggling after a moment. Having to take a few minutes to collect herself before looking back at her sister. "The longer I stay here the more overwhelming all the scents and smells are becoming. I mean seriously can no one else smell that delicious smell that's like... if the syrup was like 2 times better somehow!"

Marcy grinned "It was like that at first for me too, it is that small bit of bee genetics from our antibodies, we can process all the smells and pheromones that the bees use. There is of course every unique scent from a bee, then while there is vocal communication, a lot can be told by scent alone and what they give off. For example, these chambers have unique scents that can be tracked almost like a roadmap around the hive. Does that make sense sis?"

Lucina nodded a few times before standing up and taking a deep breath. "Well, we better get over to that interview. I really don't wanna keep the Queen and the news station waiting given the situation... I do need to ask though is it gonna be safe if I remove the fluff? Like I know that it can feel things more directly... and I'm worried it would kinda hurt." She chuckled nervously. Looking at the door to the chamber a few times worried about her interview.

Marcy sighed "Well...it is just like hair technically, so it is safe, but I would also guess your flesh under would be sensitive to anything like that as well. If you feel like it would be better to keep it, maybe stay in those clothes and say you are trying out some hive fashion. If not, then just be really careful...and be ready in case your body tries to grow it back when you sleep next."

Lucina sighed before nodding. "I'm just gonna keep it and say it's part of the outfit... Thank you for seeing me this morning sis... I hope that you have a nice day of changes." With that, she took Celica's hand and started pulling 'her' guard out of the room and towards where she could smell the strongest scent coming from. Assuming that was where the Queen would be waiting. As they walked she was pushing down her still bubbling under the surface anxiety and mistrust of all of these changes. The tingling feeling in her chest confused her on if it was feelings about Celica or nerves from the situation.

Celica giggled a little bit and hugged Lucina in close "Alright, you are actually doing a really good job tracking the queen, now take a breath and calm down. This will go great, I'll be off at the side, and Edel is very sweet." She opens the door, looking to see the queen and the news crew all set up, the queen had a table with some tea set up, and two chairs, one of which she was already in. "Hello Lucina, I hope you don't mind the arrangements, it is difficult for me to really leave the hive to go to a proper studio set up."

Lucina gulped looking up at the significantly larger woman before walking over onto the set. "It's perfectly fine... thank you for trusting Celica with me last night she's made my stay far more comfortable." She looked at the wax frame with fluff chair before gently sitting down and locking eyes with Edel, her eyes having sprinklings of gold at this point. "Before the interview starts though... this neck fluff stuff grew on me last night. Marcy says it's my body reacting to the hive due to the way we were born. I apologize if it's a bit surprising."

Edel looks closely at her "Well...it happening suddenly is a bit surprising, but I do think it is a good look on you." She smiles and sips at some of her tea. "Is there any other pre-interview questions you wish to ask?"

Lucina took her own tea before sipping it quietly. After a minute of thinking, hardening her expression to lock eyes with Edel again. "I want to know what you really want of me. Like I get that you need to keep an eye on me because of my breakdown but every time we talk I get a feeling deep down that you're not telling me something important."

She smiles "Well...I do want to see if some time around us perhaps gets you to change your mind...though if at the end of your week you still do not wish to go through with anything, I will stop trying with you. That and I noticed how quickly you and Celica took a shine to each other, I am a little worried about my daughter, she hasn't really taken quite a shine to anyone else...if nothing else, her making a friend in you is success enough to me."

As this was said Lucina was taking a sip of the tea gulping it down before pausing. Noticing the taste of honey in the drink and shuddering before looking back at Edel. "Celica is your daughter?!" She looked over at her new friend before blushing and looking back at Edel. "As for us being friends... she makes me feel comfortable. I'm not gonna promise anything but I see her and feel buzzy, is how I believe how you would put it so despite still being entirely uninterested in being a queen... I still want to be close to her and get to know her better."

Edel smiles "Fair enough, and I have at least some form of relation to all the princesses, most of which who could not become queens decided to become royal guards, as they are physically more capable than the others in the hive. So while she was not what one might say 'directly' born from me, I see all of them as my children, and I hope the best for my family." She giggles a little bit before smiling and making herself look a little more dignified.

Lucina noticed that the crew was getting everything set up before putting her tea down. Pushing it as far away from her as possible before clearing her throat. Soon there was a count down and the cameras started rolling. "Hello again everyone I'm Lucina Evens and today I'm here with the Queen of the local hive Miss. Edel." She smiled softly at the camera before looking over at Edel. "Before we start with the questions would you like to say anything to the people at home?"

"First, I know that some may have opinions on the matter, but really, take care of the environment, keeping things clean really helps improve life everywhere...and those more sensitive to changes are going to be the first to be lost, please just be aware of how quickly life can change if we do not altogether take care of what we have been given."

Lucina nodded frowning slightly. "That's all too true. The most vulnerable of us are hit the hardest when the health of the environment is taken for granted and we should all do what we can to make things just that little bit better as a community." She then cleared her throat looking at the notes that were on the tea table. "So the first thing on today's agenda is the entomorph breeding program, how do you feel that it could be improved to better support all entomorph communities?"

Edel smiled "Well, right now we are just trying to spread awareness to find those willing to participate. While I have heard from my hive rumors from the outside such as 'oh insects like that are able to breed super fast anyway' or 'spiders are not nice' or really anything about any of us, a lot of that is either being ignorant to who we are or a misunderstanding of biology. While yes, our smaller cousins breed and produce en masse, once you grow to human size, very large quantities of food are required to expand like that. On the bee end, each female is capable of carrying or giving an egg with any partner...but in exchange it is only one or two at a time. We are all hoping to integrate with society and help make things more supportive of the natural world, without taking away from the high points of human quality of life...however we cannot do this alone."

"Indeed, propagation of all races is important for balancing both our ecosystem and our understanding of each other." Lucina then took a deep breath before looking at the camera. "At this point, I must advise viewer discretion, the next question is related to the sickness that developed around 24 years ago now. Edel, would you mind telling the people at home about what the major pharmaceutical industry in this city had done only two months ago now?"

She sighs and nods "We were going to report on it, but had to make sure everyone was safe first, this seems like a good time. Currently, a human who has joined the breeding program and decided to live here with us has been researching the virus used to try to cull our species...and for it to infect our honey which caused it to spread to several other species. A cure is being developed and is nearing its final stages...and some mercenaries under hire from the local pharmaceutical company attempted to break in and steal her research." Edel narrowed her eyes "They held her daughter at gunpoint, and were only stopped by the quick thinking of one of my royal guard who was there at the time. This has slowed down production, but this cure and a true proper vaccination is looking into the relationship between human, various animals that have been infected, and our own bee DNA, and just how the natural antibodies form, to see if we can make artificial growths within the body to prevent such a disaster from happening again."

Lucina looked away while the cure was being discussed. Just letting Edel have her moment to finally expose this situation and sitting back, feeling her body reach out for the tea and start sipping it. As this happened she couldn't explain any of it other than the fact that whatever was inside the drink was making her feel calmer. Once Edel was done Lucina took a breath and looked over at the camera again. "These people endangered my younger sister, a person who has been a victim of this sickness ever since we were children, and for what? Nothing more than more money in their bank accounts and their hatred for other living beings. Please whoever is watching this please send your love to the people of this hive and if you have the extra income the program does accept donations to help support these marginalized and harmed communities. Thank you."

Edel nods "We are hoping as a whole to as we expand, be able to construct comfortable housing for all. We have been adjusting our methods to make rooms more comfortable for humans and other non-fliers, and the ants have been working on aiding us in strong ground-based foundations, as well as allowing our workers to come underground, making what we believe is comfortable living space in a few tests so far. The spiders have gone over and worked on furnishing with homemade blankets and other goods, along with increased supports depending on the area. These projects if given support should allow for non-invasive living space just about anywhere, and these would just request those living give back to the community, no rent required at all."

At this point, there were just a few more minor topics before Lucina wrapped up the interview and the cameras clicked off. "So... how are you feeling about all that? I feel like it went really well if I'm gonna be entirely honest." She then sipped more tea as she looked up at Edel a few times before her eyes darted back over to check on Celica.

Edel smiled gently "I think that went wonderfully. Thank you for allowing me to talk about some major issues, and actually get the proper information out there. All three of our species have met with many unsure questions, even from those who willingly came to the program. Hopefully, this will clear up some worries, and let others experience what we have to offer. I'm really excited about the expanded housing options given all the work we have done to adapt our methods though."

"I'm glad." Lucina soon finished the tea before putting the cup down and standing up. "So... is there any other thing you want to have me do during this 'punishment'?" She looked over at Celica waving lightly at the larger bee. "Because honestly the longer I stay here the more I seem to change... and it's making me feel unsafe."

Edel frowned "Honestly I just want you to experience hive life, but if changes keep happening, I'll agree to shorten your...sentence to just another day or so. Is that agreeable to you?"

123456...9