The Horror from the Pool Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Reining in his impatience, Wulmar waited for the physician to approach with the baby. Eventually, the doctor came to him, holding the baby wrapped in a blanket.

"What is it? Is my wife alright? Is my child?"

"Your wife is fine, just exhausted..."

"My child?"

"Prepare yourself -- it's not as bad as it seems." With that, the physician opened the blanket.

In the flickering candle light it seemed to Wulmar that the shadows grew still darker and were leering over his shoulder at the new born. Now it was Wulmar's turn to gasp. The child -- a girl -- he saw had curiously elongated limbs with overly long fingers and toes. But worse was its peculiar green-tinged complexion.

"Too early to tell but it might only be chlorosis. Greensickness in other words. Good diet and fresh air will put that right" the doctor said, quickly handing the baby over to the midwife. But he avoided Wulmar's eyes as he said that. "I have to go -- other patients to attend to." The doctor hurried out, muttering a protective charm as he did so.

"Her name is Viridis," Wulmar muttered to himself from the depths of his consciousness.

The baby opened her eyes and looked up into Wulmar's. And screamed. What had happened nine months ago, he wondered? Just what had been born into this world?

12