All Comments on 'The Host Ch. 02'

by purpleruff

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
EtaskiEtaskiabout 11 years ago
Erotic Space Horror, indeed!

Oh, I was not disappointed! :) You went the Alien route and captured the dark, rising tension very well. I found this extremely exciting in a cinematic way; I needed to keep reading to find out what happens and I think I was leaning forward by the end of it. ^.^

As such, this was not a pure stroke piece the way the first chapter is (glorious, that one), but this develops the dystopian corporate world efficiently, gives the reader a look at Yeva's almost programmed responses (up until the doc got what he deserved...yay), and the entwining of sci-fi/biological detail with the description of the action definitely stroked my geek side.

I am also lefting wanting more, and look forward to the next piece. Many questions! What happened to the creature? What does it look like? It saved itself by savings its host/mother, of course, but what will it do next? And ergh, you've got the slave/artificial being thing nailed with her first response after such a strange encounter being to go give her report! No, Yeva, be a self-aware individual! ;)

I love your style and the world you're building. I could wonder whether this might also fit in the "Erotic Horror" category as well, but...eh, that section is very hard to predict what will be liked, and there is more than enough science fiction here to justify it.

Well done.

purpleruffpurpleruffabout 11 years agoAuthor
Glad you liked it!

Chapter 3 might take longer, but we will see! The creature will, of course, be back.

I felt pretty uncertain about the category for this one. It is definitely sci-fi, but has strong elements of horror (of the Alien bent, as you observed) and noncon. I ended up going with sci-fi in part because that was where I had filed the first story in the series.

Thank you for your feedback!

jpb531jpb531about 11 years ago
Nifty

Bunch of different tropes at play here. I like it!

purpleruffpurpleruffabout 11 years agoAuthor
Re: Nifty

I drew inspiration from a lot of science fiction, most notably Alien, Metroid, and (oddly) Battletech. There will be at least one more installment!

angelx602angelx602about 11 years ago

I really liked this one. I see a lot of the "Alien" type movies in this story and am left wondering what the creature looks like. Will it be half human? Can't wait for the next chapter. Well done.

purpleruffpurpleruffabout 11 years agoAuthor

Thank you! I am working on the third chapter!

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationover 2 years ago

Continuing the excellent erotic storytelling, this chapter thickens the plot with questions that are carefully left unanswered. I particularly liked her sense of practical satisfaction at the end.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous