The House Boat - Day 07

Story Info
The wedding. The finale.
8k words
4.73
18.5k
60

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/10/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shakna
shakna
1,831 Followers

"Poke." A voice said teasingly as something jabbed me in the cheek.

I grunted and shook my head, refusing to stir. When the finger pushed harder into my face, I rolled over and pulled the blanket over my head.

"Oh, come on, Chris."

A trickle of familiarity ran down into my skull, and I whispered hoarsely, "Rin?"

"I am not waking you up the fun way, every morning. Get up." She said with a hint of irritation.

I dragged the blanket back down and peered into the darkness of the room, "What time is it?"

"Seven." She said, sitting down on the edge of the bed beside me. Her hand gently and briefly touched my cheek, and then flicked me in the forehead. Hard. "Time to get up."

I moaned, "Wha...? You know I hate mornings. We've got time before."

"Yeah, but I'm going for my morning swim."

I shook my head and sat up, looking at her already in her swim set, smiling cheekily over at me. She shrugged, brushing back her red hair nervously.

I grinned and leaned over to her. She deliberately turned her head aside so that I kissed her cheek instead. "Morning breath?"

"Yep." Rin stated with amusement, "But, why don't you brush your teeth, get into some board shorts, and then we can head downstairs?"

I reached out and grabbed her waist, dragging her into my lap and snuggling into her shoulder. Kissing at her neck with a contented sigh. "Today's the day."

"Yeah." Rin said, voice choking.

I looked up at her, "You as nervous as I am? Or... Are you starting to think that it might be a mistake?"

"No way." Rin scoffed and turned, kissing me and pushing her tongue into my mouth. Showing me that she still loved me. She pulled back when she needed to breathe again, "Not a mistake. I'm just... Holiday is over. Things feel kinda weird. Scary."

"We're stepping into a new life. Everything has changed, but the rest of the world hasn't." I agreed, "It's going to take a while to get used to it. So... Swimming, then?"

"Yep." She stood up and out of my lap, "Get a move on, lover."

---

I was still tired and groggy when I eased down into the freezing pool. The shock of the cold was not the kind of thing I wanted to feel first thing in the morning.

"Cannonball!" Rin cried out with a laugh, and I looked up in time to see my wild bundle flying overhead, knees tucked to her chin and hair trailing out behind her.

The water splashed loudly, soaking me and causing me to splutter blindly as I heard her pop back up giggling loudly. I reached out blindly, grabbing her warmth and pulling her to me.

"Aw." Rin said affectionately, put her head onto my shoulder, with freezing water running off her hair and down my back. "Miss me, already?"

"Nope. Cold." I teased her.

She turned around, legs wrapping around my waist and brushed my hair back from my face, before kissing me. She took a small moment to smile, "Good boy. You did brush your teeth."

Before I could make a retort, she was dancing with my tongue, hands behind my neck as I took her head in my hands. Her asymmetric earrings, wet hair, soft cheeks.

Rin smiled and suddenly shoved off me in a torpedo. I watched as she launched into doing her laps, and put my arms up on the side of the pool. Content just to watch her.

I already knew that she was both fit and flexible, she'd demonstrated that enough times over the last few days, but it was another to see it in action.

Quick and practised strokes, at a leisurely pace that were somehow propelling her through the water faster than I could probably even swim.

We weren't alone in the pool, despite the way we'd been acting. Rin was making the other swimmers look pathetic, though. Her turn as she reached the end and bounced off the wall was flawless.

The redhead slowed a moment before she hit me, legs coming up to hook around my waist again. She didn't say anything before she kissed me again. Seems this was going to be her inter-lap break.

I did not mind in the least.

"Oi! Chris, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

The two of us looked over to see Kate with one hand on her hip, in a bright red bikini. Rin rolled her eyes, "What do you want, slut?"

Kate raised an eyebrow, "Rin, today's your wedding. You're not supposed to be seeing him. If we're doing this, we're going to do it right."

She pulled a keycard out of her top and held it out, "Go crash with Vincent, Chris. I'll take care of Rin, but you're not seeing her until the ceremony. I'll send your suit round."

Rin looked back at me, and then to her, "Go fuck yourself."

Kate raised an eyebrow, "If you're not letting me throw you a hen's, I'm going to insist. You should do this right, Rin. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Want him to be all happy and surprised when he finally gets to see you in the dress?"

She looked back at me and sighed, "Looks like Kate's going to be annoying. I'm going to finish my swim. You go and annoy the crap out of Vincent."

I gave a regretful last kiss, and then pulled myself up and out of the water, taking the key card. I frowned as I saw Kate watching Rin with surprise. "What?"

"You two." Kate shook her head, "You really are crazy about each other. She adores you."

"You thought we were just screwing around?"

"Kinda. Yeah."

I rolled my eyes, "I don't do one night stands, Kate. You should know that."

"She does, though." Kate said quietly, still watching my sister, "But... She's nuts about you. Fine. I'm fully on board with this. I'll behave and make sure things go smoothly."

"Thanks." I said quietly, turning the room card in my hand idly, "Try not to piss her off too much. You know how well the two of you get along."

"Sure." Kate laughed softly, "Oh... Uh... You're going to want to knock before you open the door. Vincent might be expecting a little something, something."

I shook my head and began walking off, "Did not need the details."

"Every morning!" Kate shouted after me.

---

I walked in with my wet towel and board shorts as Vincent failed to open the door. "Better not be naked."

"Oh, I'm going to kill her."

I cringed, as my brother grabbed clothes from the floor and walked into the bathroom. I did not need to see that. He had been completely naked, and he hadn't been soft, either.

I looked around the mess of the room in surprise, "Kate decided that Rin and I shouldn't be around each other beforehand. Seems to be taking this seriously."

"So should you." Vincent said, re-emerging as he stuffed the bottom of his shirt into his pants, "This isn't small, Chris. You might have two of us who know, but the world isn't going to accept it. You could be wrecking Rin's life."

I found a chair I was hoping the two hadn't used, and waved around, "What about you? Taking things seriously with Kate, yet? She said she wanted you to propose."

"We talked about it." Vincent said stiffly, sitting on the edge of the bed, "She wants it. I'm not ready. It isn't that I think she would be a mistake, but I don't think we're quite ready to make that kind of commitment."

I laughed, "Yeah, good luck with that. Kate tends to get what she wants. Speaking of... How'd she snare you?"

"I caught her on the rebound from you." Vincent said with a hint of embarrassment, "Remember that time you asked me to pick her up, because you were worried she was too drunk to get home? I think that's when I realised that I liked her."

I winced, "I hate knowing I slept with the same girl as you. Who, apparently, has had a huge impact on you. You can stand a messy room, now? Since when?"

"Since Kate went behind me whilst I was cleaning." Vincent chuckled, "Not undoing what I was doing, but making a point. Like, if I set her jewellery box square to the chest, she'd move it just a little off centre. If I folded the clothes into a pile, she pushed it over. I gave up."

I laughed at his embarrassment, smiling, "She's the one in charge. Start to finish. Fair bit of a change since we were kids, isn't it?"

Vincent leaned back, relaxing, "Yeah. She was always the little shadow when we were kids. The two of you drawing her into whatever trouble you were getting into. Now... She makes her own, and drags me in after."

"I have to say, I never expected you to catch a wild one."

He chuckled, "Always knew you would."

"It's always been Rin, for me. I dated wild girls, because, she was." I shrugged. "Always looking for a substitute. Though... Not anymore. Finally get her. I know you don't think I've thought it through, but this wasn't overnight."

Vincent sighed heavily, "Yeah, I can see that. How did this... Even happen? Do I want to know?"

"Wasn't that romantic." I replied with a small laugh, "Rin mentioned she was a bit frisky on the first day of the trip. So I tried to give her some space to deal with that. But... I basically ended up interrupting her every time, until she got frustrated enough she asked for me to join in."

He stared blankly, "You sent her crazy."

"Kinda. Anyways, she didn't expect me to kiss her, even when she kept asking... But I did." I sighed, "Which..."

"Don't need the details."

I glared, "Freaked her the fuck out. Because Rin realised I didn't want to screw her. That I actually liked her. So she ran away."

Vincent burst out laughing, "Really? I kind of expected that she would have been totally up for that. Kate didn't give me a choice after our first kiss."

"Rin's not a slut, Vincent. She ran from me, and then I ran from her, before we both sort of... Realised. That all we wanted is... Each other." I shrugged, "Not that we went all in right at the start, either. Rin called it a trial run. The house boat."

He frowned, "Aha. Sorry if I don't quite follow."

"We kissed on the first day. But we didn't admit we loved each other until a few hours before we saw you." I spelled it out for him, "It didn't happen all at once. We have thought this through. Heck, Kate's said she accepts it, now. After seeing us together, this morning."

He shrugged, "Chris, that's not why I don't understand. You and Rin were made for each other. I... As hard as it is to admit, I don't understand wanting to be married. Please don't tell Kate I said that."

"We met this sweet older woman, Jan. Rin made up a story about us already being married, but never having a wedding. She gave Rin some pearls, that Rin wished she'd brought from the boathouse with us." I started, "Jan hated her own wedding. Because it wasn't about her. Marriage is supposed to be two people becoming one, not dealing with family politics."

"Two becoming one." Vincent said derisively.

I shrugged, "I hate being away from her. Right now. All I want is to hold her. I'm only doing today to make a statement that I love her, and I simply can't imagine a world without her. I can't. Rin is my future. Everything is for her. I don't feel whole without her."

He screwed up his face, "Kate doesn't feel whole without me around?"

"She might be less intense than Rin and I." I shrugged, "Wouldn't surprise me. But... She probably doesn't feel like she can imagine a world where you're not in it."

Vincent nodded slowly, "I guess... I can't imagine that either. Nearly lost Mum. Nearly lost Rin. My first thought, both times, was what if it had been Kate? I still don't know how I'd react. What stupid thing I would do. But it would be stupid."

"That's the feeling." I shrugged, "Maybe you do want to marry her. And maybe you're terrified of her saying no, and ending up without her because you asked too soon."

He glared, "I really hate it that you know my own emotions better than I do, Chris. It's unnatural."

"You struggle to name emotions as simple as happy or sad, Vincent." I laughed, "Hopefully Kate can put you back in touch with yourself."

"She's trying." He said hesitantly, "She really is good for me, Chris. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about us... But... I didn't want to admit I was her rebound from you. From one brother to another. We both found it a bit... Awkward."

"Not so awkward that she didn't tell me about your sexcapades. Just didn't name you." I shuddered.

Vincent cringed, "Yeah. That is uncomfortable to admit."

"At least Rin only has a marriage kink. She's not a exhibitionist." I teased him.

My brother glared, "You are never to say anything like that, again."

"Oh, so you're into it, then?" I raised an eyebrow, "I mean, I didn't really believe her about the public park story. Especially when I found out it was supposed to be you. Just walking up and screwing her against a tree, without prompting?"

Vincent rolled his jaw, "It wasn't quite that spontaneous. But didn't you and Rin get spotted outside?"

"She likes the great outdoors. Not the chance of being watched." I shrugged, "Besides, my hearing prefers it outside. Our sister is a screamer."

"God, I hate you right now." Vincent shook his head, "Are we competing? Or simply trying to gross each other out?"

"I was actually trying to see if you realised why Kate dragged you down here. I didn't guess it, until Rin told me." I said nervously. "Leading up to asking, anyway."

Vincent frowned, "Mostly I was being punished. She had an ulterior motive? Rin would know. She always saw through Kate."

"Foursome."

My brother's stoicism finally broke and he recoiled violently, "No fucking way! Ever!"

"Hey, she's not my girlfriend."

Vincent shook his head, "Oh, oh she's going to pay for that one."

"So you two are into... Punishment play?"

He smiled and shook his head, "No. We mostly just make things difficult for each other. It isn't relationship ending. Mostly... Prank wars. As childish as it is to admit it."

"That's kinda adorable." I grinned, "You really love her. Any of these pranks a decent story?"

Vincent shook his head, "Not between brothers. One of the less private ones? She stole all my underwear the day I was in court, once."

"Ah."

He shrugged, "She made up for it. We always do."

"And I bet she didn't even wait for you to get home, either." I rolled my eyes, "We're as bad as each other. Rin and I have actually toned it back. She's a bit... Chafed. Which has me worried about tonight. A bit."

Vincent sighed, "Fine. So, as your best and only man, I suppose I am meant to deal with wedding jitters. If you can't have your wedding nuptials, would it really change anything? You've been doing enough of that so far, haven't you?"

"Rin would cry herself to sleep."

He shrugged, "What do you want me to do, Chris?"

"Get something from the pharmacy and take it to the room. And incidentally, whilst you're there with a reasonable excuse, make sure our girls haven't murdered each other." I revealed my ulterior motive.

Vincent sighed, "And why can't you? I don't want to admit knowing about that."

"Rin wouldn't mind if I turned up. Kate, on the other hand..."

He winced, "Would kill us both. Good point."

---

I took advantage of Vincent's absence to order some breakfast, but bill it to my room. Not that I was actually hungry. The nerves were beginning to set in.

This might not be a legally binding thing... But... There was no coming back from this. There hadn't been before, either, but this felt far more... Permanent.

What if Rin changed?

I knew that she had a lot of hurt underneath her wildchild exterior. Things I had been doing my best to help her with, but there was no reason that should be enough.

What if Rin just snapped, one day? Or started taking things out on me? Or even worse than that, what if she started taking things out on herself?

She seemed to have a healthy control over herself, at the moment. Someone had tried to kill her, and she had somehow only gone cold or crying. It would have been reasonable for her to enter full loonybin territory, all things considered.

What if Rin expected more of me?

I'd probably lost my job, and getting a new one might not be so easy in the current market. Even if I did get one, would she be understanding of the long hours, and the expectation that I'd be bringing work home with me?

She always loved my cooking. We'd even joked about her gaining weight off it. Truth was, however, I rarely actually got a chance to cook for myself. It wasn't unusual for me to only eat once a day. Ten at night was too late to cook dinner, and often my first chance. And whilst I hated mornings, I might be headed to work at the same time Rin went for her run.

I might end up cooking for her every morning. Putting in extra effort... And burning myself out. Trying too hard, and end up torpedoing our relationship.

My phone buzzed.

I checked the cracked screen, and smiled slowly as I saw it was Rin. Only three words.

"Stop fucking spiralling."

Girl knew me. Or had just had a visit from Vincent and knew it was just an excuse to make sure Rin hadn't been putting down the plastic to prepare to eliminate Kate.

I thought for a moment, and then called for room service for her. Two croque monsieurs, and a fruit platter. Had to make sure that Kate had something, even if I suspected Rin would steal both sandwiches.

Which made me want to make Rin a Monte Cristo one morning, and see her squeal with happiness at the deep fried monster.

She was right. I had a tendency to spiral, and it really did not matter a damn.

We'd been caught with my dick in her mouth by our brother, and yet it hadn't shattered our lives.

We could get through all of it.

Anything that came our way.

Vincent opened the door, "Got your suit. The girls are still down in the pool. Mostly trying to see who can do the fastest laps."

"Then how'd you get the suit?"

He rolled his eyes, "Kate instructed me. Borrowed Rin's card. So, how was the boredom? You never could sit still."

I shrugged, "Give me a decent book and I'm fine. But, yeah, I was panicking. Sort of. I'm okay, now. Rin text me. She and I... We can do anything."

My brother scoffed, "Anything that gets you into trouble, sure."

"So, does dating Kate keep you out of trouble then, Vincent?" I said with irritation.

He hesitated for a moment, "No. It does not. Sorry... Kate really hates it when I judge people like that. I... Just don't notice that I'm doing it."

"It's Mum rubbing off on you." I shrugged, "Speaking of, still in one piece?"

Vincent frowned and finished hanging my suit, "Chris... Before I answer that... How much do you care? How much do you want to keep the family together?"

"Those are two very different questions." I said seriously, "I absolutely care if Mum is okay or not. I also think she and Dad are both incredibly toxic people who have gone out of their way to hurt Rin, her entire life. Our family is better off, broken up."

He nodded and sat on the bed, "I don't necessarily disagree with anything that you've said. I... Kate introduced me to her folks. Reintroduced. It was late, so they asked me to stay the night. I expected to sleep on the couch... They laughed at me."

I smiled, "Sent you to Kate's room?"

"Her dad palmed me some condoms, too." Vincent flushed, "But basically, they treated a couple of adults like... Adults. We make our own choices, and they respected that. Whether they agreed or not with Kate's decisions... They supported her."

"So. Mum."

Vincent took a deep breath, "Well... She's no longer playing the victim card. I'm glad you didn't stop by, yet. She said something about it being Rin's fault her ex was such a psycho, which... Had me feeling annoyed. The emotionally stunted one."

"Great. Sounds like she's recovering." I took a deep breath, "I do still kinda wish they could be part of this. But I would never have trusted them with this, even if that hadn't happened."

"Kate and I will be there for you." Vincent said firmly, "Regardless of the consequences. I'm sorry Chris. For so much. I may have only apologised to Rin, so far, but you deserve plenty as well."

"You're weirding me out." I laughed nervously, "Vince, do you remember the last time you apologised to me?"

shakna
shakna
1,831 Followers