All Comments on 'The Hundred Year Storm'

by ShelbyDawn57

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Amazing story! In 2016, we went through a 1000 storm. It dropped 30+ inches in 2 or 3 days.

5

Nasty56Nasty5610 months ago

Beautiful writing!

Bleep735Bleep73510 months ago

You warned us that this might bring a tear to our eye, and that it did. It was just wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing such a loving story.

dimmy05dimmy0510 months ago

I loved this story!! I wish I had an accepting family like that.

Angus74Angus7410 months ago

Sadly, I can only give you 5 stars. I loved the story. Very well written. Totally in love with the characters and plot. This is one that I will come back to again and again. Thank you

SilntbtdedlySilntbtdedly10 months ago

Amazing story loved it

Kelvindor1974Kelvindor197410 months ago

Great story, Thank you !!

DaymosDaymos10 months ago

An absolutely wonderful story. Ben is the best father figure ever. Half way though I still hoped Chrissy and Belle will be a thing, but Danny is cool too. And damn, that necklace scene made me cry. I think it is your best work yet. Hell it's the best story I ever remember reading. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Excellent work. One of the best I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

if only life was really this beautiful. so sweet

njlaurennjlauren10 months ago

Oh wow was this amazing! The story about Michelle opening people's eyes was a really good mechanism. The only thing I can think of this story would be to write this story from Maggie's pov, to see why she saw in Chris that there was something there. Might be fun to write a story about Belle and her journey ,too.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow ... left tears in my eyes. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You know girl your stories are comfortable, like an old blanket you wrap around you on a cold winters night in front of a softly burning log fire. It's the odd spark that makes you sit up and take notice. With your knack of crafting a warm tale of love and pace it simply rolls along taking the reader with it. If you haven't guessed I really love this but then I like most of the stories you write. It would be great to get inside your head and study just how you go about letting the magic flow. With Love and gratitude - Wes xx

dirtyat2dirtyat210 months ago

Damn you! I had to be in bed an hour ago, but couldn’t stop reading. Wonderful story! Probably the best I’ve read in a while.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Amazing story, on so many levels! Your writing had me visualizing the scenes. The barn, the kitchen, the hill she rode to. Even the deer and rabbit, ALL of it. It's not often that happens to me, you pulled it off flawlessly. It felt like I was watching it instead of reading it. Thank you!

Femboy_AmandaFemboy_Amanda10 months ago

God, Shelby. Every story makes me feel more down about my life and I enjoy your stories. I read Flamingo Lounge all the time still because I dream of that with my partner (well, not getting roofied).

dr_ylldr_yll10 months ago
Sweeeet!

Really enjoyed it! I wouldn't mind reading a follow up or two. Thing about family is that you want to know more about them. Maybe like Christmas letter letting us know how things are going. Truly a great read. Thanks!!

dr_ylldr_yll10 months ago

Just curious, but did I miss something? When Chrissy called her dad, he knew she was staying with the Marshalls. Chrissy didn't recall telling him where she was staying. It's just a little thing, but maybe there is more going on than I thought. Great read though, thanks!!

Boris6942Boris694210 months ago

A wonderful example of the storyteller’s art and a gripping plot line.

mindwipermindwiper10 months ago

Your story was absolutely amazing!! Thank you for sharing with us.

eomersoneomerson10 months ago

Always a great story. I am a sucker for happy endings. There is enough crap in the world. Your stories are always a nice ray of sunshine! As always... loved it.

CaseyjoCaseyjo10 months ago

Poetic Magic! Everything you write so incredibly beautiful. The characters, scenery, plot, dialog, just perfect. Adding to it, the inner turmoil and dysphoria makes it seem more real and believable. Then we get better counseling than a year of therapy that takes us to the edge of the cliff and ending in a freefall of love and acceptance.

I would absolutely love to see that prequel. Xander and Sophie are two that we definitely need to hear more about

Danielle_CD58Danielle_CD5810 months ago

Wow, this story has blown me away. I tried to pace myself through it but couldn't. I love almost everything about the story: the characters, the plotline, the places (I know where Springfield is - LOL). I love stories where the characters come alive, that they seem real and that you feel as though you now know them. Thank you. Keep it up. You did real good.

diane92374diane9237410 months ago

Your story reads like a "Dear diary" .. so this is my life story. It is incredible. You got me when Danny took Chrissy to Michelle's grave .. I cried. Your writing is respectful and encouraging. THANK YOU for this absolutely wonderful story.

Mimi_FLMimi_FL10 months ago

Loved, loved the story. You wrapped it up very nicely wouldn’t mind to hear more about Christie

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

As always 5 stars! I loved this tale as much as I love all your work. Keep writing I love your stories.

davasubdavasub10 months ago

The compassion, joy and clarity of the displays of love in this story is remarkable, graciously I thank for the wisdom you have shared

CatDaddyoCatDaddyo10 months ago

Thank you for the wonderful tale you have woven for us to enjoy. The temperature here has been scorching and brutal the past few days; However, the cold seemed to nip at me as a I read along, and it was a most welcome distraction. Your characters are very much feeling breathing beings with emotions and thoughts, you have given them a life on the page, well done.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Best. Story. EVER!!!

Shrek5898Shrek589810 months ago

An incredible story

Chr0nicBi0hazardChr0nicBi0hazard10 months ago

Okay, it might be the HRT, or it might be that you're an amazing writer. I've spent more time wiping tears off my face during this story than any other. A few times it's been straight up "ugly crying". Goddess, You are such a good writer!! Thanks again for sharing, and someday I hope to be able to craft a story as beautiful and as moving as this one is. <3 <3 <3

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another excellent story you have produced? Would you happen to be 5’11” & 145 pounds? Another happy ending, I would have been just has happy if Chrissy had end up with Belle. You write so well I don’t mind that there is a long time between sex scenes.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Love your stories, this one had a nice balance of compassion, love and a bit of lust. I just wanted to become Chrissy as I was reading along. Can’t wait for your next adventure.

xDarkAngel0xDarkAngel010 months ago

I laughed and I cried. Another amazing story. It touched a nerve several times as I am Chris, but also Chloe. It was a long tale, but every page was beautifully written. I felt that Chrissy was in the room with me telling me her story. 5 stars and 5 <3. If only everyone was as understanding and accepting. The emotion for me does more than the physical. I love the snow and the scenery that you painted. Thank you for sharing. x luv Chloe.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

While I enjoy your journey of discovery kind of plot, the romance and the character building as much as ever I have to say the sexy was lacking a bit in this one. Don't get me wrong it wasn't that the characters weren't attractive or that there wasn't chemistry, far from it. It was just that the actual sexual bits were short in length and didn't feel very descriptive.

Let's be real here, most readers come in wanting to feel pleasure with a sexy tale to lead their imagination. The erotic part just didn't pack much of a punch this time, especially compared to the overall length of the story. I am guessing but maybe it's burnout in your end, only so many ways to write how a sexy tgirl got her butt tickled ;) So you are not sure how to write sexy bits to feel fresh in your mind. And if so I get that, but each story is a fresh experience for the reader. And unlike me they might be a first time reader of your stories and judge your work based on them alone.

The story is still good and you get a five from me but keep it in mind for the next one maybe. I know you can write long, descriptive and very hot scenes so try to get back to that. And remember that each sex story needs a corresponding amount of intercourse to the buildup it took to get there.

Take care and keep giving the world hot redheaded girls : )

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wonderful story, a lovely bit of fiction. I did have the same question as a commenter above about Chrissy’s father knowing he was staying with the Mitchell’s on the call, perhaps there was meant to be a link back to that later in the story that got dropped? Also as a Texan who married a woman from a small Texas town, I can’t imagine a small town being that welcoming or accepting - individuals, sure, but not large groups…when we visit her hometown the young people are all decked out in “Let’s Go Brandon” t-shirts and other “anti-woke” crap…hell the town next to hers closed their library and removed the libraries from all the public schools, because they said the liberal teachers were trying to indoctrinate their kids into “sinful” queer lifestyles (their ignorant words, not mine).

Saransk1993Saransk19939 months ago

One of your best

Real characters and real-life issues.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Love it!

Isla94Isla949 months ago

Absolutely lovely, would make a great script for a film !

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Beautiful

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I loved it. Much happier ending than the movie A soldiers girl. But I cried just as hard lol. But they were happy tears. I agree that it would make a fantastic script for a movie. Kinda reminded me of another movie, but I can't remember the name. Two friends in KY grew up together and one transitioning. They were in love and HE didn't even realize just how much he loved her, till the end. Once again thank you.

Since I can't get logged in.

Your new fan

Miss Kira Bangkok

SuddenlyMaddieSuddenlyMaddie8 months ago

Yes! I got a little worried a time or two that the happy ending wasn't coming, but you never fail to deliver. Good lord, I need a boyfriend. Thank you for sharing your beautiful stories. 🥰

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Goddamn, that was a beautiful story.

carlykissescarlykisses8 months ago

Twins!.....Congratulations!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

That was a really beautiful story of self discovery. It kept me interested and engaged. Not all stories on here have to be wank-fests :P

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I quit , on page 6 . 2 stars . A decent story , until Chrissy turned into a preachy liar .

ShelbyDawn57ShelbyDawn576 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous

Don't know if you'll ever see this, but I'd love more detail on where you think I went wrong. I thought the Pizza Hut scene(page 6) was a pretty good scene.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

this was great but was it real i hope so

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Lovely story but i was expecting more sexual stuff before the reveal of the true identity of chriss.

Maybe not a fuck but at least a blowjob as a girl, maybe even to Rick?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Fabulous story that had it all, a back plot with freighter, the suspense of the what will people think and nicely wrapped up with the pending adoption. Just the way I like my fiction, a nice happy ending. Many thanks for publishing your works. Penny x

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

I love every one of your stories.

MaryFrancis36MaryFrancis364 months ago

This was a wonderful story. One that I couldn’t stop until the end. Please do some more on this storyline. Love it. Love it. Love it!

DaymosDaymos4 months ago

I've just finished reading it for the second time and I literally had to fight to not cry when Ben gave Crissy the necklace withe the family brand. Then one more when Crissy was on the train and called Danny that she is coming back home. BTW, Ben = the best dad ever 😁 I'm planning on reading 'When wishes come true' next, but I don't know if it safe doing it at work 😋

JasonP73JasonP733 months ago

I absolutely loved this story. It made me chuckle and shed a couple tears. Great Job.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Loved the whole story! Great writing. Xxxxx. Georgia

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

I'm about halfway through the story, and I'm loving it so far. But I was a little confused when "Xander and Phoebe" inexplicably became "Xander and Sophie". Other than that, great story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userShelbyDawn57@ShelbyDawn57
Authors Notes: Lots going on right now. Wanted to give everyone a big heads up. The authors got together and challenged each other to write stories in exactly 750 words. Never one to back down from a fight, I wrote and submitted six. They span several categories; 2 Sci-Fi/Fa...