All Comments on 'The Hunter and the Hunted'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 4 years ago
Gripping

Stev2244 has quietly become a must read. Tension and drama dripping from every word. Thank you, my friend. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So this is what writing looks like?

After months of cucks and psychos, this is something to sink your teeth into. I'm reading down the list and I'm going to stop and save the rest for tomorrow and the rest of the week.

I hate these events in a way. I read these stories that are what I would call nearly professional, and I get spoiled. The rest of the time we're lucky to get one a month. This is just terrific writing. Great story. Great stoies so far. All I've read.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 4 years ago
Another fantastic story

which seems filmic in its story telling.

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

Weird, exciting and fun story. Nicely done.

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
another perspective

WAY too weird for me... NO REAL STORY, just a bunch of unexplained thoughts and actions. I read the comments and am still unsure if they read the same thing I did ! Inside a story these paragraphs might have some validity but they are words on the wind to me. I just didn't get it... I gave it 2 ** but ONLY because :Blackrandl1958' was involved as I have great respect for her stories. To me this story was a monumental failure... sorry 'steve2244'

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago

I suspect Stev2244 wrote this while in a feverish state caused by that damn pervasive virus. No normal mind works like this. The story is well written and has a great plot. That all supports my theory that he was not in his right mind, such as it is. Keep posting, Dude!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5 stars

A fantastic story that most of us wish we could live. What a girl! Good job.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
wow, a non wife's a whore story

not bad

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Deserves a better score

Expanded and refined, this could easily be a great airport novel. Creative, well written, and a lot of fun 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Was this character borrowed?

Isn't this one of BeBop3's characters?

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 4 years ago
Wow. Amazing Story.

I wondered for three pages now the LW category fit - and it for sure does. This is as good or better than anything Stephen King has written. Scary, erotic, fascinating story.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Great

Took me a few pages to figure out what "it" was, and another page to find a loving(?)wife. Story was different as we were seeing it through thoughts of various characters. There was a lot of tension and suspense, and it worked for me. Loved the ending too. Just a great read, and one that could be a great book or tv series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting story

I would have liked a little better intro to fully understand the plot line but it was an entertaining read. That's the good thing.

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story!!

Very entertaining!! Keep up the good work.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 4 years ago

Well done.

I couldnโ€™t focus on anything else while reading this, much to my wifeโ€™s displeasure as she kept trying to talk to me. Thanks for sharing such a well-crafted work.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Woohoo!

Great story!

Full.marks!

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraabout 4 years ago

Excellent story and interesting concept. Really enjoyed it, thank you!

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 4 years ago
Wow. Different. Interesting

I, too, was lost on the LW thing for a long while.

This was unique and different and very good.

Thanks for a great read.

Hooked

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
A minute

Took me a minute to get into the story, but it was very intense and great fun. Once I found the living wife, I really enjoyed her adventure. A bit different experience seeing the narrative from inside folk's heads. Good one.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 4 years ago

This was a refreshing change of pace ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

A prequel would be cool.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I understand its supposed to be a Loving Wives story, . . .

but without the Science Fiction/Fantasy component it has no substance. Can't Science Fiction stories include love and romance?

Anyway, its not that good no matter how you view it. Apparently they could make the drug lord drop dead by just entering his mind? But all they did was steal the amount of money he makes in a week? And that is supposed to be some great act of heroism or vigilante justice or something? Why don't they do to bad people what they did to Pierre? Now that would be redeeming.

Glad she's good pussy. But Pierre taught her how to fuck. Wonder how that looks when he's inside her brain?

Thanks for the effort.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 4 years ago
What @Harddaysknight said.

I'm honored to have been able to perhaps help a little, but the characters and plot were all from the feverish mind and wildly creative imagination of stev2244. Well done, my friend!

GA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Contrary to Anonymous 3/18

I appreciate the fresh, outside the box, story. The slow reveal of a completely "different" situation was engaging -- it just wouldn't let me go. I usually read these in early morning and set them aside to get my day going (old folks like me have a hard time with the 'getting going' thing). This story really got me going, but wouldn't let me go until I reached the end. As Anon said, it would be nice to kill off bad people, but that is still morally wrong, so ruining the drug creep's day (and perhaps putting him out of business) is a moral use of their powers. As an aside, that drug creep's car was more accurately described than most of you can believe -- I was a field rep for a high-end car company and had to deal with a drug dealer in Detroit that had gold plated hubcaps and other parts that were originally chrome or painted -- it was so satisfying to agree to take back the car in a bogus lemon-law case for the original purchase price. He had to hire a lawyer and forgo the use of "his" car for months before the arbitration could be reversed and his money returned. I wish I was psycic (sic).

Sorry for the ramble but I really, really liked the story and it did get my mind going.

Thank you and best regards, Wally (Lit still can't get my membership working)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Please, sir, may we have some more?

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 4 years ago
Oh yes!

Bloody marvellous to find a story here that doesn't start from way back when they met and then plod forward as usual. I loved the almost insidious reveal of the characters, and then the plot slammed in, which was gripping all the way to the end. Magical! This is how great stories are constructed. Excellent writing monsieur!

Thank you! 5*

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

Anonymous asked:

"Was this character borrowed?

Isn't this one of BeBop3's characters?"

No, but I can understand the question. I sometimes write weird stuff. This is all Stev2244's stuff (to the best of my knowledge).

There is a slight/small/tiny tie-in to a chapter in my "Alistair" series, but they are different characters from the same facility.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very entertaining story!

Great story and well written. The only thing that kept nagging me was it shared some similarities with DreamCloudโ€™s The Link trilogy over in Romance. That aside, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to more of your work!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@moblane - No story?! - That was a FAN-tastic story!

@Anonymous, they didn't enter Pierre's mind, HE entered Effie's, and Neil entered to help her fight him off. Meanwhile, you don't think the two drug lords will blame each other for the missing money and take care of each other, not need for them to soil their hands, and I assume they're doing good with the money.

I also wondered where the Loving Wife would come in, and MAYBE this is more SciFi, but no complaints from this category Nazi. Five BIG stars.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyabout 4 years ago

High praise. Incredible originality. I don't remember anything like it.

Sad disappointment: I almost quit reading before the third page. The plot summary for the first two pages was: A mercenary group is trying to kill an entity (alien, ghost, corporeal,?) that can read minds and set traps.

High praise. Pierre's demise.

Sad disappointment: After earning (?) enough money for several lifetimes, the gifted duo use their talents only to steal money from the bad guys.

In the end, it was a well-crafted and very good story.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 4 years ago
A huge THANK YOU!

I stopped reading after the first page and a half (not a fan of Sci-fi unless I'm in the mood). However picked it back up again and am very glad I did! The pacing and visual images you created were superb.

Storyline was pretty straightforward but the way you resolved it was handled extremely well! Also loved the little added LW twist on the relationships.

Again thank you for the wonderful read!

Killian

robinhodrobinhodabout 4 years ago

A Tour de Force!!!!

Totally compulsive reading. Another triumph for Stev.

Not sure about Loving Wives, or even Literotica come to that.

Glad it's both though or I might have missed it.

BTW - I hate stories of the supernatural, due to my high level of cynicism. Didn't matter here.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 4 years ago
Well done stev

Great read, thank you for a thrillerโ˜บ

xtchrxtchrabout 4 years ago
Not A SciFi Fan!

I'm not really a scifi fan BUT every time I thought about stopping, you pulled me in again and again until I realized I was finished and I wanted more.

Thank You for a very entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Different

Well put together. Almost thought it was in the wrong category. Great read.

KRD19254KRD19254about 4 years ago

This is so original it is unique - well done. I too thought it was SciFi (and it has some) but it fits LW. Many LW readers will have problems with it as this one does NOT fit the typical LW mold. This story requires an LW reader to expand their mind - difficult for many - an 'Outer Limits' type.

Stev, hooyah, salute! 6*

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 4 years ago
Wow

Great fun story - loved the ending!

enderlocke27enderlocke27about 4 years ago
thermal

vision is what u were describing, not night vision

enderlocke27enderlocke27about 4 years ago
well

damn steve, i would buy that movie lol tyvm for that one. yeah this should have been in scifi cat, it was to good to care though

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
Good story, but...

More sci fi than loving wives. Still interesting, but not what I read Loving Wives for on Literotica.

JohnChildJohnChildabout 4 years ago
Got it

Two reads to understand the yarn but great plot and a fantastic ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting

But then again I have been into sci-fi since a teenager. This was right up there with the big ones.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 4 years ago
Excellent

Even if you exclude the SciFi element, this LW piece has a very fresh underlying plot. Is anyone else looking for a new avenue beyond the stupid wife/ex-Seal mild mannered hubby/discovery/revenge plot? Despite short story format, good character development, good pacing, non-obvious conclusion and excellent grammar as a bonus. Hope to see lots more Mr. Stev.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting and original premise. Excellent language skills.

Wow, a writer in Lit who understands the use of the subjunctive mood! Five stars for the language skills alone. (Also 5 for originality, expression, and grammar!)

bigguy323bigguy323almost 4 years ago

Loving Wives! Seriously! Science Fiction surely...

BlueHemiBlueHemialmost 4 years ago
More!

A very unexpected gem! This is the kind of stuff that really good books are made of!

ErotFanErotFanalmost 4 years ago
Great SciFi/LW story

Now I see where you got My Life As A Rat from -or- was it vise versa? An honest 5-star effort. Kudos!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Very Good SCFI!

Good story, Robin Hood and all!!

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago
The Best

Loved the entertainment!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 3 years ago

"So, if I see that a truck will hit me, I just don't cross the street and it won't happen. Other people don't have that information. The truck driver can't see the future, so he won't slow down. He has no idea that something is going to happen, so he has no chance to change the outcome. As nobody is warned, everyone keeps doing what they were about to do, turning the possible future into a real one."

- So, she could do what she wanted and change (or not) stuff...

And if I'd bet on a horse race, I think I would already change the future."

- But she just said that no one else knew what was going on so no change. So, clearly she should be able to gamble on horses (as proved by three story later)...

"The only thing that really changes is that privacy is a thing of the past. Yes, I know," I interrupted him, "I'm the worst of them all. I have an excuse, though. I'm fighting for my life, here."

- So, if someone made her do horrific things that she couldn't prevent them from doing, it was ok since she needed to in order to survive...?

"People were going to die if they failed. Even worse, the publicity might ruin their careers. My trick was to not think about it. Besides, I never wanted a career in the police business, so I had nothing to lose.

- Nothing to lose? Interesting that he values others' lives that he's sort of in control of as nothing...

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 3 years ago
Wow!

This story is far better than anything I saw in "Star Trek" or "Stargate" Sci-Fi series. Quite a fantasy trip over the human minds. Quite beautiful to read and imagine. We certainly have here quite a Sci-Fi writer. Thanks for the story, the time and the effort to write it. And please, keep writing. Don't waste your talent!

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Very well written sc-fi a little like the master, Heinlein. I am presently re-reading Stranger in a Strange Land for the umpteenth time, love it on Kindle, the print was so small in the book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This one lost me at โ€˜23 grand from a hundred grand is still 87 grand, right?โ€™. At that point I wasnโ€™t sure if that was supposed to be parody or the author was just bad at math. It turned out not to matter. I read the rest of the first page and completely lost interest. You canโ€™t win โ€˜em all, Stev2244.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Hey annony, the 23 from 100 was a joke. Just showed how stupid the mercenaries were. Great story.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. That was different!

๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

justbobkcjustbobkcabout 2 years ago

A long time ago I read a short mainstream SF story about two natural human telepaths - a good looking woman and handsome man - finding each other and rejoicing in this form of communication with each other. "I am no longer alone and lonely!", they both thought.

For about 30 minutes. Then it quickly turned to dislike and they couldn't get away ftom each other fast enough.

No secrets allowed and no privacy. They couldn't turn it off and it wasn't the least bit romantic. Just some food for thought.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good well written SF. Not what I was expecting but could not leave the story until it ended. You should try more SF stories if this is an indication of what you can do. But keep it plausible if you do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

We'll written an absolutely Brilliant story.๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ‘

calgarycamperscalgarycampersalmost 2 years ago

Getting a little close to DreamCloud's Hunted series..

Just saying.

Great read though.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Inventive Nd sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great fun. SciFi seems to be your fortรฉ.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

Excellent story. It reminds me of something I read by Dean Koontz years ago. The quality of writing in this story is on par with his, in my opinion.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Excellent story, really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Amazing story. Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What an unexpected,surprisingly different from your normal tales. SiFi ?? I loved it. Not because it's SiFi, but because it's simply well thought out, written,believable, absorbing and entertaining.Could easily have read more if making it longer would not ruin it...easy 5 stars...JZK

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

Interesting story, maybe the start of a new generation of decent people. Very good, second time.

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

Crazy impossible situations make this such a good read.

ibuguseribuguser9 months ago

Fantastic story. Well written.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar9 months ago

Very creative, excellent story.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker8 months ago

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคท๐Ÿ˜โœŒ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ˜‰

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Amazing story. Very creative.

Pinto931Pinto9315 months ago

Wow that was very different, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow, that was weirdly entertaining.

Jalibar62Jalibar624 months ago

Love the variety of your plotlines!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

And no one ever came looking for them? Apparently someone knew how to find the girl if they tracked her to Siberia. Just curious.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Stunningly good SciFi! Brilliant writing.

You're tiny little Eisbฤr->Ice bear mistake gives your origins away. They are called polar bears.๐Ÿ˜‰

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

23 from 100 is not eighty seven

77 is the correct answer

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker13 days ago

Been a few months.. still a great story. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคท๐Ÿ˜‰see yea later ! ๐Ÿ™‹

26thNC26thNC12 days ago

Reading again and seeing why I liked this so much the first time. A great story.

Schwanze1Schwanze112 days ago

Still fucking awesome!

Anon 23,

No one cares.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

The whole point of the math problem is to demonstrate that the mercenaries were stupid as well as cruel.

Interesting story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous