All Comments on 'The Ides of March'

by pietro108

Sort by:
  • 133 Comments
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Different. The "Indian medicine" is a bit of a stretch. 3/5.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

I usually do not like over-the-top revenge stories because, usually, they are simply too, well, over-the-top. 😉 But this one seems more "reasonable", for lack of a better word. It was a fun read. I did enjoy how everyone got a bit of punishment. Though, leaving false documents stating financial "irregularities" was a bit much as that can get one in trouble with the law. I assume they are false as no mention was made, earlier in the story, about that being an issue with Alan. Still, a good read.

-

Thank-you

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a twisted mentality. You are a gifted writer and your word skills don't need improvement. But why would you conjure up so a mindless vengeful person? He didn't seem to mind losing his wife, figured it had been a bad match-up. But when he heard he had been cheated on he lost all semblance of sanity. There is no way this sicko is going to ever find happiness with someone else.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 2 years ago

I liked it until the ending.

It was too nicely packaged: cheaters were punished along with everyone who knew about it. Ex wife goes to seed. Philanderer is run out of town. Blah blah fucking blah.

It is mind boggling in the extreme that hubby would be deliberately kept in the dark by EVERYONE. Literally every single person actively concealed the affair and it is statistically impossible. If literal strangers will tell another man that his wife is stepping out on him, then someone from his office would have spilled the beans.

The fact that he allowed his rage to dictate his actions also shows that he is capable of violence and revenge. These traits are manifested in psychopaths and it’s probably likely that his wife subconsciously recognized the danger she was in and found a more suitable mate.

Frankly, the ending was shit and you know it.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Very clever revenge!

5

KarnevilKarnevilover 2 years ago

Well that was really something! This guy drifts apart from his wife and they divorce, or so it seems. But later he's sitting in some random bar and by coincidence two men enter and just happen to sit next to him while talking in detail about a wedding which just happens to involve his ex. These men also just happen to discuss said wife's affair which everybody knew about apart from hubby, which isn't a surprise because it appears that nobody likes him anyway.

So he plots revenge. It's obvious he's not so good at his job because the company can't wait to get rid of him, but he's so good that the whole client base ups and follows him??

Then the company security team suddenly forget what they're there for and allow him to sabotage the whole office, really?

Theres BTB and theres BTB, this was rediculously wishful thinking BTB. I'm not even gonna mention the pathetic revenge, suffice to say it matched the rest of this nonsense.

AzpiriAzpiriover 2 years ago

Not to totally knick-pick, but the last few paragraphs go through a major time warp. It doesn't really state when he has his first beer after sabotaging the office building... but they act like it's recent gossip. Yet, some of the things in the gossip (like Rochelle and Alan having their fights/divorce, and Rochelle letting herself go) would require months to go by before that became gossip material. So was his first beer several months later? If it was several months later, then some of that is "old news" - like the skin irritation.

It was a decent story, but the ending ... was just off a little. Just an observation for future stories.

jasonnhjasonnhover 2 years ago

Beautifully nasty and mostly believable. A broad masterpiece of revenge.

The wife is a different kind of evil, able to lie without any sign of deception or concern about what they have done wrong. A sociopath.

His boss and the people in his company are all jerks and were in on what was going on. They all paid a price.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I never cared that they were married, so I never cared that they divorced. You need to add some depth to their characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
That's a different way to handle enablers

While I enjoyed Vandemonium's way of taking care of the enablers in his one story by blowing them up, it was very drastic and over too quickly.

However, getting poison oak, ivy and sumac on your nether regions will make you wish that you were killed in an explosion. That deep down itch they all suffered matched his curse perfectly. But will they learn anything? Doubtful. Those types rarely do.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

That's one way to burn everyone's arses! Nice one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Started well but degenerated into a lot of childish behavior and adolescent wish fulfillment. That all the pathetic revenge satisfied the MC says a lot about his immaturity. An adult would simply have let it go after the divorce.

JRHR848JRHR848over 2 years ago

needs a sequel to the aftermath

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

Started out with some potential, but soon turns into a rant that lacks any entertainment value.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

Well that was an awesome BtB.

You have to watch out for the quiet ones; when they lose it, payback goes nuclear!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story, although I thought the ending was a bit far fetched.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice daydream. All it would get in real life is a prison sentence for the MC and him a terrific lawsuit from the company and dozens of employees.

Still in all most of us divorced men would like the same scorched earth play out. 🥴

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Reads a bit like a kids' movie version of a BTB, from the speech on top of the cubicle to the revenge pranks to how everything ultimately worked out for him to the dot. Not too bad altogether, but a bit lightweight.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Very good revenge story. The only thing that could have made it better would have Bill "accidentally" meeting Rochelle, stare at her, and act totally shocked at her appearance. Then tell her he and his new wife were expecting and had recently purchased a large home in the suburbs. Then do an uncontrollable belly laugh while walking away.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Liked It. Nice dose of revenge on the whole company along with the cheaters.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

ITS A GREAT KARMA STORY......man made karma but good just the same.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"Rochelle kept the house by signing into the mortgage and I simply moved into a one-bedroom apartment." - What about their equity? She should have to pay him half the equity.

\

"However, as my relationship with Alan deepened, the married Mrs Saunders disappeared and my mind was only on Alan. I fell in love with him." - Okay, fine, she fell out of love with him and in love with Alan, it happens. So why maintain the charade, then pretend it was just a mutual parting of the ways.

\

He was a little overly dramatic, but he's right, if she felt there was something missing in there marriage, she should have spoken to him, maybe they could have worked something out, or had an HONEST divorce. Many times we hear the cheater ask the divorcing spouse, "Why didn't you fight for us?" Well, why didn't SHE fight for them before it came to cheating?

\

"This firm doesn't have one of those bullshit clauses about employees bonking each other." - It's not about that, it's about common courtesy, that you know an employee's wife, also an employee, is cheating on him with ANOTHER employee, and you don't tell him?!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

BTW, maybe you said the 10th of March just as a date marker, but since the title is "The Ides of March," you should know that's the 15th.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 2 years ago

Fun story. 5* from me.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 2 years ago

5* Accountants have the easiest path to revenge. Write On!

justwetwojustwetwoover 2 years ago

Fun story. Thank you for writing it. Everyone in it was a cold blooded son of a gun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Average…..but these days it veritably shines amongst all of the cuck crap flooding the LW zone.

.

Husband WAS clueless. Wife WAS a real sneaky cheat. Obviously these 2 never should have hooked up.

.

But…an overhead conversation….a burst of spine..a friendly security guard…..and justice was served! The wife even turned into a fat cow 😎

.

3 solid ***

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

I liked it.

Not a top shelf story

but very enjoyable.

4 out of 5 from me.

DazzyDDazzyDover 2 years ago

Btb! I love it.

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksover 2 years ago

Much like Bill, I never saw it happening and never knew I was cuckold, until she died unexpectedly. Then while cleaning out her car found a burner phone, condoms and lube. Then started looking around and found meds for a condition caused by multiple sex partners. Of course it didn't stop there and I discovered she had been at it for at least 10 years. But, different than Bill the people we knew thought I knew all about it and was a willing cuckold. As Bill said when confronting his ex wife, how could I have been so stupid and unseeing.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

I enjoyed it.

Though what the ex husband did was quite juvenile on the poison ivy and the escort message. But I did think he done right what he did to the boss.

It was just unfortunate the whole company got hit.

Thanks peitro108.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Good story. Justice has been served.

mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

Exceedingly over the top and vindictive.

I loved it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Belongs to SF/Fantasy

No likeably persons to cruel in every state.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Thank you. That was fun and a unique form of revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

this was only 1/3 of a story. go back to the drawing board and rewrite it. so much stuff was missing I had to give a low score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice One! Thanks

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

SAS may not have bullshit morals clauses, but I am sure they required all their employees to sign non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, which are enforceable in most states. The poison was a nice unique touch, however.

The story is otherwise simply the same themes with the same less-than-believable caricatures found in many LV stories.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great story with some nasty, inventive, and very deserved revenge. Some folks just have to try to inject real world facts into a good story instead of just enjoying the fun. Speaking of the same themes with the same less than believable characters, how about the infestation of cuckold stories in LW.

mainer42mainer42over 2 years ago

ha ha, poison dust, perfect!!! great story no nitpicking here

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
I liked it

I was worried that the author would go for a RAAC but luckily they stayed away from that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Non compete and non solicitation agreements are most definitely NOT enforceable in most states. They are only there to scare and intimidate employees. Also, even where they are enforceable they have so many limits on theme they become essential useless.

Anyway, what’s the purpose. If a client wants to leave how do you prevent them. You can’t control what or where a client goes.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

I enjoyed it but it moved a little too quick for me to fully buy into the story. 4*

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 2 years ago

Fun read. Clever revenge.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hollow victory for Bill isn't it? Rochelle at least should get the word on the wind about who help the demise of her and the company. She doesn't need hard evidence, just a word that provides a niggling doubt in her mind!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

What's REALLY stunning is that WHACKADOODLE and 2 others are actually BLAMING the husband for being angry and emotionally desperate after finding out his wife is a serial long term cheater.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

HOW FUCKED UP IN HEAD IS WHACKADOODLE

.....The fact that he allowed his rage to dictate his actions also shows that he is capable of violence and revenge. These traits are manifested in psychopaths and it’s probably likely that his wife subconsciously recognized the danger she was in and found a more suitable mate......

See? ANY emotion from a man is ALWAYS a sign of violence toward women.

SECOND since the husband was never home HOW could she KNOW he had so called violent tendencies?

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 2 years ago
Great Story

In my world this story deserves no less than 5*. I love your stories and the fact they are not based in the "sissy cuckold" pattern so common in the "Loving Wives" section. In the universe of fiction the rules and regulations of the real world obviously do not apply! I can't understand why there is always someone trying to find discrepancies between facts and fiction. I guess when you can't write, you become a critic. Thanks for the story, the effort, and the time to write it. Please, keep writing.

eightytuneseightytunesover 2 years ago

There isn't a more poetic justice for those lovebirds. So o deserving.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

A really funny story that has the deserved winner in the end. Nevertheless, I believe that there will no longer be a larger company that does not protect itself in some form against immoral behavior by its employees! 4/5!!!

SirCarlSirCarlover 2 years ago

Very well thought out, written, and presented.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 2 years ago

@someoneother: Normally a non-compete clause works when he resigns himself. As I understand his company sacked him, this clauses couldn't be enforced.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Great story! I love it when the cheater get burned, worth 5 BIG STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Aaawwwwww they really get to share as group now. Couldn’t happen to more deserving assholes.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

5 but it feels like you are missing a part, it just jumps from his revenge to the entire company going down the toilet, would have liked to see how it played out rather then being told. The boss in the story, really the whole company, seems utterly insane to anger a man who apparently brought in an insane amount of business. Decent story, just wish the ending was a bit more expanded on.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 2 years ago

Pointless, spiteful revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Scorched earth….hmmm, go figure……

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She put up with his shit ( at cafe). Unrolling an reroll highly questionable at best. Good plot to start sloppy finish. LOVE. slap*hapy*papy #9

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Excellent

That's how you treat a cheating wife and her asshole lover. Fuck them all.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Whackdoodle, you always found that extra 'misogyny' don't you?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

The biggest problem with this story was the juvenile tirade into which Bill launched at the office; it turned him into a completely unsympathetic and unlikable character, which made his rather unusual revenge less interesting.

Of course, it winds up sending him to jail, because it won't take the police long to figure out that this was a deliberate poisoning, and, with a zealous prosecutor, the use of a weapon of m(ass) destruction. He assaulted people who might have known about the affair, but didn't know him, and had no obligation to tell him anything. While the workers got some bad rashes on their asses, he's likely to get a real pain in the ass, in prison.

You do get points for the originality of the poisoning.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

I enjoyed it. The revenge was pretty over the top but hey, you had to come up with something weird to get revenge on all the people who knew and did not say a word. Kudos

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ReedRichards should change his user name to Debbie Downer.

BigJim48BigJim48over 2 years ago

The financial revenge was appropriate. The boss didn't care about the employees, why should they reciprocate. The powder spread around the hall was childish but helped the "curse". R & A evidently had no REAL relationship if a simple bit of misinformation was the driver to their break up. The revenge techniques were unique but not enough to lift this a over mediocre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed it. The revenge part while a little over the top was original, and I liked it apart from unrolling, and re-rolling the toilet paper. I doubt that part could be done wile looking like it wasn't. It became possible and not possible at the same time. The spraying of the toilet seats and keyboards would be very possible though. The ads for escort services and being told where to find them seemed odd, while sending them on the computer might have made more sense as people might have thought someone was spamming them, especially if they came from Alan's computer.

As for the letter following his (Alan's) employment history, that could be the boss' way of letting HR to do their job and include it. I probably wouldn't have announced to the staff who I was or what happened though. Maybe just done a mass e-mail (from the boss, so it gets read) instead cursing everyone publicly for not speaking up about the affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He was too easy on the all.of the employees at his old firm!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LOL, another male ego so easily bruised... pure trash.

zeuspmzeuspmover 2 years ago

pathetic trash story with childish revenge.

maninconnmaninconnover 2 years ago
Great tale.

Awkward ending. The poison oak, ivy, sumac was just a bit out there, but I found myself cheering his last road trip and taking clients. I didn’t think the planted evidence would pass any kind of investigation, and that bringing tue cheaters’actions to light, confronting his ex and their boss, and pulling away an entire division of the firm, one that he had nurtured and grown, was a brilliant revenge device.

Thanks for writing!

Rocky62Rocky62over 2 years ago

Bit quick and easy revenge… ok story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There's always somebody with a comment about the 'male ego', which is always funny to me, because it's literally a female's ego trying to justify selfishness. Men soothe our egos with these stories, women do it with Carrie Underwood songs about felony vandalism, but most importantly, YOU DON'T WANT A MAN if you don't want a 'male ego!'

An ego is a sense of self, a mental persona, the part of you that strives and perseveres and achieves, that's what confidence is! Why would you destroy that? Why would you think that's something a man could be without? Is that something you could do, come home from a job you didn't think you could do well, to a family didn't think you could care for, and you weren't sure they loved you, day in and day out? Could you live without that soul-deep faith in your self, your life and your ability to maintain those things? That's what cheating on someone who loves you does, it calls the entirety of their life into question.

If you think you should be able to choose your consequences or keep your relationship after you betray your partner's trust in you, go back on your word to God and everybody you know and undermine everything you both have together because you wanted to fuck someone else, YOU have an ego problem and it's made you a shitty person.

tazz317tazz317over 2 years ago
IT IS WONDERFUL WHEN THE IMAGINATION GIVES A WINNING HAND

but too bad for the not so innocents who pay any price. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Weak

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And after all that, he's still a pathetic loser.

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

Great, a different take on the age old problem, now that's proper revenge

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awsome

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

The plot idea (finding out cheating after the divorce) is worth tackling but here it is done in a foolish and juvenile way. Spreading poison ivy? And you think that would not be criminal act that police would investigate?

More nonsense throughout. The two bar guys know it all (except for a husband) and divulge it like a story with all the details? The two cheaters get married immediately and divorce at the first sign of trouble like the female character did not know anything about the guy before marriage?

Looks like you had plot idea but no skill of any kind what to do to make it more realistic for some truly devious revenge (if that was the intention) rather than juvenile nonsense.

lbeachamlbeachamover 2 years ago

Sometimes every thing comes up daisies. Good revenge story.

penneydog55penneydog55over 2 years ago

In the real world He would be eating out of a tuna can and She and Her Lovers caviar..Truth is the Ex-Hubby doesn't win..Wish it was different.

Anyway great reading 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Loved it, nothing like sweet infectious revenge. Well done.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Good story again. Much better than the turd in the punch bowl “The Gift”.

Tiger27Tiger27over 2 years ago

That was fun!

Great story, and well written.

LoisKnight69LoisKnight69over 2 years ago

Very good story! It was fun and readable. The powderized poison was a nice touch and most effective. Much more realistic than having Bill's brother, who just happened to be an Army Ranger or in Special Forces, give him a crash course in hand to hand combat, and then have Bill beat the snot out of Allan. The barely noticeable powder has the added benefit of not involving police when Allan appeared at the Emergency Room after his beating. I only hope he warned Raul about the powder and left one toilet untouched for use by security.

Several "realism" issues with the three largest being: 1) STD clinic would (almost) immediately identify the poison plants causing the infections, 2) A large accounting firm would have a "client pilfering" clause in its contract which would make Bill liable for stealing clients if it happened within 6 months (or some other established time frame), and 3) If everyone in the company knew about Allan and Rochelle, how was Allan's escapades with other female staff kept quiet? But it was still a fun "revenge" story. Thank you pietro.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It’s a very good story, very entertaining. I wish there had been another page, maybe just a follow-up on how Alan, Rochelle and Bill’s lives progressed over the next few years. As far as a “client pilfering” clause, I have to think a company large enough for something like that would also have a non-fraternization policy. And Bill’s boss told him emphatically that no such policy existed. Oh well, like they say, it’s fiction, folks, it ain’t real. But it is really good fiction. Thanks, pietro108.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

A Tale with a Happy Ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! That was one of the most passive-aggressive, beta-boy stories I've read here. Not one bit of his "revenge" was even slightly believable and in reality both his wife and his co-workers probably had a good laugh when he left. But, hey, they all got a skin rash, so I guess there's that. SMH

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LW or Fantasy? MC takes all the customers? Give me a break. Allan was a snake who liked to seduce married women then leave them behind. Why would he marry one of his conquests?

Bill bought a mixture of Poison Ivy, Oak and Sumac on one of his trips. Of course, just what I'd want to bring home. No home is complete without some.

Started out OK but the revenge plot was silly.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

That powdered poison ivy delivered throughout, was brilliant. I was surprised that he didn’t use it on the coffee cups or filters.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

The revenge part was too far over the top. Story was boring before it and unreasonable after the boring parts. The wife who was a boring accountant blows off a guy who is making a boatlaod of cash for a lounge lizard. She immediately believes the escort ploy?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What did he hope to achieve by confronting his ex wife. That was only ever going to be a lose/lose situation. He was never going to get anything but more pain from the meeting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Man He had the same type of friends that I use to have . I was so sure I had a faithful wife just like Bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

An adolescent head trip... are you 16 yo?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. By confronting his wife, he confirmed what a low-life cheat she was. Confronting his boss he found out what a low-life that guy was. And accounting firms live and die by their rep. 5 stars

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpietro108@pietro108
Dutch immigrant to Australia at age 6. Arrived with no English language. Catholic schooling. University to study teaching. Teacher for 42 years. Retired. Married since 1979.

SIMILAR Stories