The Imprint Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At that the telephone rang. It was Sherry, my Secretary. "Congratulations. Dr Windham was livid that the hospital released you early this morning. She wanted you to take a whole day off to rest."

"I insisted," I replied.

"Dr Windham was even more concerned," Sherry related, "that hospital protocol was breeched: You were not issued discharge instructions for after - care. We are in the middle of a malpractice crisis."

"If Dr Windham only knew who I was with," I commented.

Without taking note of the remark Sherry listlessly read a laundry list of instructions: Avoid heavy lifting, avoid bathing, take showers instead, avoid un - prescribed medication." After a pause, Sherry announced, "last one: avoid penetrative vaginal intercourse."

"A little late for that," I quipped.

"Dr Barton!" Sherry exclaimed, laughing.

"Sign up for an egg donation," I teased Sherry, "You'll get extra pay, a day off and your battery re - charged."

"Also, the manager of the Excelsior Motor Inn out on Route 20 wants to meet you, but Dr Windham said you're to take the day off," Sherry reminded.

"Well, I better get dressed and going," I hung up the phone. After I put the phone down, I called out to Mr Pauling, "Put on one of Josh's suits and wear a tie. Also don't forget underwear. We're headed to the scene of Erica's eh - accident on Central Avenue first, before breakfast. Central Avenue is nearby."

Fully dressed standing in front of Mr Pauling's car, I looked back at my house, solid as the stone it was built with. It's strength always gave me fortitude. Mr Pauling standing next to me joined me for a moment admiring it. "If you come into extra dough, and the opportunity opens, buy it."

Across the street from my brownstone, I stood admiring it. What did my place represent to me? Coming out of a convent school where 20 - 25 girls crammed into the shower, bathrooms and dorm together, this apartment represented privacy, independence and freedom. I struggled to keep it before. I vowed I would do so again.

"Buy it," Mr Pauling encouraged me.

Noticing the capital police up the block, I told Mr Pauling to get moving before the police came upon us. "I'll sign all your papers at breakfast."

12