All Comments on 'The Infinite Bk. 05 Ch. 08'

by Sage_of_the_Forlorn_Path

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
MajesticJMajesticJ3 months ago

Seems to me all this could have been avoided if Uther hadn’t decided on a path of conquest. The beastmen wouldn’t have needed to turn to the profane and actually might have been allies with Uther against them in the demon vs mortal conflict.

TwistedDaveAuthorTwistedDaveAuthor3 months ago

MakesticJ. Yep, but that is how life goes. Calling them beastmen was the first step onto the slippery slide. It is hard to overcome hate and fear as a group. Unfortunately, it only happens one at a time, and only the Str ng of will and sense of self will succeed. Hence the reason Noah is the heroes. Sure, he has skills and abilities, but that is not what makes him strong. It is that he knows who he is and no one can usurp that from him. That being said, Lupin is coming into his own. I hope he doesn't give in to his feelings for Nell. I hope he and Nell can be strong and be friends, count on each other and become a force for unity in Uther. Excellent story, now Bring Noah so he can destroy the rebellion.

JacktacularJacktacular3 months ago

You’re both wrong and didn’t pick up on the details of the story. The Profane were behind the war with Uther which is why it started to begin with. Go back to the beginning and actually pay attention to what was written.

Sage_of_the_Forlorn_PathSage_of_the_Forlorn_Path3 months agoAuthor

The war was initiated by barbarian hordes ransacking villages along Uther's border (book 1, chapter 7), and once Uther started retaliating and fighting back, they used their momentum to start claiming new lands (thanks in no small part to warriors like Adwith Tarnas joining the knighthood). The Profane didn't start getting involved until much later, when Welindar was close to falling, and transformed the king into a basilisk as a field test of their current magical technology (with poor results). Once the city fell, the beastman warriors (beastman isn't a slur in this world btw) who refused to surrender to Uther formed the Pack, and the Profane saw them as a ready supply of pawns for experimentation and conquest and started backing them while they cultivated their own strength.

skippersdadskippersdad3 months ago

That was another great Chapter. well done , thank you for posting.

pk2curiouspk2curious3 months ago

There was no stopping the Profane . It was once thought done . But they are back . With Noah's knowledge , scientific skills and a little magic . The world has a chance . A chapter without Noah is very rare ( if ever ) . But well done .

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Noah you're my Hero😀

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Without fail, i check literotica daily for a new chapter of your book.

Read if there is any (and give 5 stars)

Close literotica, if there ain't any.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wow. A excellent chapter. I hope Lupin pulls through though

Sage_of_the_Forlorn_PathSage_of_the_Forlorn_Path2 months agoAuthor

Once again *sigh* I have to apologize for the delays. Chapter 9 is still pending after more than a week. I don't understand why this site is suddenly being so difficult.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderabout 2 months ago

What an epic story! Your writing is definitely on par as the best professional writers. I salute you!

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

Excellent!! 8 stars!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous